• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lockbridge (Main)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
🅲🅷🅸🅰🆁🅾🆂🅲🆄🆁🅾
Corey Bennett

4 AM - Animal Crossing OST
1:05 ───|────── 2:52

|◁ II ▷|

Wearing: | X | X | X |​

Henry’s reassurance made Corey feel somehow better, more secure. He nodded, smiling slightly, and got into the car. During the ride, he stayed quiet, playing around on his phone a bit. Eventually, he had to speak up and voice something he’d been thinking about.

“So, um, what made you approach me about this specifically? Was it just the way I look, or…?” he trailed off, feeling awkward.

knaifuuwaifuu knaifuuwaifuu
"Kid, I've seen a lot of supers." Henry said. "And they don't all look the same." He sniffed a little, then sneezed into his sleeve. "Ah, excuse me. But they all share something in common." He paused for a moment once he came up to a red light. "They're all scarred. Nobody can fake that, unless they're an actor. Everybody wants to be a super, but nobody wants the issues that come with it. Yeah, mate. It's because of how you look, but I saw something else there too."

🅲🅷🅸🅰🆁🅾🆂🅲🆄🆁🅾
Corey Bennett

|◁ II ▷|

Corey looked up at Henry with wide eyes. Wow, that was way more emotional intensity than he was expecting to feel today. As much as he wanted to believe the hopeful words, he was intimately aware of his own shortcomings.

“You… you really think I have what it takes? I mean, I’m willing to try, but I don’t really, uh, get out much, and I’m r-really bad with people…”

"Well mate, sometimes that's all it takes." He said. "Sometimes the only thing you can do, regardless of all the hell life puts you through, is keep pushing on and keep trying." The light turned green. "I can't tell you how many situations I've been through where my determination was the only thing I had. Literally, mate. Three years ago, when I finally took a vacation from work and came up here to Lockbridge City to see my grandpa, I did not expect to be living here now." He sneezed again.

Dareia Adams
Apteryx
Entering the LPD
Interacting with Officer Lexus

"Okay..." Dareia said, trying to think of ways of censoring that without diminishing its actual meaning before determining that simply wasn't possible. She got out of the vehicle and made her way to the building, getting the occasional look or glare from the lineup, who were probably wondering why she was cutting the line.

There were two cops at the door, likely keeping people from rushing into the station "Um, hi there, fellas. Officer Lexus is sending me up to her office. She said that if you didn't, she'd kick your ass so hard, it'd feel like she um..." She looked around. "raped you." Dareia whispered quietly, terrified her mother or one of the nurses from the days she was experimented on would magically manifest and yell at her for saying something so awful. "So yeah, you should probably let me through. She sounded pretty serious."

AlienLover AlienLover (lol. I feel bad for Dareia.)
One of the officers moved, while the other wasn't quite so quick to believe, until he spotted the Chief of Police outside trying to disperse the line.
"Ahem, very well ma'am." He said, letting her through.
"Hey! I've been standing here for 15 minutes, why'd you let her in?"
"None of your business, sir." He said.
Inside was just as busy, but the Chief's office was right on the other end of the room.
"Can I help you?" Another officer approached her. She had her hands on her hips and stood just a bit taller than Dareia.

Dareia Adams
Apteryx
Heading to Officer Lexus' Office
Interacting with Various Police Officers

"Thank you! And sorry man, hope you get in soon." Dareia entered the building, looking at her new surroundings. She then realized she'd never been in the police station. Probably because she avoided doing illegal things and usually fled the scene of the crime once the criminal was restrained and she knew they were on their way to get them.

And then there was another police officer in her way. Great. Why were they all so scary? "S-Sure! That's Officer Lexus' office over there, right? She's sending me in there so. Honestly, I don't wanna upset her so if that is her office, I should probably get in there as soon as possible. Before she like shoots me or something."

🅲🅷🅸🅰🆁🅾🆂🅲🆄🆁🅾
Corey Bennett

|◁ II ▷|

Corey’s expression turned into a warm smile, “Thanks. That… that really helps. I’m still not sure how I’m gonna manage this but I guess I’ll find out, huh?”

Man, he really didn’t foresee this situation. This morning, he’d hid around a corner to avoid crossing paths with a neighbor who was walking down the hallway, and now he was in a car with a complete stranger to see about becoming an honest-to-god superhero.

Ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

As they neared the LPD, there was quite a group of people outside, sitting on benches, every one a civilian.
He found a place to park and pulled out the keys. "Ok, mate, stick by me, and I'll get you inside. Don't worry." He opened the door and got out.
He shook his head at the sight. He was counting on the possibility that a good 75% of these people weren't even supers. Rexford must've been on the edge-- though, seriously, when was she not?

Dareia Adams
Apteryx
Speaking with Police Officer in LPD
Interacting with a Police Officer

"Oh, the usual. Crazy lady who wanted to destroy and burn down a furniture store, Magma Woman I think was her name? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it. Anyways, I stopped her from destroying the building at least. She tried to destroy me too but thanks to my wit, charm, powers, the police force, and a McDonald's employee, I'm still standing." Dareia explained to the lady, nonchalant.

"Unfortunately, she got away. All things considered though, I didn't do half bad if I do say so myself. Next time, I think I'll be able to catch her with the right help." She added optimistically.

Dareia Adams
Apteryx
Speaking with Police Officer in LPD
Interacting with a Police Officer

"I-I- Do I have to say that again? If Nurse Jackie or my mother finds out I said something like that, supervillains are the least of my worries. Like, they will both manifest in this room and kill me. No exaggeration, I will die and I will not be able to do anymore ass kicking, which would be extremely unfortunate for everybody involved." Dareia pleaded, desperation and slight fear in her eyes. There's no wrath like that of a maternal figure.

AlienLover AlienLover
She smiled. "Alright alright. That's good enough for me. The Chief is a bit intense. Her office is over there at the end of the room. help yourself."
Another cop heard the conversation and nodded.

Dareia Adams
Apteryx
Waiting in Police Chief Lexus' Office
Interacting with a Police Officers

God was kind after all, it seemed. "Thank you, your mercy upon me is very much so appreciated." She made her way down to the room that was apparently Lexus' office, feeling the excitement and nerves in her chest bubbling up to her throat. This was really happening. She was gonna be an official superhero! How much cooler could this get? The only possible way was if she got a mansion and a pet tiger as well as a spot on the team the government was putting together.

Dusting herself of any left over dirt from her previous battle, she took a seat in the chair right in front of presumably Lexus' desk and tapped her foot, waiting for the Chief to return. She considered going on her phone or otherwise doing something to pass the time but would her typing away on her phone make a good impression? No. The answer was no, it would not. Just because she got to cut in line and go straight to her office did not mean she got a free spot with no effort into this group. Least, she didn't think so. Nonetheless, she had to present herself in the best way possible.

🅲🅷🅸🅰🆁🅾🆂🅲🆄🆁🅾
Corey Bennett

DISTRUST - Masafumi Takada

|◁ II ▷|

The crowd outside the police station made Corey immediately regret every decision he’d ever made. There were way too many people outside, which meant there would be even more inside. It would be loud and crowded as hell, and therefore completely terrifying.

He may have looked fairly serene on the outside, but internally he was screaming.

As much as his urge was to turn around and just run, he followed after Henry closely.

AlienLover AlienLover
"Hey Lexy." Henry called.
She turned at his voice, then smiled. "Hey King. Who's that ya got there?"
"A potential start to our group." He said as he approached.
"Glad to see yer not smokin" She said as she put a hand on her hip. "I got one in my office inside. Let's hope the two get along cuz these douche bags are enough to deal with."
He nodded as he looked around. "I'll be heading in then."
She grabbed his arm and pecked him on the lips. "Fuckin ass." she said smiling. "Thought you'd get out of a damn kiss?"
He grinned. Three years, she still hadn't changed.
"Well scram! I got work to do." She said.

Henry then proceeded inside, revealing his ID to the cops outside.
"Afternoon Detective."
"Afternoon."
Pleasantries were quickly taken care of and soon he managed to get Corey into the Chief's Office.
"Hello lass." He said to the girl as he held out a hand. "Detective Henry King."

Dareia Adams
Apteryx
In Police Chief Lexus' Office
Interacting with Detective Henry King & Corey

Dareia was, to say the least, surprised to see that it wasn't Lexus to enter the room but a man by the name of Detective Henry King and... A demon? What? And she thought she was the weirdo. Glancing briefly at Corey's horns, then realizing that's kind of rude, quickly turned her attention back to the detective.

"Dareia Adams, at your- FUCK!" She had attempted to shake his hand, only realizing after she still had a bullet wound in her shoulder. "... Service. Meant service. My bad." Dareia corrected herself as she cautiously put her hand down as her shoulder burned. It'd have to be dealt with after her talk with the Detective, as it wasn't too serious, it just hurt like hell. "I also go by Apteryx, but Ap or possibly Appy also works if that's too weird and Latin for you. Nice to meet both of you."

🅲🅷🅸🅰🆁🅾🆂🅲🆄🆁🅾
Corey Bennett

|◁ II ▷|

Wearing: | X | X |​

By some miracle, Corey managed to make it through the crowd into the chief’s office without his anxiety turning into a full-blown panic attack, finally breathing a sigh of relief when he was out of the claustrophobic area. He was immediately greeted by a woman whose attempt to shake his hand was cut short by a loud curse, which made Corey nearly jump out of his skin.

Once he recovered from the shock, he introduced himself, hating how meek he sounded. “Um, Corey Bennett. N-nice to meet you too.”

Dareia Adams
Apteryx
Meeting New People in Lexus’ Office
Interacting with Detectice Henry King & Corey

“So, I’m guessing you’re also here for the job?” Dareia questioned the unique looking man before her. She could tell he was nervous so was trying to break the ice a bit before Detective King could get to the nittt gritty of everything. “If so, hope we both make it. Cause like, being a waitress isn’t that great of job, not gonna lie.”

“So, what do you do? Other than have horns and generally look badass? I would one hundred percent buy your action figure by the way.” Dareia asked out of curiosity. She also wanted to know how powerful her possible teammates would be. Hopefully, her powers wouldn’t be too lame compared to hers...

🅲🅷🅸🅰🆁🅾🆂🅲🆄🆁🅾
Corey Bennett

|◁ II ▷|

“Yeah. Yeah, I am. Heh, I, uh, I feel you. I work at the library.”

Dareia’s comments on his appearance made him blush and stifle a smile; usually those weren’t so complimentary.

“Th-thanks. I can make, like, this inky stuff and harden it.”

To demonstrate, he pushed up his right sleeve, revealing blue markings similar to the ones on his face. As he activated his power, the markings turned black and ink oozed down his arm. As the goo covered his arm completely, instead of dripping down to the floor, it built up into jagged spikes. Within a few seconds, Corey had formed a shield of what looked like polished onyx from his elbow to his fingertips.

“I can also make the stuff from my face, sides, and legs. If I leave it alone, it goes away in a few minutes.”

As a weird semi-claustrophobic feeling started to set in, he realized that maybe the show of power was a bad idea, as he wouldn’t be able to move his hand until the stuff dissolved.

Dareia Adams
Apteryx

Damn it, her powers were super lame compared to that. This dude could make himself spiked, black armour! What was she supposed to say if he asked her the same question? I make wind go woosh and throw it at people? Like, was there a way to make her powers sound awesomer than they actually were? She couldn’t seem to think of one. I mean, she could bring up the tornado thing, but that’s just scary and dangerous, not necessarily impressive since she couldn’t actually control the tornado.

Dareia realized she’d been silent for a little too long, just staring at this guy’s arm. “Yep, definitely ordering that figure right after this meeting.” She joked, hoping she hadn’t weirded him out with the staring. You’d think the one with horns would act weirder than the average looking girl but nope.

“I got wind powers, if you’re curious. Not as flashy, but I can hold my own. I think. Maybe.” That was vague enough not to sound too boring, she decided. “There’s probably a video up of me in my dumb costume somewhere by now so if you want an example, look for flying people with ski masks. God, I hope we get new costumes if we get accepted. That’d be amazing! What if I get a bird themed one?! I’m so ready for this!” Dareia was practically bouncing around in her seat, more excited than a kid in a candy store.

AlienLover AlienLover
"Well mates." Henry said. Seems like things were going smoothly. He could tell that Corey was uncomfortable, and every sign left Henry guessing there was a level of social anxiety. "I will be back. Though, lass, you may need to rethink your name. I do believe that apteryx is a flightless bird from New Zealand-- also called a kiwi. They're cute, lass, but I don't think the name fits you."

He turned to Corey. "Take a seat kid. Try breathing, ok?" He headed out soon after.

Dareia Adams
Apteryx

Did he just explain what her own superhero name, that she came up with, meant to her? The bird she’d always draw as a child while waiting to be let in for one of her “treatments”? The bird that was underrated and cute, just like her? The name that meant “wingless bird” in Greek? She should change that to something else? Cause some dude she just met thought it didn’t suit her? Interesting.

“Okay... That’s an opinion...” She hid her annoyance and the fact she was offended the best she could, even after he left the room. Dareia was fairly certain she wouldn’t take his advice as she waited for the man’s return.

🅲🅷🅸🅰🆁🅾🆂🅲🆄🆁🅾
Corey Bennett

|◁ II ▷|

“Wind powers? That’s really cool, a lot of applications for that!” Corey caught himself before he went into a long tirade and revealed that he was a total nerd. Instead, he diverted his attention to the slowly eroding armor encasing his arm. At this point, he could only move his fingers a little bit.

He sat down at Henry’s request, looking down at his feet. Only after the other man left did he realize something, and he turned toward Dareia.

Wind powers? Flight? Ski mask? Oh!

“Wait, was that you fighting Magma Woman earlier today? I saw that, it was really cool!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back