• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Little Man Chronicles

Going by the way how names in this story work (Quill A. Bit) and their relation to some ability (porcupine), I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that Tycho is a really lucky guy. :/

Tycho is a man of many things.

Little Man Chronicles
Entry #6: Liking the smell of gas stations isn't weird
"This must be the place." Hilbert would stare at his phone which was currently on a webpage designed in an HTML design that a fifth-grader could've performed. Basic color background and simple box text.

His destination had brought him towards one of the older apartments within the area. The brick walls were covered in graffiti and the musty smell of the apartment lobby did not help in the slightest. Upon arrival, he would head up to a middle-aged lady who was at the front desk. She had long gray hair and one of those reading glasses. Her nails were painted red and had grown somewhat outward.

"Yes? Can I help you dear?" She asks with a long smile on her face, the sort a Grandmother would make on her doting grandchildren.

"Yes ma'am. I'd like to head up to room 213 please." The lady seemed to give him a long-winded stare before answering.

"Such a polite young man.. you rarely see such modesty in young'uns these days. But I'm getting a little too ahead of myself. Room 213 is up on the second floor. Go straight ahead and take a left."

"Thank you." Upon taking the stairs nearby, he arrived onto the second floor. The area seemed to reek of old cigarettes and alcohol and the rhombus-shaped carpet and walls did not help ease with the transition.

"Cripes... it smells like a morgue in here," he hastily says as he goes down the hallway and takes a left turn. The first door he saw on the left was Room 213. This was definitely the place. He took a deep breath before knocking. It took a few seconds before the sounds of footsteps could be heard.

"Yeah... whadd'ya want kidd?" The person who answered the door looked almost like a homeless man except his clothes were at least somewhat neater and he didn't wear a beanie on his head.

Taking out a bag of sharpies Hilbert would present it to him. "Here. I couldn't find any actual drugs but apparently you liked the smell of these things or something-" The man took it without a second glance. Hastily taking one out, the man removes the cap and starts sniffing like a madman.

"Oh yeah...," he starts to sniff it even more. Hilbert's eyes would awkwardly move to the left and then to the right.

"So... Tycho right? I'm here for some information." Unfortunately Tycho would still be sniffing for a good minute or so before reacting.

"Oh right.. sorry about that. You want some information?" Apparently he had been listening the entire time. Amazing.

He nods. "Yep. You know anything about a group called... Deep Web?" It was a little moment before the man's eyes widened a bit. Suddenly, he grabbed his arm and pulled him into his apartment room. Tycho locked his door as he would suddenly start talking quite fast while whispering.

"Are you crazy man?! What if they heard us? You'd be a goner for asking dat shit round here you hear???" It now seemed like he was on the right track by coming here. Hilbert would whisper back to him.

"Tell me what you know about them. I'll bring more sharpies if I have to." Tycho would look like he was sweating bullets at this point for taking consecutive deep breaths.

"I don't know how you got yourself involved with them but Imma tell you this right now... do not and I repeat do not try and engage them. I swear they gots people on the inside man... it's like they have eyes everywhere. I know this guy who knows this who knows this guy who knows this guy who knows this guy's cousin... that a journalist tried to dig up information about a case of disappearing people in downtown Starlight. She was found missing only a day after. Deep Web is ducking dangerous."

The situation seemed even worse than before. These guys weren't messing around. Hilbert felt it when he met up with Sang-Oh at the docks. Hilbert would be messing with serious killers. People who wouldn't hesitate to drop anyone at a moment's notice. Just how many people are in on this? He tried to think about it but only gave himself a headache for his efforts.

After a moment of brief thinking, Hilbert decided to see if he could ask one more question before leaving. "So dangerous right got it. Can you point me to anyone who might even tell me more?"

Tycho stroked his chin beard a bit before thinking of a possible person he could point him towards. Upon taking another deep sniff from a sharpie pen, he would have an idea. "Rumor has it that there was one guy who used to be an ex-member of Deep Web still wandering about. Used to be a high-ranking member too believe it or not. I don't know what happened but the guy pulled out from a job and got the crappy end of the stick for it. Supposedly, he's alive and kicking somewhere but no one knows exactly where. Got some people claiming they last saw him near the old sewer system in the woods. Locals call it the Sewer Ghoul or something I dun know.. anyways thats all I know. Look I dun wanna be mean but you should leave quickly. Yah never know who's out there."

Upon nodding, Hilbert takes his leave as he exits the apartment complex shortly after. His next destination was obvious: Starlight Creek. It was the only place with a woods and a sewer system. As he was about to head on out, he would be met with an incoming projectile: an arrow. Luckily he would be able to dodge as he hides behind a car for cover.

"Ah christ... they followed me here.. Tycho was right. These guys are everywhere," he says as would quickly plan out his next course of action. His current equipment didn't have anything to be used as a ranged item or projectile. The only thing he had were his usual items such as his baseball bat and rope. He decides to make a break for it by running off into one of the alleyways, avoiding the arrows whenever he could. He starts to quickly run up the side of one of the building walls as he makes it up to the ceiling. From there he would start to survey the area, where he would quickly duck as an arrow had flew past him. Thankfully he managed to get a good look at his attacker.

An individual who wears black shades, a bandana, a protective vest, some gloves and the bow and arrow set. "Who does he think he is? Oliver Queen?" Suddenly he would look up to find a sort of thin rope wrapping itself around one of the lamp posts. The archer had a grappling hook attachment onto his left arm as he would roll around the top of the lamp post. Soon he lets go upon reaching the halfway point, causing him to be launched high into the air. He starts formulating his next plan of attack as he gets ready for the attacker to reach the rooftop.

Voting Options

1.This Oliver Queen knockoff is just heading up to the rooftop. The guy is pretty vulnerable for an attack. Get the baseball bat and start whacking away. "You picked the wrong rooftop fool." 2. That moment of vulnerability could also work against Hilbert. The attacker might assume an attack is already coming and may pull out a surprise attack. Time to use one of your smoke bombs and try and escape towards a more favorable position.
Wow. Such Hiatus X Hiatus. It's good to be back and I'm so sorry that I kept you all waiting. School was quite busy and I had other projects to attend to. But now I'm back and ready to serve. As a goal, let's try and get at least 2 more new subscribers!

A sharpie junkie :grinningteeth:

Since this guy is basically Desmond Miles (mercenary version) and that we have no idea of how many weapons he possess, it would be wise to play it sneaky. 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back