• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Little Man Chronicles

YoungX

Hue Master

Little Man Chronicles

Have you ever been that one person who always thinks that he or she can't compete with everyone else? Well a certain teenager named Hilbert probably fits the category... sort of. He definitely thinks that he doesn't compare to all the things that exist in the world, Starlight City especially. In a world where some hold superpowers, Hilbert is among those who possess them but perhaps has the weakest one out of them all: the power of using his hands to stick himself or other things together.

Welcome to Starlight City, a city full of tourism, technology, bright lights and more. Our everyman protagonist lives by a single code: To not get himself involved in outside situations but his own. He upholds his code with great regard, not wishing to find himself wrapped up in ridiculous events that'll just go bad for him no matter what happens. It's just too bad that he always finds himself in these situations all the time! Join him on his journey as he tries to live his life while having to get caught up in the schemes of those much stronger than him.

The adventure starts now
Entry #1: Out of Planet Encounter
Cars were blaring, people were walking and a certain Hilbert was laying down on the rooftop of some apartment complex. To the side was his trusty backpack which carried some supplies and his trusty metallic baseball bat. As he stared upon the blue sky, he gave a small smile as he enjoyed the peace and serenity. Today was awfully peaceful, so much so that Hilbert wished that it could always be like this. While everyone else was living his life, he was off relaxing and hoped that he would never have to get himself involved in another scheme ever again.

"Back in black, I hit the sack, I've been too long I'm glad to be back~," a song would be playing from a portable radio next to him. "Who needs radio apps when you can have the real thing right here," he says to himself smiling as he listens to a classical rock station.

Today was certainly a great day for him; he felt that nothing could ever ruin this day. That is... until the moment he sees a strange object in the sky heading towards him. He swears that he was dreaming until he pinched himself.

"No... no no no no... this isn't happening. I'm just having a bad dream. I'll wake up soon and enjoy my day like usual." Hilbert closes his eyes when the sound of the approaching object comes closer. This definitely was no bad dream; this was reality. Upon opening his eyes to see it heading towards him, he would quickly snatch his backpack and portable radio as he rolled out of the way. The object that was in the sky lands safely without crashing into the rooftop. This object in question reveals itself to be some sort of spaceship or something. It was a sphere of some sorts with a sort of rectangular doorway. Slowly the doorway opens as a staircase is revealed that gently forms downward.

From the smoke... reveals... an astronaut. Well not some astronaut... it certainly had a helmet but it was a white helmet with a simple black visor in the center. His spacesuit was like the ones they had at the official space station except they weren't puffy, an orange jumpsuit with white gloves and boots.

"... You know I knew someday I'd have to deal with things coming from the sky but not this," he says as he stares blankly at the supposed astronaut. "So... who are ya and what do you want?" Hilbert simply raised an eyebrow at the mysterious stranger.

It seemed all too quiet. The air around them seemed really tense before the astronaut spoke with a rather grandeur tone. "Greetings Earthling. My name is Spaceman, from the Intergalactic Federation - Sector Milky Way. I've been sent here on a very important mission." He then clears his throat. "Now to start... it all began with one of our many prison ships routing it's course towards our main base of operations in the Milky Way. Unfortunately it seems that due to a lack of... management, one of the prisoners had made an treacherous escape and crash-landed onto Earth. The prisoner is an ex-convict who made a living off of robbing numerous sites. Quill A. Bit is unpredictable and if I don't capture him soon then who knows how many will fall prey to his sharp quills of doom."

Hilbert blinks once before laying himself back down on the ground and closed his eyes.

"Erm... what exactly is it you're doing young man?"

"This is just a dream. I'll just go back to sleep and it'll be alright," he mutters to himself as he tries to fall asleep.

"I don't believe that's how it quite works," Spaceman refutes as he simply stares at him up close. The astronaut couldn't understand the young man's behavior as it felt too erratic and out-of-place. "You've already acknowledged my presence, so I'm curious as to why you're now pretending this never happened."

Hilbert simply gives a small sigh as he stands up and looks to Spaceman. "At this point, I'm already gotten myself into this situation. May as well tell you." he takes a deep breath before resuming. "I've always found myself wrapped up some chaotic mess. It's always once incident after another and I can't seem to catch a break. Forgive me if I just want some peace and quiet but... I can't really let some alien criminal run amok in Starlight City. So what exactly is our first step?"

"I don't know," Spaceman says casually.

"What...? You're supposed to be some Intergalactic Fed Agent or something. How the hell do you not know what to do?!" Hilbert could not believe how this. How could they send in someone who didn't know how to track down a dangerous alien criminal?

"Ugh... looks like I'll have to do something about it,"
he says with annoyance as he thinks about his options. "Here I'll just look it up on the internet," he says as he checks up on his phone. "Say... what does this alien look like?"

"Well he has a rather furry body... brownish fur mind you. On the back-ends of his body is filled with dangerously sharp quills. Oh and yellow eyes that rival a crazed beast! Should that suffice?"

He simply nods as he starts looking up articles related to mysterious porcupine-like creatures as of late. No good. Looks like there hasn't been anything. "Can't seem to find anything. Guess he's just biding his time looks like."

"Hmm... makes sense. His escape wasn't exactly unscathed after all. Taking a few shots to his body certainly gave him some wounds that he needs to recover from. It seems that this search will be quite difficult. Looks like we are certainly back to square one as they say."

Hilbert takes a moment to plan out their next course of action. How would he track down an elusive criminal who didn't even leave much of a trace on Earth?

Voting Options
1. Try and see if you can locate some crash site. Perhaps maybe something like that could've made some news.
2. At this point perhaps it would be faster if one were to ask around. If the alien was this elusive then he probably left no traces.

First vote! Post below for your votes and once I have almost everyone then I'll post the results. Since we're starting off simple, the votes aren't as intricate.

Subscribers: Aurum Aurum D duegxybus ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R

Last edited:
Jeez, I don't think anyone's gonna give us anything good if we just ask around. After all, he left almost no traces. Almost.
Unfortunately for this two-bit quill, we know exactly how to find him. He made a critical mistake in leaving all those clues at his crash site, and we're going to use those clues to find him and put him behind space bars for good.

Who's ready to look for the crash site?

Jeez, I don't think anyone's gonna give us anything good if we just ask around. After all, he left almost no traces. Almost.
Unfortunately for this two-bit quill, we know exactly how to find him. He made a critical mistake in leaving all those clues at his crash site, and we're going to use those clues to find him and put him behind space bars for good.

Who's ready to look for the crash site?
Oh! Me! Me!

Yeah, if MIB has taught me anything, it's that tabloids contain all the real news. Time to find ourselves a crash site.

As convincing as finding a crash site sounds, I would think it would be faster to ask around. However, asking around may draw a bit of attention towards Hilbert and his motives. Sure, it's faster, but it's better to keep it between him and Spaceman. This swayed my vote option towards just finding a crash site. Spaceman better come with Hilbert though.

Because of this I vote 1.

Little Man Chronicles
Entry #2: Sometimes Fake News is Real
"If that guy escaped then he left like a crash site right? I mean no way he didn't crash land if he tried to escape and ended up here of all places buuuuut... I didn't hear of any news about a crash landing," Hilbert says to Spaceman as he considers that the only real option they have at this point.

Spaceman stares blankly for a bit before responding. "We'll just have to find out for ourselves. I believe we should go with this course of action." Then he digs into his pockets from his suit as he takes out what seems to be a circular device of sorts. "Hmm... I do declare that we get cracking on this case posthaste. This specially-made device is an I.G.F X-COMM. With it we are able to locate any I.G.F owned equipment and member present. It also aids in location of prisoners but... they have to be tagged first and that comes with a special procedure. Unfortunately Quill A. Bit escaped before he would be taken to the Milky Way Prison. As such... our best is indeed to search for the escape pod. Now... let us be off!" He walks towards his spaceship when Hilbert realizes an important point.

"Hey hey hold up! Listen I don't think you ought to be going anywhere with that thing. I mean the government probably picked you up as you landed."

"Ah yes the Earth Government. Well don't you worry about that sort of thing. First off the ship was coated with a special forcefield that hides off it's presence from equipment and human sight. Second it wouldn't really matter anyhow really don't you worry."

"Wait then how come I was able to see it?" The second bit was strange to him but the first part he questioned more.

"I disabled it upon landing. Of course it still would not be detected from equipments such as radars."

"You're telling me... that you were going to tell all of this exposition to just any random stranger?"

Spaceman is rather silent as he then responds with this. "Well off we go!" He enters into his spaceship with Hilbert sighing as he follows. Looks like he wasn't going to get his answer today.

A little while later... the two find themselves landing upon a dense forest with a small clearing. In this clearing was a crashed escape pod that was still open. Around it were debris and a small trail to indicate crashing.

Spaceman and Hilbert both exit the pod as they head out in order to inspect further. As the two get close enough, they start looking around for clues. "Yes the criminal had left quite recently. See the trails of his quills? They're quite fresh," he says as he picks one up. "Careful not to touch them by the way. They're sharp enough to dig deep into human bone."

"Yikes...," he says as he had almost touched one up carelessly. "I can see stuff that looks like trails but it looks really badly made. Almost seems intentional." Spaceman need suddenly looks around him as Hilbert made the comment.

"Yes... quite intentional. Almost as if- get down!" He yells as he pushes him and Hilbert down to he ground. A few quills are fired as they land onto a tree, digging deep into the tree itself.

"Kah! I almost had you two!!!" Quill A. Bit reveals himself as he was hanging from one of the trees. He descends to the ground as he readies his quills once more. "I knew I would be able to draw you I.G.F bastards out! Now take this... Needle Cannon!" He launches a flurry of quills from his arms as Hilbert and Spaceman make a run behind the escape pod for cover.

"Jesus Christ! He's out for blood... the hell are we gonna do?!" As Hilbert looks he notices that Spaceman had already been missing as he had sprung into action. He had already gotten close to Quill A. Bit as he seemed to go for a straight right punch when Quill grabs him with both arms.

"REEEEEEEE!" He yells as he slams Spaceman into the tree. It appears that Spaceman is knocked out and is unable to assist, leaving Hilbert by his lonesome.

"Ah... son of a-," he runs away as Quill A. Bit goes for a frontal assault of quills as he jumps him. "BITCH!" Hilbert runs like a mad man as he barely makes it in time to go behind a tree before almost getting skewered by more quills.

"Ah you dick! God dammit I can't believe he got knocked out so easily! Now what... think Hilbert think...," he mutters to himself as he starts thinking of a way to counter this mad alien. He looks into his backpack and finds a few things that could possibly help: a baseball bat, rope, and a single can of air freshener. 'Why the hell do I have air freshener?!' He says to himself.

Voting Options
[Direct] 1. Try and lure Quill into becoming vulnerable then spray the can of air freshener into his face. With a window of opportunity, use his own power and make him stuck to the ground, avoiding his quills of course. This will allow Hilbert to go on the assault for future occasions.
[Indirect] 2. You've got some rope. Let's set up a trap! See if you can make tie him down or trip him up in order to make him stuck to the ground. This will allow Hilbert to be more indirect when it comes to taking down enemies.
[???] 3. Write-In!

Second vote! Now as you can see here these two votes focus on two different ways of handling a combat scenario. Either directly or indirectly. As Hilbert finds himself in scenarios, he will of course develop the way he handles them. As such choosing the same kind of prompt will encourage more of said option. We also have a special third option which is a write-in. Depending on how popular someone's write-in is, it will be classified as either direct or indirect. These direct and indirect points will be tallied of course.

Subscribers: Aurum Aurum D duegxybus ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R

The can of air freshener should be under a lot of pressure, so I kinda want to see what will happen if we forcefully throw the canister towards the alien's quills. Should explode spectacularly. With that being said, we have powers for a reason so let's try and defeat the little bugger by sticking him to the ground, which neutralizes the target and ensures he won't get away again.

Stick to the ground, because knowing Hilbert from all other roleplays, he's best at sticking things. That, and not giving a shit.

On a serious note, sticking Quill to the ground seems like a good way to handle the situation. Besides, attacking the alien hoodlum head on MIGHT result in stabby stabby poke poke.

Little Man Chronicles
Entry #3: An Encounter with the Spider - Part 1
It was time to set up a trap. Hilbert got to work in luring the alien hoodlum into the thick of the woods as he set up his tripwire while covering it up with various sticks and leaves. Then as the alien spent time looking for him, he revealed himself to him.

"Are you sure you're a dangerous criminal or are you only good at poking people?" He says as he lures the enraged alien into the trap. From there Hilbert walks over the tripwire as to not let his plan be discovered. Then as the alien runs into the tripwire, Hilbert places both hands onto the ground before dodge rolling out of the way. Thus the alien would be stuck to the ground as he tries to move but can't. Despite shooting quills, it wouldn't do him much good considering he can't move his body.

Hilbert gives a sigh of relief as he heads back to see Spaceman... doing some stretches.

"Ah welcome back. As you can see I've gone and recovered quite well from the tenacious criminal. Now then... let us plan on taking him down," he says as he starts looking around.

"Actually I made him stuck to the ground. Might wanna get a bunch of people to dig up the ground," he says casually as he brushes off dirt from his clothes. With Spaceman confirming that Quill A. Bit is actually secured, he contacts the I.G.F in order to send a recovery team.

A little while later the team comes and basically places the stuck alien and the chunk of the ground into a stasis chamber.

"Oh and try using liquid. It comes off with water or anything liquid," he says to them as the team is sent off back to base. "God... another stressful day," he says as he relaxes on the ground with a towering Spaceman looking over him.

"Congratulations Hilbert, a job most well done. With that my business on Earth is over and I'll be heading back. In any case it is farewell... for now," he says as he heads into his spaceship and departs.

"Yeah sure go ahead...," he says as he begins to take a nap. A little while later he opens his eyes when he realizes something that he had just thought about. "Wait a minute... I never told him my name..."

Suspenseful music.

A while later Hilbert goes to return to his humble abode. It was a tinkering shop that dealt with fixing technology and the like. The store simply had a symbol of a wrench on the banner and that was it. Everyone who lives in the area are aware of the shop and simply head there whenever someone was an idiot and decided to try and smash their phone for views on the Internet.

"Professor I'm back!" He calls out as he hangs his backpack on a coat hanger as he enters the backdoor which leads to a large laboratory of sorts. There he look around for a bit until he hears a loud explosion. Quickly he rushes on over to the testing field, a small boxed space meant for experiments. From the smoke reveals an adult male who looks to be in his early 40s.

"Cough cough... and I hereby conclude that is the last time I try to link a toaster to a Nintendo," he says quite casually as he dusts off soot off of his white lab coat. Much of his attire seemed rather casual for a scientist as he wore saggy blue jeans, a black shirt, and goggles around his eyes. His hair was also quite goofy from the explosion... actually it's always like that. Oh and he had a gentleman's mustache not to mention an English accent.

Doctor [Professor] Hiroshima
PhD in Mechanical Engineering
"Professor second, Gentleman first"

"Oh Hilbert mah boy welcome welcome! I see you're back from what seems to be another endeavor. This is why you should've brought some of my latest gear such as... these specially-made boats that allow you to walk up on walls using your feet! No longer do you have to climb up with you hands like a frog," he says as he walks up on a wall with them. "Or perhaps you're far more interested in my specially patented cologne! I guarantee it'll bring out your true male essence. Perfect for the ladies. Ah yes... the days of my youth like the scent of fresh lemons you see!"

"Nah I'm good... just got done dealing with an alien. And here I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous... I swear the next thing you know I'll have an alien girlfriend... preferably with purple or pink hair if I do," he says admittedly as he goes to serve himself some lemon squares from the mini-fridge.

"Aliens? Ah do let me come along. I've always wished to study extra-terrestrial beings and their biological rhythms... perhaps it'll inspire me for a new invention for this year's gathering at the Inventor's Fair for Gentlemen."

"Sure... hopefully I don't though. I almost got quilled to death. I don't think I want to meet anything to do with Quills for a while," he says as he takes a bit out of one of the lemon squares he served up on a small plate.

"Hmm that reminds me, Hilbert meh boy... a package had arrived addressed to you. I left it at the countertop," he says as he goes to disassemble his attempt at a Nintoaster Switch.

Intrigued, Hilbert heads out back to the front where he sees a small package just sitting there. Slowly he opens it up to reveal an envelope and a sort of calling card. He wasn't exactly sure what the calling card was though. It had a black spider in the center that was drawn to have sharp points at it's legs with a spider web behind it.

"What is this an invitation to Duelist Kingdom?" He opens up the envelope as he reads the contents to himself.

Salutations Hilbert Al Dente,

You do not know us but we most certainly know you. We have been watching you take down crook after crook all while making sure to avoid suspicion upon yourself. Your skills are certainly most impressive. We are an organization known as the Deep Web, a group of people with special skills that make them stand out towards one another. Certainly we are familiar with your quirks. There is no denying that you wish a life of relaxation without worry. Well... by joining us you are able to live that dream and turn it into reality. All that we require is your cooperation with certain tasks that, in no possible way, endanger your life. If interested then head towards the docks at around midnight. This is simply an offer you just cannot refuse.

Sincerely,

D.D

He simply stared at the contents of the letter all with one question in his head. "What kind of name is D.D? Guess it's some code name," he says as he puts the letter back inside. "Huh... the docks huh?" While he didn't know what the organization, Deep Web, was or what their goals are... he did know one thing. They most certainly knew who he was and most definitely where he lived.

"They sent me a package with an offer... they don't sound stupid enough to just send me this thing and expect me to keep quiet." He looks outside his window to find it to be a rather ordinary day. "Probably aren't even fucking around too... God what did I get myself dragged into this time?"

Midnight had come around where Hilbert reached the Starlight Docks. Ships were docked and it was all too quiet. He would look around to see if anyone was there but no one showed up. The atmosphere felt tense and he wasn't sure exactly what was going to happen. Then all of a sudden a rather tall and muscular individual with a crew cut arrived to greet him. He was dressed in a military get-up of sorts as he looked down upon Hilbert, who seemed rather small to him.

"You must be Hilbert."

"And you're... D.D?" The military man shakes his head.

"No no. That is my comrade. You may refer to me as Sang Oh," he says as he shakes Hilbert's hand. The man's presence and strength made him quite worried about what would happen if he were to make this guy slightly ticked off.

"So... Sang Oh... what exactly is Deep Web?"

"All I am to tell you is that we are a group of specialists that carry out requests that cannot be resolved through normal means."

"So... mercenaries."

"You can call it that yes. Now then time is of the essence. Will you join us? Our Boss does not wish for this exchange to take long."

"And... if I don't?"

Sang Oh's expression is rather calm but has an intimidation factor to it. "Refusal can lead to... compromise. You have received our calling card. To do so is to risk our presence being discovered by the public. I trust you understand what this means if you refuse to comply. Your Professor friend is doing fine right now but... accidents may occur. In fact your life may also be forfeit from accident. Our boss is a rather... lenient man for a lack of a better term. You may leave unharmed but... you never know what could happen at any time."

Hilbert stares back at the man with a rather serious expression. This was certainly not good. He had a choice to make and he was going to make it now.

"Fuck... so it really was that sort of thing...," he thinks to himself as he is faced with an ultimatum.

Voting Options
1. Join the Organization... for now. You'll do some work and in return try to learn more without getting caught. It's better than having him and the Professor's lives being compromised.
2. Refuse to invitation. Yes the situation can get worse but this organization may not even be trustworthy to begin with. After all why comply with someone you don't already like?

Third vote! Here we go things get serious. Also let's hope that we gain more members!

Subscribers: D duegxybus ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business
Aurum Aurum

Last edited:
I personally don't like Sang Oh. Besides, joining might stop Hilbert from getting that alien girlfriend. But if Hilbert doesn't join...the "organization" already knows about him...

I can totally see why joining big fancy organization choices suck.

I'm sure if it's that important, Hilbert can join later. But for now, stick with Dr. Hiroshima and him alone.

Sorry, guys, can't make any lasting friends with threats like that. Plus, organizations like these are always built on deceit and lies. It's gonna result in a load of paranoia either way.

Gonna have to refuse the invitation, folks.

"All that we require is your cooperation with certain tasks that, in no possible way, endanger your life."
Yeah, as soon as I read that I knew they were up to no good haha. With that being said, I don't think we can refuse the prospect of living the life we have always wanted...or ignore the fact that there will be dire consequences if we refuse. (Although I'm a bit confused at the boss being described as lenient, as the next sentence seemingly contradicts that.) Although I would never participate in criminal activity myself, I have no qualms about Hilbert doing so, after all this is the place to let our imaginations go wild, right? I'll put my vote to 1. and we will see what happens. (Pretty unlikely the outcome will change, but nothing like playing Devil's advocate haha)

Little Man Chronicles
Entry #4: An Encounter with the Spider - Part 2
"Now then... what will your answer be?" Sang Oh asks as Hilbert remains rather silent during this exchange. The mood quickly dampened as the air turned cold and the atmosphere dense. Silence was the only sound heard during these few moments of critical judgement. One would dare to scream at the tension.

"I'll wait as long as it takes so long as you do not leave." He stands still as he waits for the boy's answer.

Hilbert looks back to him as he begins to speak. "I'll join you..."

"Not," he says as he takes out his baseball bat. "I'm not one to join a shady group like that in the first place. Not my style anyway. Never liked the underworld types," he says as he grips the bat tightly.

Suddenly Sang Oh would surprisingly nod. "If thats your answer then so be it. That honesty is something that more people need in this world. Normally I would consider a fight but... I've been told to only receive your answer, even if you decline. The boss is a rather interesting man. 'Kill him if he refuses. Do not kill that one if he refuses.' I've never meet the him face-to-face but... no you'll understand in due time should it come to that. Now I'll bid you well... if you survive that is." It was at that moment that Hilbert felt a chill up his spine as Sang Oh's eyes were primal, almost beast-like in nature; it was as if he was a predator and Hilbert was the prey.

As Sang Oh leaves Hilbert lets out a sigh of relief as he sits down on the floor. "Ah dear God... I thought I was dead!" He takes a few deep breaths as he takes a moment to recollect himself. Only one thing was left on his mind. 'He's dangerous. I would've died if I fought him now. I almost died again...'

After a bit he heads on back home where he sneaks in and sleeps back into bed with Professor Hiroshima dreaming about toasters while wearing his pajamas and a night cap.

The next day, Hilbert would start his day right with a bowl of cereal at the dining table. He couldn't get the whole Deep Web situation out of his mind no matter how hard he tried. "What have I gotten myself into this time...," he mutters as he slowly eats his Special K cereal.

Meanwhile Professor Hiroshima was in his laboratory as he was conducting a new experimental toaster that would also allow him to toast up to 6 slices of bread at once all while having the function to automatically serve up with either PB&J or butter.

"Huzzah! With this new toaster I can finally enjoy my toaster all jammed up straight from the heat itself. Only one step closer to fully realizing this old cog's dream!"

"Having fun with toasters there Professor?" Hilbert asks as he heads into the laboratory.

"Ah Hilbert, me boy! Yes yes I'm currently working on my latest invention. One that will revolution the toasting industry forever! Why the long face? You can tell this cog anything I tell you what. Yes the days of my youth... like the scent of fresh tangerines," he says as he reminisces on his younger days.

"Oh guess it's there... so... we're basically going to be targeted by this underground mercenary organization called Deep Web because I refused to join their ranks. So yeah... theres that."

Professor Hiroshima becomes awkwardly silent. "Oh well I suppose these things do happen. I do believe the best thing to do is gear ourselves up for these mercenaries yes? I think it's time to test my gadgets in action, me boy!"

Hilbert gives a small smile. This was what he liked about the Professor, he's all for nonsense and chaos which is unlike Hilbert. It was like a balance that helped the two out. "Alright so the guy I met is pretty dangerous. I can tell from my instincts and whatever genes let us do that."

"Ah a sense of danger? Yes that is quite normal for human behavior. Well then I suggest we upgrade your equipment yes. May I see your baseball bat?"

Hilbert takes out his baseball as he gives a long stare at it. "Yeah sure... just be careful with it alright? Pretty important to me."

"Yes yes I do declare that is what I've been told many a times Hilbert, me boy," he says as he puts on his goggles and examines it. "I do believe I can enhance this in some way and I do have other equipment for you to use as well. I shall get to work post-haste, me boy!!!" Professor Hiroshima immediately enters speed-run mode as he gets to work on his techno-magic.

As the Professor gets to work, Hilbert begins to formulate some form of plan. "Alright so... a secret private group is going to try and kill us so... what should I do? Too bad I don't know how to get into contact with that Spaceman... I'm sure he would've sent me some I.G.F people." He needed help though he certainly didn't know who to call upon. Then he starts recalling people he helped out in the past to help him for this situation.

"Well there was Larry the cable guy... eh he doesn't have fighting skills nor knows anyone who does. Oh maybe that one chick... what was her name? Eh I forget. And I will definitely not call her, of all people... no matter how desperate. Who can I call on?"

He then starts coming up with people to call upon.

Bravoman? Smoke Specter? Shaggy? Rolf? Ronald McDonald? Robbie Rotten? Yappi? Sportaflop? Shrek? Sanic? Sang Woo? Mori Jin? Tristan Winters? Kirsty? Mumkey Jones? Alexa? Elliot Rogers? Ethan Klein? Reactor?

"Wait a minute... none of those people exist. The hell am I saying? I need to lay-off the fast food..." Then a literal light bulb shines above his head. "Oh...! Hey I know who to call." He quickly takes out his phone.

"I'll call that Mia Steele chick!"

Then the words of Spaceman echo into his mind.

"Hilbert there is a time and place for everything. Now isn't the time. You need a crossover first since you don't know who she is yet."

"...Fuck... Now what?"

Voting Options

Write-In!!!

Fourth Vote! And for the first time... your only option is to do a write-in! That's right I'll select the most popular and best write-in as the next option. I'm looking forward to seeing just what sorts of things you'll write up.

Subscribers: D duegxybus ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business
Aurum Aurum

Eat some PB&J and fist a toaster while singing the national anthem and drinking air

This is difficult, especially 'cause there are SO MANY THINGS TO DOOOOOOOOOOO

Ethan Klein?

CsLygN8UsAAtIHg.jpg

See if Hilbert can contact Spaceman again. If he didn't hit a dab and leave forever just like 70% of roleplayers do on this site, he might, at the very least, give Hilbert something to do. If Spaceman isn't there, then, well, go for a walk and find some place to eat.

I doubt Spaceman is going to be around again, but take the write-in you've got and get things going from there. I'm not about to come up with anything good myself.

Little Man Chronicles
Entry #5: A step in the wrong but otherwise totally right direction
A little while later, Hilbert would find himself eating a strawberry parfait at a local ice cream parlor, Bon Petit. It was quite busy though there were a lot more female customers than males.

"All this time worrying and here I am enjoying a parfait. Let's see... what to do?" He starts writing down a few notes about the situation. A private organization known as Deep Web was now going to go after his ass, or so he puts it. Something clearly had to be done but what? His entire livelihood was now in check because of this. Who would've thought that trying to stay quiet ended up working against him?

"Hello sir I do hope you're enjoying everything up to par here at Bon Petit!" A small young male dressed in a butler attire says as he comes to check up on him. He certainly had a face of one of those asian stars.

"Always up to par here," he says with a small smile as he enjoys his parfait. He then takes out a $50 bill and holds it through both of his fingers. "Enjoy that tip. A guy with a face like that should enjoy a good off day y'know? Maybe a little dinner on me."

"Oh! Thank you erm... You flatter me too much really. I uh... really do need to get going but you're always welcome!" He says as he quickly leaves, evident that the man certainly had some red on his cheeks.

After that Hilbert looked back down at his notes. "That damn Deep Web... If I didn't have them to worry about then I might have time for dating. Alright thats it. I'm taking them down." He finishes up quickly as he leaves.

Upon exiting the parlor, he heads down the street as he enters downtown. Downtown Starlight was infamous for it's underground criminal activities. On the surface, it's known for it's tourism, casinos and it's glamour. Sort of like Las Vegas only a lot more cleaner looking and less sex going about.

Taking a few steps down, he finds that a group of hoodlums were following him. They looked to be typical Downtown sort but with the Deep Web situation, he wasn't sure which was which. So he lures them down to an alleyway where the group of both men and women take out a variety of weapons.

"Sorry but I'm off the market right now. My assets are off limits," he jokes as he puts his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Nothing personal. Just doing business is all. I really hope you understand. Puts food on the table," one of the men in front say as they take out their many weapons.

"Looks like this is it for me... Smoke Grenade!" He tosses down what seems to be a home-made concoction as smoke suddenly starts filling the area.

"I can't see!" "You idiots just start shooting!" "But we can't see!" "Imma batter up!"

As the group fire their rounds and start swinging towards where Hilbert was, the smoke soon started up to clear up. Not only was he nowhere to be seen but... the hoodlums had gotten their own teammates in the crossfire of their attacks.

Soon a net was thrown down from above as it extends towards all of them. It would stick to the ground as the hoodlums were all caught as they tried to squirm around. Hilbert, himself, would have ended up running upside a wall thanks to his powers.

"Is this a joke? Does Deep Web think that little of me? No... most likely not. A private organization like that don't seem to be some run of the mill group. Probably a test of my skill. Are they that keen on me joining or are they just toying with me? Either way that was an easy one. I'm outta here. Enjoy the cops, a little gift from me," he says to himself as he would be at the rooftop of one of the alleyway buildings. Soon he runs off as Police would arrive.

"Since I'm here.... may as well pay a visit to one of those information gatherers. Now which one to choose?"

Voting Options

1. Tycho - An information dealer who is also a bit of a junkie. His services usually include a payment of drugs so... that would be something to acquire first. Of course that sort of business is quite risky but the information is good.2. No Bark - A more silent and intimidating informant. He gets his name from the fact that he's bite and no bark. It's quite difficult to make the proper deal with him but his services don't involve anything risky.3. Mev - One of Hilbert's acquaintances. After helping him out in the past, Mev owes Hilbert a favor. While this is the easiest path to go to... his reputation and information is quite the mixed bag, or so to speak.

Fifth Vote! I sincerely apologize for the long delay in posting. School was starting to give me the exams so I really didn't have time for posting. Thankfully I found some time today and gave you this little thing.

Last edited:
Y'know, drug addicts tend to be a big deal amidst the sea of information, and this one is a simple fellow with simple prices. As long as we have a reliable way to get some of those goods (which we will have find now) I see no issue with having Tycho as our information dealer.

As much as I want Mev to be the one since they are acquaintances, I think junkies are more in-the-know about this kind of stuff.

1. Tycho.

Going by the way how names in this story work (Quill A. Bit) and their relation to some ability (porcupine), I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that Tycho is a really lucky guy. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back