• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lionscrest Academy

'Tis a normal morning at Escium, markets are starting to be filled with crowds of buyers and sellers, people are heading off to their work or school. You wake up to your usual routine, you take your breakfast, and prepare yourself for a busy day, when suddenly you find something in your mail. It was a sealed envelope addressed to your name. It was precisely folded and formed, gilded with a symbolic design that belongs to a well-known school, Lionscrest Academy. Fueled by curiosity, excitement, or whatever it is, you quickly opened the envelope, only to find a letter in it. Without any hesitation, you unfolded the letter.

Your name,

You have been scouted by one of our headhunters as one with great potential to be Sentinel. Your presence is hereby requested at the Lionscrest Academy, to prove that such information is indeed true. Should you prove to be worthy, you will be given a dormitory within the academy's premises and taken in as a regular student, free of charge.

Signed,

Headmaster Cayden Gillet

This is a roleplay inspired by the RWBY universe, but will not take place in it. It will, instead take place in an original world that I am constructing. So that means, Huntsmen and Huntresses do not exist, the Grimm creatures as well, and pretty much everything in it.

Lore-y stuff for the needy:

Escium?
The largest city in the largest continent that is still inhabitable. In it, several combat schools for upcoming Sentinels are found. Due to the current state of the world, population density here has increased dramatically.
Lionscrest Academy?
A well-known, accredited combat school, Lioncrest Academy is famous for having produced the greatest Sentinels ever existed. With state-of-the-art technology, and heavily experienced instructors, the quality of their education and training has been unparalleled for the past eight (8) years.

Many seek to train here, but only a few could pass its very difficult entrance exam. Although, there are rumors that Lionscrest Academy sends out invitations to random people.
Sentinel?
A Sentinel is an elite soldier, trained by a specific school to be the best of the best. Armed with powerful weaponry and the mysterious Fantacrite, they are a force to be reckoned with. They are respected by the people, and seen as heroes of the new age.
The Union
The Union is an alliance of the different remaining governments of the world, seeking peace and order through any means. Their authority is unquestioned. They are responsible for the discovery of the Fantacrite, and the victory of the war against the Infected.
Fantacrite?
Colorful crystals that convert the Facrux particles into a mysterious energy, granting its holder a strange power over the elements. Harvested from the Great Meteor and its landing area. It is commonly used to enhance the equipment of a Sentinel. Only a Sentinel, and certain authorities are allowed possession of these.
Facrux Particle?
A strange particle originating from the Great Meteor, and its landing area. Usually found in gases released in the said area, which now roams the world due to gases fusing with the atmosphere.

This particle affects only living organisms, slowly turning them into the Infected. A cure against such is yet to be developed.
The Infected?
Dangerous creatures morphed by the Facrux particle. From hybrid creatures to horrible monsters, the Infected varies in many shapes and sizes. The Infected possess strange abilities, such as heightened senses, increased strength, mutations etc.
The Great Meteor?
In the year 3004, a huge meteor crash to the surface of the earth. Its powerful impact sent off a strong shock wave throughout the world, disabling any existing technology, rendering the world in dark and chaos. It also made the northern and eastern regions of the world inaccessible, due to the Infected that rapidly spawned on its landing area, and spread to the said places. For some unknown reason, the meteor is still extremely hot, however, does not melt nor crumble due to its large size.

Other Lore-y Stuff:

Veria - Name of the world.

Sephune - Largest continent remaining. Located at the south.

Clomus - A continent in the upper west.

Shecis - A continent in the lower west. Neighbor to Sephune.

Lacuis - Uninhabitable largest continent. Located at the north.

Qadra - Uninhabitable continent. Located at the east.

*A co-gm is needed, for easier handling. There will be slots for both instructor and student. Questions will be entertained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant ^^ when I read your stuff it reminds me of the floating steampunk city in my rp/book I may be writing. Id definitely join this if I get the chance.

Very well, I shall start setting up the thread and smoothen the rough edges of this idea. I'll be tagging you all once it's finished, which hopefully won't be so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back