• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lincoln Academy (Shy X Ayezombie)

Shy Shadow

Zombie Slayer
Dear Student,

We are happy to hear that you will be sharing your high school years here at Lincoln Academy, all girl boarding school. You will be thought by only the best administrators, who will make sure that you, as a Lincoln student, fulfill your academic requirements and follow the school rules (witch are listed bellow). Although you are here to increase you academic requirements we do encourage our students to enjoy their time here in Lincoln with our complementary pool and game room. We welcome you to Lincoln Academy and hope that you will enjoy your time here.

Sincerely

Principle Hardmengreen

Academy Rules:

1. Must be in your assigned dorms by curfew (8:00 PM)
  2. Do not leave the Academy grounds without a staff member or permission of a staff member. The nearby woods is not included in school grounds although near the Lincoln property.
  3. If given detention, you must show up the assigned day or the student will be given an additional detention. Three detentions in one semester will lead to suspension or another penalty chosen by the administrators.
  4. Any violent behavior will lead a immediate suspension.

(Failure to comply with above mentioned rules and regulations will terminate your time here at Lincoln Academy)

f5237b9e3f2ab761a0bb24e1df434ae6.jpg
29cfb73f25d5031e2649e21fcab7943f.jpg
0da4d685b0103ab4b4ce5100c8602a72.jpg

"Thank you sir," the red head said getting off of the bus, taking her luggage along with her. She doesn't have much, a couple bags filled with mostly necessary items, and of coarse some books that she had bought before coming here. Although it wasn't a lot of luggage, it still made it difficult for her to find her room with it. slung one of the bags, the smaller one, over her right shoulder and carried the other two in her hands. She made her way inside the big building to girls chatting in the lounge, and up stairs. Sam didn't know anyone here, the only reason she even knew about the school was from the scholarship website, so she was in no big hurry to catch up with anyone, and it's Sunday so their's no class. She put down her bag for a moment to close the door and look at the little crumbled up piece of paper that she had stuffed into her pocket. Room 12, 2nd floor.

Maya sat on her bed for the year, as her stepmother made one more glance over at the whole room, pretty blatantly judging her decoration taste in her own side.

"You can leave now." She said sternly, reading over her glasses at some old book she had packed away in her trunk.

"Nyx don't make me call your father." The woman said, petting her purse heavily and nervously.

"Bite me"

The woman grunted and mumbled something about Maya under her breath before finally walking out of the room. Typing from finger nail on phone emanated of her telling Maya's father what room she was in, and how she had acted.

"Your daughter is atrocious. She's in room twelve, same as last year."

Maya stood on the wooden floorboards and made a check over, so her side wouldn't be messy when her roommate got there. Stomping about a bit, she found a creaky board. Lifting it up revealed a few more books, and a box of jewelry.

Maya replaced on book for another, and resumed her spot on her bed.

Sam picked up her bags and made her way up the stairs, the girls in the halls murmuring to each other as she walked by, they could probably tell she's new. "9....10....11" she murmured the room numbers to herself until reaching the twelve. She watched as the door opened and a tall, angry, women walked out on her telephone. The red head lightly knocked on the door before cautiously walking in to the room to find her new room mate sitting on the bed. "Hi..." she said, her voice coming out smaller then she hoped.

"Welcome to Lincoln." Maya huffed. She took off her glasses and put them on the bedside table before closing the old book onto her lap.

"Sorry if you ran into Mrs. Evil Witch out there."

Maya couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at that line. She would definitely have to use THAT one again.

"She your mom?" Sam said referring to witch, then sat her stuff on the empty bed. She watched as the girl sat down her book, at least she was paired up with someone who likes to read, maybe even as much as her, she also had to admit the girl was cute. "I'm Sam by the way." She added realizing she hadn't yet told her.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

"Sadly, yes That's a recent development though." Maya said. After spending so much time here her accent had dwindled, but as a child she spent quite a few years in turkey, and then even more in Northern Egypt. That was cause enough for a peculiar mix, even without all the words and ways of speaking picked up in between.

Standing up, Maya took three long strides to face Sam. She looked the girl down, as if giving her an assesment. Barely a moment passed before she gave the girl a cool smile, and out stretched her hand.

"I'm Maya, but some people call me Nyx. Feel free to choose whichever one you like."

"Nice to meet you Nyx," she said deciding that is what she will call her. Sam started to unpack her stuff out of her bags, putting her small pile of books on her bedside table. "Is this your first year here?" she asked, wondering if she was new like her, or maybe she was more familiar with the area an may be willing to show her where some of her classes are.

"No, definitely not." Nyx laughed a little, and sat down on one of the two desk chairs.

"Third year. I'm just excited to get back to what I was doing before hand." Nyx looked on for a moment, before reverting herself back to the conversation. "But for now, my job is to be the bug in the headmaster's ear, but still be bomb as hell in my classes. The whole mischievous student getting straight f's never really was a stereotype that seemed attractive to me. Except for the mischief."

Nyx thought for a moment on the upcoming year. Part of her felt bad for the girl she would be sharing a room with, but the other half of her was excited.

Sam wasn't sure how to feel about her roommate yet, but so far she liked her. Although Sam wasn't much of the trouble maker, she did like to keep her grades up, and she has to make sure to keep her grades up while she is here so that she can maintain her GPA and keep her scholarship."Hmmm that seems like an important job," she said smiling and sitting on her own bed, and pulling a poster out of her bag. "Do you mind if I hang this?" she asked holding up a Green Day poster with the words American Idiot printed across the top in a deep red.

"Go for it. You have just as much decoration right as i do." Nyx said, smiling at the girl's music taste. Greenday never was one of her favorites, but she could dig it. On her own side of the room, Nyx had a few prints from band concerts, some poster's promoting the tours, and the occasional poster print from various artists online.

"Where are you from?" She asked. Might as well get to know the new girl.

"San Francisco," she said, using some tape to hang up her poster, it wasn't to far from the academy, though the bus ride did make it seem that way. "What about you?" she asked sitting back down and graving some other smaller posters from her bag witch contained mostly other bands she like Beartooth, Papa Roach, and quotes from some of her favorite authors.She started to hang up the posters on her wall while waiting for the girl's answer.

((Sorry I've been MIA. Work has been absolutely killing me. I'm only working two days this week though! yay!)

Nyx though for a moment, trying to think of what place to say. Born in the US, immediately moved to the middle east, childhood in everywhere from Tibet to Turkey to Indonesia.

Was it such a wise move to tell the girl so much up front though? Perhaps just choosing a town in the US was easier. If she asked anything else, Nyx supposed she could open up to her after a while. It took her a moment to even remember where she was actually born.

"Small town outside of New York. " She said, pleased with her response. She wasn't lying, but she wasn't sure what hospital. Not that she had never been told, Nyx certainly had and she had certainly been asked. Just out of all of the places in her timeline, that was one of the least important.

(No Worries! I have work too, and my little brother has started football so lately I've been places with no free wifi. I will reply soon!)

"That's cool," she said, hanging up the last of her posters before taking her seat back down on the bed. "So how do you like it here?" she asked, half because she was curious, the other half just to hold on to the conversation, she wasn't all that great with conversations, at least not with new people, but she hoped to get to know this girl better, and knew this is the way to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back