• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Life on Pangea ((5/7 slots filled, but we welcome more players! ))

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
Hi there!

Life on Pangea is a Nation Building RP. It will involve members creating and building their Kingdom on the Continent of Pangea while the GM throws World Events both positive and negative mostly through the use and randomization of Dice mechanics. With enough players, this RP can end in a relatively short time. Yes, there is an ending.

Your Kingdoms population count will depend on your placement of ingame points, the roll of the dice, and the whim of the World Events. After a certain amount of Events the RP story should end and members can see how they did in the game.

I hope it is not too complicated but here goes. I will lay out a step by step means of joining and understand this RP

First: Select your number on the map.

Pangea_zpsb9tp4xcs.png

Second: Fill out the Character Sheet

1 Taken

2 Free

3 Taken

4 Taken

5 Free

6 Taken

7 Taken

Kingdom Name: ( Fill in )

Map Number: ( Fill in )

Population: 10000 starter

The following Below will be determined when the RP is activated. You must keep these stats up to date for the GM to reference. If you do not update your character during the times allowed, you will miss out on much.

Sectors of Growth

Fruits:

Vegetable:

Meats:

Wood:

Ore:

Wool:

Electricity:

Steam:

Coal:

Communication:

Transportation:

Police:

Intelligence Agency:

Judiciary System:

Army:

Navy:

Airforce:

Disaster Awareness:

Emergency Services:

Restoration Plans:
World Events:

There are 5 Event Phases, Peace Time Building, Landmarks , Catastrophes, Random Nature and Timeline Milestones.

Peace Time Building: Members will post about their kingdoms goals, which sectors of Growth they wish to work towards. During this phase, members can choose up to 5 sectors in which they want their kingdom to grow.

Landmarks: During the Landmarks Phase, The GM will select via Dice Roll ( 10 Dice ) which sectors of growth all kingdoms will be affected by. Each sector chosen by the GM receives 1 points. If some or all the sectors chosen by the GM match the Sectors chosen by the member during the Peace Time Building, they get 2 instead of 1.

Also during this phase, total your combined points in all sectors and multiply that number by 10. This number can now be added to your population number.

Catastrophes: During this phase the GM will roll dice according to the number of kingdoms to see which kingdoms ill be affected. He will roll 7 D10's and create the parameters of effect. Those not affected lose no population. Those that are affected lose a set number determined by the GM.

Also during a Catastrophe, via Dice Roll, the GM will layout an X number of Sectors in which you can lessen the blow of the disaster to your population. The combined number of each sector x 10 will equal the lives you are able to save.

Random Nature: Via Dice Roll, 3 Sectors of Growth will be chosen to receive 3 points, all Kingdoms Affected. Also during this time a dice roll for all Kingdoms will determine the Natural death toll. D6's, result X 100 = death toll.

Timeline Milestones:

During this phase, all kingdoms receive a 1000 person increase and 10 points with which to allocate to your Sectors of Growth. Members should also post about this growth as well as their current stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the idea but it seems it might be too complicated. But I say give it a shot

Bobisdead123 said:
Like the idea but it seems it might be too complicated. But I say give it a shot
Cool thanks for showing interest.

The member only needs to keep track of the points they receive and their population count, I am mostly counting on them to post their kingdom's growth and choices.

I should probably play as well, even though I am GM, the DICE are the real deciding factors.

Bobisdead123 said:
And btw I'll be joining
Do you think they would mind if we tested this out in the interest check section, I mean, not do an entire RP but try out just the whole series of World Events to see if the mechanics really work

[QUOTE="Shin Positron Laser]Do you think they would mind if we tested this out in the interest check section, I mean, not do an entire RP but try out just the whole series of World Events to see if the mechanics really work

[/QUOTE]
they might, I'd pm a mod

I may join. The way this works slightly confuses me, but, interested.

Bob, we seem to be getting involved in the same roleplay over and over again.

KurtH6355 said:
we are true nation builders :P

still waiting on you I'm Lords of Calradia lel

amybri18 said:
I'll join if there is any space left.
KurtH6355 said:
Thanks for joining! Glad to have some nation building vets, so they can let me know how this RP seems for them.

Well if CS's are complete I can start everyone off with a World Events post and then my own post for my CS's just to show how it should work

This looks interesting, kind of like others games I enjoy playing (Catan, Risk, Civilization, Diplomacy Risk, ect.). So, even if the rules and the way it works seems a tad complex, I'm sure that we can work through it. So, I think I might join. I haven't been on this site for months though (after creating an account, then losing the url), so you may have to bear with my learning of mechanics, but I think I can manage. Anyways, may I join?

HetalianPrincess said:
This looks interesting, kind of like others games I enjoy playing (Catan, Risk, Civilization, Diplomacy Risk, ect.). So, even if the rules and the way it works seems a tad complex, I'm sure that we can work through it. So, I think I might join. I haven't been on this site for months though (after creating an account, then losing the url), so you may have to bear with my learning of mechanics, but I think I can manage. Anyways, may I join?
You're in! Don't worry, the game mechanics are actually not that complicated, all the dice mechanics are actually done by the GM, and many times they are for the randomization of civilization growth and death tolls.

[QUOTE="Shin Positron Laser]You're in! Don't worry, the game mechanics are actually not that complicated, all the dice mechanics are actually done by the GM, and many times they are for the randomization of civilization growth and death tolls.

[/QUOTE]
So, do I just post my application here, or somewhere else? Sorry for asking so many questions, as well. As I told you, I'm still learning this site. ^_^ "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back