• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Life is Strange Roleplay (Closed)

"Am not." Max continued to decline the suggestion that she was a hippie. "Something more your style? Maybe someday, for one day." Max was fine with the casual vibe between them now, it was as if she'd never left, and they'd been best friends throughout those 5 years as well, it helped her take her mind off of all the wrong she'd done, abandoning Chloe the number one thing she regretted. But now Chloe had a step-dad? She couldn't blame Joyce, losing a husband wasn't easy, and as long as she was happy, but it was pretty obvious that Chloe despised him. "You've got a step-dad? Somethings do change." Max casually commented on, a little fearful of what would happen next, Chloe's step-dad seemed to be in a pretty bad mood, but given Chloe's response, maybe this was just the usual between the two, Max kept quiet, not wanting to cause any disturbance, she just wanted to be an idle bystander, unless of course she was brought into this "conflict" then she'd really have no choice. But Chloe seemed to be..handling it, and so Max was a little more secure in that thought.

"I don't have an anything. He just lives here. And screws shit up." Chloe had learned to keep her temper almost neutral, what with her better half Rachel warning her to keep things cool. Although, where was her girlfriend now? Not at the house to tell her off, that's where. After a few minutes of yelling through the door, Chloe gave him her version of send off and ignored whatever other disagreement he had in mind. It was 'resolved' when Chloe started to play her music again, this time lower, and he grumbled off. "Whatever. He's got some issues..." Chloe glowered at the door, relieved there hadn't been a confrontation. "Scoot, hippie." She mumbled, climbing back onto the bed and then recalling. "You know...all this talk about photographer you, and I have yet to see some expect Caulfield shots..."

"Right.." Max said, getting a good grip on understanding the.."relationship" between Chloe and her step-dad, or her nothing if you asked the taller girl. It was clear that things weren't exactly stable in the Price household, and Max hadn't even been there for that long since she last left. She kept quiet as the yelling eventually faded into angered grumbling from both parties involved, it was somewhat uncomfortable and awkward to be stuck in the middle of a conflict like that, but Max had no plans of bringing her un-comfort up. "I can tell." Max mumbled, looking back to the door, fully expecting the argument to burst out again, but it didn't, her step-dad had trailed off downstairs presumably, and Chloe seemed happier because of it. "Well, I've got some in my bag..if you want to see them?"

Chloe was lying on her back, running one distracted hand through her hair, the other playing with the hem of her shirt. She stifled a laugh at Max's apprehension. It was cute that she cared. Still, she had no idea, not like Rachel did at least. And well, she couldn't say too much against Rachel, who had made her life with David a bit more bearable on a daily basis. It helped that David was out most of the day too. She snorted at Max's soft reply."No, I just mentioned your photos to tease you, you nerd." Chloe stuck out her tongue playfully. "Of course I want to see them, Max!"

Max always did feel like a bit of a dork, or socially awkward whenever it came to being around Chloe's general vibe, the other girl being so cool, so laid back, always so relaxed whenever it came to talking with her, and that was what Max liked about Chloe, that Max didn't have to start the conversation most of the time, and seeing that smile on her friend's face always brightened up her day, it was infectious almost, and soon Max caught herself giving a light giggle at her own stupidity. "And I really want to show them to you." She smiled, grabbing her bag and unzipping it, taking out her small collection of photos that were kept safe in a small plastic bag out, and laying it on the bed, opening the bag and taking some of the photos out "I hope you like them."

Chloe had to sit up for this. She couldn't remember the last clear shots she'd seen Max take, and while she didn't doubt her old best friend had some talent, it would be great to see the update. Crawling forward cautiously so as to not disturb any of the photos lined out on the bed, Chloe carefully cradled one of the polaroids in her hands. "Woah....Max. These are pretty hardcore." She breathed, not an inch of sarcasm for once. There were a couple of sunset shots, several more that seem to glow with the warmth. Ponderous self portraits. Faded light effects through a window. All so gorgeous and delicate. Chloe got lost in them.

Max watched eagerly, even anxiously as Chloe looked down at her photos, even holding a few to see them better, it did make Max nervous to see people inspect her work, in case they thought it wasn't that good, and even if they said it was good, she still had that piece of her mind that kept nagging at her to check if they were lying or not, but she knew that she could trust Chloe's word. The reaction was much better than expected, then again that wasn't saying much since Max never expected much anyways, but it made her unbelievably happy to see just how in awe Chloe was of her photos, how lost she got in them. "You really think they're that good?" She smiled.

"Fuck yeah I do..." Chloe collected another couple, holding them close, careful not to breathe too hard on them. Swallowing, she glanced up at Max. "Well I guess I have to correct myself, Caulfield. I am in the presence of an expert." The sheepish grin returned. She didn't let go of the photos for another couple of minutes, wanting to memorize every last detail. She handed them back finally. Gifting a simple smile that hadn't been there for a while. Getting up, she gave Max's leg a quick pat, happy over many things suddenly. "I mean, there's a lot of catching up to do...but I think that's kind of achievable, right?" The stubborn Chloe Price was kicking herself right now, but she didn't care. Max was back. And she was excited, somehow.

Max didn't want to openly tell Chloe just how happy she was over her approval, in fear of making herself look stupid, but the point was put across pretty obviously by the bright joy that took hold of Max's expression. "I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert, Chloe. But thanks.." She did go just a little red at the praise, and now with Chloe's much more enthusiastic and happy attitude, Max knew that it was only time before thoughts of things to do started to enter her friend's head. "I think it's achievable." Max said, and she actually hoped it was achievable, she wanted to catch up with Chloe. There was no doubt about that.

Chloe fixed her gaze on the window. Driven by impulse, she started to open it. "Come on, Max, let's go somewhere..." She figured out of mischief. Her eyes, her glimmering eyes and speech, should have prevented Max from going. If Max knew anything about Chloe, this 'somewhere' could be anywhere. But Chloe was figuring for the good sort, and she honestly wanted to try again. Besides, the tin was making the room smell like smoke, and she was trying consideration for once. She clambered out, the way she had done to sneak out before with Rachel, and looked back at Max, who was on the bed. "I've got a place for some good shots." She added.

Max looked at Chloe as if the other girl was crazy upon first realization of her plans to "go somewhere" which in Chloe's terms could mean literally anywhere, and Max didn't exaggerate when she meant that. The familiar glint of mischief in Chloe's eyes was still the same as it was back when she was younger, somethings never did change. She really just looked at Chloe for a while, thinking about what her response would be, if she would even have the courage to do something as stupid as climbing out of a window, before she realized how long she'd been blankly staring at her friend for, shaking herself out of it and then about to speak up with her anxiousness surrounding the idea, until Chloe brought up that there was places for good shots in mind. "I--.." She stuttered out with, before sighing and nodding slowly. "Let's go then." She knew that Chloe always loved winning the thinking of things to do game anyway, and getting her own way, so it couldn't hurt to just let the other girl have her fun.

The timid side of Max Caulfield was not to be fed. Chloe knew she was making the girl cave in, from the less than innocent glass-eyed expression to the final sigh of Max as she gave up. "I'm not taking you to a drug deal, don't worry..." Chloe laughed, climbing out her window without a second thought. She had to balance pretty well on the shingles for a good few seconds before landing on her feet in the driveway, grinning with a confident huff up at Max. She had a good idea or two. Besides, she needed to get away and stop thinking about her Rachel, her less than pacified girlfriend at the moment...

(You're back! X3)

Max should've known that Chloe would get her way sooner or later. There really were somethings that just never did change, Chloe's persuasiveness was one of those things. "I never said you were.." Max said with her own light chuckle, following Chloe out of the window hesitantly, needless to say Max wasn't particularly used to doing this kind of thing. She saw Chloe expertly make her way down onto the driveway below, Max now looking down at Chloe somewhat cautiously. "So..how do I do this without killing myself." Max asked.

"Eyes don't lie, Caulfield." Chloe smirked. She held herself while staring up at Max, waiting for the girl to climb down from the slanted roof. When she faltered, her grin softened, and she shook her head. "Kind of slide downward and I'll grab you, but it's not that far." She called up best she could without David somehow hearing over the scuff of shoes on shingles. It was kind of a funny, morbid idea. Somehow dying off a few feet drop onto the driveway. Their plans of the day extinct in seconds. Try not to scare her, will you?

"You got me there.." Max murmured, her voice still full of uncertainty. But not at what Chloe was saying, but at the whole situation entirely, Max wasn't exactly the best person to do this kind of thing after all. She nodded thought at what Chloe said. "Right..slide downward.." She nodded again at this, she did trust Chloe to catch her, but the idea still frightened her. She slowly sat down and moved to the edge, before gently and cautiously moving herself off of the ledge, yet still holding onto the side of the slanted roof. "Are you ready to catch me?" She asked, hoping to god that Chloe was, and could catch her.

Chloe stepped directly under the girl, holding her arms up, bracing for all the weight the small kid could possibly hold. Can't be much more than when we were kids. But we certainly weren't climbing out of windows then...Were we? Chloe shook her head, focusing back on Max's quavering voice. It was nice, in a sincere way. She wondered if Max would honestly trust her, but there she was, dangling off the ledge. "Let go." Chloe said. She kept her arms outstretched for Max to finally drop.

Okkaayyy Max, you got this. Max thought, trying to convenience herself that she could actually do this. Yet as always, she began overthinking things and scaring herself much more than she should've been. She tried to push all that overthinking out, but it was pretty hard to, considering the position she was in. She heard Chloe telling her to let go, and Max knew she was going to hate herself for it, but she did. She let go and fell lightly from the side of the slanted roof. Hoping that Chloe was actually going to catch her.

It wasn't as organized as she'd planned. Then again, she hadn't planned much of anything. But Max sort of fell off the edge and Chloe took her hint soon enough and ended up grabbing Max by the ribs. Not firm enough to leave an imprint, but firm enough to make sure she didn't hit the ground and take whatever damage a couple-foot fall could give. "Not bad." Chloe managed, huffing lightly as she let go of Max once her feet were on the ground. Cautiously, carefully subtracting her hands from Max's sides. She felt warm.

For a brief few moments, Max was pretty worried that Chloe wasn't going to catch her, but it happened in miliseconds, and she'd been caught by Chloe. Albeit sloppily, and with a sharp, yet instantly fading pain to her ribs. Max gave a smile as Chloe complimented her on her drop. If it was even worthy of a compliment. Max patted herself off, noticing that it'd taken Chloe a few moments, longer than required, to retract her hands off of her ribs. Looking back at Chloe before asking. "So, what's your plan?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"You'll see." Chloe pretended not to notice when Max gave her a glance. That glance of undecided. She instead nodded to her truck, bumping her hand carelessly against its rusted seal and getting inside. "It's not exactly Disney, but it'll work." She murmured, rifling through through her pocket before taking out an unlit cig and plugging that into her mouth while she turned on the engine. She wanted Max to know that she had remembered a lot. Not as a guilt trip, just as an old one.

"Mmm.." Max hummed, actually really wanting to know what her friend had in store for her. It felt weird thinking of Chloe as that again, friend. It'd been so long and yet now they were both acting as if they hadn't spent a day without each other, it made Max feel comfortable, but oddly on edge at the same time. As if she could suddenly break the peace between them with one wrong comment. She tried her best to shrug the feelings off as she smiled at Chloe's murmured comment and hopped in the passenger's seat. Rolling down her window as Chloe brought out the cigarette, she wasn't one for second hand smoke needless to say. "Can't wait to see what you've got in store for me.." Max said idly, observing out the window.

Chloe watched from the corner of her eye as Max rolled down a window. Evidently she wouldn't be smoking alongside Chloe. Which was fine. Just something different. Chloe was so used to Rachel accepting the occasional cigarette in the passenger seat. Still, the paper was getting damp in her mouth as she bit it hard in concentration, steering down to the main road. She remembered taking Rachel here. How it still meant something to her girlfriend besides the wondering beauty of it. But would Max remember this place? Would Max still appreciate it? Chloe decided not to make mild conversation. She was still a bit tight with the whole weird day as it was. She spoke up only when she drove far out enough that the full of the sun was glaring at them from one side. "Might need you to close your eyes pretty soon." She suggested.

Max didn't want to seem rude by rolling down the window, of course she didn't. It was just, smoke wasn't her strong suite. She looked back over to Chloe, who was seemingly in thought about something, which reminded Max strangely enough about Chloe's girlfriend. And how they'd just have to meet up sooner or later. But for now, she had to try and figure out where Chloe was taking her, it was kind of exciting to not where she was being taken, and at the same time it was so weird to finally see the familiar streets of Arcadia Bay once again after 5 long years. She'd noticed how quiet Chloe was being, and assumed it was just due to how..naturally awkward it was between the two as they hadn't seen each other for so long. "Whatever you say then." Max obeyed, closing her eyes over gently with a childish little smile on her face as she eagerly anticipated whatever was coming next.

From what Max could probably ascertain with her eyes closed, Chloe stopped the truck a few minutes after, fighting hard to keep her snickering in check. This was going to be good. Hopefully. She still had no idea if this was the completely same Max Caulfield who could tear up over a sunset. Opening her own door and then Max's, she cautiously tried to lead the girl out of the truck without stumbling. "Here. Grab my arm." She offered, then realized that she'd have to guide Max to her arm as well, because this girl wasn't supposed to open her eyes. It was kind of endearing that Max was playing along.

Max felt the truck come to a stop soon after she'd closed her eyes. Well she'd heard it also, but that was besides the point. All she knew was that she was finally where Chloe had destined for them to go. She could hear the other girl struggling to repress her laughter, and for that Max grew a wider smile than before, it was infectious hearing Chloe's struggle to push back her laughter. Max nodded and took hold of Chloe's arm, slowly getting out of the side of the truck, she held on tightly and closely to Chloe, to make sure she didn't fall over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back