• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Life is Strange Roleplay (Closed)

God. Still super shy Max alright... "Figures. Not everything changes." Chloe managed, eyeing the school building behind Max but ultimately still focusing on her face. The wideness of her doe eyes and the pale pink in her cheeks, evidently from the details of their run-in. "I mean, it's not like you could have told me either..." Her mouth creasing in a light frown, crossing her arms so that the red and blues of her tattoo was apparent. She didn't want to drill into Max. Something about her nature warned Chloe not to go overboard with the guilt tripping. She could tell already it would get Max down. And as much as she wanted to hate her, she never could.

Max certainly wasn't good at reading people, and so the thoughts of what Chloe was feeling right now were getting to her. "Guess not." She smiled, a genuine smile, she couldn't help it, even after all these years, Chloe just had that air around her and the nostalgia that came along with it to make her smile. "I know..I'm sorry, I really am, Chloe.." She said, looking down to her shoes as she rubbed a hand up and down her arm, most likely not even fully aware that she was doing it, she was expecting to take the full brunt of Chloe's rage, but she hadn't, which was odd. She'd noticed the tattoo on Chloe's arm, and seriously hadn't expected it, Chloe seriously was different, and Max was..interested in it, she actually kind of liked Chloe's look, it suited her. "I'm really sorry.." She said again.

Even when they were kids, Chloe had had this fickle temper. Joyce had gotten doses when she'd been least expecting it, and she was sure she'd gone after William as well. The one time she'd lost it with Max was the one time that made her feel crummy as shit. Because seeing her best friend cry made her sober up for those actions. Still, managing through the years of abandonment, Chloe didn't have the heart to hurt Max the way she could. Max's apologies felt authentic. Chloe couldn't work through it when she saw the girl falter, look to the ground with every ounce of regret. "Don't do that with me. How am I supposed to be mad at you?" She murmured, shaking her head. Then, as if the currents had changed. "What are you doing right now? Before you decided to unleash your accidental dork fury on me..."

It just felt foreign to be back with Chloe again, but yet at the exact same time oddly familiar, everything was coming back to Max now, how they used to talk, play and just do everything with each other, it was as if she'd never left, but the deepening guilt in her gut always reminded her that she had left, and that she had hurt Chloe because of it, she still hadn't received any of Chloe's rage, which she was grateful for, but at the same time worried in-case she'd made Chloe hold it all inside her, which would only ever serve to hurt Chloe later on, she looked back up at Chloe as she spoke, and shook her head lightly. "Sorry, I didn't mean too." Another apology, even if it wasn't necessary, it still felt like it was. Then Chloe asked a question that was entirely unexpected, and had actually caught Max off guard. "Uhm..just going back to my dorm, why?" She'd gotten a little red, not too much at the mention of her dork fury, typical of their interactions, it did feel like old times.

Chloe heaved a sigh. Rolled her eyes. Typical of Max to need to apologize five times over, even if the interaction warranted a stopping point. It was cute, in the sad, endearing way that Max could be. Anyway... "Back to your dorm to do what, homework?" She asked, a part of her hoping she wasn't right. Kind of sad... "Wondering if you wanted to come hang out at my place. And I'd say, Caulfield, you owe me at least one trip." Guilt trip. Chloe snickered to herself. Her smirk in full bloom, she raised her eyebrows, wondering if this girl was going to accept her challenge. I dare you, Max. She kind of liked that she was still taller than her old best friend. Made the question that much more imposing.

Max had a tendency to take things the wrong way and to get a little anxious because of it, seeing Chloe rolling her eyes and hearing the sigh made her feel as if she'd done something wrong or said something that she shouldn't have. "Yeah, and other stuff, but I guess that's it." Max admitted, she didn't do much in her dorm, minus watching movies, listening to music, internet and homework. "Really?" Max asked, she wouldn't have believed it if anyone else had told her that this would happen, that Chloe, her old best friend would actually want her to come over to her house again. "I guess, sure..I'll give you that trip." She smiled, seeing Chloe's smirk and bright eyes lifted her spirits a great deal, it made her so happy to see that same excited girl once again.

"It's not like I'm inviting you to Portland, Mad Max. Don't look so shocked." Chloe couldn't help but laugh. Max, standing there in her jacket and her soft attitude, looking so forlorn and confused. So much like herself. "Don't 'I guess' me...Are you in to spend the night, girl?" She let out with another stream of joke. Chloe reached into her pocket. Miraculously, the keys were still there. "Alright. Tell me when you've made up your mind for sure..." She grinned, walking slowly off in the direction of the parking lot. Of course she'll follow. If she's anything like the old Max, she's gonna come sprinting down that path with every intention of wanting to come back. A sadness tinged that thought, but Chloe brushed it aside.

Max hadn't realized if she did in-fact look shocked or not, but she was a little embarrassed, as always at having it pointed out. "Just caught me off-guard." She said, trying to excuse her expression, Chloe's laughing didn't do much to help her red cheeks. "Uh-I..eh." Max didn't know how to actually answer that question, it was a hard one, what would she even do there with Chloe, and how would Joyce react? But before she could even give a proper answer, Chloe had already left, grinning as she did, Max instantly going into her own little panic, jogging over to Chloe, almost running to catch up to her as she nodded and said. "Yeah, yeah I will, I'll go." With a quaint little smile on her features.

What the hell is this day turning into? Pretty sure Rachel never wants to see my face again, but Max is back? "Get some of that spirit into you, hmm?" Chloe brushed some of her blue hair out of the way, figuring she could explain more of all of this later, if she wanted to. For now it was another trip. With someone new (and familiar). She strode up to the pickup, where she unlocked it, hopping inside with an indication that Max should get inside as well. She started up the car, knowing it was pretty soon after the school day ended, figuring she could drop Max back off at her dorm before it got too late. If she wants. There were options. Things she was all game for.

Today was just..something else, Max had suddenly got all the attention from the most popular kids at Blackwell, and now Chloe was back in her life. "Hopefully." Max joked, or at least tried to, with her same faint smile, but genuine still, brushing some of her hair back that had gotten a little closer to her eyes than she usually liked, she followed Chloe over to a new addition, a pickup truck, Max getting into the passenger's seat, and looking around the interior, it wasn't pretty, but it was still pretty cool for her former best friend to now have her own car. "Woah, you've got your own ride now?" She questioned, it wasn't the best, but it was still something, besides she wanted to be happy for Chloe.

Chloe focused on steering to the main road before replying, rolling down her window while she did so. She wondered if the interior had always smelled faintly of sugar and floral shampoo, but figured that was Rachel's doing. A throb of guilt basked in her stomach. She forced a grin. "That's right. Something that runs and steers and doesn't cost a shit ton." She said. "And something that can get me out of the house fast." She added with a proud tilt of the chin. She imagined that Max hadn't been to her house in, well, forever... Although nothing much had changed, besides the main functions of Chloe's room, which she would be fine with showing to Max. They were there to do some serious chilling after all. "Anyway, it's been same old here. What made you ditch Seattle? I would've thought that place was your heaven." Chloe left out the part where the two of them had made plans to visit Seattle someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max still felt a little stiff, literally as well, whilst sitting in the passenger's seat of the car that belonged to the person she'd never thought to have seen ever again, but she had, and it only felt odd that she did, but at the same time, she had been secretly hoping to get an excuse to meet Chloe again, seeing Chloe's grin made her smile, the smell of the car had also not been expected, perhaps from the old Chloe sure, but this new, rebellious one (as far as Max could tell) no. "As long as it works, I guess." Chloe's additional comment had brought out an unexpected laugh from Max though, typical of Chloe to be proud of something that others usually wouldn't be of. But now Max was interested in seeing the Price residence once again, the last time she'd been there was just after William had passed away, that brought out a new sense of guilt for Max, but she pushed it off for the time being. "That's good to know at least..and I got a scholarship for Blackwell, I get to be taught by Mark Jefferson too, who's a pretty big deal in the photography world, and it did but I don't know, things change." She smiled, she was pretty happy, well she was very happy to have gotten into Blackwell, especially with such a famous teacher, what better place to learn, and now Chloe was back with her, everything seemed to be working out well, now it was just up to Max to not screw everything up.

"A scholarship? Well damn, look at you..." Chloe said coolly. She glanced at Max with mild awe, a mix of reverence too. It was a given that Max would amount to something, but this was more than something. "I mean, I'm glad someone convinced you to come back to Arcadia Bay." The edge, again. She turned down Cedar Avenue and had to refrain from speeding, from giving Max Caulfield an even greater heart attack. She pulled into the driveway, the tires giving into the halt and the engine cutting off. Chloe sighed, rolling up the windows. The paint on the front of the housed was faded, but she figured Max could see its prime anyway. "Welcome home, Max."

"Thanks, had to work pretty hard to get it." Max said rather modestly, she didn't want anyone to believe that she'd gotten it for nothing, but at the same time she wasn't the type to brag (seriously) about anything, as a joke, sure, but it wasn't in her nature to brag. She didn't know how to reply to Chloe's well..implication, was it an implication or was it suggestive? Suggestive that Chloe was feeling abandoned and even now that it hadn't been her to attract Max back to Arcadia Bay, so she just smiled and said. "I'm glad to be back." The car pulled into the driveway of the familiar house, one side of it painted blue, the other side still to be painted, she got out of the car and took in a breath, but not out of fear or anything similar, she just had to take everything in, it was hard to believe she was here after all these years. Welcome home. Now that did bring a brighter smile to her face. "Yeah.." She murmured.

Chloe let her appreciate the whole of it. The whole of her non-spectacular house, that nonetheless held so many memories between them. She still couldn't fully believe that Max was here, where she'd imagined she'd never be again. By the look on Max's face, she didn't believe it either. Chloe wordlessly unlocked the front door and stepped into the house. Thankfully, David wasn't off from Blackwell security and Joyce wasn't home yet. Time to crash... She figured that Max would know where her room is, even if she hadn't been there in half a decade. Opening the door, Chloe realized half of the clothes piled on her bed was Rachel's, and kind of casually tried to push it into the closet, along with a couple other scraps of clothing. Satisfied with the minimal disorganization, she only straightened up a bit more, kind of out of the decency aspect. "Dipshit city." She murmured under her breath. "Max, shut the door when you get in here, please?"

The nostalgia was very present in Max's mind as she entered he house she hadn't been to in so, so long, and with the person she'd least expect to meet again, she just couldn't believe it, but at the same time, she should've expected it, Arcadia Bay was a small town after-all. She took a few moments to just look around the inside of the house and relish in all the recurring memories that had been produced in the very house she was standing in, so many good times, when they were both so young, and so adventurous, it inspired her to be like that with Chloe once again, but didn't even know if Chloe would be into that kind of dorky stuff anymore, although, considering her general behavior, she seemed to still retain many of her former self's attributes. She didn't like thinking of Chloe as someone other than who she was 5 years ago, but it was true. The two headed up to Chloe's bedroom, and that was when she saw yet another massive change, it was a definite punk styled room, even Max could tell from that, she saw Chloe push some clothing into the closet, which raised her curiosity, but not too much. "Uh, yeah, sure, of course." She smiled in reply to Chloe's request, closing the door behind her.

"Chill, Caulfield. You're allowed to come in." Chloe laughed. For some reason Max looked like she was a foreigner, and it was a little sad. Not by much. "And that's just my girlfriend's stuff." She mumbled through the paper of a cigarette which she's just placed in her mouth. It wasn't lit yet, but she was debating on where she put her lighter. Chloe reached over to her desk in a strike of memory, and got lit up. "Let's see...What do I need here..." She mused, fumbling with the pile of CDs under her bed. Most of them solid rock. Sliding a disk into the player, she left the volume in the middle for the time being, glancing back at Max. It was hard to tear your eyes away from someone you hadn't seen for far too long. "Something tells me you wouldn't normally listen to this." Eyebrows raised.

"I uh-I didn't think that I wasn't." Max said awkwardly, until she realized that Chloe was joking, feeling like a complete idiot once again, she still had to look around just to get used to the place that she'd once stopped by every single day, and then Chloe just casually dropped a somewhat large bombshell about herself. "Oh, you're..oh, right, congrats." She smiled softly with, she had no problem with Chloe's orientation, the only worry on her mind is that Chloe's girlfriend wouldn't like her, and that would only make things awkward. She watched closely as Chloe began fumbling around with some CDs, now listening as the music was finally found and turned on, it wasn't surprising that this is what Chloe now liked to listen to, but it was certainly unlike the Chloe she'd left all that time ago. "Uh no, I wouldn't, it's not my kind of music, I guess." She shrugged.

Such a dork. Chloe inhaled sharply, savoring the burn in her lungs, and smiling as a plume of smoke released from her lips. "Congrats..." She repeated, grinning. But she refrained from laughing again, as poor Max didn't look like she could take another session of that, even if it was in good humor. "Yeah, I mean, we'll see. Currently pissed at me, but I think the party will clear that up. Maybe if I work it out, you can meet her. It's funny..." She added lightly. Rachel loved that party life. And maybe I'll text her. No, I'll call. And I'll apologize. "So if this isn't your style, what is?" Chloe sprawled out on her bed, fixing her pillows and looking to Max, meaningfully, to join her. They had once done a week of sleep overs, after all. (More than once.)

It was foreign to see Chloe smoking, something Max would've never expected to see, but she was seeing it right now, and it wasn't as weird as she would've expected it to be. People laughing was always something that just put Max on edge, she didn't have the reading other people skills to know if it was about her specifically or not. "Aw, I hope it works out, is it that Vortex party?" Max asked, then adding on. "And I'd love to meet her, Chloe. What's funny?" She asked with a smile now, more comfortable strangely enough, without an explanation why, perhaps it was just it being Chloe. "Indie trash, very hipster of me, I know." She joked casually, walking over to the bed and moving up onto it, lying down next to Chloe, this was something they hadn't done in a while, and it was nice, and relaxing to do it once again. "Acoustic guitar, indie folk, you probably wouldn't be into it."

"For Vortex queens, it's just another party, Max. Rachel's got that stuff down like her drinking..." Chloe said lazily with a yawn. She was so used to describing Rachel as a Vortex celebrity, that it was old news to everyone but Max, probably. "Funny thing, she'd love to meet you as well, I'm sure." Chloe favored that thought. She cautiously took another try with the cigarette, holding it medatatively between two fingers as she stared up at the ceiling. There was a good, balanced weight to the bed once Max joined her. "Nah, probably not, hippie...But I can be persuaded." A glint of amusement lit her eyes. It was funny to hear Max call herself 'indie trash'. Like a proud streak she wouldn't have imagined in a Max of ten years old.

It quickly added up in Max's head as Chloe spoke, a Vortex queen was either one of two people, Victoria Chase or--yeah, Rachel Amber, the two girls that Max had been told about from day one. "Your girlfriend is Rachel Amber? You've done good for yourself, Chloe." She said, borderline playfully, like she used to. "I've been told she's a nice person." It definitely made Max feel a lot more secure and comfortable with knowing that Chloe's girlfriend was Rachel Amber, who was supposedly the nicest person at Blackwell, but at the same time, was close friends with Victoria Chase, the girl who just seemed to absolutely despise Max, for little to no reason. "Did you just call me a hippie?" Max asked with a light chuckle, raising a brow to Chloe. "I'll persuade you someday, you have my word."

"The Rachel Amber..." Chloe liked the effect of those words. And if Rachel wasn't so damned pissed at her right now, she might actually wonder where her girlfriend was, if not here with her. Somehow, even more rewarding was the soft taunting that Max had just poked at her. It was a reminder of what they'd been like before. "Oh, beyond nice, Max...That settles it. You've got to meet her sooner or later." It felt to compliment her girlfriend, even when she wasn't there to receive the compliments. "You bet." Chloe winked. "Get used to it. And fine, it's a deal then..." The weirdest thing about this conversation was how they started up like Max had never even left. Someone slammed a door shut downstairs. Chloe pressed the butt of her cigarette into her Oregon ashtray, sighing.

"Nice going." Max said, with a low thumbs up and the same, fond smile that had been present for a little bit now, everything was just so nostalgic, it was impossible to believe that she was actually here again, yet Max really wasn't complaining, she didn't have anywhere else to be at the moment, and with Victoria out for her head at every possible opportunity, it was much safer to be here. "She sounds like my type of person, and I can't wait to." She really couldn't, it would be nice, and interesting to see the kind of girl that her former best friend or..best friend now? Had picked up. "I'm not a hippie, Chloe." She whined lightly, shaking her head slowly, upon hearing the slamming of a door downstairs, Max looked over to the door to Chloe's bedroom, that didn't sound like a Joyce type of door shut. "Who's that?" She questioned.

"Bull. You're definitely a hippie. Maybe, you could fashion your hipster tendencies to grunge, though..." Chloe picked at the hem of Max's shirt, giggling idly at the thought. The bang from downstairs had her jolting, had her turning off the music and shaking her head. "Step douche, imperial ass of security...At your scho-" "Chloe?!" David's voice was as heavy as his footsteps. Chloe rolled her eyes mid-sentence. She shot Max a meaningful look of keep quiet as she frowned. "I expect an answer, Chloe." He's up the stairs. At the door. "I don't need to fucking answer you!" Chloe put on her best 'pissed' aura. "And an attitude change." He's outside the door. A moment of panic flashes across Chloe's face. His rule about strangers was bullshit too. Obviously, Rachel was allowed, but what would he say for Max? "I've had enough of you leaving the front door unlocked and a mess around this house..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back