• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Life is Strange Roleplay (Closed)

"Mhmm." Your eyes will be rolling for different reasons when I'm through...Man, Chloe, are you always that weird? She had to refrain from saying anything 'unsafe' around the other people on this bus, who were probably getting tired of all the young love that was being thrown their way anyway. She snorted at the latest comment. "Aw no, I was really hoping to be senseless and completely humiliated by him. Great, what a fail this whole mind game is going to be." Chloe crossed her arms, but not at all in an angry or defensive way. More like this bus had really effective air conditioning. "Sign. Obvious. Got it." She peered across Rachel towards the window, watching as the bus turned the corner around what looked like a reflective, glass wall. These scenes were much better for viewing when she wasn't driving, and didn't have to watch the road every few minutes.

Rachel stretched her neck and arms as she sat up properly in her seat, letting out a content sigh as she looked outside the window, chuckling as she heard what Chloe had to say about the hypnosis idea. "Well, I could go up after you, we can both record each other, if that makes you feel better." Rachel said, but then a rather interesting idea popped into her mind, mhm..think that could work? Worth a try. It was getting slightly cold in the bus, which was saying something since the typical Oregon sun wasn't boiling, but it was pretty hot outside, so yeah, it had some pretty good A/C, the bus obviously. Nodding as Chloe repeated the keywords of what to look out for, saying. "Yup and yup. Can't miss it, it's like a landma--oh, we'll probably drive by it then." She said, in reference to the nature of the tour that they were taking around Portland, pondering on something for a few moments. "We could always learn to do it in private, ask the guy for a demonstration in the back, so we don't have to get embarrassed in-front of a whole crowd, pay him a little more or just use the puppy dog eyes." She suggested, keen to know Chloe's answer. To be honest, embarrassing Chloe on that scale wasn't particularly her..thing, and then herself going up there, yeah, not that good either.

"Aww. You're so brave to join me." Chloe murmured, only partially with her smirk. She was quietly scanning the skyline, in the hopes of viewing that landmark that Rachel had alerted her with earlier. Sign..Can't miss it... She made the mental note and listened in on Rachel's final suggestion. "I think that is an excellent idea." She said promptly, grinning devilishly. "I wouldn't mind getting experimented on by this guy, as long as a dozen other people aren't watching me tripping over illusions." It wouldn't be a fun thought to suddenly come to her senses by a crowd laughing at her. And if anything, she did want to see if he could have an effect on her at all, or Rachel. The tour bus was making a turn down the main street they'd first come down, the driver braking exactly across the street from the agencies. It was almost the end of their tour, and it didn't even feel like two hours to Chloe.

"Anything to make it easier for you." Rachel admitted with a bright smile and a playful nudge to Chloe's arm. As long as it made Chloe feel better about doing it, she would, besides it sounded fun, and the whole idea of being hypnotized was really appealing to her for some reason, she'd never done it before and it'd be an experience, she was also curious to see if it would actually work on her, apparently it's only supposed to affect those with..what was it, high attention spans and good decision making. Well, that DOES sound like me..and those who can't are the exact opposite, mhm, who does THAT remind me of. She smirked and shook her head at the amusing thought in her head, it'd be embarrassing for the guy if it only worked on one of them, but time would tell. Noticing Chloe's grin as she spoke. Rachel replying with "Chloe, choose your words wisely." With a laugh, but then recovering from said laugh as she said. "We'll have to see it backstage then, before the show so we can keep our dignity and waste some time having fun." Rachel couldn't believe it was almost the end of their tour, it had gone by so quickly, but hey, she wasn't complaining given what the rest of their day and night was going to consist of.

The tour bus parked, the group started to exit from the back rows first, so Chloe took her cue and grabbed Rachel's hand, gesturing that they should probably leave. "Step one, done." She said, as if this had been some elaborate strategy that they were flawlessly executing down to tonight. Step two, hypnotics. "You know what I mean." The offhand innuendo had to be her subconscious following Rachel's lead, she was sure. "Besides, I want to see you become a Tumblr girl. Does he do special requests? 'Bitchy and ironic' should be enough to get that going." She suggested thoughtfully. Her girlfriend had already clarified that they'd need to get backstage before the show unraveled so that they could get performed on. Okay, that does sound slightly weird. Just as long as this said dude doesn't operate in a one-piece spandex suit, we're good. Portland was just full of surprises. Gazing down the long rows of streets, she saw it. The Portland Theatre sign being just as colorful as she would have thought. It might as well have been neon, it stood out against the pale blue of the sky and the industrial gray of the steel.

((One-piece spandex suit xD Let's hope he/she wears a suit, for their sake :P ))

Rachel noticed that Chloe had obviously spent no time in getting them both off the bus, feeling Chloe's familiarly warm hand take her own as the two got off of said bus with everyone else in an orderly line, then the word steps was thrown around, like this was all planned and not a spur of the moment thing, they were teenagers after all so it made sense for them to be unorganised in literally most things, especially when it came to vacations, chuckling as she nodded and said "I do know what you mean." And then Chloe had said to her, like what she had to said to Chloe, shaking her head with a smirk as she replied. "No amount of hypnosis could make me think I was a Tumblr girl. Plus, bitchy and ironic might make me Victoria by accident y'know, or would that be bitchy and stuck-up?" She jokingly contemplated with, Chloe's attention being brought to something that was behind Rachel, so she turned around to see, being presented with the Portland Theatre sign that stuck out from everything else in the city easily. "Well then..that simplifies everything." She said in reference to how easy it was to find the Theatre.

((I'm sorry I put that mental image in your mind. I really am. D:))

The two had just planned it this morning, and with the addition of Rachel's ideas, they were sailing off to a good start. Continuing down the street with no more need for the tour bus, their active banter resumed. "Fine." Chloe shrugged, the diabolic rush of thoughts drawing in a new wave of ideas. "Victoria Chase. Didn't think I'd be seeing her in Portland, but... Let's see how good of a hypnotist this guy is." They were half a block away, and still, Chloe was on a high today. She didn't think that a rose garden would do much to her, but maybe she was still in that mood to be spontaneous, as she slipped her arm around Rachel's waist, hiding her grin with the tilt of her head as they walked. "Certainly does." She muttered back. Talk about great timing. Backstage pass? No problem. She figured that being early before on time would give them some type of reward. Plus, kissing up to a performer's talents never hurt. The final steps to the front door allowed her to grip the handle and pull forward, a blast of powerful AC hitting her and her girlfriend before they so much as set foot in the performing arts theatre.

((It's funny as hell if anything, yet borderline creepy at the same time..I love it!))

The two began heading away from the tour bus, further and furhter down the street as they quickly approached the upcoming theatre, Rachel chuckling as she said "For our sake let's hope he/she isn't that good. Or else we'll both be exposed to some rather embarrassing things. Believe me I wouldn't prefer being Victoria for a few minutes." Her words weren't the exact truth, just a bit of friendly chat about it, she did hope he/she was good at it, or else they wouldn't be able to fully experience it, the closest to a kind of outworldly experience, when it came to the mind and stuff was probably drugs for her, but that was about it, it'd be cool to have something similar to that without the bad side-effects and aftermath. The two entered the Theatre, only to be nearly taken off their feet (Not literally) by the amount of AC air that was flowing within the building, must've been getting pretty damn hot in here. She thought as the two entered, looking around at the black shirted staff were setting up the signs for the show, the lighting and the smoke machine or some shit. It looked pretty cool, but they wanted to experience it, without being the laughing stock of an entire building, so backstage it was. "Right then, so we're in the Ice Kingdom apparently..so where is this wizard/hypnotist."

"A happy middle ground is what we're aiming towards." Chloe nodded. This didn't need to be an outrageous experience to peak her day. Mainly, it would be their little pastime before the nightclub was calling their names. And I don't need to hear Rachel acting like Victoria to see this hypnotist put her through their all. "Apparently part of the experience is give your audience hypothermia." Chloe muttered as she ran her own hands up and down each opposite arm, narrowing her eyes as the temperature made the hairs on her arms stand. She distracted herself with the whole crew that was setting up chairs and assorted props for the show. They seemed rather business like, even if they were only setting up for a few minutes. Chloe caught one of the less-active staff members off guard to ask him where 'back stage' was. Sensing that they were newcomers to the show, the guy offered a sincere smile before pointing out the door that led to the backstage. It might have had something to do with the fact that Chloe was taller than he was, or that Rachel just happened to be there, but the only precaution he gave was that the show would be starting up soon anyway.

"Sooo...we'll both be Tumblr girls and argue about what shitty anime characters are our favourites?" Rachel asked with a laugh and a brow raised, which obviously wasn't her plan, definitely not her plan, she'd rather wake up in a dumpster in San Francisco at the end of the night than do that, besides, this was the starter before the main course of their night, which did make her wonder what desert would be--oh..I think I know what desert'll be. She thought slyly, an idea springing into her head that specifically fitted that theme anyway, chuckling and nodding in agreement as Chloe spoke, saying "Who knows, maybe he's already hypnotized us into thinking it's cold but in reality, it's really fucking hot. Mind blown am I right?" Chloe then asking a staff member where the backstage entrance was, the two being granted the kindness of actually being told, although honestly, Rachel thought it was because the small guy was intimidated by the taller Chloe. Which was pretty funny if you asked her, the two heading towards and then into the area known commonly as the backstage.

"Something like that." Chloe raised her eyebrows in a daring manner. Rachel had already started scheming the motives of this hypnotist, suggesting that they were being mind fucked right as they walked across the room to the backstage door, that was probably a hall that directed itself to the currently closed stage. "If my skin is burning off right now, maybe that explains why I can't feel my fingers." She grumbled, exaggerating the temperature change completely. She wasn't even that cold anymore. On the contrary, just walking about the building made it easier to adjust. She took the door handle into consideration as she pulled on it, then realized that the hinge worked the opposite way, and pushed instead. They were indeed led down a narrow corridor that intersected the backstage area. "What if he's one of those hidden geniuses who's gonna be discovered on a show in a couple of-" She had strolled slowly onto the stage to see almost nothing in the dim lighting. "Rachel?" She asked. She wasn't scared-not completely-just immediately confused. A voice-A girl's voice sounded from the other side of the room. And it wasn't her girlfriend's. "Hello there."

((Creepy voice in the back of the room; beware D:))

The two had entered the backstage, and had immedinately noticed the change in temperature, mhm, seems the stage crew get treated to a better temperture than the audience. She couldn't help but think, and get slightly irritated at, but it wasn't a big deal. "Not a doctor, so I can't explain that one to ya." She admitted jokingly, chuckling lightly as they looked around for any real sign of the person they were supposed to be going to see, Chloe had pushed open a door that led into another corridor, to which the girls headed into, entering yet another backstage area. Rachel taking interest at what Chloe was saying until the two somehow lost each other in the now pitch black backstage. "Chloe?" She asked in reply, trying to find her by waving her arms around, but to no avail, hearing another girl's voice from somewhere else in the room, and the hairs on her skin immedinately going up, mini-red flag for her. "Uhm..hello." She said awkwardly in reply.

(Stranger danger)

It was as if someone had decided to shut the lights off, save for a couple of stray beams poking through the corner of a door. Chloe stood still for a moment, trying to discern who this third person was, before attempting to find Rachel. "Ow. Okay easy there, that was my eye." Chloe winced as she felt someone's finger poke in her in the dark as they blindly waded through the openness of the backstage. She managed to grab ahold of Rachel's wrist, and from there on, she could make out her figure dimly illuminated through the terrible light filtering. Back to figuring out who said third person is. "We're just here..For, uh, pre-demonstration kind of thing." She tried to clarify. The lights flipped on out of nowhere, Chloe winced because her eyes had only just become compatible with the dimmer setting, but was relieved to at least not see a fifty year old man hunched over next to her. Across the room, there was a girl, well probably a woman, late twenties at best, a smile plastered on her shiny face like she'd just pulled the best prank of all time. Um, no. "Sorry about that. Testing out the lights." As if it wasn't obvious. Her voice wasn't as creepy as Chloe originally thought it to be. "I'm the 'hypnotist', by the way." Oh, so it was...a girl.

Rachel couldn't help but snicker as she heard CHloe whine about her eye, but she still felt bad nonetheless and it was pretty gross to hit Chloe's eye with her finger, felt weird. "Sorry." She apologised with simply, feeling Chloe's hand wrap around her wrist, the two now managing to notice a figure ahead of them, still unknown at this point to who it was, but given how they were speaking and supposedly presenting themselves, they seemed to be someone important here, I mean..would a staff member just randomly be like this? She thought curiously, and her questions were answered, unfortunately her eyes were also massacared by the sudden influx of lighting into the room after Chloe's question, the two then being able to see that instead of some creepy, unsettling 40 year old guy in a cheesy suit, it was a rather attractive, young woman, who seemed polite and nice enough from a very first impression. Rachel smiling as she said "No problem, Rachel, and this is Chloe, my girlfriend, pleasure to meet you Ms?" Rachel was kind enough to offer introductions first, so Chloe didn't have to. Her unsettled feelings on the whole thing were quickly calmed down by how trustworthy the girl looked, she looks like a casual girl, nice enough in introductions..mhm.

((Rachel: *she looks like a casual girl* Me: Until she tries to wear you like a skin suit, miss. :P ))

Chloe shook her head, rubbing at her eye while she was still trying to make out the mentioned character in the dark. Shortly after the light jolted back on with glaring fluorescents, she heard Rachel giving her own introduction, being the quicker of the two to establish humorous connections. "Hi." She offered, being rather cautious to approach, or be approached by the girl who was probably ten years their senior, although still very enthusiastic and simply pleasant all the same. "Ms. Ward, but I go by Jessica here." The girl-sorry, woman- shrugged. She had light, almost reddish hair, and warm eyes. It was easy enough to become relaxed once Chloe could see she wasn't plotting to trap anyone backstage. Although, that does raise the question... "So, is it okay if we get the-" She was cut off as girl who now had a name-Jessica-, nodded with a sort of adult amusement. "I'm guessing you two didn't want a whole audience to enjoy the act." She fiddled around with the lights for a few more seconds before extending a hand to Rachel, who was nearest.

((Damn, talk about stranger danger))

Rachel herself gave off a warm smile to the woman, now known to her as Jessica, and had noticed that Chloe seemed rather cautious about the whole thing, she had no idea why, maybe it was because the woman had simply appeared out of no where, but she seemed to relax enough, even asking if they were allowed to get the show backstage, without any huge audiences watching them for their own enjoyment, but Jessica was one step ahead of them and was apparently completely fine with it, as she had extended her hand for Rachel to hold, to which Rachel gave a brief look at Chloe with a bright smile on her face before taking Jessica's hand, although it did make her wonder why the lighting was such a big deal apparently, at least from first observations, but she wasn''t going to dwell on it too much, in-case she missed out anything the woman said that might've been of interest to her. "So..how are we doing this?" She asked curiously.

((*Actually has no idea what a hypnotist does* halp))

Chloe didn't want to say it seemed sketchy, so she settled that maybe people frequently asked for demonstrations before the show. As Rachel raised a rather accurate question-they were just standing in the middle of the stage at this point-Jessica laughed, like it was the sheer simplicity of it that made it entertaining. "I'll get one of the chairs from the front, and then I can try my hand with you guys. Did one of you want to go first?" She had already reached across to shake Chloe's hand as well, and her grip was surprisingly firm. Before Chloe could open her mouth to speak, the hypnotist was striding across to the side door to reach a surplus of chairs that the staff had been actually setting up the entire time. "Rachel?" Chloe muttered, while Jessica left without much more to say. "Should I go first then?" She asked. Maybe it was that Jessica seemed to sure about everything that was throwing her off. Are all hypnotists like this? I thought she'd be mysterious and pull one of those watches out of nowhere.

((Let's not aim for realistic, use whatever movies and TV have told you xD *Makes it funnier*))

Rachel watched as the woman shook Chloe's hand briefly after shaking Rachel's own. Asking if one of them wanted to go first, Rachel about to volunteer herself when Chloe did it for her, shrugging as she said "If you want." Slyly bringing out her phone and turning it on as she smirked. She was hoping that this wasn't going to be one of those dull things that disappointed her, as she was obviously hoping to get this on video, not that she was gonna post it onto Facebook or anything like that, she just wanted to show Chloe when she came out of whatever trance the redheaded woman put her in, and so Rachel could watch her girlfriend's reaction to the video and get some laughs out of it. The woman had headed off to the side to get 2 chairs for them both, the second chair must be for her I guess. "So..how does this whole..hypno thing work?" Rachel asked curiously, wanting to know beforehand how'd it be done, although it was pretty pointless, considering that the woman was about to start soon anyway.

((*Awkwardly tries to remember.*))

Chloe nodded, but quickly gave Rachel a meaningful look that explained 'if this ends up on Youtube', with her eyes narrowed. Jessica had climbed back onto the stage moments later with two chairs, folding them out, one in the center of the stage and one on the side. "In case the other of you wanted to sit." She directed at no one in particular. "So, who will I be working with first?" She asked, and Chloe feebly raised her hand, a nervous energy forming in the pit of her stomach. She really didn't know what she was getting herself into. Upon hearing Rachel's comment, Jessica beamed like it was the best thing in the world. "A lot of it will be done through voice and sound technique. You just have to follow my instructions, and you should be in a leveled trance until I get you out of it." She was adjusting the chair in the center of the stage, and nodded her head towards it. Chloe sat down carefully, giving Rachel one last final look of 'help', before focusing her attention on Jessica. By this point, Jessica had turned down the setting for the lighting, so that it wasn't painfully dark, but dark enough so that the edges of the room began to fade. "I want you to empty your mind of other thoughts." The woman said in a voice so unlike her own, it sent shivers down Chloe's spine. For both the sake of entertainment and self-interest, she was attempting it, though.

Rachel pushed her hands down in a calming motion towards Chloe as she practically glared at her as the phone was brought out, miming with her mouth `It's fine.` As she opened up the camera on her phone, switching it to video as her thumb hovered over the big, red record button, Rachel looking over to Chloe as she raised her hand, well barely raised it as Jessica asked who would be going first, she looked really nervous as she sat down onto one of the chairs that Jessica had sat out on the stage, and she seemd pretty enthusiastic at answering Rachel's question at least, which only brought up more questions, but that was a typical thing for Rachel, aways just becoming more curious as her questions were answered, nodding as she tried to work out what that meant for her and Chloe, the lighting now going down again, but she could still see the two, and her phone could get an alright video, smirking devilishly as Chloe's eyes begged for some kind of help in the matter, now pressing the record button on her phone as Jessica began talking, and it gave her a rather uncanny feeling, hearing how much the woman's voice had changed in how it sounded.

(([media]

[/media]))
Lights lowered and voice making the hairs on her neck stand again, Chloe looked up into Jessica's eyes, trying to figure out of if this was scary or not. "Good. I want you to think about that door you just entered. Think about entering it again, but this time, it'll be a blank room. Think about what blank means. Anything can be blank." Jessica was standing a few feet in front of her, speaking in a slightly unsettling tone, but her confidence made it all genuine. Chloe thought hard. She thought about the first time she had walked through the backstage entrance, and recalled the dark. However, Jessica had told her to focus on a blank room instead, so she did so, her eyes glazing over while she thought of a different world. "Good." Was all Jessica said for a few moments, before she continued. "I now want you to think about your blank room. Imagine your blank room has two people in it. Two figures. You can't see their faces, on their figures. All of this is happening in your blank room." Jessica had taken a pocket watch from out of nowhere, and while Chloe trained her eyes on it, she began to gently rock it in a pendulum motion. "Follow it with only your eyes." Were her instructions, and before Chloe knew what was happening, all that her mind could focus on was the rocking motion, and the two figures in her blank room. She had completely forgotten anyone else was in the room with her, even Rachel.

((Ah..I see it all now..it all makes sense :P ))

Rachel was more interested than anything else at the moment, and the environment was rather calm, and relaxing even, she was paying attention closely to what was happening between the two in-front of her, and she had noticed that her palms were getting a little sweaty from the fact that she was going next, she's making me feel all calm and shit..and I'm not even the one she's talking too. She thought, since if she was indirectly affected Rachel, albeit not much, she couldn't imagine how she was affecting Chloe, Rachel was genuinally curious as to how it all worked, the whole imagining of the blank room and the pocket watch, Chloe seemed definitely much mroe into it now than she had been a few moments ago, and so it was obviously working on her, a little too quickly to calm Rachel's nerves, it was still unsettling her just how good this woman was at what she did. Yet she certainly wasn't going to speak up, in fear of ruining whatever was going on. This is like a documentary or some shit. Meaning she was heavily interested in it.

Soon after the pendulum effect has taken full course, Jessica was asking her questions, but they weren't meant for verbal responses. "I want you to imagine the two figures in your blank room are sinking. Slowly, fading into the walls. Until there is only blankness left. Can you do that?" She waited and watched as Chloe's eyes drooped slightly, her breath easing in and out and slowing down a great deal. She wouldn't have been able to stop the gradual conclusion, even if she hadn't been watching the pendulum. There was a quality to Jessica's voice that made everything slow down. Her eyes never straying from Chloe's, and she didn't even seem to be blinking. "Good. Imagine your blank room is slowly becoming smaller. Smaller, like I'm pressing on the outside of it and forcing it inward." The pocket watch was moving slower too. Chloe could envision it perfectly. The claustrophobic's worst nightmare, certainly. The blank room, filled with only paleness, was getting smaller. "Smaller." Jessica repeated, and now it was closing in, to the size of a hand-held box. Smaller. The size of a box that could fit in the palm of my hand. "Gone." Jessica didn't stop her pocket watch. She instead asked Chloe something, and for the life of her, it was baffling. "Do you know my name?" Jessica asked. Chloe furrowed her brow, and couldn't reply. "Do you know the name of anyone else in the room? What is your name?" What...what is my name? Fuck-what the hell-"Do you know where you are?" What the actual fuck. She couldn't respond. She couldn't reply, even as the pocket watch stopped.

Rachel would be lying if she said that beneath all her outer worry for her girlfriend there was a genuine interest in what was happening, it was just so engulfing to listen to and watch, Jessica seemed to calm and well spoken, and it was obvious to Rachel why Chloe had just gone like that, can't blame her.. Rachel positioned herself better so she could see Chloe fully, and it was pretty chilling to see her girlfriend all empty minded and such, but at the same time she couldn't help but wonder what it was like, and she was actually getting pretty hyped to experience it for herself after her girlfriend had been pulled out of whatever trance she was currently in, yet her worry had resurfaced again as Jessica began asking questions towards the quiet Chloe, Chloe not actually replying though, and she seemed irritated at that fact, Rachel now speaking up as she said. "Is she alright? Is this supposed to happen?" She did her best and succeeded to some extent in calming herself as she spoke though, despite her worry.

Where information once buzzed and cycled in her head, there was an eerie emptiness, as if the synapses there had been shut off like a circuit. Jessica didn't seem perturbed by her lack of response, however. Nodding as if this was supposed to happen. "She's fine. It's apart of the trick." She pocketed her watch and eyed Chloe carefully for a few seconds, considering if she should-and said one word before snapping he fingers. "Now?" Chloe opened her mouth to speak, and actual sound directed from her this time. "Yeah...Okay...Woah." She rubbed one hand cautiously across her face, trying to return the memory of what that confusion was, moments before. If that wasn't some type of sorcery, she wasn't sure what else qualified. "That was insane." She muttered, watching as Jessica turned back on the light for a moment, so that her mind wasn't still in the lull of things, and she stood up, still in minimum stupor after that...experience? "I'm good." She called to her girlfriend, in case Rachel wasn't calmed by the fact that she'd just lost her ability to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back