• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Vampires: No Daywalking

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Vampires

• "Once I had the rarest rose that ever dared to bloom...."

Welcome to my search for partners interested in vampire threads! I have many, many ideas, however, I am also very attached to how I depict my vampires. Think Anne Rice and Vampire: the Requiem-esque. All the details of how I like my vampires are in this thread, as are my rules, and my plots.

My specific vampire rules are below, please look over them so we can make sure we are on the same page when it comes to vampires.

The Physical

In a word, my vampires are the "undead".

My vampires cannot go out in the sunlight. It will kill them. They are also usually quite weak to fire, to damage to the heart, and to beheading. They can potentially starve to death, as well, but they can feed on animal, human, and vampire blood.

They cannot reproduce with each other, and they cannot reproduce with humans. Their only means of reproduction are by spreading their "undeath" to others. All vampires were once humans.

So why be a vampire with all these weaknesses? Time has frozen for the dead. You remain as you were before death, age-wise. You are stronger, faster, better, harder--I mean, your senses have improved, as have your reflexes, and they can potentially grow even more powerful through honing them. You are the top of the food chain.

Vampires are usually in existence, for me, since human civilizations started. There are the potential for ones older than that, but let's keep it on the human timetable. Obviously, the majority of vampires will not be that old.

Some negotiable things that I enjoy include: the idea of vampire blood is the best tasting/potentially addictive, and to toy with the idea of Amaranth (read: drinking the heart's blood and inheriting the power of the other vampire). I also enjoy the theme of the "beast" in the vampire, or a nature that the vampire inherits upon becoming a vampire that an make them become a bloodthirsty monster, a primal aspect that is a "curse" to be overcome, but that is negotiable.

I also enjoy playing with the idea that vampires can have powers beyond just being really strong. They can hypnotize. They can manipulate blood. I usually like to limit it to "one power" per vampire, but if Amaranth is in play, that can get...messy. Obviously, an ambitious vampire seeking power is going to cannibalize for it, and I'd love to play with that.

The Society

Vampires do not have a monarchy, over all of them. In some locations, some vampires may rule as Kings or Queens, but there is no overarching hierarchy that every vampire everywhere listens to.

There are, however, vampires that are renowned and generally respected (or feared) wherever they go. There is a council of elder vampires who try to maintain a few rules, and they expect other vampires everywhere to adhere to these rules. Generally, they are in place so that vampires do not destroy each other and so that they are not revealed to humanity. Other than that, the Council is rather hands-off, and mostly meet to catch up with each other, flaunt and taunt, and antagonize old rivals.

I say this to prevent people coming from me with characters that are "vampire princesses, kings, queens" and the like. I do not play with vampires that accept a monarch on a world-wide scale. Local, perhaps.

The Mental and the Emotional

Just to be clear: your vampire was once human. If they've lived a long time, do your research on the culture they were a part of, and the times that have impacted them and shaped them into who they are now. Do they cling to their past? Does feeding on humans bother them? Do they try to change and fit in?

Explore this fun and beautiful thing called immortality. Don't make them all angsty like goddamn Louis (I mean, yes, some can be, but come on!).

So please, take a look at what I have to offer!

Last edited:
Thank you! If you're interested in anything please take a glance at my rules and then hit me up!

So I'm having a really hard time reading your pairings and fandoms section because of the font.
Yet I'd love to maybe write with you.
Please message me if you feel the need, maybe we can come up with something great!!!(:

A notification just seemed fitting but suree. And no, just that section haa, my eyes are terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back