• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Life and Death {Kasime & Krampus}

Ahadi giggled along with Artin at his admission of probably getting lost. 'That would be funny,' he thought to himself, smiling, but then he could imagine how scared the other boy would be if it actually happened. Every now and then, a younger worker of the castle, and sometimes even one of the guards's kids, find their way to him or his dad, utterly lost. It never surprised him when they looked so frightened. The castle is quite grand and some of the more secluded long hallways are a little... scary.

Dismissing those tangent thoughts, he turned his gaze back on Artin. He felt a warm feeling in his chest when his brown-blue eyes landed back onto the human. 'He is doing it again.' Ahadi thought, watching as Artin ran a hand through his fine hair. He noticed that it was a nervous tick of his, something the other usually did whenever he was trying to calm down. It was adorable.

Then, realizing he was staring with now slightly flushed cheeks, he cast a brief glance to the commander of his guards, who was staring at him with a strange look on his face. It confused him to see the man looking at him like that, so he ignored it like any kid would do and started walking. Leading his friend and his guardians out of the Great Hall, the young Royal moved slowly. He didn't want to seem too eager to be leaving this room. People moved cheerfully out of the way, not really questioning why the Prince was leaving so soon. He is a boy, after all, and with a new friend, no one expected him to linger around to listen to talk of Court and other things.

Upon making it out into the castle halls, Ahadi relaxed some. He dropped his proper façade and smiled eagerly as he walked down the hall. Glancing at Artin, he wondered what the other boy was thinking. He sure knew what he, himself, was thinking about right now.

He was going to start a little mischief with his friend.

The young Prince's eager smile turned giddy. He was so enthused about today's happenings. Time to lose the guards. Turning his attention back forward as they turned a corner, he spoke out loud only to Artin, but allowing the semicircle of protectors around them to hear. "Do you want to race?" Ahadi asked, casting a sly smile at his friend, a smile that said Go along with it. "I bet we can beat my guards back to my room. Remember the way?" He asked as he gave a small nod forward, meaning in secret Start running and I will lead the way to the kitchen after we lose them.

Of course, he wasn't going to say that they were really going to the kitchen. The guards would probably follow at a jog, at best, to his room, expecting their Prince and companion to be there if they lost sight of the boys. The humorous thing was, he could already hear and see the guards adjusting the swords at their side as they prepared for a slow run to his chamber. They didn't seem like they expected another one of his Ditch The Guards: Plan B schemes. Good. 

@Krampus

[Sorry for the wait!]

Last edited by a moderator:
(Ugh I feel like a jerk ;_; I nagged you about being more active, then I ditch you. I'll have a reply by tonight)

[Hakuna matata, Comrade! Stuff happens, distractions are evil, and the world plots against us. I understand. Do not feel rushed to post tonight, if that is the case. Take your time, I can wait! ^~^ ]

(As lazy as it sounds, I'm going to have even shorter posts, as in a few short paragraphs. Perhaps it'll allow us to transition into the next age range faster, and so we can get more replies in. It's just that I'm so busy right now, and probably less motivated because we agreed this is the last leg of the current age range. I'll have fresh, lengthy replies when we switch ranges though :3)

Artin walked with Ahadi one they got going, making sure to keep up with the other boy. He tried his best to look at other things, but as usual his pretty blue gaze kept traveling to the prince. Which of course was followed by thoughts of their friendship possibilities. The farmer was then pulled to reality again when Ahadi spoke, asking if he wanted to race. Glad to have a reason to look at Ahadi, he turned, blinking once at the sly smile. Still, children understood each other's unspoken language, and he smirked a little in turn.

"Yes, I will race with you," he answered "I remember the way." His blue orbs glanced back briefly at the guards, who prepped to follow after them. Artin assumed Ahadi knew what he was doing though, so he didn't doubt. How funny, the idea of children outsmarting adults. He looked when Ahadi nodded forward a bit, and Artin smiled a bit. Then, he started a soft jog at first, then accelerated into a run. It was a pace that Ahadi could easily catch up to though, and surpass to take the lead.

(I so sowwy ;_;)

@Krampus

[Tis ok! I like your post even despite the short-ish length {I promise, do not fret}! If you want, I can go ahead and do the time switch in my post?]

Last edited by a moderator:
(If that's what you prefer, sure x3 I feel icky having short posts ;_; It makes me feel like I drive my partners away ;~;)

[I apologize for having not said anything in the past few days. Marching band and classes have been pushing a lot lately, which is really stressing and depressing me. I will try to finish my post this weekend as tomorrow and Friday I am out doing school and band. Goodnight!] 

@Krampus

[Alrighty, so, I am working on my post and will be done within the hour or so. I just wanted to make sure that you are still cool with me doing the timeskip in this post? It may be a bit weird because it will go from Ahadi giving chocolate to Artin once they sneak into the kitchen and then scene skip to Ahadi and his father fighting and then timeskip to, was it, 16 year olds?]

@Krampus

[Will do! Just wanted to make sure before I wrote that part. It shall be up soon.]

Ahadi ran up alongside Artin, matching his pace briefly as they dashed down the hallway and turned right. Then he quickened his speed to lead his friend down a few more halls before he was sure they'd lost his guards.

The young Prince walked slowly beside the other boy as they caught their breath. He stopped at two large swing doors. "This is it." Ahadi whispered and slowly pushed on one of the doors to peak inside. He knew no one would be inside working at this point, but he had to be sure. It was empty.

"We have the ballroom to ourselves, Mister Artin!" The young Royal joked cheerfully, walking inside and holding the door open for his friend. He led the other boy across the vast kitchen to one of the massive metallic doors. It was one of the chilling closets to keep certain foods cool if they are not to be kept frozen or warm. Ahadi opened the door, shivering a little as a rush of chilly air hit them, before stepping inside to the section where a crate of the delicious chocolate was settled.

The boy crouched down and lifted the lid of the crate to pull out two of the smaller squares, each about the size of a big coin. When he turned his eyes back onto Artin and his hand made contact with the other boy's hand as he handed him the treat, he did something that perhaps he shouldn't have done. A strange thing, a bad thing, some might say. It was just... gazing into those blue eyes, the happy smile of Artin as he looked back at him, the touch of his small hand... made that warm feeling in his chest unbearably overwhelming. He didn't know what the feeling was or what it meant, but, if a kid could not care about anything else in the world, in this moment, he didn't care if he was the Prince.

So, Ahadi did the thing. To him, it was a nice thing. He dropped the chocolates and grabbed both of Artin's hands gently, cautiously. His brownish optics locked onto those beautiful blue orbs just before the young Prince leaned in and kissed Artin.

---

"Dad, I want to tell you something." Ahadi told his father in an excited voice. The King had just finished tucking in his son for bed and was walking back to the door to head to his own chambers for the night. The King turned and smiled at his little boy. "What is it, son?" He asked, trying his best not to sound so utterly exhausted from the day's duties, interactions, and the birthday party.

Ahadi sat back up and smiled back at his father happily. "I think I like someone." He said. The man raised a curious eyebrow. "How do you mean?" He asked the boy. "I mean like how Miss S and Mister Jonil like each other." King Bazeel's eyes widened momentarily before he said, "Oh?" and slowly walked back over to his son's bedside. "And who might this someone be?"

"Mister Artin." Ahadi said, looking up at his father with an innocently happy expression on his face that quickly dissipated upon seeing the King's reaction.

"What?" Bazeel asked, more out of surprise than an actual question. Then he turned suddenly stern, angry almost. "No. You do not like Artin in such a way. You are friends. Friends do not like each other."

"But... Miss S and Mister Jonil were friends before they liked each other. Am I not allowed to like him more than a friend?" Ahadi asked quietly, confused as to why his father seemed angry. "No, Ahadi, you are not. What is wrong with you, saying such a thing? What makes you think this?" The King growled out, his tone clearly showing that he is greatly upset.

"Because I kissed him, Dad..." He said in barely a whisper, afraid to even admit it now. 'Why is he so mad at me?'  His dad gripped both of his shoulders tightly, painfully, and looked him dead in the eye before saying something that hurt the young Prince deeply.

"Listen to me well, Ahadi, because I will not repeat myself." He started, ignoring the fact that his son was looking up at him with confused and frightened eyes. "You are forbidden from ever touching that boy again and ever pursuing any relationship that goes beyond the boundaries of friendship. You are not to see him again until I say so, and when I do, if I do, you will be accompanied by guards that you are not to run away from. And if you so much as utter a single word of this conversation and what you have done with that boy to another soul, I promise you, you will not leave this room for years." The King said in a harsh, threatening tone.

Ahadi's eyes were watering at this point and his voice trembled as he struggled to respond. "But, Dad, I- I..." He started, but the man stopped him with a question to end the conversation. "Do I make myself clear?" The young Prince was silent for a moment, looking up at his dad in shock, but he eventually responded. "Yes, Father."

Nothing more was said between them as the King released his son and walked briskly out of the room, closing the door behind him and saying nothing to the guards standing outside.

What Ahadi didn't know was that his father didn't hate him for his feelings for another boy, he was just trying to protect him. In fact, while the young Royal cried for hours before finally falling asleep, the King locked himself in his chambers to drink himself to the point of passing out for the first time since his wife's murder.

~Timeskip~

Ahadi sighed as he gazed up at the blue, cloudless sky. It was winter now, a few months after the Prince had turned sixteen, and he was utterly lonely. He and his father hadn't been on good terms ever since that night. They rarely spoke, even more so now that the young heir was purposefully avoiding his father since his, oh, so very Sweet 16. Yeah, that feast had been just delightful.

So, here he was, lying across the path just in front of the gate, the one that horses and carriages used to enter the castle walls, on his back upon crumbling brown leaves that had fallen from the almost barren trees, ignoring the fact that he could hear two steeds approaching. He figured, why not get trampled? It's not like his father would care very much.

"Prince Ahadi!" Someone up on the top of the wall, a guard no doubt, called down to him. "Sir, it's best if you move now. Two fellows are approaching on horseback and you are blocking their path."

"Leave. Me. Alone." He replied, sick of the guards always bugging him when he just wanted to be let be. "What was that, Sir?" The guard asked, not having heard him from way up on the wall.

The Prince groaned and wrapped his arms over his eyes to block out the sun. "Leave me be!" He called up to the man, closing his eyes under his arms and listening to the horses that sounded as if they were slowing down.

[So, there you go. I hope it is good enough and made sense as it is one in the morning here. I enjoyed writing that. X3

I was thinking that Artin and his father are the ones riding the steeds to the castle? Maybe Ahadi's father had invited them for farming stuff, but also because he felt terrible? Whatever you want to do, I am cool with! ^~^

Also, I know I changed their relationship a bit by making the King forbid Ahadi to see Artin until he allowed it, so if you want me to change it so that that did not happen, I will. I just thought it would work better this way?

Let me know what you think!] 

@Krampus

It had been a long while. Long while since Artin had different company. So much had he enjoyed the time years ago, when he and Ahadi snuck off to nose around for chocolate. And, the Prince had kissed him. It actually felt quite good, even though a ten year old wouldn't know much about such things. Artin liked the touch though, the feeling, so that was that. Then, a lot took a nose dive after that day. Suddenly, Ahadi gave him the cold shoulder, and he couldn't understand why. Artin thought they were friends. That Ahadi enjoyed being around him. Haritin (who was told by King Bazeel about what happened, but he never told Artin), told him to just drop it, and find new friends. Artin didn't want new friends though. He wanted Ahadi as a friend. Eventually though, he just stopped. Stopped trying to talk with his temporary friend, stopped wanting to see him. It was quite depressing though, going back to having zero friends, except for his family. Family wasn't friends though. And from depression, it turned to dislike. Artin even retreated from his desire to join the fighting ranks, so he cut off any chance of seeing the Prince.

Still, the work on the farm gave him muscle, and the need to keep his hair a bit long. Yet, he was growing, and growing nicely.

Currently, they were on their way to the main commoning and castle, to talk with the King. Then, Haritin spoke. Artin's blue eyes looked ahead, as he did "What idiot is sitting in the path, Artin?" His son looked ahead, squinting so he could answer his blind father. Then, he paused.

"I want to leave," he grumbled.

"What? Why? And who's in the road?"

"Ahadi."

"Get over it. We're here, and we're going."

Artin snorted, then called from afar "Hey, get out of the way, you lazing log!" He rolled his eyes at the guards who glared over from the wall. When Ahadi hadn't moved by the time they got close, Artin stared down at the Royal in the road. He was so tempted to have little Debochos, who begged to come along, to jump from his spot on Artin's horse, and onto Ahadi's face. The little boy slid from the horse, and ran off to look around, attracted to the shine of the guards' armor and weapons. Artin mentally cursed. Debochos had been so close to stepping on Ahadi.

"Go get him," Haritin sighed.

"Why you let him come is foreign to me," Artin told Haritin, jumping off the mare to chase after the child, not even looking at Ahadi. The little blonde had ran over to the guards at the entrance of the wall, pawing at their weapons before Artin grabbed him, growling playfully at his little brother as Debochos squealed in surprise. Bringing him back to the mare, the little boy piggybacked Artin as he climbed back on, seriously hoping Ahadi would move by now.

"Who that?" Debochos asked, looking down at Ahadi from the horse.

"The Prince," Artin answered.

"The one you always talk mean about-"

"Shut up, you little devil!" Artin hissed softly, trying to quiet the giggling boy. After shushing Debochos, he looked to see the gates finally opening, after a word from Haritin. Yeah, Artin still talked about Ahadi even today, but it wasn't anything nice. Not anymore. Just as Artin was about to pass Ahadi, Haritin dismounted his own horse, beckoning Ahadi over to officially greet him, saying "We can walk from here." Artin grumbled before dismounting too, but he let little Debochos stay atop the mare. He felt like being somewhere else as Haritin apologized for both of his sons.

"I apologize for my sons," Haritin told Ahadi "Curiosity will be the death of Debochos, and Artin... is still sorting some things out..." He turned his toward Artin, who was trying to get Debochos to stop doing something. The little blonde's usually green eyes had turned a milky white, and he was looking at Haritin's horse, watching it pretty much prance in circles. Debochos giggled his delight, his eyes finally returning to their normal green, the other horse shaking out its mane and shifting a bit, as if it were spooked. And yes, Debochos was born a Puppetmaster.

"Finally accepted the idea that he wasn't even a late bloomer," Haritin continued as Artin tried to shield himself from an angry Debochos' little fists "I hope you've been well though?"

Artin sighed, telling Debochos to lean down so he could wrap a cloth over his eyes,  listening to his father talk. He just looked up at Debochos, watching the boy feel the cloth that gently covered his eyes with curiosity. Another person he knew that had powers instead of him. It was okay though, more or less. Artin just finally decided to accept that he wouldn't be able to stand with the other Goldhide defenders. And honestly, he preferred the peaceful, quiet work of the farm. He'd be away from it for a while though. Haritin told him that the Proving Days were pretty much staring everyone in the face. Artin did look forward to seeing the going Goldhides show off what they could offer to the army. As if reading his thoughts, Haritin asked Ahadi, himself actually beginning to herd everyone through the gates "Proving Days stare down on us. Does the King's jewel think he's ready to preen for everyone?" Of course, Ahadi would automatically be given a spot in the army, because he probably received the best training, but it was tradition for every youngling to compete.

"Stop pestering him, Father," Artin said, removing Debochos' blindfold after he calmed down. The little boy now dozed, piggybacking Artin again as he looked up at the baby blue sky. If Haritin had eyes, he would've rolled them as he said "There's a difference between asking and pestering. At least I bother with talking in general, as you should." Artin only bent his brows, turning to look ahead. He just wanted to get back home, and get back to the calming and satisfying farm work. Or sleep. Anything besides what was going on now. Still, having not seen Ahadi in a long time... And suddenly seeing him so... different. Like any aging being, Ahadi had grown (and goddammit, he was still much taller than Artin), and of course developed more mature features. Adultish, masculine, whatever you wanted to call it. If anything, Artin had developed slightly feminine looks. He had muscle of course, but he was much thinner, smaller, and not as intimidating. Then again, he had yet to receive any kind of combat or power training. 

He briefly wondered what Ahadi was thinking, when he saw Artin. Not that the farmer cared... much. Artin, Haritin and, sort of, Debochos were there on business. To speak with the King, or so Haritin had told him. King Bazeel had invited Haritin over many times before over the past years on business, but his father said that Artin was not to go. Why this time? He was a little curious, but not so much that it excited him. He probably shouldn't even be interested in the slightest though, as Haritin told him that it was to discuss what Haritin had in stock at the large farm. 

[I apologize for not saying anything. Here is my schedule for the next few days, it sucks for our rp, I am sorry ;~; :today, I hung out with a friend that I have not seen in a month. Tomorrow, I am taking care of my sick mother and then probably going to band practice if she does not need me all day. Friday, I have school and then band marches the football game. Saturday and Sunday, I will (most likely) be at a friend's house for a birthday party. Monday and Tuesday, we have school fall break, so I can post then if I do not get to in between all of this stuff going on.

Also, ^~^ your post was amazing, I loved it so much!]

@Krampus

(*becomes Kasime's secretary and clears schedule except for roleplay with Krampus* :3)

(Lol that's fine, post when you can. I have a busy week and weekend as well anyway)

[Please do not hate me for having disappeared for so long! -apologetic hugs- I know this is not the best excuse, but I have been working through some things. Family problems and personal troubles had been bringing me up and down, and it made me quit and put on hold a lot of things.
Now, though, I am feeling a lot better and will moving out to a different place to stay for a few months in just a few days.
So, I want to apologise for having gone off for so long with out a word. And, if you will it, and allow me a couple days to go over and get into the mindset of characters, I would very much like to start roleplaying with you again.
Thank you!]
Krampus Krampus

Ahadi continued to ignore the approaching horses, even when they stopped right by him. He knew no one would dare actually trample him, which made him sigh. He tensed ever so slightly when he heard and felt a thud right by his head and moved his arm off of his eyes to see what had happened.

A small child had leaped off of his mount and was now darting toward the nearby guards on the ground, curious about their shiny armour. Wondering who would allow the child to run off, the Prince looked up past the bright sun to see who was still sitting upon the steed.

"Artin?" He whispered to himself, surprised to see him after six years. However, the other boy paid him no attention and instead dismounted his horse to retrieve the child. The brief discussion between Artin and the small boy prodded at a subdued feeling in his chest, but, as he'd done for so long, Ahadi ignored it.

Turning his gaze over to Artin's father who was beckoning him, the Prince rose to his feet and dusted himself off before joining Haritin at his side. "Not to worry, they are alright. And yes, I have been quite well. I am happy it seems that you are, too," he replied and motioned to the guards to escort their horses to the stable.

As he walked alongside the man, he kept his hands clasped behind his back in relaxed formality whilst keeping his eyes anywhere but on Artin who seemed utterly disinterested in looking back at him. Ahadi wouldn't admit it to himself, since he's pushed away those feelings for years, but it hurt to know that Artin didn't want to talk to him. Didn't even look at him.

"Of course, Mister Haritin," he said, polite as ever. Smiling, he continued, "Just last month, I bested Captain Tarru in training. I do not think his old friends have let him live it down yet." Ahadi smiled wider as he recalled the shocked look on the man's face as the Prince had his sword resting beside the Captain's neck.

His smile faded as he remembered that his father was there, too, to oversee his training. While he had won the battle with the perfect technique and strategy that he had been taught and practiced day after day, his father had no praise for him nor even critique. The King had simply given him a nod and a wave of a hand for him to do it again.

"You are not pestering at all, Mister Haritin," Ahadi said, looking up kindly at the sightless man. "In fact, I indulge this conversation. It is nice to speak with someone who takes an interest in personal conversation compared to the continual silence from the halls of this castle."

"Prince Ahadi," Jonil greeted politely as he approached, nodding to Ahadi who nodded back. Then he smiled in greeting to Artin and the child before looking to Haritin. In the moment that he recognised who Haritin was, Jonil instantly straightened and stood at attention before him. "Sir, it's an honour to see you again."

Ahadi remained quiet, looking to Haritin for his reaction. He knew Jonil had served in his younger years near the end of the war, but he had no idea that the guard had possibly fought under Haritin's command. 'Small kingdom,' he thought to himself and glanced briefly at Artin, wondering what he was thinking. 'Does he hate me?'

Krampus Krampus

[If I messed anything up, just let me know! It has been so long XD I am happy to get back to it!]

(It's fine! Sorry that my post will be shorter though cause it's been a while and I need to get back into character)

Haritin smiled at the news Ahadi have, his expression happy despite the intimidating creators in his face. "I look forward to seeing you compete in the Proving Days. We'll actually be staying here until then, hopefully, mostly due to business." He glanced over at Artin, who was still holding onto Debochos. The young farmer had paused at the words. Ever since he'd known about the Goldhide soldiers, he'd wanted to join their ranks and fight with them. Now though, it was just a crushed dream. Glancing over at them, he finally looked at Ahadi.

His blue orbs studied him, taking in every feature. Though he had a look of distaste, there was something else. Very, very slight. Hurt. Artin was hurting, yet he refused to admit it. Ahadi didn't look happy to see him, just acting polite like he would any other guest. Remembering those six years ago, when they were little boys, he recalled how they had been absolutely enchanted with each other within the day they met. What would things have been like if they'd been allowed to see each other throughout those six years they hadn't been? He finally looked away from Ahadi as his father started speaking again.

"I'm glad I can relieve you of the typical castle air," Haritin said as they walked, looking straight ahead, brow arching at Jonil. Recognizing him as well, feeling the familiar tremor of the other's being, he grinned. "And what a pleasure it is to come across you again, Jonil. It's been quite a while since I've seen any veterans of the war. You seem to be doing well."

As Haritin talked to Jonil, Artin looked over at Ahadi again. A great deal of hesitation was had before he finally spoke, moving so he was walking beside him. "I see you've been doing good for yourself," he spoke drily "I bet you have tons of new friends." That was probably why he cut ties with Artin. Ahadi probably found a friend he thought was better. Perhaps his father hadn't approved of his son befriending a farmboy, and set the Prince up with another little boy from the court or one of the higher-up families. But, why not insist on seeing Artin? Had that intimate moment they shared really meant so little to Ahadi that he could just toss Artin aside at the next person that came along?

Artin grit his teeth before looking away, occupying himself with Debochos again. He had insisted on staying home with his mother and help her out while Haritin went on the trip alone, but he got booted into going anyway. Again not wanting to admit to himself, it was painful to look at Ahadi after all the years of being apart. Artin had been so happy and excited when they acknowledged each other as friends before, having not had a real friend his age before due to not having any powers.

Last edited:
[I apologise beforehand for this sucking a little bit, but I agree with you, it will take me a few to get back into Ahadi's character.]

"Yes, sir, I've been doing quite well. Slyoshcanitsok and I married after the war with the Coalskins," Jonil told the older man as he walked alongside him ahead of the Prince, Artin, and Debochos.

I've been told that your farm is doing well this season. I wish I could see it sometime, but I'm always busy up here." He said, glancing back at Ahadi and briefly wondering what had him so down before he looked back to Haritin. "How are you and the family?"

Ahadi turned his head when he realised that Artin was falling in step beside him. For a second, he was filled with the hope that his first friend might not be mad at him, that he was just waiting for the opportunity to speak to him. However, the dry tone of voice coming from him, the pain in his words obvious.

The young Prince held his tongue from speaking what was on his mind so closely to Jonil, and even Haritin. He wanted to explain so badly why he hadn't seen or spoken to the other boy since that night, but he couldn't. Instead, he turned his eyes down shamefully to the ground as they walked. "Yes," he lied, his voice expressing his own hurt when he added, "Lots of friends."

He paused before asking, "What of yourself, Mister Artin? How have you been?" He spoke politely and paused.

'If I could just pull him away and talk in private, but Father won't allow it... that must be why Jonil showed up as soon as they arrived.'

Ahadi forced a small smile as he looked back to Artin, his eyes desperately searching for any sign of anything but hurt... "That night was really nice. I had so much fun with you. I just want to thank you for being my friend for my tenth birthday." He spoke, chest tight as he hoped so hard that Artin didn't hate him because all he could see in his brown eyes was pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back