• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lichenlock Academy for Supernatural Youngsters

Nepenthe

Am I dreaming?
image.jpg

Since the birth of mankind and perhaps even before, all manners of supernatural existences have called human civilization their home. They have gone by many names: dragon, kelpie, fairy, vampire. They have been worshiped and feared, revered and hunted--and have been all but lost since the dawn of industrialization. Now, these once feared creatures are nothing more than folk tales used for the entertainment of the masses.

Yet, supernaturals do exist in the shadows, and the Arcane Republic would like to keep it that way. For centuries, this pacifist society of powerful supernaturals has governed over the magical world with an iron fist, promoting the secrecy of all things paranormal for the sake of peace. However, there is a growing movement to unveil the existence of supernaturals to mankind. Some join this movement with the goal of simply assimilating with humans, while others have more extremist ideas. Meanwhile, human-run bands of demon hunters are gaining traction, creating only a greater disparity between those who want to stay in the dark and those who wish to stand in the light.

Multiple boarding schools all around the world have been established for the education of supernatural youth in the ways of the Arcane Republic, as well as to provide a safe location for young persons to grow without fear of scrutiny. Located in the foggy Irish countryside, Lichenlock Academy is one such establishment. There is a rumor that this castle-like secondary school is built upon the resting grounds of an ancient druid that dabbled in dark magic. With the amount of unsafe rooms in the building increasing every year, perhaps there is more truth to the rumor than what meets the eye.

What will the students of Lichenlock Academy do when one of their own is killed by trespassing "demon" hunters, and what will become of this ancient land that has too many secrets for its own good?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! This is the first rp I've kinda-sorta hosted, so if I mess up please tell me!

This is a rp about a secondary boarding school solely for supernatural characters. I want to make it as open-ended as possible, so as long as you can think of a creature that follows some vague guidelines, then you can be it! Just please include details about your species' attributes in your character sheet. Also, please do not create any overpowered characters, because they're no fun.

Characters cannot be:

- Significant mythological beings (e.g. the Minotaur)
- Completely non-human (e.g. a blob of pulsating flesh)
- If you are unsure about whether your character
would be acceptable, just ask!

Only join if:

- You want to join a long-term rp
- You can post at least once every day
- You can write at least two paragraphs per entry
- You want to have fun!

Last edited:
I'd like to join, but I do have a question about the popularity rating. How does it work? Is it just how much a character is generally liked by the public?

I'd like to join, but I do have a question about the popularity rating. How does it work? Is it just how much a character is generally liked by the public?

The popularity rating is there to help other members know how their characters should react towards your's. It doesn't necessarily measure how much they are liked, because you don't have to be liked to be popular; it just measures how well-known they are for whatever reasons.

The popularity rating is there to help other members know how their characters should react towards your's. It doesn't necessarily measure how much they are liked, because you don't have to be liked to be popular; it just measures how well-known they are for whatever reasons.
Thank you!

Hello everyone! I've created a lore page containing information about various important things, including specifics about Lichenlock Academy! You can find a link in the CS thread, along with a link to the OOC.

That being said, I think we're about ready to begin rping! I will be posting the thread later today, so feel free to jump in whenever I get it up.

A wild Emmi has appeared~

Is this currently open? If so, are sirens in human form allowed? ^^;

Hey guys, I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep up with a group roleplay after all, sorry about that :closedeyesfrown:. Gonna head, but have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back