• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Liber8 [Still Open]

NUSKI

new-skee
Roleplay Type(s)
Interest Check

16d61c2c161026b08279b6a3bf3172cb.jpg

April 6th, 3000

From the surface, a body of water can look very calming and peaceful. The soothing sound of the waves and the cries of excitement from the people surfing and swimming. As you look further though, you see someone gets pulled beneath the water but the other people in the water don't seem to notice and for the ones that do, don't care. Beneath the surface, this person had been torn apart by aggressive sea creatures and the area where they had been taken had turned red but another wave covers it so no one notices.

This is the world we live in today.

From a first glance, it may look like everything is perfect and happy but that is not the case. It is corrupt, evil and dangerous. If you take a closer look, you can see the poverty, racism and abuse of power. It is disgusting and the worse part is no one is brave enough to stop it. The closest thing we got to a revolution was a terrorist group back in 2094 but that was it... they were just terrorists who thought they were doing the right thing. They were eliminated a month after they went public. Idiots. I will change it. I will. I will destroy the people who think they can control this world just because they have money or a certain position. I will make sure they know how it feels to be us. Us, who at times are not able to go to sleep with a single meal, Us who have had some of our family members killed by their so-called Peacekeepers. Those who had to suffer because of the increase in taxes or clothing, or even the food and water we need to live! It doesn't stop there. These Section Leaders... how did they even come so far? How were they able to get such a clasp on society? They control everything... and none of us bother to step up. Why? It is because they have instilled fear in us-- they know we will not fight back. For those that do, they are publicly executed. They have the audacity to call us the savage ones? We live in slumps. Leftovers. Junkyards. They even gave these places a name... Draups. You use up all your money for the rich while some of us sleep without a roof. You do not care. They do not care. They will never care. So we must show them... show them how we feel.

I will not be able to do it alone. I will find those who have suffered like me. Even if they are labeled criminals, I will have them by my side to help me fight. It is finally time to stand up to these Section Leaders. It is time, yes... to reveal myself. These malicious deeds of those with power must not continue.

I am Sheppard, the leader of Liber8. Be ready because I will show no mercy.

- Xav Sheppard of Liber8

What is this all about?
chinatownsmal1.jpg

Reading that letter above, you may or may not have an idea on what this roleplay is about.

Liber8
takes place in the year 3000, making it the last century of the 3rd millennium. It is set on planet Earth but in an alternate universe so not all things will be the same. For example, ISIS was destroyed in the year 2016 and people use swords and/or other unique weapons more than guns. Also, the world only has these countries/continents- Germany, USA, Russia, China and United Kingdoms. Imagine all those lands connected. Antartica is there as well but it won't play too much of a role in the roleplay. The roleplayers will be creating characters that have been affected by the cruel reign of one of the Section Leaders. They could even be in prison but in the beginning of the roleplay, Sheppard will recruit them on his quest to reform the world. When the characters first meet Sheppard, he will wear a mask and hide a lot about his past but as the roleplay progresses, they will learn more about the man under the mask and his true purpose behind the creation of Liber8. People can die so it is a suggestion that you create more than one character (but that is entirely up to you if you'd like to take the risk). If I get enough people to join, I will allow some to work closely for the Section Leaders. If that happens, both sides will have an equal chance of 'winning.' Liber8 will try to kill all Section Leaders and create a better world for all those who live in the Sections, but before they can do this they must prepare, find a place to settle down, take down those below the SL's first etc.. They will also be labeled as terrorists once they go public so that will make it harder for them to show the people that they are really trying to help.

Some Key Words
  • Section Leader - A SL is equivalent to a king or queen. There are six of them, one for each country (excluding Antartica).
  • Battle of Starke - The Battle of Starke is something that almost everyone on the planet knows. It's almost unbelievable how quickly it ended. It was less of a battle and more of an assassination. On the 61st USA Presidential Election (2081), Alec Starke had been elected president. Little did everyone know, he had a surprise for the world. Having people set up all over the world, Alec Starke was able to have the majority of the world leaders assassinated in the span of one year. It was only after he created the 'Section System' when he admitted to the killing. The new system does not allow voting and ignores any constitution. The next Section Leader, Mayor, Prime Minister etc. is picked among a Section Council.
  • Draup - A term used for areas which Section Leaders of city leaders (like mayors etc.) don't really care about and treat as a dump. Filled with homeless people and/or people with less money. There is the rich and poor. These areas also lack the technology that you would find in city capitals. There are very few in that 'in-between' range.
  • Peacekeeper - A new police force created by the Section Council. Quite brutal honestly, since they come directly from the military. They are usually dressed howerver they want but the Section they serve is tattooed on their tongue. Females are allowed to be Peacekeepers as well. They will carry guns, swords or any other weapon of their choice.
  • Section Council - A council which decides on matters too little for the Section Leader and too large for city leaders. They also vote upon the next Section Leader. Section Leaders do not get voted out unless they are unable to because of health or if they are not doing the job right. If the latter, they are usually killed a few days after they step down but that is kept secret from the public. There are three members of the Section Council per Section Leader. All together, they complete a full Section Council and rarely come together for a meeting.
  • Section Knight - Basically Peacekeepers that only take orders directly from their Section Leader.
  • The Wasteland - Unmarked land surrounding the five sections. Those who are able to escape outside never return. The Wasteland is known to have harsh weather conditions and 'beasts with unimaginable strength.'

When/If enough people have showed interest, I will add a link which will direct you to info on Character Sheets, Important Past Events, Important Future Events, Members of the SC, and all Section Leaders. Here are a few images to give you an idea of what the world looks like.

Future_city_19.jpg
latest
Concept_Irontown.jpg
wallhaven-338665-1.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I personally find it hilarious that Canada is still about, but not England or Ireland.
Originally, the Sections were different but I had to downsize. If there is a stronger influence, I might change it.

1 more person.

Originally, the Sections were different but I had to downsize. If there is a stronger influence, I might change it.

1 more person.
Well, Canada and Australia don't have much influence currently, but it makes sense that you'd keep the latter. Russia is a gimme as it encompasses two continents, China as well. If not the UK, Germany is also extremely important.

Edit: The U.S. would be an obvious addition as it's a huge world power and it could easily be the center of control of the Americas

Last edited:
Well, Canada and Australia don't have much influence currently, but it makes sense that you'd keep the latter. Russia is a gimme as it encompasses two continents, China as well. If not the UK, Germany is also extremely important.

Edit: The U.S. would be an obvious addition as it's a huge world power and it could easily be the center of control of the Americas
Thank you, this was helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back