• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Let's try it out guys.

Ana-Kitsune

Sage In the Making
Okay so I invented a role-play battle system. It's not technically Dice, since no Dice are actually used, but it is a standard combat system that I want to try out. Now this isn't supposed to be in place of actual role play. It's more like, role-play with the occasional battle. Within those battles a certain system is used. I need 2-5 people to make it work.

Now, since it is basically just a role-play with the addition of a combat system here's some plot for you.

A man by the name of Captain James Teed is putting a team together. He has promised riches, glory, and the fulfillment of a good deed. All that he asks in return is for you to journey with him on his mission. He seeks his former mentor, now gone mad. Having taught the Captain the secretive and mysterious black portal magic, Captain James vows to free the man of his ruined mind, through death if necessary.

There is hardly in specifications on your character, you could be almost any race you want. Just make sure I know what Character Type you are so I know what your combat ability is. Here is the basics of the combat system...

BS combat system (haha)
Battleship-like. This is not for a combat-only roleplay, Instead it is used to ADD to a roleplay by giving a battle system that is unique, simple, gets your brain working, and allows no god-molding or any such nonsense.

Encounter:
Every Missed Hit= -10 HP Damage assigned to Player.
Every Hit= -10 HP Damage assigned to Enemy.
An enemies HP decides how many squares it occupies. The battles can be made more, or less, difficult by giving hints or adding rows and columns to board as well raising HP or adding multiple enemies.
Board (most basic):
DM has all enemy information decided beforehand. DM acts as enemy, not as player character.
ROWS <-> COLUMNS^v
---a-b-c-d
1. 0-0-0-0
2. 0-0-0-0
3. 0-0-0-0
4. 0-0-0-0

Markers:
Discovered Presence= !
Discovered No Presence= N
Full Damage Assigned = X
Partial Damage Assigned = %

Character Types:
Shadow= Can reassign 1/2 damage of failed hit to another square, once per battle.
Tactician= Can discover 1/2 the total squares in one column, once per battle.
Warrior= Can deal 1/2 damage to an adjacent square of original target, once per battle.
Healer= Can heal 1/2 of full HP of ally or self, once per battle.
Magician= Can deal 1/2 damage to a total of three squares, once per battle.
So basically you can Roleplay as much as you like, just state in simple terms what is happening in brackets []

Example Battle:
Player Characters 40HP each
Shadow, Tactician, Warrior, Healer, and Magician.
Random Draw decides who is first.
[Enemy Slime Appears, 40HP]
XX
XX [square shape]
Player post example: [Use tactical skills to reveal squares 1c and 2c] "I'll check it out and see if I can pinpoint the enemy" Greyson says, turning to his team mates before rushing into battle.
DM post: Greyson sees that the slime is in the area he searched. [Discovered presence in 2c, no presence in 1c] The slime does not notice the man's approach as it writhes slowly, ingesting a fetid corpse.
---a-b-c-d
1. 0-0-N-0
2. 0-0-X-0
3. 0-0-0-0
4. 0-0-0-0
Player Post example: The Healer Clarisse casts a spell and a bolt of pure light launches at the Slime. Not accustomed to real battle, Clarisse was only hoping her training had prepared her to face the enormous slime. [attack 2c]
DM post: The bolt of light hits the slime completely unaware. It lurches to the side, its gelatinous flesh singed and dripping in sizzling pools onto the ground. It starts to turn its great body around so that the hole that is it's mouth faced the direction of it's attacker. A rotten leg still drooping from it's drooling maw.
---a-b-c-d
1. 0-0-N-0
2. 0-0-X-N
3. 0-0-0-0
4. 0-0-0-0
Player Post example: The warrior Brutus bellows and rushes the slime. He brandishes his sword, its metal blade whistling as it slashes the air. "I'll end you!" He snarls as he brings it down with full force. [attack 2d]
DM post: The slime, now facing it's assailants, recoils. It's body heaves, rippling like the surface of water. The blade crashed into the ground with all of the mighty force Brutus had given it, burying deep in the earth. A great slurping sound proceeds the slime spitting forth the remaining rotten flesh of the limb at the man, hitting him squarely in the face. [miss -10 HP to Brutus]
---a-b-c-d
1. 0-0-N-0
2. 0-0-X-N
3. 0-0-0-0
4. 0-0-0-0
And it would basically continue like so. You should at this point be able to determine where the enemy is based on the shape given [four in a square] and the squares discovered so far. Each player would post their move, followed by a DM post which will include the graph. And yes, you WILL get hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back