• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Let's Start A Band! (A Muffins and Rika Production!)

Rika

It all started with a dream. Strangers under the stage lights. And Sachiko on the left, playing keyboard to a hardcore rock song! This resulted in her ending up on the floor. Nonetheless, that was what she was searching for, something to occupy her after school. It was torture being surrounded by her family sometimes, especially her older sisters, who constantly teased her. No. She would do this. She could do this. A couple of days later, she sat in her desk at school next to her hard-working friend, Jiro. Sachiko frowned, crossing her arms.

".. And that's why I want to make a band! And-- And you should be in it too! I mean, you're reaaaally good at playing bass! And all bands need a bass, Jiro-san, they do! I mean, you don't have anything to do after school, do you?" Other than study, but Sachiko was completely alien to that word. "Come on! For me~?" The girl batted her eyelashes, smiling widely.

Jiro Kagome was sitting at his desk, staring absent-mindedly at the chalkboard a few yards in front of him. It read several complicated math problems that he would rather not complete. While he was extremely smart, and wanted to be the best, that did not mean he found it enjoyable.

He was taken away from his dazed state by his good friend, Sachiko.

"A-A band?" he asked, "but there's only two of us. We'd need more people, right?" he said, biting his eraser, taping his left index finger on his sheet of notebook paper.

"Uhh. Yeah! And that's where you come in!" Sachiko paid no attention to the board Jiro stared at. And even if she did, it would look like Chinese calligraphy to her. The girl tapped fingers on her desk, and grinned. "I mean, you must know someone who can play an instrument, right?" Sachiko knew some people who could, but it was something boring and stupid like clarinet or bassoon. And cool bands didn't have a clarinet and bassoon. She sighed.

"We need at least four members in our group, but I wouldn't mind more of course! I can handle the keyboard and you can handle the bass, so all we need is a guitarist-vocalist and a percussionist." She grinned. "Though, I dunno if we could find the two at our school." Because, as far as Sachiko was concerned, school was boring.

The girl stared down at the paper Jiro was taped to, and frowned. "I'll make some flyers. I know a girl who is pretty artistic with those." She looked over at the pallor of Jiro's face. "But you'll join, right? Riiiight?!"

Jiro sighed. Sometimes Sachi's sharp contrast in personality to his was quite annoying, "Alright, fine, I'll join the band." he said, sighing and rolling his eyes, but he had a slight smile.

"I know a guy named Hideaki. He can play keyboard, but it might be a bit hard to convince him to join us," he said, scribbling down an answer to one of the problems.

Sachiko grinned widely and crossed her arms. "Sweet! I totally knew you would go for it!" Not really. Because, on her part, it took a lot of convincing. The girl raised an eyebrow, and leaned on her arm, watching Jiro scribble. "Hideaki, huh? Why would it be hard to convince? We're, like, the coolest people ever! Don't'cha think so?" Sachi smiled. "We could always bribe him! Though, I don't know with what."

"Hideaki's a bit of a recluse. He doesn't really like being diverted from his video games," he said. His nose wrinkled a bit in disgust as Sachiko called them the coolest, "we maybe be cool, Sachi-chan, but we are definitely not the coolest." he said. Although, she was right. They could bribe him, and he would probably join. He just didn't know what to bribe him with.

"Video games, huh?" Sachiko had never really played them, but.. "My uncle owns a video game shop-- one in Tokyo, a really big one. Maybe for every practice he attends, we could give him a video game?" She was smart when she wanted to be. The girl crossed her arms. "Does he sing too? We should get a singer!" Sachiko knew that a recluse person wouldn't sing-- nor would Jiro. And Sachiko couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. She sighed.

"That's a good idea. I never liked your uncle, though," Jiro said, looking straight at Sachi, "he always seemed like a sleaze." Jiro then thought about a singer. He didn't know any girls, or guys for that matter, that were any good at singing. He bit the fingernail on his thumb while thinking.

"Well, Hideaki can't sing. Maybe we could ask on that flyer for a singer," Jiro suggested.

Sachiko sighed and nodded in agreement. "Eh, yeah, but he's wealthy, so we're nice to him," She chuckled. With her dad being chief-of-police, there was no way any member of her family would dare get a criminal record. He might have been a sleaze, but he didn't go as far as people thought he would. Sachiko cleared her throat. "Well, we'll find one, I guess. There has to be someone who can sing in this stupid school." She sighed, shutting her eyes in thought.

"Maybe they'd sign up if I made advertisements.." She grinned.

Jiro chuckled as Sachiko explained the situation with her father and uncle, "You're right. There's gotta be at least one person, right?" he pondered, rubbing his chin.

"You can make stuff in Photoshop, right?" he asked her, thinking about a poster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back