• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Let's Make a Band!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

tumblr_inline_o4gubnMZAs1tae3h3_250.gif

png+heart.png

Janette Groves

Janette got up swiftly as the sound of her alarm yanked her out of her dream. She didn't really care, though, because to day was the big big day. She left notes in... one, two... about twenty people's lockers. She didn't actually have any friends, so this was a big leap of faith for her. She ate a normal boiled egg and strawberry jam toast for breakfast, and then waved her mom and dad goodbye. She then drove her newly acquired BMW X1 to school and went around back to check the bucket.

Once Janette had counted all of the return notes, she smiled from ear to ear and did a little jump. Three whole members, none of which she knew. Then again, she didn't know anyone. She then tracked down the three responders and slipped another note into their lockers. The note read this
"Hey! This is me, Alexia. Actually, that's my middle name. My real name is Janette. So, you're ready to start a band? Cool! I convinced the school to let me use the auditorium at 7:00PM to 8:00PM on Wednesdays! So... meet me there tonight, and we can get to know each other! :^3."
The day passed by as normal, nothing too interesting during class or lunch, just the usual doing work and being socially inactive. At 5:30 she left to go eat at the local Taco Bell, and then made her way back to the school and began to set up in the auditorium at 6:30. Then, she waited..

Code by JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

BLAKE MOORE

ezgif-com-resize-gif.403978
mentions: AbsurdNerd AbsurdNerd
Blake wasn't sure what he had expected from a girl who set out notes into random lockers, I mean, it wasn't like she knew him. Alexia, or well, Janette, he'd gotten a note about a band from her in his locker. He had just moved to that school, having not made any moves to make any friends, and nothing vise versa, one could imagine his utter shock when he got a written message in his locker about a band, and an invitation towards it. The message was poorly written, with horrific barely understood hand writing and a less than acceptable level of grammar. It reminded him of the messages he'd make with the boys back in Memphis, where they'd imagine themselves as spies or secret agents. But that was acceptable, they were children, this girl had to be at least a Freshman right? Against his better judgement, he returned the note, and waited for a possible reply back. Now imagine his shock, when he found another note in his locker that specified a meeting point?! "Hey! This is me, Alexia. Actually, that's my middle name. My real name is Janette. So, you're ready to start a band? Cool! I convinced the school to let me use the auditorium at 7:00PM to 8:00PM on Wednesdays! So... meet me there tonight, and we can get to know each other! :^3." At least, that's what the note said. Happily, the grammar was better than the former note, but, what was that at the end? A text emoticon? But, she wasn't texting, she wrote it. He'd already gotten a sort of idea from what kind of person she was, but, he wanted to secure who she was, before he met her. He had never shown nor told her his locker number, she only knew his name, and what he would be doing in the band. She couldn't have asked around for him, he had barely been in the school for a week so no one knew who he was. So . . . Well, he didn't want to think of how she found his locker number, if he did he might convince himself not to join.

So, why Blake, is what you;re probably asking right? Why go if you have so much doubt? Well . . . He wanted to sing. He wasn't able to be in chorus do to some weird schedule mishap, and the same for orchestra, so he had nowhere to practice. And . . . weird and sad as it may be, he . . . . needed friends. He would never, ever, ever admit it in person, he'd rather die before he admit something like that to anyone, but he did. His mother was worried for him at this point, always being so alone. And it wasn't like he was pure, no, he'd made mistakes in the past. He had enemies, people that wish him harm, he couldn't constantly be watching his back. He needed friends and allies to help him . . . "adjust" to this new lifestyle. Not to mention, the cold dark feeling of loneliness crept into his subconscious every second he stayed without company. He could deny it all he wanted, but being around people actually calmed his nerves. So why not join this band? Helping his undying feeling of loneliness shine with light and give him a reason to practice, killing two birds with one stone.

When school ended, he changed and went out onto the football field, where he'd run laps around the long plain of elongated fake grass and turf. He'd sometimes glance at the teams on the field, the football team getting ready, the cheerleaders stretching, and his personal favorite, the bystanders. The groups of guys and girls who instead of engaging in actual physical activity, watched the teams do their share of work. Mostly full of guys, of which intently stared at the Cheerleaders with perverted and distasteful eyes. He couldn't blame them, the Cheerleaders were attractive, but to just sit there and stare? It seemed counter-intuitive, and pretty redundant. He stopped his running and exercise around 6 o'clock, taking a quick shower and changing into something more appropriate. A long sleeved white V-Neck sweater, black jeans with a silver chain connected to it's side, a watch on his wrist, ear rings in his ears, a silver chain with a cross pendant around his neck, and a pair of brown boots on his feet. Also . . . a pocket knife. Yes, it was illegal, and yes he knew the dangers of carrying something like that casually, but old habits die hard. And he knew better than to go somewhere with someone he didn't know with nothing to protect himself. He'd only use it if things got hairy, and he'd never show it unless he had to.

Blake entered the Auditorium at 6:45, 15 minutes before the intended time. Why? Because early was on time, and on time was late. He met the figure of a girl, white toned skin. Long flowing blonde hair, with a few streaks of brown, and a hat on her head. She held this strange ridiculous smile that made him instantly know, she was the girl. Why? Because only someone so happy go would write like that and be in highschool. If he had to guess her age . . . She seemed around his age, maybe a year younger? No, that posture . . . Could she be older? No way to truly tell, not from a distance. He dropped his things at the double doors, and walked towards her. "You know," he said, hands in his pockets. "It's really unconventional to meet like that, random notes in lockers. Calling us weird locker snoopers, if I didn't know any better I'd turn around and call you possibly dangerous." He stopped in front of her, and brought an arm out. "Blake Moore, I'm the one who signed their paper with the drawing of Goku, Naruto, and Luffy. Not that you'd know them . . . Well, I'm the one with the weird drawings."
coding by cych

Alexis ❝Alyosha❞ Bluhm
/////sweets dreams are made of these.
[class=2]
background-color:#625C6D;
padding: 14px;
Height: 10px;
Width: 100px;
margin-left: 40px;
transition-duration: 0.9s;
z-index:-1;
color:transparent;
margin-top:2px;
font-family: 'Montserrat', Arial;
letter-spacing:1.2px;
[/class]
[class name=2 state=hover]
margin-left: 120px;
color:#ffffff;
width:200px;
[/class]
[class=contentbox]
margin-left: 100px;
margin-top: -30px;
height:480px;
width:150px;
padding: 15px;
color:#625C6D;
text-align:justify;
Font-size:13px;
overflow-y:scroll;
[/class][div class=2]// SEVENTEEN[/div] [div class=2]//GENDERFLUID[/div][div class=2]//DRUMMER[/div]

Someone say something, someone say something, someone say something. Torture, this was just pure torture. Pretending to sit idle by, ignoring the not at all intimidating glare of the principal as he would shift it between them and the other person in the room, silence had long sank in, as if making time pass by very slowly, even more so than Alexis would associate with class time overall. Unless, you know, the subject was interesting. It was as if the man already knew how to get under their skin by now. Couldn't be it, though, this was just the second time they'd gotten into trouble. This year, that is, but that was besides the point, being a transfer student and all. But come now, it really was not that difficult of coming up with a punishment, just give them detention. ....No, wait, that band thing is today. With all this exciting chain of events that lead them to the principal's office, they had nearly forgotten that amusing note they found on their locker this morning.

Mood considerably worsened, they'd slip a frustrating, low groan, drawing the attention of the adult in the room, as well as the girl sitting next to them. ❝Mr. Bluhm, are you growing impatient with my assessent of this situation?❞ Oh boy, here we go. ❝No, sir. Sorry. It's just I have an appointment coming up soon.❞ Well, maybe you should've thought of that before you got into this mess. ❝Well, perhaps you should have taken that into account before attacking your classmate.❞ Eh, close enough. ❝Sir, she was the one who attacked me, if you recall that.❞ ❝Verbally attacking your classmate.❞ ❝Oh, so she gets to do it but I don't?❞Mr. Bluhm.❞ ❝Sorry.❞ It was best to not fuel the fire if they ever wanted to get out of this. Annabeth had the right idea, but they could see her fidgeting nerviously, trying to hold back venomous words back at them and the principal. It was in her nature, after all. ❝Listen, both of you.❞ He paused, letting out a sigh. ❝I understand the cause of this incident is a...delicate one for you, Mr. Bluhm. Especially given your background. You have every reason to be offended by what Ms. Jenkin's comments. But that does not give you the right to escalate it to this point. As much as it pains me to say this...I'm tempted to believe if you do not shape up, this will become a recurring matter for you and myself.❞ Alexis looked at him with a serene stare of his own, nodding their head firmly as if to reassure him that the warning was loud and clear. They were allowed to leave the room at last, leaving Annabeth to face the principal on her own. A lecture prey to fall on deaf ear, surely.

Same old, same old, it was best to just shrug it off and get to what truly mattered. To say they were not remotely curious as to find out more about this band leader would be an outright lie. Unique writing, sharing pratically a name in common, it was all enough to almost top the very reason for this meeting to happen. Almost, of course, nothing could ever top music within Alexis's heart. Just like their family. And Siggi. Before they could list off more and ruining the statement entirely, they picked up the pace, recalling the time they were supposed to gather with everyone else involved. Soon, the frown across their face would dissipate at the sheer prospect of possibly finding other people who shared their passion. Even if they could not pass an audition, if they could at least strike up a conversation or even bond over this interest was enough. Alexis was not exactly an anti-social person, far from it, having more than a handful of friends already, plus those in their old school and so forth. But actual musicians or music enthusiasts was a whole other reality for them. Janette's message had ignited a flame they'd found long gone after their father had closed the club a few years back. They had kept up with practicing the instruments they had learned over their youth, sure, but to express oneself through an outlet was altogether different from not allowing your love for something die.

It was just around two to three minutes after Blake's arrival that Alexis had showed up by the door to the auditorium, catching their breath for a bit before stepping inside without making a fuss out of running like hell to get to it on time. First impressions were key, one of their many mottos throughout their seventeen years of existence, although previous encounters did not exactly shed a positive light to that statement. Close to interrupting Blake's introduction, Alexis was quick to close the distance between the two very attractive individuals in the room and themself, projecting their voice out of habit. ❝Please, please, tell me I'm not late ...oh wait, I can just check my phone and ah! Nope, not at all, awesome. Uh, hi!❞ Putting the device back into their pocket, they'd take advantage of Blake's outstretched to give his hand a soft shake. Before realizing it wasn't for them but for Janette. Of course. Giving both an awkward but all the while bright smile, accompanied by a nervous chuckle, they'd mouth an apology before letting the two exchange pleasantries before handling their own, giving for now a wink and a wave towards Janette. Wait, or was it Alexia, they thought as they took a mental note to ask afterwards.

code by @sadvalentine

juno rhodes
mood: excited
interacting with: . . .

"I can admire her persistence," Juno muttered to herself as she pulled yet another note out of her locker. A small smile made it's way to her face as she grabbed the rest of her needed contents from her locker and slammed it shut. She slipped the note in one of her binders and made her way off to her first class.

The whole day Juno's mind was clouded with thoughts of the event she intended to attend later on today. She would sneak glances at the note whenever she could; she nearly got in trouble for it during 3rd period. To say Juno was excited for this "band" was an understatement, she was completely animated! When she got that first note the other day she knew for a fact that she had to participate. Juno is a performer, any chance to show off her talent was more than enough for her. All day she counted the seconds on the clock and would walk with a peep in her step. A cheery attitude was not much of a change for Juno but in a way this was something more than that. You can imagine her utter disappointment when her teacher called her to stay after class when the final bell rung. Apparently she needed to talk to her about upcoming grades or some nonsense. Juno didn't really pay much attention to what was being said to her. She would answer with an absent-minded "uh huh" or "yes ma'am" every once in a while, but that was about it. She couldn't speed out of there fast enough when she was permitted to do so. She made her way to the school's parking lot and to her car where her brother was leaning against.

The two shared the car and as of right now Juno had the keys because she drove today. "Took you long enough," her brother joked as she chucked the pair of keys at him. "Shut up Juda," she retorted back in the same playful tone as her brother, a smirk on her face. "Don't forget to pick me up later or I'll ring your neck," she said, a smirk on her face. Juda rolled his eyes and waved her off as he got into the car. Before she could watch him drive away Juno spun on her heels and started back to the school building. Checking her phone she noticed that she had quite a bit of time before she had to go to the auditorium, so she decided to head to the gym to sit in the bleachers while the basketball players practiced.

Luckily for Juno she is a maladaptive daydreamer so she didn't have to sit through all of that - boring - basketball. She just popped her headphones in and let her mind run wild. Unfortunately for Juno she got too engrossed in her thoughts and didn't snap out of it until it was 6:57. She looked at her phone and panicked as she sprung up from the bleachers and out of the gym. As much as she wanted to run she could only manage a speed walk without any teacher that was still in the school at the time yelling at her. Juno made her way to the auditorium as fast as she could and stood outside of the double doors. WIth a quick fix of her hair and a glance at the time (7:01- she was just in time!) she calmed herself and let the excitement from earlier fill her chest. Once calmed a bit she grinned and open the door to the exit. A group of three stood on the far side of the room, two girls and a boy in fact. Juno dropped her stuff into a seat and cheerfully made her way over to the group. "Hello friends!" She made herself known, her tone full of emotion. "The name's Juno, Juno Rhodes," she introduced once she entered the circle.
code// just-peachy

Janette Groves

Janette had been sitting in the auditorium for about ten minutes when the first person arrived. He was sort of a big guy, pretty athletic. She thought. She didn't really expect anyone like that to show interest in the band, but hey, what does it matter? Upon his arrival she ran... moreso skipped over towards him, and gracefully reached around for a half-hug half-pat on the back. She then kept backwards and clapped her hands
"Hello! My name's Jannette. Wait, you already knew that. Oh! Silly me. Have a seat, and... where's your instrument? Vocalist I assume? Awesome! You must be Blake."
she made small talk with him for a bit, talking about music and what sort of genre the band would be, and then the next person showed up...
They seemed pretty attractive to Janette, but she pushed those thoughts aside and decided to just be friendly and save that for later.
She skipped up to them and then did the same awkward hug-thing, seeing as that worked on the last one.

"Yes, hello! You just be Alexa! So, first off, just to clarify, do you go by any specific pronoun or does 'they/them' suffice?"
Janette had a sort of intuition that no one else had... the sort of intuition where you shadily bribe the friends of certain people for their locker number and name...
Mhm... that intuition.
Janette then showed them to the seat next to Blake, and once again made small talk.
It seemed like forever before the next one arrived

"Juno! Hi! You're the last responder! I think... there was another note stuck in the ground covered with mud that I didn't touch... so, who knows! Now that everyone's here, I've got a few things to go over before we start brainstorming. It's almost summer so I got my lovely father to find us a nice vacation suite with it's own recording studio! Okay, maybe I'm a little spoiled, but that's besides the point. For now we'll he using the auditorium to practice and just hang out. We need to think of a name, and then we get to know each other. I've got a little ice breaker prepared if you guys want, but I don't know.
I'm not really good at socializing, anyways."

The last statement was an understatement. Janette's hand was shaking the whole time she made the stiff-sounding pre written speech, and she wasn't sure I felt she greeted everyone properly. Regardless, she hid it quite well.

BLAKE MOORE

It instantly became clear, to Blake, that he'd made a grave mistake . . . This girl has absolutely no idea what she was doing. Her body was practically shaking, and she seemed to have a confused glint in her eye. He kept his eyes on her the entire time, and did what he did with every person he met. When she engaged in small-talk, he was mostly silent, mostly because he was bad at it as well, and she seemed to be trying to force it waaay too much. The second person arrived, and they shook hands, and he almost hesitated when he saw her, er, him? He was never good with people like that, those who didn't fall under what they were born as. He knew it was a bad trait, but he was raised in a community that not only looked down upon them, but killed them. Practically hunted them like dogs, he'd never join in when they did that, but he learned quickly he couldn't stop it either. Unless he wanted to risk the life of himself and his mother. So it was an understatement to say he didn't see people like her-him- them much. He didn't think it was right either however, hunting and killing them, he had enough sense to know, even then, that it was practically the same as what the oppressors did to the oppressed, hunted and killed them, enslaved them. It made no sense to him, how when knowing that, people of color, his color, would turn around and do the same to anyone else. Dumb as all shits . . . But he wasn't weird around him-her- dammit them, he was the same as he was to the so called creator of the Band. Silent and distant. They say old habits die hard and in his case it's all too true. The only white people he'd ever met always looked at him with such disdain and anger, that he'd become desensitized to it. Because of where ity, was born, or his Ethnicity, he didn't know anymore, he'd grown to not exactly trust white people. He didn't know if they were trustworthy or not, but he was practically subconsciously cutting them off from him. Maybe the walls he'd placed around himself would weaken with time . . . He knew how wrong and counter-intuitive it was for him to think they were like that just because of their skin color, he knew he had to change.

It wasn't until the fourth member arrive, did he pull himself up. Colored folk, what his uncle would call himself and every other Black person around him. Except for Blake, seeing as he was mixed. Jhuno instantly caught his eye, maybe because she was the same skin tone as him, but because she was the first Black girl in this school that didn't seem to be . . . well, trash. He'd seen her in the halls, heard her name more than once or twice. A bitch they called her, a hoe, all those names, but to him if someone had rep like that, they at least wren't boring. Jhuno was seared right next to him, Jhuno on his right, and Alexis to his left. It wasn't until she finally stopped speaking, did he seem to rejoin the conversation as a whole. "First question." he said, arms still crossed over his chest. "Who are you?" he continued, "Who are we? Something been bugging me ever since I got your first letter. Why would you go around picking random people? You don't seem to know any of us, definitely not me, I just got here. How did you know I was a singer in the first place? Or did you even know?" He leaned forward, and put his elbows pressed against his knees. "Before I commit to anything, I gotta know what I'm committing to. Cus once I'm in, I'm putting my all into it, so don't waste my time." He wasn't exactly sure how he was coming off then, rude or not, but . . . He was just being honest. He'd tried to ignore these thoughts initially, but now the questions just went flooding. "Blake Moore." he said, introducing himself, "Before any of you ask, that's my name. 17, and I just joined. I just want to know what I'm diving into, is that name gonna be up in lights? Or 6 feet under?"
coding by cych

juno rhodes
interacting with: Janette, Blake, and Alexis

Juno took a glance at the three other people around her and she had to admit they were . . . not what she expected - for lack of better words. A rich girl (she assumed based on her statements), a gender ambiguous person whose style she was really digging. . . well Juno couldn't really tell what they were gender wise (and she wasn't going to assume), and a boy who she could tell by the look in his eyes that he was judging pretty much all of them. What an . . . interesting group of people, but hey, who was she to judge? In fact the thought of being in a group with these three engrossed her even more than she already was.

After Blake's little tangent Juno chuckled lowly to herself. She could already tell that was a somewhat cautious person, whether they were going to get along because of that was up to debate. Who knows what might happen. Juno took a small step forward and tilted her head a bit. "First of all," she shot a smile in Blake's direction, "hello Blake, nice to meet you." She then looked at Janette and nodded toward Blake. "Second of all, as interested as I am I do kind of agree with Blake here. Regardless of that though, I'd love to hear what icebreaker you have planned," she said, her tone as friendly and soft as usual.

It was beyond obvious that Janette was nervous, even though she tried to hide it. Maybe this whole band thing was a spur of the moment idea, who knows, but that's beyond the point. Blake overly blunt attitude wasn't going to help calm Janette's nerves. She knew for a fact that this could easily lead to dysfunction and that would end this practice (or audition more like it) before it even started and she didn't want that to happen. She glanced over to the one person in the group that she hadn't had the chance to get the name of, the gender ambiguous person from before. She made a mental note to ask for their name the first chance she got.
code// just-peachy

Alexis ❝Alyosha❞ Bluhm
/////sweets dreams are made of these.
[class=2]
padding: 14px;
Height: 10px;
Width: 100px;
margin-left: 40px;
transition-duration: 0.9s;
z-index:-1;
color:transparent;
margin-top:2px;
letter-spacing:1.2px;
[/class]
[class name=2 state=hover]
margin-left: 120px;
color:#ffffff;
width:200px;
[/class]
[class=contentbox]
margin-left: 100px;
margin-top: -30px;
height:480px;
width:150px;
padding: 15px;
color:#625C6D;
text-align:justify;
Font-size:13px;
overflow-y:scroll;
[/class][div class=2]// SEVENTEEN[/div] [div class=2]//GENDERFLUID[/div][div class=2]//DRUMMER[/div]

bububububu

code by @sadvalentine

Mike walked in, late as usual. His messy black hair hiding dark green eyes when he his hair had been washed with shampoo. Today being one of those days.
He had work later and would not be late, he was never late for work...
Just school, social events, and dinner

Opening the door he sees some attractive people and feels a tad intimidated, however they were discussing band names. He soon walked in and found a seat. Interrupting whoever was speaking with a “ayooo”
from his somewhat musical baritone.
He scanned the room thinking none of these people would buy anything off him.
Maybe the blonde would buy a CD. Easiest ten, no! Sixteen bucks I’ll make today.

Last edited:
Janette Groves

Janette began to speak, and was about to respond to what Blake had said, when some stoned-looking asshole came through the door and interrupted her. She thought about yelling at him, but instead addressed the situation calmly.
"Hello? Are... you the drummer? Have a seat, we were just deciding on a band name, and I had a little ice breaker planned. Now, to Blake and Juno, I knew about you guys through a source of mine. Don't be surprised if Justin or Bryan walk into school wearing a Rolex."
Janette took out 4 pieces of paper and pens, and then handed each person one of each object.
"So, for the ice-breaker I was thinking we'd each write down 2 or three things about ourselves and we'd try to guess who's who. So... get to writing"

Mike felt judged.
“I can play drums, but there’s probably someone better”
As everyone started writing or talking being popular.
Mike instantly wrote down in somewhat neat writing...

~My life is a pursuit of a smile
I’d work any job for any while
To feel happiness I’d walk any mile
Buy my CD, it has a Flowiest style~

He folded it into a plane and threw it at the bossy blonde.
Then he waited for others to finish. He leaned on his chair with his feet up on the table.

juno rhodes
interacting with: everybody

Juno glanced back as she heard the doors swing open. Her eyebrow raised at who walked in. Mike . . . something? Juno had seen him around before - probably even thrown a simple hello his way once before like she does pretty much everybody. She was really friendly, she tried to be nice to everybody.

Taking her eyes off of Mike she focused her attention on Janette again. She took the piece of paper and pencil with a small smile and gave a small nod. Juno sat down in one of the many chairs surrounding them and stared at the paper, and with a short twirl of the pencil in her fingers she began writing. Her answers were quick, didn't give out too much information about herself, and what she would describe as interesting. After finishing she smiled to herself and letthe encil and paper sit on her lap as she waited for everyone else.

"I'm a comic book nerd. I have a twin brother. I've been dancing for all of my life."
code// just-peachy

BLAKE MOORE

Blake nodded at Juno as she greeted him, arms crossed as he leaned back once more into his chair, waiting for an answer. He knew things were going to fall downhill from that point, however, as the next member arrived from then. Where to begin? Blake was not an angry or negative person, most of the time- er, some of the time. But this guy just made him want to punch a hole through the brick wall next to him. He was loud and obnoxious, not only that but he had arrived late and had the nerve to shock the members of the band with such a desolate noise. His body tensed up and the veins could be seen popping out of his arms, but he had yet to react, not yet. He ignored the new member, and got his attention once more focused on the seemingly older leader of the band. He nodded and took the paper from her, whispering under his breath as the drummer spoke about another member being a better drummer than him. "Yeah, probably." It wasn't meant to be an insult, or well it was, but if someone was willing to doubt their own ability that heavily then they obviously couldn't be worth the trouble of hoping for. In fact they could hold the band back as a whole if that was the way it was to be.

Blake . . . Was hesitant on writing. He didn't like sharing things on his personal life, especially with people he just met. But he had to put something down, right? He began to write, and finished rather quickly, handing the paper back to the blonde who stood before him. His paper read;

"The piano is my heart, my voice is my soul, I'll do anything to reach my goal.
I quote random things from random people.
I like anime."

He felt rather satisfied with what he'd wrote, even rhyming a bit in his first line. And then waited for her response.
coding by cych

Users who are viewing this thread

Back