• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Let's Explore Some Dungeons!! (Open World, PG-13 Light hearted RP) (Always open)

Kazuo- Bursting onto the scene!

Kazuo's entrance wasn't quite as spectacular as his title card would make you think, as he actually just strolled upstairs and into the main lobby. He was coming off being kicked off of his most recent party, and honestly he really didn't like them anyways. They were picky, and never let him prank anyone, and- well, if I continued his thoughts about them I'd likely take up the entire screen. However to put it likely, he was in deep denial about caring them. Besides he was kicked out for a very specific reason, one that we'll save for another time.

Anyways, the young demon made his way up to the lobby, deciding to stay at the inn for the night until he could leave and get on the road again. That and he'd found inns were the best place to cause unnamed mischief that will likely forever remain unnamed due to the contents of such, let us just leave it at- it's a very good thing he got distracted. Distracted by what? Obviously the conversation between an insect girl and a neko. With their ears out. How is a demon supposed to resist?

Quietly and stealthily the boy pounced. Yet he seemed to forget the fact that he'd been wearing a cloak, and said cloak was so long it had been dragging on the floor. And well...
THUD!!!

He fell on his face in his attempt to cuddle a kitty boy, granted a pretty ugly from the back kitty boy, but a kitty boy nonetheless. "oowwww" He started whining as he sat up, rubbing his nose in clear pain as he looked up at the two. It was a way to make an entrance, at least. Not a good or fun way, but a way.

The Mechanist The Mechanist Noble Scion Noble Scion

Irina munched on her baked pretzels in front of the two starving adventurers, waiting to see if the conversation went anywhere interesting. It didn't, unfortunately, but it wasn't like she was in a position to complain. She finished up the last bite and reached into her bag for another one, watching as the anole turned to her and posed a question.

"I could give you a dozen explanations, but let's take the shortest route there," the woman said through a mouthful of bread. "Suppose you take that claim at face value - this gem generates enough heat to incinerate absolutely anything - what stops it from destroying itself?" She walked about in a half circle and approached the two from the side, awkwardly holding the bag with the crook of her elbow and grabbing another pretzel. "Either the claim is a blatant exaggeration, or it was crafted with countermeasures in mind to prevent the careless forfeiture of a valuable artifact."

She held the gem out and dropped it, letting it clatter harmlessly against the ground.

"Creating such a self-defeating item is rather absurd, don't you think?"

-

Wick Wick Castello Castello

image.jpeg
Mary Helm

The town was quite busy with people going to and from various places, but the commotion turned more into curiosity. As people looked around, a woman was strolling by and she was no ordinary girl. The woman wore the armor of a Seeker, and a Seeker isn't something people see everyday. They gawked and stared, whispered and talked about the woman, yet the woman marched onwards towards an inn.

Soon the door opened and the Seeker entered, placing the room in a quiet silence as everyone stared. Soon it turned into whispers as the patrons watched her walk up to the Barkeep.

"I desire a place of rest in this establishment, how much would it cost to stay one night?"

The Barkeeper looked slightly nervous, probably never talked to a Seeker before and her calculative way of talking wasn't really helping him out. He told her the same thing as he told the bee lady, ten gold a night. The woman dropped the gold pieces into the man's hand and walked over to an open seat nearby the fireplace, ignoring the group that was already there, and sat down in the chair. She then took out a journal and a writing utensil and began writing something.

Noble Scion Noble Scion The Mechanist The Mechanist K KodomoYamiya

Last edited:
Raymond would feel a little worse now, seeing how much the two suffered similar problems. The young lad would kneel down, getting close to Finnikin's level, nodding at his conundrum.

"Ya' got tha' right Froggy... Ain't nobody taking me seriously, I am jus' a kid after all, dumb, stupid and the likes! It's tough for us underdog adventurers!" Raymond would speak with an upbeat tone, smiling a bit. "I say the smaller, the stronger! Easier to sneak 'round dungeons and all and no one expects our big punch!"

Raymond would quiet down though as the woman would speak, his eye's fixating on the shiny rock. He wasn't really listening, like a raven, he could really only focus on the shiny object, pondering a million questions about the object.

Melon Bomb Melon Bomb Wick Wick

Victor glanced to the bug stranger with a raised eyebrow as she, apparently, spoke a few words and bowed. Victor let his guard lower a bit as he quickly saw she wasn't hostile towards him, though he did keep his eye open just in case. He gave a nod and smirk. "Damn right I'm strong, um... bug person? Yeah I don't know your name," he said with a shrug before looking back to the red haired girl as she asked if they wanted to go to the caves together. He smirked and leaned forward in his saddle as he looked her up and down. She didn't look like much, she had a sword, but other than that Victor was a bit hesitant. "I don't know, I don't want to have to drag your corps back out of the cave," he chuckled before thinking for a few more seconds. Soon he decided to decline her offer and went to tell her, but he paused as a loud grumble escaped his stomach.

He cringed as he began to feel the effects of a few days without a proper meal. Three days on the road with stale bread and dirty water, life has not been fair lately. He looked to her as he inspected her a bit more. She looked to be the sort of person to have a bit of gold in her pockets. He glanced to his gut for a second and looked back with a grin. "Tell ya what, if ya buy me a warm meal then I'll be happy to go with you. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Food for a little extra muscle," he said with a chuckle.

Raku Raku Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Ranix Aurus Ranix Aurus

Victor glanced to the bug stranger with a raised eyebrow as she, apparently, spoke a few words and bowed. Victor let his guard lower a bit as he quickly saw she wasn't hostile towards him, though he did keep his eye open just in case. He gave a nod and smirk. "Damn right I'm strong, um... bug person? Yeah I don't know your name," he said with a shrug before looking back to the red haired girl as she asked if they wanted to go to the caves together. He smirked and leaned forward in his saddle as he looked her up and down. She didn't look like much, she had a sword, but other than that Victor was a bit hesitant. "I don't know, I don't want to have to drag your corps back out of the cave," he chuckled before thinking for a few more seconds. Soon he decided to decline her offer and went to tell her, but he paused as a loud grumble escaped his stomach.

He cringed as he began to feel the effects of a few days without a proper meal. Three days on the road with stale bread and dirty water, life has not been fair lately. He looked to her as he inspected her a bit more. She looked to be the sort of person to have a bit of gold in her pockets. He glanced to his gut for a second and looked back with a grin. "Tell ya what, if ya buy me a warm meal then I'll be happy to go with you. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Food for a little extra muscle," he said with a chuckle.

Lady Evelune Eskridge
Wakefield Gates

Upon hearing his stomach growl along with that condescending comment, Eve saw through his intentions. He didn't want to go with her, but he needed food. She had zero problems buying a meal for a friend. She wasn't, however, this guy's meal ticket. She didn't need him as much as he thought. Her appearance was a result of personal upkeep, not privilege, as she was currently homeless. Instead of telling him off like she wanted, she decided to be the bigger person. "That's fine. I have the money for a meal and a room, and I'm going regardless." She bowed. "If you'll excuse me, I'm about to go eat. Personal upkeep is important, you know." She flipped the big gold pouch up and caught it. She started to walk off towards the tavern.

Eliza Lavender
Current location: Innside (pun intended) one of the inns of Wakefield
"Oh.. Are you one of those... cats I heard about? I will admit.. The books said you’d be a lot smaller, but maybe you’re one of the larger variants?" She buzzed outwardly as her staring friend that had glared at her in her sleep pulled off the tin can on his helmet, which she assumed was for protection. It looked weird seeing one of the other races wearing a helmet given she had only ever seen other apiana wearing them, and only the elite militia were allowed them to deal with troublemakers or those of other races that attempted to enter the city without making reservations, not that she’d seen anyone enter the city, which made her think the her home had rather strict border control, but that was a thought for another day.

Her thoughts were interrupted by what looked like a very wobbly human stalking towards the big cat, before falling straight onto the ground with a resounding, yet sayisfying thump on the wooden flooring. “Is he a friend of yours? Or is he... Eh.. Under the influence of that drink you people drink... Bears? Bears.” She asked with a small giggle, her foreign accent kicking in as her mind raced through all the words she knew to put together what she hoped was a comprehenible sentence. Another person came in with long white hair, a female variation of the humans it appeared. She turned and took in a long look at the woman that had simply walked past and sat down in one of the seats. “You humans are weird.. Why are you so different from the other ones?” She asked bluntly, her large brown eyes large and inquisitive, yet friendly at the same time. “They have big arms and a squishy outer shell, but you have small arms! Yet the same squishy outer shell. This is a learning experience! I wonder if mama knows much about humans...” her thoughts wandered as she looked at the trio, one-by-one, in fascination, like a humanoid-creature biologist, except she knew almost nothing about them​

Last edited:
Ren turned to see the daemon behind him with his face on the ground, "what in the..." he was cut off as he felt a chill down his spine. His tail twitches as a woman walked past them nonchalantly, almost as if the daemon falling was of no concern to her. She took a seat upon the chair nearest the fire place and began to write. He heard Eliza's question and turned to her, "he probably is drunk, I'm unsure," he said to her. "And no he isn't a friend of mine, the only person I know who's here is...."
He was cut off by the sound of a deep commanding voice an armor clad legionaire walked down the steps, "me. I am his older Brother, Zano caius," said the kahjitt. His face completely different since he was born on a different lunar cycle, his helmet dangled from his belt and his gladius' hung from their scabbards as well. "I could hear the cheering from upstairs and guess it was you. Though I have to ask, why is there a daemon behind you?" Asked the imperial as he stepped down and approached, his eyes scanning the group, though they paused at the woman. "A seeker? Here?" Thought the kahjitt inwordly, his time in the legion he taught him about certain special forces, the seekers were no exceptions to his lessons. He even received special training should a seeker ever need his assistance. Another reason why he's the primus pilus centurion.
Ren turned to his brother then to Eliza, "squishy huh? Some would argue that my fur is really soft, like that of a kitten." He teased.

Noble Scion Noble Scion Castello Castello K KodomoYamiya

Last edited:
Kazuo- Aching for some attention and affection~

Kazuo rubbed his nose and looked up, whining in slight annoyance "c'mooonn... I'm not druuunkkk" Despite the fact he was completely sober, he slurred his words and drew them out. He forced himself to a standing position, hands squarely on his hips as he looked around the room. The new comer had almost stolen his thunder! Almost, being key word. Still it wasn't helping his annoyance at the entire situation. With his tail flicking between his legs he pouted when he looked at the kitty boy, then the kitty boy's brother? Presumably?

Most likely? Eh, it didn't really matter. They were kitties, but they were ugly kitties. Really ugly kitties. He shrugged then focused his attention on the bee. She was a bee.

A LIVING BEE.
Sure Kazuo had seen all sorts of different creatures on his quest for total world conquest and his scattered mini adventures of traveling with different parties, yet out of all of them. He'd never seen a bee.

If I could only describe the expression on his face when he actually realized this. Sadly my skills are not quite that good as of current times, and I must leave it at 'the most awestrucken and shocked at the same time face, mixed in with a tad of sheer love and pure excitement'. Even that description isn't enough to describe the expression on his face as he rushed towards the bee girl, and grinned ear to ear.
"HIMYNAMEISKAZUOIGOTKICKEDOUTFROMMYPARTYPLEASEOWNMEIWILLDOLITERALLYWHATEVERYOUWANT!!!"
His shouting and fast paced speaking showed that he was very clearly excited, and his excitement was aimed directly at the bee girl.

Interacting- Noble Scion Noble Scion
Mentioned- The Mechanist The Mechanist Archdemon Archdemon

Alwin Eklund
"Come on now, you're just a tad bit of rust, you shouldn't be all that hard to clean off..." Alwin looked at himself in a mirror upstairs in an inn, currently he was putting a brush against a patch of rust that fell on an elbow joint. Before him on the dresser sat a bowl of an odd looking grayish liquid that had a few bubbles floating around it. Alwin took one last look at the mirror to make sure he was resting the brush against the right place and then began to furiously scrub away at the joint, going on for minutes at a time as he attempted to clear away the powdery brownish-red patch on the joint. After awhile of scrubbing, Alwin pulled the brush away and muttered a curse under his breath, "Damn, if I hadn't given that ten gold to that beggar woman, I nay actually be able to afford real supplies instead of cheap homemade substitutes- wait a moment, how much a night was it for a room here?" Alwin put a gauntlet where his chin would be for a moment as he began to retrace his steps from two nights ago, envisioning himself walking through the doors, talking to the bartender, asking for a room and he replied...

"Oh hell..." Alwin groaned and fell back on his bed, "I don't even have five bloody gold, nerveless ten! I knew I shouldn't have bought a new brush, the old one was fine, if not a tad old...and gaudy...and blackened...upon reconsideration, I've decided that the new brush was worth the purchase." Alwin sighed as he sat up and gathered his small collection of things from around the room as he prepared to move out, fortunately, Alwin had planned to run out of money rather quickly, and as such hadn't bothered to get all that comfortable in the room, opting instead to live out of his sack, something that was rather easy to do considering he didn't need all that many items to survive. Alwin slung his bag over his shoulder and took one last look at himself in the mirror, adjusting the sack over his midsection to cover up his necromancy seals before nodding at himself and stepping into the hallway, clanking a bit as he made his way downstairs.

"Alright Alwin, remember you're playing the abashed knight role in this city, as long as you keep your head slouched and you shouldn't look like the oddest thing in the city..." Alwin finally came down the last step and looked at the scene before him with a bit of confinement, there was a bee woman and a cat man having a normal conversation before a demon looking man began to scream something far too quickly about being kicked from a party all while a woman sat down and appeared to be scribbling someth- wait a moment, was that a seeker?!

Alwin looked on in surprise for a moment before straightening himself up and clearing his throat,
'Well with a collection of oddeties like these I should have no problem blending in *Ahem* Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, but there are other patrons in this inn, er well-there was, I may actually have been the only one...never the less, please refrain from shouting..." Alwin looked directly at the odd demon looking man-child, "some people may need silence so they can concentrate on rather important studies." Alwin gestured with his head towards the woman writing down notes in a journal.
Mentioned- Noble Scion Noble Scion The Mechanist The Mechanist
Interacting with- K KodomoYamiya Archdemon Archdemon
Notes- I hope you guys don't mind if I just slip in here, it seemed the easiest interaction to jump into :3

image.jpeg
Mary Helm

The woman kept writing in her journal, initially ignoring the Bee girl's question. But soon she stopped and stared at her, her eyes showed no real emotion as she started explaining.

"The reason why humans look squishy is because there is no real threat of animals harming us as we are considered to be at the top of the food chain. Why have natural protection when you're top dog with civilization, weapons, and magic that no other natural creature has besides our fellows with civilization as well. To answer your second question, it's because I'm a female and biologically speaking females in the ancient past spent more time taking care of the children and the household while the men went out and hunted beasts and protected the tribal villages. Therefore men had to be biologically more powerful for their intended purpose while women are less so because of their nature. Assuming that you're an apiana, you know nothing about civilization outside what the queen bee has told you correct? I've read books on the subject of your people by those who've been allowed in your kingdom to research into the hierarchy and function of your people."
((Sorry if the text below this is messed up for those using nightlife/the dark theme for RPN, it will not allow me to change it back to normal even though I hit the None button on the color pallet 5 times.))

She turned her head towards the demon as he seemed quite excited about the Apiana. He seemed eager to join her party, oh yes she could understand exactly what he said being quite perceptive as a Seeker. Yet this was unimportant to her as she turned her head to look at the two Khajiits, one was the Imperial Champion of the Arena and the other was the Primus Polis Centurion. They were brothers if she remembered correctly, went into a grand tourney, won and at the end refused to fight each other.

"Hmmm, long way from the capital, what brings you here Primus Polis Centurion and Imperial Arena Champion? Are you seeking knowledge like I am or more boring imperial business? Because I have heard there are a few places around this city that could contain things I seek, and I could use the help of some experienced warriors, you can keep anything that has no value to me."

She spoke in a very emotionless way kinda like she didn't care what their answer was. But this has been the way of Seekers, to bottle up their emotions so to those that have encountered them this isn't really nothing new.

Then a man in armor appeared, saying something about not yelling cause people are busy writing. She just stared at him with a blank look on her face, almost as if she was studying him. At the moment she seemed to be focusing most if her attention on the newcomer.

Noble Scion Noble Scion The Mechanist The Mechanist K KodomoYamiya Loony_Bin Loony_Bin

Last edited:
Ariel Makayla Osler and Pandora
Wakefield Inn

5cec60ddeb9b250b9c50e2b133fa0bc5.jpg

4c9e065643d31efe430b8910efe6f0bb--art-designs-purple-hair.jpg

"It's quite fine." a newcomer entered the lobby from a side room. A bespectacled girl dressed in all black with a book in her hand walked over with a smile on her face and a book in her hand, snapped shut. Behind her was another girl, dressed in a Victorian style of black and purple. She had a bunch of bows on and they looked like they'd be sisters considering how they were together. There were only a few in the inn at the moment due to the lunch rush and everyone was out doing their things, trying to get whatever they needed before coming back. As the one in the dress approached, the lights started flickering on and off furiously for a few seconds, then stopped and the temperature lowered a bit, chilling the hot room about 10-15 degrees. Those were clear signs of a weird presence. "Thank you, sir. I have it under control."

"Ariel, have you studied enough to try the spell?" The girl beside her asked, looking up at her.
"Yes. I'm taking a break for a while though before we try it. You've made me bury my face in this book for the past 12 hours. I need some sleep, Pandora.........." A 12 hour study session with no breaks was absolutely insane. She needed to sleep for a bit, but there were things to do. "........or at bare minimum, some coffee."

She turned to everyone here. "Good afternoon, everyone. I'm Ariel Osler, the Manager of this establishment. The knight here is correct. It's not polite to disturb the concentration of other patrons." After a few nods from the other patrons, rules understood and some of them coming up to greet her, She turned to the knight. He looked like he had all his stuff ready. "Are you checking out today?"

Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Archdemon Archdemon
K KodomoYamiya
The Mechanist The Mechanist

(Are you guys still in?)
Raku Raku
Ranix Aurus Ranix Aurus
Raider dog Raider dog

Victor smirked at the girl and chuckled as he was told personal upkeep was important. "Of course it is, if I had the gold I'd be shining like a damned diamond!" he laughed as he rode by her side. "And by the sound of that pouch you have no problems with it," he said pointing to her pouch of gold. Victor shook his head. 'Must have gotten that from daddy,' he thought to himself with a smile. Though sadly his smile died a bit as he glanced around the streets they walked. Of course more glares came his way from the people, luckily some just ignored him, but a few brave ones walked by him and muttered insults.

"Scum."

"Mutt."

"Traitor."

"Trash."

One even spit in his direction before turning the other way. Victor simply rolled his shoulders, sighed and looked back to the girl with a smaller smirk. "Since you're paying for my meal, mind telling me your name? Can't just call you girl now can I?" he said before jabbing a thumb into his armors chest piece. "Call me Victor, though some call me Mutt," he introduced himself. 'Unfortunately,' he thought with a bit of annoyance. He glanced behind him and saw that the bug stranger was still following him. "How about you? Got a name, or is it just some more bug noises?"

Victor smirked at the girl and chuckled as he was told personal upkeep was important. "Of course it is, if I had the gold I'd be shining like a damned diamond!" he laughed as he rode by her side. "And by the sound of that pouch you have no problems with it," he said pointing to her pouch of gold. Victor shook his head. 'Must have gotten that from daddy,' he thought to himself with a smile. Though sadly his smile died a bit as he glanced around the streets they walked. Of course more glares came his way from the people, luckily some just ignored him, but a few brave ones walked by him and muttered insults.

"Scum."

"Mutt."

"Traitor."

"Trash."

One even spit in his direction before turning the other way. Victor simply rolled his shoulders, sighed and looked back to the girl with a smaller smirk. "Since you're paying for my meal, mind telling me your name? Can't just call you girl now can I?" he said before jabbing a thumb into his armors chest piece. "Call me Victor, though some call me Mutt," he introduced himself. 'Unfortunately,' he thought with a bit of annoyance. He glanced behind him and saw that the bug stranger was still following him. "How about you? Got a name, or is it just some more bug noises?"

Lady Evelune Eskridge
Wakefield

First impressions were everything, and he screwed his up if he was trying to get something from her, which he obviously was from his wanting a warm meal. All he had to do was ask, not be a prick. Now he just complicated things and had to add an apology to the list.........or just keep eating whatever he ate beforehand.
"Who said I was paying for your meal? You've got a disrespectful attitude and a condescending demeanor," Eve said, crossing her arms. "I guess you think that because I came from nobility that I have the privileges of Nobility. Absolutely not." She turned away from him and pulled out a carrot to feed her horse. She talked while the horse ate and she pet the horse. "I was disowned by my family many years ago. This money came from a famous writer that I had to escort through nothing but bandits and hostile wild animals for 3 days." A bunch of random passersby taunted him and some told her to punch him in the face, probably because she had on higher status clothes so people thought she was an official knight. Not yet.......... "Whatever you did to get as much hate as you're getting, you're starting to show me that you deserve it. I'm tired as hell and hungry as hell, and I'm not gonna be seen with someone so disrespectful.........." She had approached him with respect. It wasn't about what he said that she hated. It was how he tried to garner a meal off her, using a place he planned on going to anyways and act like he was doing her a favor by her asking if she wanted to go along. "..........so let's waste no more time. If you feel like I really need you to beat the cave, you can walk away now. If you genuinely want to come along, you'll apologize and treat me with the respect I showed you." Nowhere in her words was there any guarantee of a warm meal on her dime. She was annoyed with this guy and wasn't about to go along with condescension and disrespect.

Victor stared at the woman with wide eyes as he was a bit surprised from her burst. Honestly he thought she was just some noble brat that got daddies fortune, but it was clear he was off on that. He stared at her for a few silent seconds before holding up his hands and chuckling with defeat. "Alright, alright I get it, I'm an ass," he said before bowing his head slightly with his small smile still there. "Sorry about that, I'm not really in the best state of mind right now. Eating moldy bread, drinking dirty water and sleeping in the cold must have made me forget my manners," he said before looking back to her. "Guess I was just desperate for a real meal," he admitted with a grin. "Plus I was never good around nobility, they seemed to have to big of a stick up their ass," he joked before holding up his hand. "Not you of course, you got a little bit of a flame in ya. I like it," he chuckled. Victor was never good with apologies so hopefully she wouldn't blow up on him again. He still sort of wanted that meal.

"Also, just want to point out that I did nothing to piss these people off, I just got here," he said as he lifted up his clover pendant. "They're mad because of this. It's the symbol of the Four Leaf mercenary company, don't know if ya know them, but lets just say they weren't the most popular group in the lands. Not a lot of places really like me because I wear it so I get this," he gestured around the streets. "My past is what keeps my personal upkeep so low, my pouch so light and my stomach so empty," he said with a dry tone. He sighed and gave a shrug before looking back to her. "Anyway, considering the cave you can count me in. Usually I work alone in this kind of stuff, but I sort of want to see what you got," he smiled before holding out his hand to seal the deal. "So, can we bury this under the bridge and start over?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Victor stared at the woman with wide eyes as he was a bit surprised from her burst. Honestly he thought she was just some noble brat that got daddies fortune, but it was clear he was off on that. He stared at her for a few silent seconds before holding up his hands and chuckling with defeat. "Alright, alright I get it, I'm an ass," he said before bowing his head slightly with his small smile still there. "Sorry about that, I'm not really in the best state of mind right now. Eating moldy bread, drinking dirty water and sleeping in the cold must have made me forget my manners," he said before looking back to her. "Guess I was just desperate for a real meal," he admitted with a grin. "Plus I was never good around nobility, they seemed to have to big of a stick up their ass," he joked before holding up his hand. "Not you of course, you got a little bit of a flame in ya. I like it," he chuckled. Victor was never good with apologies so hopefully she wouldn't blow up on him again. He still sort of wanted that meal.

"Also, just want to point out that I did nothing to piss these people off, I just got here," he said as he lifted up his clover pendant. "They're mad because of this. It's the symbol of the Four Leaf mercenary company, don't know if ya know them, but lets just say they weren't the most popular group in the lands. Not a lot of places really like me because I wear it so I get this," he gestured around the streets. "My past is what keeps my personal upkeep so low, my pouch so light and my stomach so empty," he said with a dry tone. He sighed and gave a shrug before looking back to her. "Anyway, considering the cave you can count me in. Usually I work alone in this kind of stuff, but I sort of want to see what you got," he smiled before holding out his hand to seal the deal. "So, can we bury this under the bridge and start over?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Lady Evelune Eskridge
Wakefield

She took his hand, shaking it. "You can call me Eve." She didn't tell him her full name. She was wanted alive..........not because she was a criminal, but because she was a runaway. Her parents put a HEFTY bounty on her head to bring her back alive and in good shape. In other words, they'd have to either convince her to come back home or capture her without hurting her. Her whole name was out, Evelune Eskridge, and anyone could be a bounty hunter, so no full names. Luckily for her, since her mother hated her for a good time, they have to up to date or even recent pictures of her. They were all of her when she was very little, so only a written description.......and that was a bad one of her. Since Victor didn't use his last name, it really shouldn't be a problem anyways.

She placed a bunch of coins in his hand. About 30 or so gold pieces, which was insane. "Good faith. I'm not here to judge. Just explore a bit." she said simply and started walking with a thunderous rumble of her stomach. "Now for food. Still on me." She hoped to god he wasn't just faking this just now just to get something out of her. Whatever though. She was good at reading people. "Why do you wear something that brings you so much public hate at the sight? Are you that loyal to the cause?"

Last edited:
Eliza Lavender
Current location: Innside (pun intended) one of the inns of Wakefield
b8710bf7-d5f4-4e28-872f-64d88bcd1e4b-png.385980
"Your fur is soft? Do you mind if I- H-Huh?!" Eliza squeaked as the strange drunken person suddenly ran up to her and began yelling gibberish at her. She couldn't make out a word due to her limited experience with the language, not to mention how shocking it was for her to randomly have someone screaming at her. She recoiled a few steps backward. "I.. Uh.. Don't do that please.." she mumbled bashfully, looking off to the side, searching for any form of a distraction, which came in the form of yet another person, seemingly unhappy with the level of noise coming from down here. "Don't look at me, it was that guy" she bumbled, pointing one of her four arms at the guy that was still a little too close for her liking.

It was then that the other female in this small party decided to speak up, in a rather matter-of-factly way, and while Eliza tried to hold onto the flurry of knowledge, it was difficult to her to fully understand, but she simply nodded happily and gave the woman a pleasant "Yeah, that's right, the queen holds all the knowledge and passes on what she thinks is right. Honestly I got pretty lucky simply being allowed to adventure out of the kingdom!" she grinned, finishing off her answer with a small giggle. "Seeker..?" Eliza mumbled at the end, mostly to herself, but partially to the woman, hoping for some sort of explanation on the name, but not really expecting any, given that she had already turned her attention away.

Another two people entered, and the room felt a whole lot more crowded, not to mention colder, a lot colder, and the lights flickered a bit, which led Eliza to feel rather uncomfortable with the two. She'd heard lots of scary stories about human witches, that they eat children and what not, even if they did look fairly innocent. The apiana people generally didn't judge based on appearances, but myths and rumours were a whole other ball-game. They unveiled themselves as the owners, so she simply gave them an awkward glance with her brown eyes. "Hello.." she said quietly, hoping not to be heard along with the cold taking its toll on her, making her feel very slow and sluggish. she staggered back over to the fire and sat down next to it, similar to before, but without curling up. She didn't want to go to sleep again, she didn't need any more resting.
The Mechanist The Mechanist Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Archdemon Archdemon K KodomoYamiya Loony_Bin Loony_Bin

Last edited:
Ren grabbed the demon by the scruff of his shirt and effortlessly lifted him up and moved him back to his previous spot, "have you no respect for the personal space of others daemon?" Ren asked in annoyance as he released the underwordling.
Zano on the other hand had turned his attention to the seeker, "were here because my brother was sent by the emperor to compete in the arena and bring home the championship." Said the khajit, "and you're asking us for help?" He asked raising a brow. It was surprising to see that a seeker would ask for help.
Ren had already turned his attention away from the daemon as a heavy armor clad man walked down the steps complaining about noise, "you'll have to live with it, the folks here were cheering the moment I walked in. Guess a lot of people are fans of the arena." He said to him.
The room suddenly felt different and two woman walked in, once more complaining of the noise much to Rens chagrin. "Same thing I told the knight I'm telling you, I have no control whether your patrons cheer at the sight of a champion. I was standing here quietly, chatting with my new found friend Eliza," he said gesturing to the her girl who had proceeds to sitting, "and then this daemon came up from some party in your cellar, that you might want to take care of, and fell on the ground, got up and began blurting nonsense at Eliza. Me and my brother have done nothing wrong and are here merely to compete as the emperor commanded so." Ren said to the two woman.
Noble Scion Noble Scion Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Archdemon Archdemon Loony_Bin Loony_Bin K KodomoYamiya

Ren grabbed the demon by the scruff of his shirt and effortlessly lifted him up and moved him back to his previous spot, "have you no respect for the personal space of others daemon?" Ren asked in annoyance as he released the underwordling.
Zano on the other hand had turned his attention to the seeker, "were here because my brother was sent by the emperor to compete in the arena and bring home the championship." Said the khajit, "and you're asking us for help?" He asked raising a brow. It was surprising to see that a seeker would ask for help.
Ren had already turned his attention away from the daemon as a heavy armor clad man walked down the steps complaining about noise, "you'll have to live with it, the folks here were cheering the moment I walked in. Guess a lot of people are fans of the arena." He said to him.
The room suddenly felt different and two woman walked in, once more complaining of the noise much to Rens chagrin. "Same thing I told the knight I'm telling you, I have no control whether your patrons cheer at the sight of a champion. I was standing here quietly, chatting with my new found friend Eliza," he said gesturing to the her girl who had proceeds to sitting, "and then this daemon came up from some party in your cellar, that you might want to take care of, and fell on the ground, got up and began blurting nonsense at Eliza. Me and my brother have done nothing wrong and are here merely to compete as the emperor commanded so." Ren said to the two woman.
Noble Scion Noble Scion Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Archdemon Archdemon Loony_Bin Loony_Bin K KodomoYamiya
Ariel Makayla Osler and Pandora
Wakefield

"Needlessly hostile......alright then. Take two." Ariel said with a sigh, eyes narrowing. "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you this time. You WILL keep the noise down or you WILL be removed." Pandora shot an icy glare at the other patrons who were keeping up the noise, and they backed away, feeling heavily uneasy. "Er......sorry Ms. Osler." Ariel had one of the finest inns in Wakefield. She didn't have many rules, but those she did had, she was draconian about. The constant presence of one of the most powerful demons didn't exactly encourage people to break the rules. Ariel always tried to be nice, but someone away messed things up and made her get a little less nice about things. "These rules aren't up for compromise or exception just because you have a little fan club. You may not be the cause, but you're enabling them by trying to undermine someone who reminds you of them." She'd be more than willing to lose a few potential customers for kicking him out than have her other patrons either sleeping or studying disturbed by a bunch of drunks. "I've tried to be nice. Now, I have other patrons in here studying or sleeping in their rooms. Keep. The noise. Down." she said in an ice cold tone. She already didn't like the emperor, but it was obvious that the emperor didn't teach his warriors manners. The rules were written in plain sight both inside the lobby and on the window right beside the door. Rule #4: Keep the noise level low. Other patrons may be sleeping or studying

Pandora, being connected to her host, was VERY empathetic to her and was easily influenced by Ariel's emotions. Right now, it was annoyance. 12 hours straight of studying, tired, and having to deal with a bunch of loud people who some were regulars and currently staying there. She stood by beside Ariel, a cold stare under that adorable look. A part of her wanted Ariel to test the spell out on this champion, but Ariel was too forgiving at times

"Pandora, can you renew the fire?" Her coldness was shattered as she perked up at Ariel's words. She ran over and grabbed a few logs and threw them on the fire, reigniting the blaze a bit more and warming the room back up from Pandora's presence. She looked at the bee lady, having not seen them before, and got down on her knees and crawled up almost into the bee lady's face. "Oooohhhh, you're a bee person. Why are you so cold? Do you die after you sting someone? Are you in a hive mind?" Pandora was completely and utterly clueless as to the fact that, in human form, she chilled every room she walked into. She herself didn't feel the temperature change, as she always had that lower temperature about her. She was also clueless to the fact that the chills along with the flickering lights upon entering were 2 signs of a powerful demon. She just figured that humans haven't perfected their fake suns yet

Noble Scion Noble Scion
Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Archdemon Archdemon
K KodomoYamiya

Last edited:
Alwin Eklund
There was a sudden unnerving shift in the room from Alwin's perspective, from the seeker woman who was now staring at him oddly to the woman who had just walked into the room and made the lights flicker, and- wait...was the room colder? It was difficult for Alwin to tell through his dulled senses, but he could have sworn he felt just a tad more chilly...

Alwin found himself staring at the seeker woman as these thoughts went through his head, confused as to why she was staring at him, had she not seen a man in armor before? Perhaps it was something more than that...had she seen his seals?! Alwin attempted to discretely make sure that they were covered and sure enough they were, but what if the seeker had seen them peeking from under his bag?! What if she knew he wasn't a human?! What if she was a Knight of the Rose sent after him for provenance, dear god was he going to have to fight here in such a crowded area?! If he was he'd need to first lock her into the inn to make sure no harm came to the people outside, then if he was lucky he could play keep away with his spear-

"Are you checking out today?"

Alwin snapped back to reality, though he tried his best to act as if he hadn't been lost in his own thoughts about why the seeker woman was STILL staring at him, "Hm? Oh, why yes, I've no more need for my room as I think I'll be leaving town today. I'd like to thank you for your rooms, this was surely one of the better inns I've stayed at in my travels, my compliments my lady." After answering the question, Alwin's mind began to slowly drift back to the seeker woman, vaguely noting the cat-person's speel and the owner's response. He stood there in silence for a few moments before realizing the same silence that had taken over him had slowly taken over the entire room, and, in an effort to break that silence, Alwin cleared his non-existent throat, "Well, thank you for the room, it was very nice. However I believe I shall be taking my leave if there's no further business to take care of, thank you for the warm bed..."

Noble Scion Noble Scion
Archdemon Archdemon
K KodomoYamiya
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Victor scoffed a bit with amusement and shook his head. "We never really had a cause, we were just traveling swords for hire. No, I'm loyal to the memory of my company. We were pretty well known and were liked by many powerful people enough to be picked for insanely high paying jobs. It was like we were on top of the world. We were like a family," he said with a fond smile from his memories within the company. His smile faded slightly as he came back to the present times. "Sadly though I left the company to follow my own path. A few months later I saw the bounty that had been placed on them and was to late to go back and help. They ended up being cornered, slaughtered and cursed even after their death," he said as he tightened his fist. "I have no idea what happened to cause those events, but now there's no use in trying to find out. I just have to honor the memory of my only family and move on," he finished and looked to Eve with a lighter smile.

"But lets stop talking about that and just focus on what to eat!" he laughed as a bit of saliva escaped his mouth his eyes shined with excitement at the though of a warm meal. "Cooked meat, fresh bread, pure ale, oh a crisp apple would be perfect for Clover here!" he chuckled as he patted his mounts side. "Hell I can actually sleep in a damned bed, been at least seven month since I have. Last one was a straw bed in the middle of a crap filled barn," he scoffed before a thought came to mind and looked to Eve. "Though you may want to keep your distance when we get there, I'd imagine they'd probably give you a hard time with being around me," he suggested with a frown. It annoyed him, but it wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

image.jpeg
Mary

The armored man seemed to be uncomfortable with Mary staring at him, yet she still persisted. She looked at his armor, his weapons, his hands, his general stance, she looked as though she was studying him. Finally once she finally determined something she spoke to him.

"You seem like a capable warrior, I wish to offer you a chance to be part of a dungeon delving crew. There are a few places near this town that I wish to scope out, for knowledge sits in the unlikeliest of places."

She turned back towards Ren and Zano, well mostly to Zano since he asked a question.

"Yes I am asking for help. I may be a Seeker but we are not bred for the battlefield, if training itself were not some form of learning we would never do it. So don't mistake our order for warriors when we are at our heart, scholars."

Suddenly the inn got colder as the owner and her assistant came down to enforce her rules. Everyone seemed to have noticed this change but Mary ignored it, there are many explanations but this was something she doesn't care about. The assistant ran over to the Apiana and began asking questions, and since Mary knew the creature was a foreigner she decided to interject on her behalf.

"It would seem that your presence is what's making the room chilly, not the apiana since it was quite warm before your arrival. To your second question, no they do not. While the lesser more primitive bees do, the Apiana have evolved to allow for multiple stings with their stinger as a defense mechanism. Third question, the Apiana are in a hive mind but not all are connected at birth. Do not pester her, she is a foreigner so she doesn't speak our language as well as everyone else. What you lose in patience your gain in information."

She ended the questionaire with a proverb the Seekers usually say. Then she turned to the Apiana and her unanswered question regarding what the seekers were.

"The Seekers are an organization dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge. We don't care what we learn whether it's lost necromatic rituals or the lost history of a forgotten kingdom, as long we have uncovered and preserved the things we find. All members of our organization are users of Psionic Magic meaning you can't be one of us without that magical gift."

She gave her the barebones explanation in the hope that she would understand.

Noble Scion Noble Scion Kylesar1 Kylesar1 The Mechanist The Mechanist K KodomoYamiya Loony_Bin Loony_Bin

Mary

The armored man seemed to be uncomfortable with Mary staring at him, yet she still persisted. She looked at his armor, his weapons, his hands, his general stance, she looked as though she was studying him. Finally once she finally determined something she spoke to him.

"You seem like a capable warrior, I wish to offer you a chance to be part of a dungeon delving crew. There are a few places near this town that I wish to scope out, for knowledge sits in the unlikeliest of places."

She turned back towards Ren and Zano, well mostly to Zano since he asked a question.

"Yes I am asking for help. I may be a Seeker but we are not bred for the battlefield, if training itself were not some form of learning we would never do it. So don't mistake our order for warriors when we are at our heart, scholars."

Suddenly the inn got colder as the owner and her assistant came down to enforce her rules. Everyone seemed to have noticed this change but Mary ignored it, there are many explanations but this was something she doesn't care about. The assistant ran over to the Apiana and began asking questions, and since Mary knew the creature was a foreigner she decided to interject on her behalf.

"It would seem that your presence is what's making the room chilly, not the apiana since it was quite warm before your arrival. To your second question, no they do not. While the lesser more primitive bees do, the Apiana have evolved to allow for multiple stings with their stinger as a defense mechanism. Third question, the Apiana are in a hive mind but not all are connected at birth. Do not pester her, she is a foreigner so she doesn't speak our language as well as everyone else. What you lose in patience your gain in information."

She ended the questionaire with a proverb the Seekers usually say. Then she turned to the Apiana and her unanswered question regarding what the seekers were.

"The Seekers are an organization dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge. We don't care what we learn whether it's lost necromatic rituals or the lost history of a forgotten kingdom, as long we have uncovered and preserved the things we find. All members of our organization are users of Psionic Magic meaning you can't be one of us without that magical gift."

She gave her the barebones explanation in the hope that she would understand.

Noble Scion Noble Scion Kylesar1 Kylesar1 The Mechanist The Mechanist K KodomoYamiya Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Pandora
Scarlet Keep Hotel

"If she doesn't speak English well, then I'll speak her language." she turned to Ariel. "Ariel, can you use Trace?"
Ariel nodded and opened her right palm. A purple halo formed around Ariel's head and a purple upside down cross appeared in her hand. That same upside down cross glowed at Pandora's chest and both Pandora's and Ariel's eyes glowed red. Ariel spoke. "Trace the Apianan Tongues." The room got extremely cold for a second, then returned to the normal temperature.

Trace was a simple spell that allowed for complete understanding of a single language, using up 1 mana per word in that language, whether written or spoken. When all mana was drained or the spell dispersed, they went back to knowing what they knew before the spell was cast Pandora couldn't use her spells though. Ariel had to use it on her. They were connected via a demon pact. If there was any doubt about what Pandora actually was and Ariel's relationship with her, it was long gone now. "If you need help," Pandora said, a bit more level-headed than usual and in a lower tone as if trying to keep it from someone in particular. "Mind if Ariel and I come along? There's a spell I need her to test. She's good in a fight. Protected me plenty of times. She's just learning how to use my gift." The gift in question, given her name and her SSS threat rating in both the human and demon worlds, was obviously Pandora's Box, also a SSS threat level in both worlds. The reason she wasn't exterminated on sight is that no one had seen her true demon form and lived, with the 2 exceptions being whoever put her drawn demon form picture in a book.......and Ariel. Her demon form was NOT that well endowed. The pervert who drew it emphasized just that and when they drew it, put her in nothing but spandex and a metal bra. She needed armor, not battle lingerie. It made her angry just to think about it. Oh.......what was the subject again?......Oh yea, getting onboard with this dungeon crawling group against Ariel's will, and apologizing to the Apianan before Ariel yells at her.
"Oh: I'm sorry if I badgered you. I've never seen the Apianans before outside of the books Ariel reads to me." She spoke these words in perfect Apianan Tongues, so anyone who wasn't Ariel or could speak it could not understand it.
Noble Scion Noble Scion

Lore Added: Spell
Name: Trace
Element: General
Description: Have complete understanding of a single language for 1 mana per word in that language. Lose any magic-gained knowledge at the end of the spell

Lore Added: Location
Name: Scarlet Keep Hotel
Owner: Ariel Makayla Osler
Description: One of the finest places of lodging in Wakefield........Just don't break the rules

Lady Evelune Eskridge
Red Dragon Tavern

"Here we are.....The Red Dragon Tavern. I've heard a lot of good things about this place. Cheap, good food without the tolerance for bar brawls..... that's what I've heard anyways" Eve said to him. "Don't worry about being lowering my status. I'm wearing the noble wear. If you're seen in good regard, it'll at minimum stop people talking bad while we're together." She opened the door to amazing smells of cooking food and was hit with a heatwave of a fiery kitchen and a wall of sound from all the conversing people. A popular place to eat and Eve's stomach was howling at the prospect of eating food from here. "All on me. Get what you want, then we'll discuss what this dungeon will entail."
Raider dog Raider dog

Victors world seemed to brighten up as the smell and warmth of the tavern struck him all at once. With saliva dripping from his mouth and his eyes nearly glistening with held back tears he shouted with cheer and made a dash to the nearest table with Eve. "Hey, hey waitress over here!" he flagged down the nearest waitress and chuckled as he prepared to order. "Alright, give me a hunk of cooked meat, a loaf of freshly made bread and eight mugs of ale. Six for me and two for my friend here," he laughed with excitement as the kitchens heavenly smell continued to assault his nose. "Oh, and also give my horse a few apples and some water, she's the nice looking brown one with the clover on the saddle," He then let Eve make her order and looked to her with a wide grin. "Ya know it's been ages since someone actually took my order without spitting in my face, I should go out with you more!" he chuckled as he looked around the tavern. He was still getting a few unwelcoming glances, but none voiced their opinions on the matter and left him alone. It was actually refreshing.

As they waited on their food the waitress had brought them eight mugs of ale like Victor ordered. He chuckled as he snatched the first mug up and downed at least half of it in one gulp. "Ah! Now that hits the spot!" he looked to Eve and rested his head within his palm as he began to relax. "So, lets get down to this cave business. How are we doing this? I usually just dive head first into these things, but since I'm not working alone we may have to actually plan something," he chuckled before taking another sip from his mug.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Lady Evelune Eskridge
Red Dragon Tavern

The two ate their meals like some fat cats and let it digest a bit, their tables stacked in trays and mugs. Eve didn't drink, so she just opted to drink water. They were stuffed and food-wise, they were ready to go. Eve had packed some fresh meat and bread for the cave ahead. With a satisfied sigh after a good while of non-business related fellowship, she was finally ready to start the proceedings ahead. "Alright. Dead End Cave. What's known in that cave is that anyone who goes alone tends to end up missing. What that may suggest is that we're dealing with something supernatural or something sinister that can either kill no matter what or possess you.......No matter what, unless we get a bigger group, we stick together. In groups of two, we can fight whatever it is, either the effects or the source." She pulled out a notebook and turned to a page headlining Dead End Cave.

hqdefault.jpg

Difficulty: 3/10
Puzzle Difficulty: ???
Hazards:
  • Being separated. Every person who entered the cave alone came up missing
  • Unknown beyond the sign
Recommended Group Size: 2-5
Monsters Expected: Black Slimes, Spirits, Wolves
Magic Expected: Physical, Dark
Magic Recommended: Holy

"That's about it. Since we're both swordsmen, we have no choice but to just go all in with caution. I'll take point since I can use Light Ball to light our path." She would be in the forefront and he ready to move ahead to strike.
Raider dog Raider dog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back