• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Let's be Rebels!

Htiaf

Knight of the Inverted Table
The Government is corrupt.

In an advanced tech society, the people are in poverty, homeless, and friendless. Thousands of beggars live on the streets in your town, while the wealthy live in four story houses sipping their Champagne and stuffing their faces, blissfully unaware of the suffering just out their doors.

The only thing the lower class people are for, is soldiers, and test rats. Every year, the government drafts any man older than 16 into the army. Girls are mostly used for test experiments.

(You may choose to be in the army.)

Until you decide to rebel.

To give you an idea of what the different classes are like, I am going to post some pictures.

Wealthy:

tumblr_m6koi41ame1qbi1f7o1_500.jpg

Dirt Poor:
121.1_GI_Poverty_riverbank.jpg

And I have no idea what the landscape will look like. I will just have to imagine that as we role play!

Be nice.

Keep the swearing down.

This is at 13+ RP, not a 17+ RP.

Be patient.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
(This is just a starter. You are welcome to continue this . I fully expect people to join in after we start.)

Kristina yawned, closing her drawing pad. She stretched out on her small sleeping bag, around her boys were snoring like pigs. It also helped that they all smelled like them, too.

25 boys squished into a ten man tent was going a bit overboard, she thought. It certainly made keeping her secret a challenge.

As she climbed inside her sleeping bag, she slipped off her jacket and splayed it out on her backpack. That would make for a slightly more comfortable pillow.

"Hey! Christopher!" She heard someone whisper from across the small tent. Looking up from her drawing pad that she had reopened, she quickly sat up and pulled her sleeping bag over her chest.

"Yes?" She asked , wincing as it came out squeaky.

"Blow out the **** light!" A tired face appeared out of the corner of the candle light.

Her eyes narrowed. "No. You can do that yourself if you really want. I'm still drawing."

He anxiously put a finger to his lips. "Shhh! You don't want to get us all killed, do you?!?"

Kris rolled her eyes and blew out the candle, leaving the young boy to try finding his way back to his sleeping bag in the dark.

She smiled as she heard him trip over several people and land with a loud thump. "Idiot." She whispered affectionately. Then she turned over on her stomach , clutching her backpack as she fell asleep.

Kylina didn't like stealing from the army, but at that point, it was unavoidable. A recent crime spree had led to her home, the capital city (she didn't know its name), having much tighter security than normal. It was usually temporary, but for now, she had had to leave. It had been a few months since, and she hadn't really found much worthy of stealing, so she was hungry. When she saw the army outpost, she had thought that she was saved. Armies had weapons and food.

Kye crept towards the supply depot, carefully avoiding the sentries posted at intervals.

Kris was suddenly awoken by someone crawling over her. Her breath caught in her throat, and she angrily shoved the boy off of her. "Oi!" She muttered, and winced as her voice was higher than she meant it to be.

The boy scampered off, leaving Kris's heart thumping loudly in her chest.

The sun was coming up slowly, and maybe five or six boys were awake.

Suddenly, she realized that her drawing pad was gone. Alarmed, she sat up and gazed around, seeing the culprit quickly. It was the boy from the night before and his little group of friends. They were crowded around the boy, and he was obviously looking at her drawings.

Mortified, Kris crawled as fast as she could to his side. Snarling, she snatched the sketch book out of his hands. "That's mine, you pig!"

She flipped through the pages, making sure he hadn't ripped any pages.

Sure enough, he had ripped out her newest drawing. She wipped her head around and stared a death glare at him.

He smiled smugly. "Why do you even draw? It's so... girly. Hey, why don't you ever sleep without your shirt off?"

Kris snatched the paper out of his hands, and paused, trying to think of an excuse. Not finding one, she shrugged. "I just don't like feeling cold, that's all."

"Unlikely," The boy smiled at her slyly, "Seeing as you always wear something underneath that anyways." He motioned to her shirt.

Mortified, she quickly sat up. Her thin shirt had a low enough cut that the boy had seen the wrapping underneath her shirt.

"What is that about, anyways?"'

Kris managed to stutter, "A few weeks ago I got hit by a bullet."

This was technically true, but she had gotten hit in the stomach, and not any higher. And yes, sometimes it still caused her trouble. "Besides, what right do you have to ask me?" Her voice got louder and shriller.

Kye quietly infiltrated the supply depot. By the time the sun rose, the sentries (who'd been up all night) were getting sleepy, and they were more interested in complaining about the long watches the government demanded than doing their jobs. Kye got to the depot, and picked the lock. It was pathetic, really. The army got only slightly better supplies than the rest of the country, and the rest of the country barely had anything. Kye took a day's worth of rations, spreading out her theivery so that the army wouldn't notice. She also took a small tent, a bedroll, a gun, and some ammo. Kye made sure that the door to the depot was re-locked, and slipped out via a small window. She sneaked away from the camp in the small amount of dawn light. 
Kye ate some of the rations. Military food was not the best, but at least it was filling. She didn't dare pitch her tent, and so instead just huddled under the shelter of a tree, and plotted out her next return to the depot.

Kris stormed out of the tent, struggling to put on her jacket, she walked angrily to a tree, not seeing anything but the boy's smug face.

By muscle memory, Kris grabbed a low branch and swung her body up, and grabbed a higher one with her fingers. She scaled to the top of the small tree and looke at her drawing pad, finally processing things.

Kye heard a rustling in the top of her tree. She looked up and saw an army boy up there. He appeared to be drawing something. Kye hoped he was distracted, gathered her things, and attempted to sneak silently away.

"Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap" Thought Hayate as he ran down the corridor with nothing to defend himself with but a few scalpels.

"Crap, okay which door leads out?!? It was that one, oh crap I am so screwed crapcrapcrapcrap" Hayate had been experimented on for the last few years, continuously being moved from facility to facility. This time he got lucky, if you can call it lucky, he was just moved here so the floor plan was fresh in his mind, the scientists had given him an anesthetic which was supposed to keep him under for 20 hours, but only worked for three. When he woke up he had expected to feel scalpels digging under his skin like he was used to but now he had nobody around, no cameras (they had obviously not seen him as a major threat) and nothing to stop him from escaping.

"Maybe, maybe they haven't noticed? Maybe it's all okay. Okay this door should lead outside, I just hope I can get away from here." He ran at the door as fast as he could, into another corridor.

"SHIT. WHERE AM I?!?!?! Okay, nothing to do now but keep running and hope I get outside."He continued to run around randomly, finally finding a door that looked to lead outside. When he ran through it he saw that he was in a sort of army camp in the early morning. He decided that by this point all he could do was hide so he ran with the light he had long forgotten shining in his eyes towards what looked like a tree, bumping into a girl with a bag of supplies.

"Oh god, oh god please don't send me back please please please." he said to her, pleading.

Kye was bowled over by yet another boy. Deciding that it was just not her lucky day, she asked him: "Send you back where?"

"To the doctors and the scalpels and to all those things, oh god no, they won't use any anesthetic if they find me, oh please please I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me just don't punish me for running." Hayate could not calm down, he was absolutely convinced that Kye was a soldier.

"Doctors?"

Oh, so this was one of those experiments. She spoke soothingly to the boy: "Don't worry, I won't be sending you anywhere. I'm on the run from the doctors too, sort of. Well, I would be, if I wasn't dead."

"You're not going to send me back? Thank you thank you thank you" Hayate suddenly became very aware he was only wearing a hospital gown which showed his scars and felt more panic coming.

"I'm sorry but you wouldn't happen to have something I could wear?" He didn't even think about her saying she was dead, he was used to cryptic people.

Kris looked up from her drawing and saw two people standing below her tree, chatting quietly. She smiled, they looked like a cute couple.

But unfortunately, that wasn't allowed. What was a girl doing in the compound, anyways?

She swung to the ground, stashing her drawing pad in a small bag on her back. She approached the two and said "What are you doing here?"

She eyed the boys nightgown and her eyes grew wide. An experiment and a girl were in the compound, and were talking quietly.

Glancing around, she quickly grabbed both of them by the scruff of their necks and dragged them to the shadows of a larger tree. She held her breath as a sentry walked by.

She turned to the two frightened people. "What the h*** are you doing here? You could get killed!"

She shot a nervous glance at the sentry again.

"I was being quiet until this strange kid interrupted me."

And indeed, Kye was. She'd also thought she was farther away from the camp.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry it's my fault but I had to get out of there I had to it's been so long since I could get out and I thought I never would again I'm sorry I'm sorry." Hayate began panicking again, trying to keep his head and failing badly.

Kale shook her head angrily and put a finger up to her lips. "You're missing my point. Why is an experiment," she pointed at Hayate, "and a girl," she gestured to Kye, "sitting around chatting in an army camp?! You're lucky I'm the one that found you!"

Kale leaned back against the trunk of the tree and stared angrily at the two of them, getting seriously agitated.

"I had to leave as soon as I could, the anesthetics weren't working well anymore and I could feel them cutting me open, changing my organs and examining my brain." Hayate was barely keeping himself from yelling, but he had come too close to freedom for him to screw it up now. "I have been played with for SEVEN YEARS! Give me one reason I shouldn't run."

Kris quickly covered his mouth and pushed them both up into the tree as the sentry came into view, rapidly approaching the tree. Kris sat down and pulled out her sketch book and began talking to herself while she drew.

"Hey Chris, I thought I heard someone over here with you."

Kris looked up, looking surprised. "Someone with me?! I don't have any friends. The only reason you like me is because I respect you."

The sentry looked confused, and they continued their conversation for about five minutes until he left.

Kris looked meaningfully up at the man. "Because if you do run without help, you'll die." She smiled at him.

Hayate was not expecting to be pushed against the tree, but realized why when he heard, Chris apparently, talking with someone. When Chris told Hayate his one reason, Hayate almost laughed.

"I had no idea that they were that kind to the other experiments! They wouldn't kill me, they put too many resources into me, literally! Hell I would welcome death if the alternative was going back there for the rest of my life." He was trying to ignore his cuts because he knew he would be pushed over the edge of panic if he focused on them. "If you don't believe me and think I'm being dramatic then tell me, how many other experiments get taken at seven? How many move facility every other week? How many are always first in line to be tested on?"

Kris's eyes narrowed angrily. His last comment had really hit her, and now she was pissed.

"Oh yeah? How many little girls do you think had their mother as a prostitute, their sisters as strippers, and their brothers all dead in the army? How many little girls do you think VOLUNTEERED to be tortured, experimented on, on and off for the first 15 years of her life because her mother was too ill to continue her sessions?! And how many little girls do you think had to disguise themselves as a boy to get into the army just because the doctors said that her 'DNA structure' was too messed up to do anything else with her, and so she didn't get any money to support her family from that?!"

A tear started to slip from her eyes, but she quickly squelched it with her thumb.

She turned away to watch the rising sun, her arms crossed. "Count your many blessings, kid."

Hayate was finally gathering his thoughts and calming down.

"Really? You think you are the only one who came from a slum? At least your parent gets paid, I was just taken with a permit leaving my mother completely alone." He decided fighting wasn't going to help matters "Okay we could spend all day playing 'who has it worse' but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Now first things first, where can I get some clothes?"

Hearing the boys' talking, Kye was reminded of just how good she had it, comparatively. "Wow, you guys make my life look great, and I've been dead since I was little!" 

[QUOTE="Sarem Gamblin]Hayate was finally gathering his thoughts and calming down.
"Really? You think you are the only one who came from a slum? At least your parent gets paid, I was just taken with a permit leaving my mother completely alone." He decided fighting wasn't going to help matters "Okay we could spend all day playing 'who has it worse' but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Now first things first, where can I get some clothes?"

[/QUOTE]
Kye told him: "They'll have spare uniforms in the supply depot. I could break in, if you'd like."

"That would be fantastic, sorry for making you do that though it just.. I would really rather not have to look at myself right now. Also I wouldn't last ten minutes outside dressed like this." Hayate was trying to force himself not to look at himself because he knew looking at his cuts would push him back over the edge of panic, but he would have to take a look in a mirror later so he could see what he had become.

"I'm sorry but could I come with you after? I don't really know where I am and I have no idea how to get out of here."

[QUOTE="Sarem Gamblin]
"That would be fantastic, sorry for making you do that though it just.. I would really rather not have to look at myself right now. Also I wouldn't last ten minutes outside dressed like this." Hayate was trying to force himself not to look at himself because he knew looking at his cuts would push him back over the edge of panic, but he would have to take a look in a mirror later so he could see what he had become.
"I'm sorry but could I come with you after? I don't really know where I am and I have no idea how to get out of here."

[/QUOTE]
"Of course. I move around a lot, so that will decrease chances of your being caught. Don't feel sorry for making me steal; I do it all the time. It's the only way to survive when you're dead like me."

Kris narrowed her eyes. She had been super kind and lenient with them so far, but they were talking about breaking into the army's things.

She put her hands on her hips. "No."

Suddenly, she had both of their arms behind their backs and was stretching them painfully. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't go report you now and turn you over to the army. You snuck into my camp, stole my supplies, and you expect me to just sit here and let you?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back