• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy let’s ascend - ooc page

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Tonkatsu

𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴
hi! this is where most ooc chats will take place for the time being <3.

Sorry for jumping to this thread suddenly :x. I actually really like what you have in mind for her! Honestly, I have no objections about her being more support-oriented. However, the last stage is a battle royale— Only one out of the five participants will win and ascend. I think being more of a support oriented god will prove to be quite a challenge (a fun one, though!).

I like the concept of her final gift, though you might have to specify what effects it gives to certain actions. perhaps before a fight, ma’at has the ability to set certain conditions in motion, and if they are broken, a certain effect would happen. “you must not fight with killing intent.” if the opponent does fight with killing intent, then it would occur a misfortune like losing their line of sight, or having their perception of time delayed, anything based on your own concept of her gift! it’s to keep her ability from being too abstract/wide.

of course at this point you can get creative, i think i’ll allow more overpowered powers based on the other participants’ powers. (if more people sign up lol).

originalmadi originalmadi

Sorry for jumping to this thread suddenly :x. I actually really like what you have in mind for her! Honestly, I have no objections about her being more support-oriented. However, the last stage is a battle royale— Only one out of the five participants will win and ascend. I think being more of a support oriented god will prove to be quite a challenge (a fun one, though!).

I like the concept of her final gift, though you might have to specify what effects it gives to certain actions. perhaps before a fight, ma’at has the ability to set certain conditions in motion, and if they are broken, a certain effect would happen. “you must not fight with killing intent.” if the opponent does fight with killing intent, then it would occur a misfortune like losing their line of sight, or having their perception of time delayed, anything based on your own concept of her gift! it’s to keep her ability from being too abstract/wide.

of course at this point you can get creative, i think i’ll allow more overpowered powers based on the other participants’ powers. (if more people sign up lol).

originalmadi originalmadi
Okay, that makes a lot of sense, thanks! Here's my thought process:

Ma'at was both the goddess who weighed souls to determine their afterlife and also the goddess who maintained nature's order (the cycles of the seasons, the movements of the stars, etc). The Egyptians thought that dishonesty or rejecting the way of ma'at (the societal and religious principles of righteousness) led to natural imbalances like famines, floods, and so on. For example, a blasphemer would later contract some serious illness due to his impure actions, or a wealthy merchant became rich because of his piety.

I think eventually her ability should be some kind of retributive justice mechanism -- I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but I'm thinking something along the lines of being able to "buff" or "debuff" based on how she judges one's actions? So, rather than forcing someone to tell the truth or do the most "moral" thing in a situation, her ability would be more based around rewards and punishments for their actions.

So the path for evolution would be:
1) A heightened ability to judge a person's intentions (do they mean harm, are they lying, etc)
2) The ability to influence fortune/misfortune for a person based on their actions/intentions. This would be along the lines of causing improbable but naturally-occurring events like finding a useful item/dodging a blow or tripping at a really inconvenient moment/losing something important, respectively.
3) The ability to bestow supernatural fortune or misfortune, but it would have to be proportionate to the actions of the individual. (This one I'd really like to hash out what sorts of things are fair/unfair since you'll be the GM and I'm always super wary about big powers in RPs, but I was thinking about things on the order of healing/ divine shields for good deeds and manifesting natural disasters/stampeding animals for bad ones.)

I kind of envision her more as a support character for the team rather than a physically or magically gifted character. What do you think?

Just quoting it to keep things in one place. No problem, thanks for bringing me over here! I really like that idea -- pre-set conditions before a big fight for big effects makes a lot of sense. It's also thematically relevant since it's similar to the 42 Negative Confessions on the Papyrus of Ani. They were used as a sort of declarative that they haven't sinned and were inscribed as a part of the funerary ritual (See them here), so maybe she could pick Negative Confessions to punish in battle, if that makes sense? so like what you were saying about not fighting with killing intent isn't exactly one of the laws in the Negative Confessions, but acting to kill could count as "acting with evil rage"? Or do you think that will be too tricky/up to interpretation?

Just quoting it to keep things in one place. No problem, thanks for bringing me over here! I really like that idea -- pre-set conditions before a big fight for big effects makes a lot of sense. It's also thematically relevant since it's similar to the 42 Negative Confessions on the Papyrus of Ani. They were used as a sort of declarative that they haven't sinned and were inscribed as a part of the funerary ritual (See them here), so maybe she could pick Negative Confessions to punish in battle, if that makes sense? so like what you were saying about not fighting with killing intent isn't exactly one of the laws in the Negative Confessions, but acting to kill could count as "acting with evil rage"? Or do you think that will be too tricky/up to interpretation?

That’s a great idea! I just read the 42 negative confessions. Would be interesting to see how it plays out in the end. And it doesn’t need to be “killing intent”, I was just putting whatever crossed my mind to give an example xD. I’m really excited to see your character! I do hope more people join in the end so we could start this Rp, aha.

hii! this seems really interesting lol, not sure who i want to try for rn but it'd probably be for a greek god. maybe zeus since he's the 'king of olympus' and he'd probably take losing his powers /very/ harshly considering his ego

hallo hallo~!
it seems like my favorite mythologies have been taken but Shinto is my next best thing :>
I don't have a confirmed god yet but I'll soon come up with :V

hii! this seems really interesting lol, not sure who i want to try for rn but it'd probably be for a greek god. maybe zeus since he's the 'king of olympus' and he'd probably take losing his powers /very/ harshly considering his ego
Thank you so much for showing interest! Play whoever you want! Though there's a little problem-- Aileas Aileas showed interest in taking the Greek God position too. I'll leave it to you guys to work it out somehow.

hallo hallo~!
it seems like my favorite mythologies have been taken but Shinto is my next best thing :>
I don't have a confirmed god yet but I'll soon come up with :V
Hullo :3. Thank you for showing interest!

That means we just need a Norse God and a Human. mindicree mindicree seemed to be interested in taking one of those roles, I'm gonna wait to see if they're still interested or not.
(if you see this mindi, reply! thanks)

Thank you so much for showing interest! Play whoever you want! Though there's a little problem-- Aileas Aileas Aileas Aileas showed interest in taking the Greek God position too. I'll leave it to you guys to work it out somehow.

Hey! Yes it seems to be a very interesting plot, can't wait to see what we can do with it ^^

Taking a Greek god was my first idea, but actually I can also take a Norse God - mindicree mindicree seemed to be more interested for the human? It depends on his preference ^^

Tonkatsu Tonkatsu
I'm going with Susanoo, the god of storms.
I'm almost finished with his abilities and paths of evolution, so I'll be able to post it very soon.
I have to say this is the first superpower RP where the limits of powers are a bit more lenient, so the abilities I gave him might be too powerful, so please tell me if it is and I'll adjust it appropriately :>

It was a hard decision, but I think I'll go with Hel. I feel like I can work with her a bit easier. If no one takes the human role, I can also do that.

Okay! So currently, we have
originalmadi originalmadi as Ma'at
mindicree mindicree as Hel
Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn as Susanoo
Aileas Aileas as the 1 human
incandescent incandescent as the Greek God (undecided)

Give me some time to finish the character sheets & lore and we can get started!
(my body's heating up, I'm scared tbh lol I think I'll get some rest first. Perhaps today/tomorrow-ish it'll be up)

Awesome~! Getting started is awesome I mean, not you heating up.
Although get well soon, hydrate :>
Highly anticipating this rp hehe

Sooo originalmadi originalmadi is going for a buff-debuff type character...
I think I'll go for a physical swordsman then with Susanoo.

Basing his skill set on his backstory and lore, he would be an extraordinary swordsman, wielding Kusanagi No Tsurugi, the legendary sword, Grasscutter.
(Yes Grasscutter was gifted to Amaterasu as atonement but for this RP I was thinking he'd be more interesting if he used it)

|Abilities and their Path of Evolution|
Grasscutter

Stage 1) Windforce: His sword is empowered by the winds, causing every blow to deal way more force than it seems.
Stage 2) Maestro of the Winds: He can adjust the amount of exerted force to make it deal more or less force.**
Stage 3) Master of the Winds: Using his sword, he can control wind patterns to affect himself, his allies, or his enemies.

Storm Manipulation
Stage 1) Basic Thundercloud Manipulation: Can summon small thunderclouds that can strike lightning once before dissipating.
Stage 2) Lightning Rod: Can adjust the size of all thunderclouds, as well as control their trajectory. May now strike lightning more than once.
Stage 3) Zeus? Who You?: Can now throw his sword at lightning speeds, lightning sold separately. ***

I have one more ability in mind, but I'll place this here so you guys can judge if it's too much. :X
**is this too overpowered? His dexterity in combat would be completely off the charts.
***only now do I realize how stupid it is to disarm yourself, so I'm open for suggestions here

Last edited:
I'm quite okay with the idea of the powers, a few questions & suggestions though!
1) I feel like Windforce & Maestro of the Winds should both be stage 2. They pretty much do the same thing and I want the first stage to be more grounded. The first stage still makes it seem like he's a demigod-- and the gods were stripped of their divine power to become a human. The gods won't be fighting in stage 1 of the rp, so don't worry about being underpowered!
2) Perhaps the stage 1 should be something like being able to see the direction of wind to allow Susanoo to predict where his opponents move. Or anything, up to you. Just something simple that other human's can't even tell Susanoo has.

the same applies to Storm Manipulation, stage 1 needs to be more grounded, stage 2 and three is ok. I'm a bit confused as to how stage 3 works, could you elaborate more?
Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn Thankyou!

By the way, do you guys prefer realistic/anime faceclaims?

I'm a bit confused as to how stage 3 works, could you elaborate more?

Ahh, Ability 3 is a complete wreck, I'm open to suggestions there actually.

I'm thinking for Stage 1 of Grasscutter, Susanoo will just be granted attributes of the wind. Enhanced speed, agility, flexibility, evasiveness, etc.

By the way, do you guys prefer realistic/anime faceclaims?

I'm completely fine with either.

i feel like i might be changing my god though since zeus seems kind of similar to susanoo?
oh nu, sorry to force you out of a god. im okay if you wanna stick with zeus, Susanoo is the god of storms, not necessarily lightning and thunder. :>

i feel like i might be changing my god though since zeus seems kind of similar to susanoo?
It's fine if you want to change your god! Though if you still want to play Zeus but don't want him to be similar to Susanoo, you could focus on other things he governs as a god. He's also the god of Law, Order, Justice so if you want to play on that it'd be cool. But of course the decision's on you :3

Right, sorry I didn't clarify that :(.. It takes place in Earth haven't decided a year yet but the living conditions would be similar to now (2020), but without the whole pandemic thingy. so internet, fast food, etc is a thing in the current time Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back