• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Let the Games Begin!

Carson smiled at the man after he seemed to enjoy the kiss. He wouldn’t go home with this man straight from the club that would be dangerous, but he was at least hoping for the mans number. He was disappointed when the man pulled out his phone and walked off.

Cursing himself for falling into being swoonedby a player he went to go find Chris and his girlfriend. Carson found them by the bar and Chris had a shit eating grin on his face.
“I saw that” Chris teased.

“I really don’t wanna talk about it I’m ready to go to bed.” Carson slurred.

Chris warped his arm around Carson since he was clearly very drunk. “I’ll call a cab and we will drop you off.” He told Carson as he patted him on the back.

One brownout and a cab drive later Carson walked into his home throwing off his shoes and flopping into bed before passing out.

The next day Keegan woke up drinking in a deep sigh as he stretched his arms. He gave a soft smile as he thought about his dear detective. He almost adored the way he blushed and the man's reservations, it was almost too much for the drug lord. He wanted the detective and lust would soon get the better of him. Still he needed to wait and be patient, and that meant laying low for a few days.

weeks later it would be time for the next puzzle for his intelligent detective to solve. He wanted to not only break the man's walls but also his reserve. He wanted the detective to not be able to live without him. However, he still had other things to worry about, other lives he had to justify risking. His own personal lust wasn't good enough reason, so he would make sure to make it worth their while as he always did. He was a man of his word, which was why he had so many loyal to him. Both of which were super hard to come by.

As it were the second puzzle once involved the predictable receptionist. She had been on leave since the traumatizing event. It was quite amusing how less confident she seemed, so it was easy to grab her from her apartment. This time they were in another apartment its resident currently no longer living.

"Let me go... please..." she begged before her mouth was stuffed with a cloth and duct taped shut.

Kayos looked at her as she laid helpless on the couch and then scrolled through her phone. His hand stopped on one name, Carson Greene. Jealousy filled his eyes as he looked over the woman, sure he knew the man liked other men, but that didn't mean he didn't like women either. He clicked on the view messages and scrolled through their chat history. It seemed platonic enough but that still didn't satisfy the jealous rage creeping up inside.

"Well my dear... It would seem that you and I have the same interest... and based on this previous conversation you like a certain detective a bit more than just a coworker." He said calmly and smirked as he saw her cheeks grow red only confirming his suspicions. After all the drug lord was a very perceptive person. "Now then, you might have gotten out of this alive... but it seems I can't let this flirtatious nature go unpunished." he told her only grinning seeing the fear in the woman's eyes. "how long do you think they will begin to worry and check up on you?" he asked her with a small smirk "for every day they take... i'm going to cut off a finger." he said sliding the tip of his knife up and down her arm enjoying her sobbing that only got louder in distress.

The door opened and Kayos looked up to see Darek in the doorway. "Everything is set." He said with a nod. Kayos smirked and pulled out a needle watching as Jenny's eyes went wide and she tried to struggle. "Don't worry... this will help you feel way better." he said plunging the needle into her arm.

Jenny's apartment was out of sorts as Darek planted some drugs heroine and left cocaine powder on the coffee table. Things were thrown about here and there and it looked like someone was in a rush to leave. Then there was a hastily written note of a number and letter puzzle to figure out which would lead them first to the graveyard where the next clue would await. After all they figured if she didn't' show up to work or call in they would look into it and check up on her, and if they didn't then they would improvise.

The schemes of the young drug lord always seemed over the top, but he always enjoyed his little games. He wanted to see the detective rise to the challenge and succeed, but he always wanted the detective to see that he was the only good in the world. He wasn't going to go that extreme with the receptionist but she was getting too close to his pet and he didn't like that. He needed to punish both of them. While he didn't want to physically harm the detective's pretty face, he figured this would teach him lesson.

Carson woke up the next morning hungover groaning and rolling out of bed on a desperate quest for water. He was a bit embarrassed that he had embarrassed himself in front of such an attractive man. There was nothing he could do about it it’s not like he would ever see Keegan again, even though he wished he could. The rest of the day his head pounded but he managed to go for a run and get some things done around his apartment.

The weekend passed too quickly before Monday hit again. His boss offered him leave after the incident Friday, but Carson didn’t want to give whoever did this anymore time to get away with it. He came in on Monday hoping to at least connect what happened to a file before looking into some leads. When he got into the office he realized he wasn’t going to have time to do so. There was a large stack of case files on his desk enough to probably keep him busy for the week. He huffed walking over, sitting down and opening the file. Great another gang shootout... it wasn’t like anything was going to get better in the city if they spent all their time on low profile cases.

Jenny wasn’t there that week and Carson didn’t blame her she was a secretary she had never seen that shit before. He just went through the motions for the next two weeks, trying to find time to investigate the incident in between cases. Part of him thought the chief didn’t care or was corrupt. Why would they swamp him with cases after someone in their unit was kidnapped ? something didn’t add up.

The third week after the incident Carson noticed Jenny was still gone and that seemed a little weird. He knew the secretary liked him a lot, maybe a little too much for a co-worker But she didn’t want to tell her he was gay because then it would get around the whole unit. But it was weird she was gone without saying anything to him. He decided to send her a text.
“Hey hows it going hope your not still too shook up about everything!”

After a day of no reply he worried something may be up. He called her cellphone. Sure enough no answer. Normally Carson wouldn’t be too concerned but after she was kidnapped once there would be motive for someone to harm her again. Maybe even she had made a deal with someone. He decided to go through the files and found the location of her apartment, and he walked over on his lunch.

Carson knocked on the door but it cracked open after the second hit. Something here was definitely fishy and it was confirmed as soon as he opened the door fully, hand on his pistol just Incase. The scene before him was a mess there were objects thrown around the apartment but the most concerning where the bags of what looked like cocaine on the table. Could it be that Jenny was corrupt and a user? Had she fled?

Digging through the scene he found another Scribbled word puzzle and his stomach dropped. This was the same guy. Carson scrambled to finish the word puzzle and it was indeed another address. Plugging it into his phone the location was a Graveyard. He ran to the subway to get on the soonest train down to the southern part of town.

The countdown had already begun and the poor receptionist already had three fingers chopped off. She didn't feel it though as they kept her on a heroine trip. "Careful.. I don't want her to OD" Keegan said as Darek gave her another dose. "I'm almost worried for you sweetie... it doesn't look like anyone is coming around..." he said rolling his eyes as the doped up female didn't seem to have much of a response.

A buzz from her phone alerted him and sure enough it was his dear detective. "oh.... someone does care." he said his voice was dark and cold. "Boys... get ready." he said to the other's in the room as they began to clean up any evidence of them being there.

"Keep the fingers... it'll be an excellent gift for the chief of police." Darek said as they cleaned up.

"Still trying to be that vigilante?" Keegan asked

"I just hate the fact that we are more honest than the chief of police." Darek muttered. He had his own quarrel with the police and their failure to help. The police departments negligence was the reason for his mother's death when he was younger. So he didn't have any issues with going along Keegan's games that would ultimately lead to their exposure, at least that was the goal.

The clue was at the graveyard a letter sealed in a plastic bag to protect it from any chance of weather. It was nailed to a tree high enough that it would be out of sight of those not looking for anything. The tree was by the grave of Darek's deceased mother but held little connection to the actual piece of paper. The paper held the next clue in some riddle of how the police were negligent and too busy for those they don't deem worthy of saving. It held the next address to be the apartment building.

They finished cleaning everything up making sure no finger prints were left. Keegan moved her into the bedroom untied now that she wasn't a problem being completely doped up kept her from barely able to move. They wiped down her skin with alcohol wipes and ran a lint roller overhear making sure there were no fibers. The only thing that was left were the stains of blood that was her own as three fingers were now missing from her right hand.

"ready?" Darek asked and then looked questioningly as Kayos gave her another dose despite her cries for no more.

"she'll most likely OD..."

"That's the point." Keegan said coldly as he wiped down her phone with a wipe and dropped it by her head on the bed.

Darek went to the stereo turned on elvis Presley music in honor of his mother they left the door unlocked and like that they were gone. No one around and those who were there thought nothing of it. After all it was so like people to not get involved with other people affairs or suspicions. It was what made what he did so easy, he knew how to just be suspicious enough to make others not want to get involve and move on. That was his trick, and it worked so far, even with the police whose job was to investigate.

Jenny was left laying on the bed unconscious her hand had a blood soaked bandage as the heroine worked through her system.

When Carson got to the graveyard nothing seemed off. At least this scene wasn’t as troubling as the last clue he had received. It was clear at this point the person who was doing this was getting some form of amusement by stringing him along in this game. Because there had been multiple notes that means there must be another clue. This location didn’t seem like the end goal.

Frustrated by being toyed with he began frantically searching the graveyard for another clue. Carson didn’t like the feeling of not being in control of the situation. He wasn’t going to let whoever was puppeteering him get in his head, and he wasn’t going to let him away with it either. After he had spent almost two hours looking he finally looked up and saw a plastic bag stuck suspiciously up in a tree. He jumped up and whacked it with a stick to get it down. Sure enough it was another note. This one was a bit more edgy than the rest blaming the police for some kind of issue. Carson agreed the rest of the police force were slackers. It made no sense they were toying with him. The second part was just the address for Jenny’s apartment. He assumed this person wanted him to go back. So he once again and got on the train.

The ride back into the city made Carson painfully anxious, and he couldn’t get off the train fast enough. He ran back to the apartment for the second time kicking open the door with gun raised just Incase.
“If anyone is in here put your hands over your head and drop” he yelled into the apartment walking in cautiously. There was music playing loudly which meant someone had been back, it was Elvis which was kinda weird but I could have been Jenny’s. He turned it off and walked into the bedroom and once again he almost vomited. Jenny was laying on the bed hopefully unconscious bloody hand. Fingers missing... that was mid certainly a gang thing. He rushed over to feel her pulse he felt nothing. He didn’t even feel like crying he just felt empty. She must have been involved in something Carson didn’t know about. He started to take pictures and collect evidence. He still had to do his Job unfortunately.

Keegan knew there would be a heavy investigation regarding Jenny so he told his men to keep a low profile and take a vacation. He would use that time to plot and scheme but later. That would be later, he wanted to get to know the detective now he also wanted to see if he learned his lesson.

The drug lord when to the club often enough that it wouldn't look suspicious to his inquisitive and very perceptive detective. It had been on the news since reporters would be all over a possible police corruption even if it was just the receptionist. The police would be busy with their investigation and keeping the reporters off of their backs or from spinning some wild lie regarding their department. It was always the same. Still Keegan couldn't help but be pleased with his work.

It was another Friday night and Keegan had been at the club more lately hoping to run into is lovely detective. He wanted to console him, comfort him. He was determined to get the man's number next time they met and one way or another there would be a next time. He sat down at the bar in his usual stool sipping his usual drink.

"you seem down." Roxy said her eyes raking over the man who just stared longingly into his cup.

"Just thinking." he replied not looking up.

The bartender smirked and crossed her arms "ohhh I know what pout..." she grinned as he looked up at her tilting his head. "You like that detective, don't you?" she accused.

Sure it was true and he was confident in that, and not really afraid to admit it, but the accusation still made him slightly blush as he cleared his throat and looked back down. Before rolling his eyes hearing her exciting gasp she did well that all females seemed to do.

"I knew it!!!!" She squealed.

"Roxy... don't get carried away." Keegan said knowing that look in her eye.

The rest of the day was rough for Carson. After he took as much evidence as he could before calling in a crew to clean up the mess, he had to go back in to the office to finish the rest of his files. But the incident from today kept flooding his mind, he just couldn’t see Jenny being corrupt. She was just too innocent.

After getting though the rest of the days work Carson was mentally exhausted but he knew there was no way he would sleep after his friend had died on the job. It was about 9:30 when he left the office and stopped for something to eat. By that point he was already out he might as well text get a drink. Another part of him secretly hoped that If he saw that man again he wouldn’t be as concerned by how terrible the day would be. He was certainly overdressed in a suit and tie But at least he didn’t look bad.

He loosened his tie as he walked in the club and scanned the bar for the man from a few weeks ago Sure enough he was there at the bar. He smiled looking away so that the man wouldn’t see him staring, and walked over the bar to order a drink. He stood strategically far enough away that if the man wanted to see him he could but he wouldn’t be bothering him if the other man had already forgotten about him.

"What can I get you?" Roxy asked as she turned to face the new customer and her eyes went wide as she beamed at the detective. "ohhhh….." she squeaked hardly able to contain her excitement. She waited for his order before turning to make it. her step a bit more bouncy than before as she hummed to herself slipping over to Keegan.

The drug lord looked up at the female bartender and raised an eyebrow when she stood in front of him in attempt to discreetly tell him that his detective was there. "Jeezuz Rox… don't make a scene." he muttered to himself while shaking his head, but looked over and grinned. There he was, his handsome detective. 'yes... let me help you relax... after all you had a hard day.' he thought to himself as he stood up moving over to him as Roxy put his drink down in front of him giving the detective a wink.

"Detective, so good to see you again." he said flashing his pearly whites to the man. Keegan's green eyes raked over Carson's body for a moment before looking down a slight blush to his cheeks as he let himself get carried away. Clearing his throat Keegan nodded "good to see you, I was hoping you'd come around again. I miss dancing with you." he said with a wink.

Carson was a bit confused why the bartender appeared to be so excited to see him.
“I’ll have an old fashioned, thanks for making my drinks doubles last time !” He smiled at her

He watched Roxie start to make the cocktail before she quickly walked down to the attractive man. Realizing she was probably sending him over he blushed, and pulled out his phone to make it seem like he had something better to do. He didn’t want to embarrass himself like last time.

Carson thanked Roxie and flustered, picked up his drink to take a sip as the love of his life moved in. He smiled at the green eyed man who seemed to be a bit more bashful today than the last time them met.

“It’s good to see you again too. I’m surprised you even enjoyed being around me dancing.” He said tucking a strand of hair behind his ear nervously.

Once again he looked into the mans ominous green eyes. “I never got your name by the way, I’m Carson.” He stick his hand out offering a friendly shake.

Keegan chuckled "well being a tad bit drunk does help." he said with a smirk before grinning even more. They had only formally met and well that was under Detective and he was just simply Mr. Reynold. Seeing Carson's hand held out to him he took it giving it a small shake before moving his hand across the man's palm and making their fingers interlock. "Keegan." He answered pulling Carson in closer.

There were moments where the drug lord wanted to take his detective and ravish him. However, patience was the name of the game, if Keegan took Carson now, then the poor man would miss out on all of the surprises and games he had planned. Now wasn't the time to get fully involved. He wanted Carson, yes, but he also wanted, no he needed his undying loyalty.

The drug lord was always particular in who he chose to work closely with him. He found the more broken, and the more damaged they were the more loyalty they had to give. Keegan was their rescuer, and he intended to be Carson's rescuer as well.

Clearing his throat Keegan gave another grin "Sorry about having to run off last time." he said while releasing his grip on Carson's hand so if he here to pull away their hands would drop, however if he didn't then they would remain interlocked, which was all right by him. "You were gone when I came back." he added before taking a long sip of bourbon.

Carson felt his face get hot as Keegan latched on to him had pulling him closer. He could feel the mans breath and he could tell the man was contemplating pulling him further.

“Well it’s nice to see you again Keegan” he smiled looking into the mans eyes. It was easier to read Keegan’s expressions when he wasn’t as drunk as the last time and he felt the lust between them. When he felt the mans grip lessen he held on for a second before releasing his hand so then to his drink.

“I’m sorry I just assumed you were busy and I was definitely too drunk to hang around.”

Keegan chuckled "ah, my detective can't handle his liquor hmm?" he joked giving him a small wink. "I do believe that night, drinks were on the stronger side," he said motioning his head towards Roxie. Although he liked his drinks strong, and paid extra to make sure it stayed that way.

The lust Keegan had for the detective was only ramped up by the alcohol, the patient drug lord was losing patience. The drug lord turned to his drink for the moment and smiled "Perhaps a better conversation over coffee where we won't lose our sensibility?" He inquired. Now was his chance to make the next move, a small coffee shop date. Nothing suspicious about that right? Keegan new he was playing with fire by sating this new obsession he felt. After all a detective and criminal could never work as a pair, but maybe if the criminal got the detective to see his efforts were all for not then the two could be together. It was Keegan's way of turning his fantasy into a reality, something easily done by not only money, but also by being the only drug lord.

There were others who tried to compete with Keegan, but they couldn't get their product as clean. It also helps to have a group of men clean of the very drugs they sold. The drug lord shared zero interest in ever trying his product. That's what underlings were for to ensure the drugs were clean. Keegan dabbled in everything but cocaine and heroine were the biggest profit followed by LSD and marijuana.

The detective would soon figure out their little game, and Keegan was not eager for it to end. Even waiting for the next puzzle to start was agony for the drug lord. Keegan wanted... no... needed the detective to want him as much as he wanted the detective. 'Wait for another game.' Keegan kept telling himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back