Advice/Help Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild RP design help. (Spoilers)

Kobe Nathan Wade

One Thousand Club
So I can't quite get the thought out of my head of staging an adventure for a band of misfits acrossed the BOTW map. It's just so huge and open to many stories and possibilities in game it's just begging me to do it. However I've never made an RP that a group has liked enough to post more than a character sheet, and if I tried to start a BOTW rp that died at that stage my heart might die with it. So here's asking to all the old pros, how do I design this so that people will want to play?

Here's a couple of the ideas I had to start with, tell me what I should keep and what I should throw away.

I was thinking of having the plot revolve around the fairies because (spoilers) they're spread out over the whole of the map and would give us an excuse to use all the locations. The time period would be between the time link fell in battle and the time he woke up.

Another element is stats. Now this is not, I repeat NOT going to be a dice rp. Mainly because I'm running it and don't have time nor the inclination to do so. However the stat system I was thinking of would keep mary-sues away. Not everyone can be the hybrid culinary expert, alchemist, Archer and swordsman Link is in the game. I figure the stat list would look as follows:

HP (Dnd rules. When character drops to zero they are knocked out.)
Stamina (Not gonna lie, loved this aspect of the game.)
Speed (self explanatory)
Strength (your character must be so strong to use heavy weapons like clubs. Haven't decided this number yet.)
Stealth (self explanatory.)
Attack (different from strength, as this applies to all weapons from bows to boomarangs)
Defense (Self explanatory)
Various elemental resistances will be applied based on armors, which I will allow characters to have any armor in the game as well as an armor they make up because I want to encourage creativity. The only stipulation is that armor must only have a buff of up to three.

Potions will also be an item in game that can up any one star up by a maximum of three points. You can probably tell how you're going to determine that when you make the potion.
Stats are basically only going to come into play when in PVP or boss battles. I'll assume at base stats of 1 a character is basically a bokoblin. Faster than a moblin but slower than a keese. You get the idea. I just hate when an honest to goodness fight breaks out between characters in game and then they spend the whole time dodging attacks and not being hurt by the ones that do hit because both characters have "superhuman speed, strength, and durability." So this is my solution to that. Your character is faster? Great they'll dodge more. But the characters with higher attack will wreck you when they do catch you. I also think I'm going to not have any sort of spirit orbs, so the base stats you give your character for hp and stamina will stay the same UNLESS you go to the horned statue.

So what do you think? Are my ideas absolutely garbage and that's why noone ever wants to play my RPs or is it just that I lack the necessary organization to put together a full enticing rp. (My personal theory.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back