• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Left To Rot (Main Thread)

Something had finally pulled Veera's attention to the present, the imminence of the docking procedure prompting her to put a hold on her incessant tapping for the time being. It was now or never, there would either be a catastrophic docking incident and they would all die-- or everything would be fine. She was hoping for the latter outcome. The sound of warping metal and plastic snapping under an immense pressure caused the Botanist to freeze in place, momentarily fearing for her life before realizing the cabin's destruction was at the hands of one of her own crewmates.

Veera's dark eyes were wide as she beheld Anderson's less-than-graceful ascent in all it's glory. Well, she thought, I doubt there's anything I can screw up enough to top that.

She undoes her restraints with much less fuss, standing on unsteady legs as she watched the mercenaries venture into the hex. It was now or never. She secured her helmet with the confidence of someone who had practiced this particular motion hundreds of times. It took only took a moment for her eyes to get used to viewing the world from behind the shaded dome of her visor.

She should realistically wait for the all clear before bringing her research aboard the vessel, but the tantalizing offer of the unknown was too much to ignore. With no immediate alarm being sounded, one could foolishly assume there would be no issues deeper in the hex. Veera seized one of the thick handles adorning either side of the white crate, tilting it slightly so the wheels imbedded on the bottom could find some traction. Once she had the container in a more maneuverable position, the once heavy-looking rolled across the shuttle floor with relative ease. She stepped backwards through the airlock to allow it to cycle, hoping they wouldn't need to make a speedy retreat. She allowed a moment for anyone else who felt like joining her to file in behind her.

Just as the mercenaries were about to enter the Hex, OAn gave a reply:

"Unfortunately no, sir. No unusual signals were received during the docking procedure."

A pause and the robot continued with a slight British accent, "I'm almost done with the preparations on the shuttle and will be joining you shortly after."

Magnus opened his eyes and let go of the armrests of his seat. With a sigh, he stood up and checked his suit for any damage. All clear. He waited for everyone to pass him and decided to rendezvous with OAn and go check the laboratory on the Hex.

He met OAn exiting the cockpit. They looked at each other for a while.

"I was thinking about assessing the situation on this station," Magnus said with a monotone voice.

"Great! I was also just about to..." OAn tried to reply with a less human but happy voice but was cut short as the man was already walking to the docking node.

If OAn was a real human, it would have felt something, but luckily androids like it don't have to feel certain things.

In the moment that the ship docked to the Hex, Rottweiler keenly wished that she were a mercenary, that she might also be granted the right to shoot a bastard in the face.

Unfortunately, she did not meet the height requirements.

Fortunately, she had a rubber band, a bunch of paperclips, and a fresh piece of bubblegum.

Pop.

At this rate, she’d be one of the last people to board the Hex, if at all. She was an engineer, and there was some heartwarming message about her duty being to the ship, but what-the-fuck-ever. If she stayed in the shuttle, that meant she could ditch everyone else when things went pear-shaped and get out alive.

She peered around the corner as OAn left the cockpit, and while both his and Magnus’ backs were briefly turned, she slipped in and sat in the pilot’s seat.

“Hell yeah, I’m the motherfucking captain now!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back