• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Left 4 Dead main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Midrick

She Konrad on my Curze till I Nighthaunt
Supporter
You wake up on a rooftop in the city of Allegheny, an infection has destroyed the populace of Pittsburgh and the surrounding area. A note from a soldier says that a pilot is picking up survivors on top of mercy hospital. First aid kits are around, as well as an ammo stash. There are no weapons around, but you being resourceful, brought your own. As you survey the broken city mobs of what used to be people roam aimlessly, the sky is overcast and as you look up, it starts to drizzle. You have a choice, stay in the city and pray for the government to send help, not likely, or take matters into your own hands and join the one who left the note.

Zacharie looked over the edge of the building, seeing a scattering of zombies below. Some were pressed against walls, either vomiting or clawing at their own skin, others fighting with each other and a few eating from the remains of either fallen zombies or...

A survivor like him who just didn't make it.

The smell of blood and death was rich in the air. Zacharie couldn't even remember what fresh air smelled like. What it felt like to wander outside and not fear for your life. What it felt like to not be hunted every second of the day. He looked at the note again.

"A pilot is rescuing survivors at Mercy Hospital."

It was better than not knowing what to do or where to go. He wasn't going to die here.

Ellis
"Aw shit." Was all that could be heard from the east corner of the rooftop. Ellis was dicking around with his Submachine gun as it had jammed. "That's just god-damn great, now ain't it?" He cursed to himself before smacking the thing on the ground hard once. A sudden click let him know that his percussive maintenance had worked. "I'll be damned!" He held the gun up into the air. "Back in business baby." The red neck walked back over to the table of supplies, sorting through the ammo, and grabbing what he needed. He took one of the med kits and stuck it onto the belt loop of his coveralls.

"Hey! Make sure ya grab some of this shit, it's hard t' find out there." He yelled over to the man reading the sign before muttering under his breath. "Hospitals are one of the worst places t' be explorin'. Hopefully they ain't bullshittin'." Ellis took his hat off and rubbed his dirty forehead with his forearm before placing it back on his head. It had started lightly raining, causing the dirt on his face to run down. He wished he hadn't been separated from the others, it was wise to travel in a bigger group, at least that's what he believed. It also made it less lonely if he was honest with himself. Ellis had always thrived on the company of people.

He threw the gun over his shoulder and walked over towards the door.

"We should get goin' before it starts t' pour. It's a lot harder t' hear zombies comin' if it's rainin'."

feverrayseda feverrayseda and anyone else up on the roof?

Zacharie glanced over when he heard the other man yell out to him. Ammo and aid, yeah, he couldn't forget them. He shoved a medkit into his satchel as-well as a few boxes of ammo. He only had his one gun, but he imagined they'd come across others along the way. It never hurt to have back up. He reloaded his pistol, just in case, and followed after the older man in the overalls and baseball cap.

It was strange to be with another person. Zacharie had been on his own for ages, and honestly couldn't believe that he was still alive. Not without injuries however, as various cuts and bruises marred his skin, the worst being a large gash in the middle of his palm that he kept bandaged. The blood had seeped into the cloth but there wasn't enough time to change the wrapping. Maybe if they reached a safe house?

"I'm Zach by the way," he said as he passed by the older man and descended the first few steps. The stink of must and blood hung heavy in the tight passageway.

Pat sat inside the train station counting rounds and mags, nothing much to do other than sit and wait. He tried to entertain himself as best he could, that meant exercise mostly, aside from servicing his weapons and restocking. The boredom was one of the worst part of being immune, most of his friends in and outside his unit had fell to the green flu, he had literally no one to talk to except Steve, and Steve was the freaking zombie banging on the safe-house door. "Fuck it." he muttered to himself as went over to the radio set on the table. before he did this, he went over to the door, pulled out his silenced pistol and shot Steve in the head. "Sorry bud." he said after he unloaded the mag and replaced the round he shot with the nearby ammo pile.

After sitting down in the chair and turning on the radio, he contacted the radio he found on the roof where he left his note. "Anyone out there, I say again, is anyone reading me?" His voice was flat and monotone, he sounded tired, he was tired. He was tired of all the bullshit, the zombies, the collapse, CEDA pulling out and quarantining anything outside Philly and the surrounding towns. He waited for a response if nothing came through he was likely to pull out and get to the hospital on his own.

feverrayseda feverrayseda HunterCameron HunterCameron

Ellis
"Ellis, some people call me El." He ascended the stair closely behind Zach. "There should be a safe house down and across the street. I think I saw a sign b'for I came up 'ere." He noticed one of the spray painted signs pointing to a different street, but decided to investigate the roof of this building first. A lot of the roof's in the city had supplies on them, from previous people stock piling and hoping to be rescued. He just happened to come across Zach while doing so.

They rounded down the stairs, continuing to the ground floor. He was hoping they would be able to wait out the rain, even if the ground was slightly wet it was dangerous. One slip and it was game over, you only had one life. Best not gamble it away on water.

"I hope there's clean shirts in there, mines gone rank. I smell worse than the damn zombies." Not to mention how ripped and chewed it had become. He liked his shirt, but he didn't like it that much. They were closer to the ground when they both had to step over a decapitated bloated body. "Poor bastard." The two men got to the last set of steps, and Ellis peered out into the hallway. It didn't matter how many time one would clear a building, more zombies always wandered through. When they saw that there were none he continued through the threshold of the doorway. "They mus' be distracted by the rain. Stupid things." He shook his head and lead the way to the streets.

"You take the lead from now on, if we run into a zombie you take 'em out with one shot. My gun makes more noise, I'd rather not have t' use it right away." He followed behind Zach, ready to give directions, and keeping an eye out behind the both of them.

feverrayseda feverrayseda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back