Other Learn Japanese and Korean with Me!

Loke Fullbuster

The Language Enthusiast
Interested In Learning Japanese Or Korean?
My name is Leo and I have been studying Japanese for 2 and a half years, and Korean for 3 months. I recently have found a sort of... Block in my path to learning Korean and Japanese but I think I have a solution to this. I decided to pool my resources and try to create a sort of classroom environment which proves helpful when learning languages. So what exactly am I trying to do? I want to make "Leo's Language Course." Every week I will have various lessons to help us all learn Japanese and Korean. Here is what I will be providing:

• Japanese and Korean powerpoints released with each weeks lessons and some practice.
  • Links to online and mobile resources people can use to study both Japanese and Korean.
  • A Discord server where I will provide lessons over voice as well as tutorials.
  • Japanese or Korean only periods of time in the Server where members wont be allowed to speak any other language than Korean or Japanese in order to retain everything.
  • Japanese or Korean movie/drama watching days in order to retain language by hearing how its used.
  • Tiers of membership ranging from student to teacher ensuring server longevity.
Does this sound interesting? I hope so. Remember this is all free but I wont start it unless I see interest in this. If you are interested or know Japanese or Korean and would like to be a teacher/advisor let me know below so i can get a tally and see if I will be commiting to this. Before I go here are a few things to keep in mind:

• I was taught Japanese by a teacher with an Asian Studies degree with a focus in Japanese. They are fluent and an actual certified Japanese teacher.
  • I am conversational in Japanese not fluent.
  • I am self studying at the moment and realy want to help others learn.
  • I am self studying Korean and am very beginner but we can learn together. (In need of Korean advisor/teacher).
  • This is meant to be interactive but I will have control over lessons and there will be rules but not strict ones.
Thank you so much for considering this and I hope you join me on this language journey!

If you do this I'd be interested in learning, but I the most knowledge I have of the Japanese language is what I have picked up from recurring words in Jpop songs.
And maybe a little bit of what I've learned from miscellaneous sources.

And I know like 2 Korean words from my half brother and half sisters mom who I have spent very limited time with, given that she was my dads ex wife by the time I was born.

Still, if you got it up and going, I'd be more than happy to learn.

I'm interested in the Japanese, however, I'm worried whether I'll have much time to dedicate myself to this since I also have college >~<

I've had Japanese class for a year and a half when I was about twelve. I have that ultimate otaku goal of not needing subtitles anymore at one point XD

I can read Hiragana and Katakana, and understand the language structure to an extent, so I'd be okay with helping the full-on beginners here and there too~
I had to abandon the class for reasons, but I never quit watching anime in my free time and later on was introduced to Vocaloid, therefore I've picked up a lot of expressions and words from these mediums. It makes me really happy to see my improvement every time I go back to a song and understand it a bit more >w<

My problem lies mostly with reading, writing and vocabulary. I have a good level of listening and a little of speaking. But my writing dies at Kana and my reading extends to a couple of Kanji that I know because I've seen them multiple times before, though, I can't write them because I don't even know the order of the strokes ^^'
In romaji I can write a lot more. (But that's cheating!)

I'd love to get my Japanese learning up and running again. It's incredibly fun and something I've always wanted to get back at, but don't have the budget to do so currently... This sounds like a great alternative!
Again, I just hope I can find the time to dedicate myself to this :3

Might have a problem with disponibility for the movie sessions too, I have a terrible connection D :

(Hahaha, sorry for the bible ^^')

Last edited:
I'd be interested in learning Korean. I studied it a bit a while ago, I learned some words and I can read hangeul. If you give me a bit of time lol.

I think I may be interested in this as well. I have watched anime for as long as I can remember, and recently became interested in Korean music, so being able to learn the languages would be awesome!

Interested In Learning Japanese Or Korean?
My name is Leo and I have been studying Japanese for 2 and a half years, and Korean for 3 months. I recently have found a sort of... Block in my path to learning Korean and Japanese but I think I have a solution to this. I decided to pool my resources and try to create a sort of classroom environment which proves helpful when learning languages. So what exactly am I trying to do? I want to make "Leo's Language Course." Every week I will have various lessons to help us all learn Japanese and Korean. Here is what I will be providing:

• Japanese and Korean powerpoints released with each weeks lessons and some practice.
  • Links to online and mobile resources people can use to study both Japanese and Korean.
  • A Discord server where I will provide lessons over voice as well as tutorials.
  • Japanese or Korean only periods of time in the Server where members wont be allowed to speak any other language than Korean or Japanese in order to retain everything.
  • Japanese or Korean movie/drama watching days in order to retain language by hearing how its used.
  • Tiers of membership ranging from student to teacher ensuring server longevity.
Does this sound interesting? I hope so. Remember this is all free but I wont start it unless I see interest in this. If you are interested or know Japanese or Korean and would like to be a teacher/advisor let me know below so i can get a tally and see if I will be commiting to this. Before I go here are a few things to keep in mind:

• I was taught Japanese by a teacher with an Asian Studies degree with a focus in Japanese. They are fluent and an actual certified Japanese teacher.
  • I am conversational in Japanese not fluent.
  • I am self studying at the moment and realy want to help others learn.
  • I am self studying Korean and am very beginner but we can learn together. (In need of Korean advisor/teacher).
  • This is meant to be interactive but I will have control over lessons and there will be rules but not strict ones.
Thank you so much for considering this and I hope you join me on this language journey!

Ooh! Japanese!

Nope, It never happened, which is a big shame I'd have loved to study languages with y'all u.u

If y'all are interested there is a book called Genki 1 An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese. It's a pretty good self-study book and can go anywhere from 50 bucks for a legal version to, well, free if you look hard enough. It's what I have been using to study on my own and I know it's the book of choice for my college.

To that extent, we can also do it ourselves. It would just have to be a kinda like group learning rather than teaching haha. I'd be able to help with the first few lessons of what's covered in the Genki book, but until I study more myself basic grammar is all I can hope to help with haha.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun how’re your Japanese skills? Feel like trying to make little self learning community?
I'd love to but given my current struggles with anxiety and trying to catch up to roleplays, I'm afraid I can't handle the pressure of trying to organize and maintain something like this... It might just add-on into stress and push me over the edge >~<

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun how’re your Japanese skills? Feel like trying to make little self learning community?
Maybe we could still do it but not necessarily have a teacher, but it's more of a group for us to share our new knowledge and help each other if we're struggling? Could do it on discord if that's the easiest platform

Maybe we could still do it but not necessarily have a teacher, but it's more of a group for us to share our new knowledge and help each other if we're struggling?
I'm thinking if we do indeed to this, that's how it would work best. I would be down, certainly.

I'll have the chance after lunch to do so as well. There's no rush though in the end haha. I was gonna get started on it unless you really wanna do it.

I'll have the chance after lunch to do so as well. There's no rush though in the end haha. I was gonna get started on it unless you really wanna do it.
I suppose it doesn't matter who sets it up lol, and yeah no rush ^^ I'm just a little eager because I tend to struggle trying to learn languages on my own haha

Dude I feel that. I’ve always struggled myself and Japanese is the first language to make sense to me haha.

Dude I feel that. I’ve always struggled myself and Japanese is the first language to make sense to me haha.
I've just barely been able to remember a few Hiragana and even then I still mix up what sound they are. Hopefully having a few people who are also learning it will be a help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back