• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Lazy Lit RP Search

TrashRabbit

probably from space
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
What does lazy lit mean, you ask as you clutch your style book and your prescriptive notions of rp literacy; shhh shhh, I say gently. Lazy lit to me means that I know that you know that I know that you know that we can both write just fine! We're talented writers who will post any length we're in the mood for. I'm very dyslexic, you see, and I am prone to spelling words of french origin very very wrong. Vowel order vexs me. And this is such a phenomenal deal breaker to people that I feel uncomfortable even asking them to rp with me. I'm an ancient anxious baby (say that three times fast) and I also work a lot, so sometimes tiny posts are smol and better than no posts. So if you're a creative rper, a fellow lazy-lit rper or a retired adv. lit rper who can stomach some inability to spell despite a creative writing degree, then boy howdy lets make some words!

Settings I like
Legend of Zelda- I am not really interested in cannon characters, I just want to play with the extended world. I ran a zelda rp for years in the dark ages so I have a lot to bring to the table if you're down to play skyrim in hyrule.
Pokemon- I have never ever said no to pokemon. However I cannot handle pokemon that talk, this is a deal breaker for many, I know.
Harvest moon- I love slice of life rps in sleepy villages. I like to build moments. I like the rp to take place over a long period of in game time. I like when we can treat the village as the character and build generations.
Fantasy- I can't think of a fantasy setting I wouldn't like
Scifi- I have read the entire cannon of 80's cyberpunk novels and love eclipse phase. Lets do this!
Urban fantasy- I love a good urban fantasy or paranormal romp. However, I'm not into vampires or werewolves. Deal breaker. I know.
Heist- I love heist stories, they're hard to rp but I mean we could try?
Superheroes- My favorite superheroes have simple powers used in weird ways. I like the settings for superheroes to be science more than magic. Deal breaker. I know.
Apocalypse- My favorite table top game is in fact apocalypse world! I am very excited for settings with zombies, settings without zombies, settings with no magic, settings with magic, settings with ancient relics, or settings without ancient relics. You name it. I want it.
Worldbuilding- I mean its not a setting, but Its a major interest of mine. Do you also love to world build? OH BOY

Tropes/cliches I like
Magic person/familiar- Ala Inuyasha or soul eater, I love dynamic duos with uneven power balances in their relationships.
Buddy cop dynamics- Whether we're playing magic detectives or post water wars bounty hunters this cliche gets me
Pirate ship found family- Whether this is an airship, a space ship or a shipship, I am always down to play a rag tag crew of anything!
Soft apocalypse- I love plants, books and solar punk, so rping a soft apocalypse where we slice of life like we're harvest moon as we slowly rebuild our corner of a dead world are great!
Travel- I love when the plot is that two people are traveling together and we get to describe all the wonders they encounter!
Psychic connections- Whether its two people piloting one robot or two empathy who can't look at each other, brain powers and intimate connections can have my phone number.
No face- I like to have characters who don't have faces?
Body horror- Its never really come up in rping before but I am big fan of horror.
Rescue from a state of being- I'm not a big fan of kidnapping plots or anything, I just really enjoy when a character is under some sort of curse, or strange cyberpunk circumstance they need and receive help with? Did a witch steal your face? Is your mind trapped in a computer? Do you need help?
Romance- an optional but enjoyable surprise!

About me
-Well you made it this far!
- I'll rp with you if you're confident to call yourself a lit rper, that's okay!
- I am over twenty five
- I work 8 hour shifts at capitalism
-I'm on PST and go to be before midnight or earlier. Deal breaker. I know.
- I have two degrees; one in creative writing and one in anthropology
- I live with my partner! I'm not straight!
- I usually play boys and will romance them with anything they have chemistry with, when I do rp girls its rare that I will ship them with dominant boy shaped things.
- I DM Tabletop games! Apocalypse and D&D are my two mainstays
- I design dice engines for forum style rps, its my pet project (I got rp of the month for one once ^.^)
-I have over 100 house plants. Deal breaker. I know.
- I can draw
- I like to be friends with my rp partners? Apparently this isn't super normal?
- I'm not sure if anyone is going to respond to this!
- the most important thing to me in regards to rping is having fun! if I'm not having fun I am liable to say just that, and that doesn't mean i don't want to rp with you! Only that in this moment, whether is a me a problem or an us problem I'm not having fun and that I want to find a good solution. Open communication is important and I expect you to tell me if your also not having fun so we can fix it.
- your still here, wow, can't wait to hear from you!

Where?
I'll rp over pms, a private thread, or discord.

Last edited:
hm...my interest was caught, I'm not very well-versed in fantasy yet but I do have a sci-fy one in mind if you are as interested as I am!

"Superheroes- My favorite superheroes have simple powers used in weird ways. I like the settings for superheroes to be science more than magic. Deal breaker. I know."

Let's talk.

I'm looking to putting together a small group for a superhero rp. So you know, while it may be influenced by Marvel and DC, it isn't either one. I am aiming for only having oc's. still interested?

Thanks for the offer but I'm really only looking for 1x1's right now!

Hey there!
I was wondering if you enjoy medieval fantasy settings? You did say all kinds of fantasy, but I figured I'd ask before spitting out a whole elaborate idea lol.

Hey! I'm definitely interested in a magic person/familiar thread. Mind if I PM you? ^^

Hey! I'm definitely interested in a magic person/familiar thread. Mind if I PM you? ^^
Sure feel free!
Hey there!
I was wondering if you enjoy medieval fantasy settings? You did say all kinds of fantasy, but I figured I'd ask before spitting out a whole elaborate idea lol.
Medievals good in my book! what are you thinking? Feel free to message me!

Lazy lit is exactly what my life needs.
Sometimes we all just gotta take it easy! What's your poison? I can't check out your profile so I gotta like use my words and stuff. A bold move. A mysterious man. feel free to message me!

Sometimes we all just gotta take it easy! What's your poison? I can't check out your profile so I gotta like use my words and stuff. A bold move. A mysterious man. feel free to message me!
I would love to message you but as you can see, the post amount has not updated and I am woefully unable to PM.

Bump! Met some new friends already, but I've got room for another I think, before I shut the thread <3

Hey there! If you're still open, I'm more than down to try writing something with you. I have a few prompts to offer and I can drop them down via PM if you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back