• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug Last Read (Minor Bug)

FaithWynters

The Cuppycakecreep
Supporter
Hello! Nothing super serious or world breaking here~low priority and all that jazz.

Since a few days ago (not sure when exactly) the last read date for conversation participants just appears as N/A.

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this--I searched through the bugs in the forum, but I didn't see it. Just thought I should let you guys know. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

upload_2017-3-9_23-24-45.png

Hello! Nothing super serious or world breaking here~low priority and all that jazz.

Since a few days ago (not sure when exactly) the last read date for conversation participants just appears as N/A.

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this--I searched through the bugs in the forum, but I didn't see it. Just thought I should let you guys know. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

Hello there!
I don't think it's a bug, but I could be wrong. But, in your privacy settings, there's an option for users to disable or enable "show last read date" in conversations. So some user's "last read date" show's N/A because they disabled it to not show their last read date.

Yes, it does mean that. Because for a partner of mine, last read date shows up until I send a new reply and then it reads as N/A until my partner has read the message. Then it goes back to the regular time.

This option is no longer available in user preferences. We are looking into fixing this issue. "N/A" means that their setting is stuck to the hidden option. "Never" means they have literally never read the conversation. xD

I don't know if this is a me thing or an RpN bug or a new feature but recently my PMs will say "N/A" as last read date, even when I know the person read it, because they just replied. It's really annoying; what is going on?

This option is no longer available in user preferences. We are looking into fixing this issue. "N/A" means that their setting is stuck to the hidden option. "Never" means they have literally never read the conversation. xD
So will this be fixed so that the times appear again or are we removing the option all together?

Then why answer this question lol.

Nonetheless, I just wasn't sure if you were saying it was being looked into to be fixed or that the preference itself was being removed from the site permanently. I do hope that it will eventually be fixed because it was useful and all. Thanks for writing me back.

I've noticed since the transfer that the profile icon indicating the latest poster in a PM conversation is not working correctly. A few show myself or the other party as the latest poster, while in effect more posts have been added or I was simply not the last one to post ( before transfer to Xenforo).

Has the function been altered/removed, or is it working incorrectly?

Has the function been altered/removed, or is it working incorrectly?
Yes. :P

It's not working right, and we've taken it down a time or two while trying to fix it, but it's still glitching.

This is a minor issue (I apologize if this has already been reported, but it never hurts to do so again just in case). I don't see it as important and in need of urgent fixing, but I've noticed it rather recently. I thought that perhaps it was due to the change as I know that a lot of stuff could restart; however, these two messages that I am a part of... my partner(s) in crime have replied to me multiple times yet it never updates their "Last read date."

There are surely more important things that web developers could be working on, but just thought I'd share this!
image1.png
image2.png

This is a minor issue (I apologize if this has already been reported, but it never hurts to do so again just in case). I don't see it as important and in need of urgent fixing, but I've noticed it rather recently. I thought that perhaps it was due to the change as I know that a lot of stuff could restart; however, these two messages that I am a part of... my partner(s) in crime have replied to me multiple times yet it never updates their "Last read date."

There are surely more important things that web developers could be working on, but just thought I'd share this!

Is their last date N/A?

If so that is a privacy option they set.

It says NA for all of my private messages and I'm in like 10 of them. Prior to a few days ago, this was not the case. I have changed no settings and my thing is set to show the last read date. But on all of the messages, for my partner, it says NA for their last read date. I thought Staff was saying this was a bug.

Last edited:
It says NA for all of my private messages and I'm in like 10 of them. Prior to a few days ago, this was not the case. I have changed no settings and my thing is set to show the last read date. But on all of the messages, for my partner, it says NA for their last read date. I thought Staff was saying this was a bug.

It kinda is. We've fixed it like twice. Technically it's supposed to only switch to N/A when a user wants to hide it so you can't see their last read time. Right now it just seems to be on by default sometimes.

It kinda is. We've fixed it like twice. Technically it's supposed to only switch to N/A when a user wants to hide it so you can't see their last read time. Right now it just seems to be on by default sometimes.

Alright. :) Not a big deal. I was just wondering if it was fixed and maybe I was doing something wrong on my end. But yeah, it seems to be permanently on default for me since the bug started. And I know I've had partners say that from my end it says the same.

Okay, let's see if I can word this properly...

I've been discussing the Last Read Date thing with one of my partner's for a while, and we were discussing how it's handy to be able to switch it off if we don't want partners to see when we've last read it. Through chatting, we figured out that the last read check thing in our privacy setting's seem to be... back to front. So, when you check that you would like to show your last read date it actually makes it N/A... And when you uncheck it, so people can't see it, it actually shows the last read date.

We weren't entirely sure what to make of it... but it seems that at the moment, whether people have checked it or not, it will show the opposite of that preference. Which is not exactly what people want.

So, yeah. Just thought I would put it out there and tell you guys, see if it's fixable or something.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back