• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lands of Nava

Time is morning, roughly 6 AM.

Those who were asleep wake to the crackling of a fire. Dezo and Katherine to be specific. Finally, after the battle that ensued, they're finally waking from their coma from lack of mana. Foolishly, both Dezo and Kat had used up all of the reserves in their body, Dezo didn't wait to coordinate and rushed to put the flames out. Same with Katherine, each you can tell lack true battle experience. Sitting around the fire in silence while everyone collects their thoughts, the witch will appear behind Kaito. "Good morning sugars!" She'll say with an energy of excitement.

Darkbloom Darkbloom Zura Zura stupid stupid Dezo

Dezo's eyes will open wide, still sticking to the silence. The witch? The freaking Green Flame Witch? What happened? You notice a stench in the air, a thick fog and the smell of searing flesh as if something had instantly been turned to ash. Dezo rolls backwards over the seat log he is sitting on and takes a battle stance. "Kaito, explain."

Darkbloom Darkbloom

Kaito stands up, finding himself stuck between Dezo and the witch. "Eri and I finished off the last of the flying creatures after you and Katherine used up all your mana. We were helping the people when a giant made its way here. Eri and I had it handled, until it transformed into a beast we couldn't possibly defeat or shield from. That's when..." it strikes him now that he hasn't gotten a name for the Green Flame Witch. "...uh, that's when this lady behind me vanquished it swiftly. No one here would be alive otherwise. Not us and certainly not the beastkin village. We need to know more before making any rushed decisions." SleepyConley SleepyConley stupid stupid Zura Zura

Dezo relaxes. I see, "I passed out, huh?" Reluctantly Dezo will engage in the conversation, "So, uh, you're friendly?"

The witch will say that her name is Holly, though she is quite used to going by the Green Flame. She will share her story. She will say how for most of her incredibly long life she has been hunted for her heart. A strong and primordial power, passed on from generation to generation in ritual. To get the power of the green flame, you have to consume the user's heart. She will say how she has had to live in the wild for most of her life as she can never enter into any towns or cities, often living on the line between the Tribal Lands and the swamp. The swamp for fruits and food, and the Tribe Lands was to interact with tribes that didn't wish to hunt her. One of which was just attacked. The witch had been staying at the tribal village, which is why it was attacked. Someone, very powerful, is searching after the witch.

She'll begin to talk about the old man, the creepy one from the tribe before, "I honestly wouldn't put it past him to have been the one who orchestrated this. We need to work together now that he knows about your marks." Holly will wink at the party members. There are a few of us who know, and now the old man does too. Let just say he has very watchful eyes. There are still more with the mark to be found. Together we can find them."

Dezo will listen, ready to reply. "After hearing your story, you're either a master liar, manipulating our minds with magic, or being really genuine. I'd like to believe in the latter. I don't have a problem with you joining us."

Zura Zura Darkbloom Darkbloom stupid stupid

Katherine wakes to the sound of people talking, she feels exhausted. "Crap what happened?" She'll think to herself. Her eyes can barely open, blurry, she'll wipe them and lean up. Dezo is having a conversation with the Green Flame Witch. THE GREEN FLAME WITCH!?

"Woah, woah, woah, woah! What is going on!?" An out of character response for Katherine who is usually composed, interrupting the conversation between Dezo and the witch.

SleepyConley SleepyConley Zura Zura Darkbloom Darkbloom

Screenshot_20240107-105225.png
Kaito was mulling over a position on a standard unenchanted shogi board. Katherine's outburst seems a bit off character for her, but is expected after the reaction from Dezo. Everyone who was awake may have noticed Kaito move the knight on the opposing side before Katherine woke up. "Sorry Holly, looks like you'll have to explain things again. I was hoping to avoid multiple explanations until everyone was awake."

SleepyConley SleepyConley stupid stupid Zura Zura

Eri will run over to the now fully awake crew, she was helping some injured beastfolk throughout the night and was rewarded some rationed meat. She'll walk back over to the crew, meat in hand, "Oy! OY!" A big smile on her face, teeth showing. Running over to the party she'll ask if anyone wants a bite of meat.

stupid stupid SleepyConley SleepyConley Darkbloom Darkbloom

Holly, The Green Flame Witch, will deny the meat. "No sugar, aren't in the mood for some of that... meat."

Everyone will gather around the fire and the witch will explain her story. Those who eat her heart, get her power, she'll explain the situation with the old man and the beasts that attacked, "These beasts are golems, infused with a human soul without their will, dark and corrupt. They've been hunting me the past few weeks and thought I was here at this village. Little did they know, I've been hunting them too. I'm not sure exactly is sending them, but I will find out. You darlings fancy teaming up?"

Dezo already gave his answer, he didn't see a reason not to team up.

Kaito will take the meat offered, biting into it. "Thank you Eri." After a few moments of eating, he replies "I'm sure it wasn't just me who noticed, but the old man seemed to be a little off when I met with him. I'm more inclined to believe Holly's story than the chief's. Though I would like to get the opinion of the beastkin at the village first before doing anything drastic. What they think about the chief and if they would have any replacements. Seems like the most logical idea to me. Dezo, if you could spare me a moment I know how you can be a better fighter."

SleepyConley SleepyConley Zura Zura stupid stupid

Katherine will wake, screaming, being louder than usual. Or at least, louder than she was on the carriage ride. Suddenly, shadowing Katherine's concern, Eri runs into the scene. "Oy! OY!" Eri yells!

"What is this a parade?" Dezo sighs.

Kaito will ask valuable questions. The witch will continue, "The old man has always been off, sugar. The beastfolk are afraid of him, believe it or not, he is the strongest person I know. And I know a lot of people."

Kaito will ask Dezo to help him with his abilities. "Yeah, I've been trying to get a hold on my powers but they're so complicated to use. I can use advanced shadow magic, but when it comes to full mastery over the shadows, I can do so much. But my mana, as a human, just can't seem to keep up. Especially where I'm of poor lineage."

Darkbloom Darkbloom Zura Zura stupid stupid

Kaito agrees to a piece of meat, taking a bite out of it. Eri will disrupt Kaito and Dezo's conversation, "So, so, hey, Kaito!? Pretty good, huh? Wait, stronger? I WANNA GET STRONGER!" Eri's eyes will glow with excitement.

"Let's battle!" Her smile as wide as ever, her sharp teeth showing yet again.

Darkbloom Darkbloom SleepyConley SleepyConley

Kat will watch, blushing she'll think to herself, "Crap! I can't believe I yelled, what are the others going to think of me now?"

The witch will explain her story, providing more details as the party talks. Apparently, the old man is crazy and after her for her heart to gain her powers. Eri will run into the scene and all three Dezo, Kaito and Eri will talk about growing stronger. Kat will anxiously speak up, "I- I want to get stronger too!"

Zura Zura Darkbloom Darkbloom SleepyConley SleepyConley

There was more interest among the group to improve than he had expected. "Everyone? Yeah, I can manage that. Come along everyone. I'll tell you some things you can improve on." Kaito sits down, beginning with telling Dezo how to improve. "It's not smart to rush into every fight you see. Since you're able to manipulate shadows, you don't need to get too close to the fighting. Think before you act. Use your mana wisely. Don't reveal all your tricks before the opponent. That way, whoever you fight has alre burned through a lot of energy while you still have a lot left. For example, I used about thirty percent of my mana in that fight."

He addresses Katherine next. "Much of the same applies to you, as far as mana goes. Releasing all of it into one attack works sometimes but it won't work all the time. With your summoning, you can determine the amount of mana needed to take down one enemy by making your summoned help slightly stronger each time until you find the perfect level that can deal with enemies." Eri is next, because she fared pretty well. "I don't have too much for you, Eri. You have a good understanding of what you can do and your style is more appropriate to charge in and kill as many enemies as possible with your living weapon. I can support your movements by enhancing your attacks with wind that will speed up your movements, or anything else."

Campfire.jpg Turning Point 1 - Part 2

As dawn breaks, the remnants of a once-thriving tribal village lay in ruins. The skeletal remains of buildings, charred and barely standing, punctuate the landscape. The air is thick with the acrid scent of smoke, a chilling reminder of the devastation that has occurred. The morning sun peeks over the horizon, its rays providing a slight respite from the cold. Our party, whether they’ve been up all night or just awakened, has found the witch they’ve been seeking - Holly. She possesses a unique and formidable power: the absolute flames. These are no ordinary flames; they are relentless, consuming everything in their path until nothing remains. Yet, this power is a curse. Whoever consumes Holly’s heart will inherit this destructive force. Holly explains that she had been pursuing the very beasts who mistakenly believed she was in the village. Their paths finally crossed, resulting in a catastrophic clash. Despite the assistance of our party, the damage was already done. The village, nestled at the intersection of Fantasia, the Tribal Lands, and the Swampland of The Shore, was reduced to ashes. Its idyllic location made it a prime target, yet its presence in the Tribal Lands meant it was often overlooked. Holly continues her tale, revealing the true nature of the old man who initially offered our party the bounty. He is a vile, toxic individual, yet he possesses a strength that even Holly, the Green Flame Witch, finds impressive. It’s no wonder someone of her caliber is on the run. Throughout the day, our party interacts in their unique ways - some indulge in a hearty meal, others embarrass themselves, some maintain a calm and composed demeanor, offering assistance to their comrades, while others are simply grumpy. As the day progresses from morning to early afternoon, the party and Holly gradually become acquainted, forming bonds amidst the ashes of the destroyed village.

The time is now 12 PM, start of the new week. Monday. (For simplicity's sake, we're going to be going by real world days of the week and time!)

The beastfolk, their features a blend of human and animal, emerge from their makeshift shelters. Their eyes, filled with a cold, menacing intensity, fixate on our party. Each glare is a silent accusation, a reminder of the destruction that has befallen their home. Holly, the witch with the power of absolute flames, is the reason for their suffering. Her power, now shared with our party after a spectacular display, is a force too formidable for the beastfolk to challenge. The thought of reclaiming their honor is quickly dismissed, replaced by a sense of resignation. Their heads hang low, weighed down by the shame of their impotence against such overwhelming power. With a collective sigh, the beastfolk begin their day. The task ahead is daunting - their village, once a bustling hub of activity, now lies in ruins. Yet, they are undeterred. Piece by piece, they pick up the remnants of their shattered homes. Plank by plank, they start to rebuild, each nail hammered in a testament to their resilience. The air is filled with the rhythmic sound of work - the scraping of shovels, the hammering of nails, the shifting of rubble. Amidst the destruction, a sense of unity prevails. Each beastfolk, regardless of their strength or status, contributes to the rebuilding effort. Their determination is palpable, their spirits unbroken. As the morning gives way to early afternoon, the village slowly starts to regain some semblance of its former self. It’s a slow process, but the beastfolk are relentless. Their village may have been destroyed, but their resolve remains unshaken. They will rebuild, not just their homes, but also their lives. And in doing so, they will prove that even in the face of adversity, the spirit of the tribe remains indomitable.

The party will move out into a field and under Kaito's training will improve their skills. Remember to think of all the things your character has in their possession, it might be a good idea to make a notepad with all the stuff your character has on them currently so we can realistically act accordingly to what we have and acquire.

Our party will pack up their supplies and head out, following Holly. She'll explain, first things first, we can either go to the swampland to the kingdom of Grog or to Fantasia and the kingdom of Aznozia?

Suddenly, a young beastfolk cub runs to the party, "W-w-wait!" She'll nervously proclaim.

"I'm the village chieftains daughter, well, I guess, I'm the village chief now." Shaking her head, her eyes looking at the ground. Obviously in distress.

"I know this is your fault lady. But, I think, we can get stronger together. My dad would be against it and most of the tribe is! But I'm not. With your help we could really make this village flourish."

The party has come to a crossroads. Do they go to Grog, Aznozia, or help this quaint village repair? Each has its own benefit, risks and rewards. Be wary adventurers.

Holly will speak, "I don't have time for this nonsense little cub, I have people hunting to have my head, well, erm, heart. However, if the rest of you want to, I might stick around, could entertain me a bit."

Zura Zura Darkbloom Darkbloom stupid stupid

Katherine finds herself under the intense gaze of the beastfolk villagers. Their eyes, filled with a mix of fear and resentment, follow her every move. The beastfolk, once proud and fierce, now look defeated and scared. Their homes, their sanctuary, had been taken from them by someone they now found themselves reluctantly aligned with. The Green Flame Witch, Holly, had instilled such a deep-seated fear in them that they were unable to stand up for themselves, their honor forgotten in the face of survival. Katherine, a beacon of morality in the group, can’t help but question the ethics of their actions for grouping with the witch, but what other option did they have? She watches the villagers, their faces etched with despair, and wonders if they are doing the right thing. The sight of the beastfolk, so powerful yet so helpless, tugs at her heartstrings, making her question the path they’ve chosen. As they prepare to leave the village, their belongings packed and ready, a small beastfolk cub approaches the group. Her eyes, wide and hopeful, reflect the innocence lost too soon. She asks them, her voice barely above a whisper, if they could help rebuild their village. Her request hangs in the air, a poignant reminder of the devastation they’ve witnessed.

However, Holly, the Green Flame Witch, had given them an ultimatum. They could either journey to Aznozia, a lush oasis kingdom nestled in the heart of Fantasia, or venture into the swamplands, home to the formidable kingdom of Grog. They stand at a crossroads, each path leading to a different destiny. Katherine, driven by her strong sense of morality, feels a pull towards helping the villagers. She envisions a village, not just rebuilt, but stronger and more resilient than before. She sees the beastfolk, their spirits renewed, their homes restored. She knows the path she wants to take, but the decision is not hers alone to make. The group must decide together, their futures intertwined. The crossroads await their decision, the echoes of the beastfolk cub’s plea still lingering in the air.

stupid stupid Darkbloom Darkbloom SleepyConley SleepyConley

Kaito watches the beastkin villagers work, deeply saddened yet amazed how they can remain resilient despite current events having wreaked havoc on everything. Yes, it was Holly that brought this destruction upon the town due to being hunted for her heart. He doesn't want to leave the village like this, and something worse might happen if they leave to take care of the old chief. The village is too vulnerable. They don't seem to have any fighters to ward off such a horde of attackers again too. Kaito steps forward to speak to the new chief. "I am deeply sorry we couldn't get here in time to prevent further damage. I agree with our team member Katherine. My parents always taught me to leave a place better than when you found it, therefore I can't in good conscious leave the village looking like this when I can assist in rebuilding. I can't speak for the rest of my party members, but point me wherever you need the most help and I'll get to it. I'm feeling fine after a nice long sleep last night." His enchanted shogi board materializes next to him. "I can use this to help rebuild." He stands next to Katherine and puts a hand on her shoulder.

Dezo, remaining silent watches the beastfolk as they rebuild their village. Thinking to himself about how he could help the villagers with his newfound powers. An oasis between Fantasia and The Swampland of The Shore, situated right in the middle of the two. So much adventure awaits, but this situation is dire, and it is Holly's fault, someone the divine told us to look for. So she must be special, perhaps it is so the power doesn't fall into the wrong hands, the absolute flame, a ravaging power.

Duch.jpgA beastfolk cub, young and insecure, the new village chief by lineage, has asked our party to help in reconstruction and protection. Dezo will wonder, "Are they sure they want us, along with the witch, to help? I mean this all happened because of her. She shouldn't linger any longer." However, Dezo could use this as a testament to test his strength. To practice his shadow magic, to create armor and weapons for the beastfolk made of materialized shadows. He could create an army together with his newfound friends. He could make a paradise that competes with other nations. I'm sure together the party could change the land from a dry environment, to a lush one, deciduous and fresh. An experiment. He could try to strengthen his mana reserves by constantly using it all up and replenishing it. Similar to endurance training. Reluctantly, along with Holly, he will decide to stay and see what he can do. To see how the party can mold this young beastfolk chieftain.

Dezo will ask this cub what her name is, she will respond, shy and nervous, "I- my name is Duch Remal, village chief of the Remal Village!"

Dezo will think, "Remal, huh? That name has got to change..."

A new adventure awaits our party now that majority vote has declared to stay. Kaito, Katherine, Holly and now Dezo. All that is left is Eri and I'm sure she will enjoy the battles to come. However, a party member can go a separate way.

If a party member chooses to go a separate way, they will eventually meet back up with the party or choose to return on their own will. They will meet unique characters and unique scenarios. But unique scenarios will happen within the village too. Any choice you want to make, anything you want to do, you can do it. Picture is Duch during the raid on the village!

Zura Zura stupid stupid Darkbloom Darkbloom

Last edited:
Eri will watch as the villagers give her an evil eye, her own kind. Though I guess this is to be expected, like the rest of the group she decides to move on, though her heart is shattered. She'll play it off cool though, as she always does, trying to make things feel hardier and more alive. She'll put her hands behind her head, resting them.

She'll overhear the conversation the group is having, her hammer will speak, "Eri what is this nonsense, we don't have time for this! Hurry take the witches head and claim her bounty!" Eri will huff and blow, "No dummy, we can't do that. Now hush. you're annoying."

The hammer will reply, "You idiot! An opportunity awaits to get rich so you can pay the aethereal forge blacksmiths to upgrade me, mmm, that would feel so good to get cleaned up."

Eri walks towards the group ignoring the hammer, "Hey, hey, hey, don't ignore me dammit!" The hammer will yell.

Eri will say, "Shut up you idiot!" And let out a sigh of small laughter through her nose.

"So what's with all these decisions and when can I fight again?" Raising her hammer and relaxing it on her shoulder.

The group will explain the situation. "So everyone wants to stay? Okay! I can teach them the Hammersoul technique and fight them and train them! Hehehe!" A wide smile, Eri has.

Michelle would follow her senses for many miles, feeling the presence of others marked just as she was. A long black cloak covers most of her body and a hood obscures her features. The sunlight has never been kind to vampires and she needs to cover up to avoid feeling drained during the day.

The more she walks, the more a burning scent catches her attention. It smells like burning wood. Michelle’s step quickens, sensing the marked individuals getting closer, being right where the scent of burning wood comes from. She would quickly find herself looking at a ruined town with buildings destroyed and homes burnt to the ground. It’s a miserable sight, though there seems to be a lack of death, which bodes well.

Standing in the center of all the devastation, Michelle would spot a group of individuals who all reek of the mark’s scent. With them is someone else. Whoever this woman is she appears to hold great power. They’re all surrounded by dejected and saddened beast folk who seem to be working to rebuild what Michelle presumes to be their destroyed village.

She would approach the group, her bright red-yellow eyes peeking out of her hood. “Excuse me everyone, sorry to intrude but I couldn’t help but come by when I detected the scent of smoke. If there’s anything I could to help rebuild I’d be happy to lend a hand.” Michelle would stop and bump herself in the head. “Sorry where are my manners? My name is Michelle.”

As the group makes their decision to stay, to rebuild. The young cub's tail will wiggle with excitement. "Really!?"

As the group begins to talk and chatter amongst themselves, Kaito will be the one who helps rebuild the village. Dezo and Katherine will be trained by Kaito and Eri will train the beastfolk. However, suddenly a woman appears, claiming her name is Michelle. She will have bright red-yellow eyes, glowing, piercing, something was off about her. An immortal? No, no, no, a cursed. The vampire will lend her aid.

Dezo thinks, "This woman is strange. I wonder... does she have the mark too?" Unaware of the woman's true race.

He'll examine Michelle, and ask, "Seems sketchy, what do you really want?"

RoninN7 RoninN7 Zura Zura stupid stupid Darkbloom Darkbloom

Michelle will take a step back as one of the group examines her. He seems suspicious of her, clearly aware that she has motives beyond just aiding a village in need. She will clear her throat and hold her hands up, showing no weapons and getting into a peaceful position.

“I promise I really do want to help. That isn’t why I’m here, however…” Michelle senses the mark on this one, and on the ones around him. She will then turn her hands over to show the mark. “I get the feeling you have one of these too…”

SleepyConley SleepyConley Zura Zura stupid stupid Darkbloom Darkbloom

Hm... I should probably start with the houses. That seems to be the immediate need. The recent conversation hasn't escaped his notice. Kaito knows what a vampire is but he doesn't yet connect the dots to this newcomer being one. It's normal to wear hoods in hot weather. Upon seeing the mark, no further confirmation was needed. "Welcome to our little ragtag group of misfits, Michelle. I'm Kaito Hiroshi. We could use all the help we can get. I'm going to start with the houses. That makes the most sense to me." Kaito leaves the gathering.

Under the shadow of an expansive twilight sky, Kaito stood at the outskirts of the half-destroyed tribal village. The remnants of huts stood in disarray, scars of magical battles etched into the very fabric of the settlement. Embers of enchantment lingered, casting an ethereal glow over the scene.

With a determined gaze, Kaito unfurled a canvas depicting the enchanted Shogi board. The intricate patterns on the canvas seemed to come alive, resonating with the magical energies that permeated the air. He carefully laid the canvas on the ground, securing it with stones at each corner.

As Kaito began to move the Shogi pieces across the canvas, a soft hum of magical energy enveloped him. The Gold General glowed with a warm radiance as Kaito strategically positioned it at the heart of the village. Elemental energies surged through the piece, and the air shimmered with anticipation.

The Silver General danced gracefully, weaving illusions that mended the torn structures. Illusory images of huts reconstructed themselves, overlaying the fractured reality with a vision of restoration. The Silver General's movements seemed to synchronize with the rhythm of the village's heartbeat, breathing life back into the wounded homes.

Kaito's focus intensified as he unleashed the Lance's sonic disruptions. The echoes resonated through the ruins, dispelling lingering shadows of destruction. As the Lance moved, it harmonized with the elemental forces, creating a symphony of sound that echoed through the village, clearing away the remnants of chaos.

In a pivotal moment, Kaito brought forth the Rook. Elemental forces gathered around the piece, and with a sweeping motion, the Rook channeled the essence of wind, fire, water, and earth. The Elemental Storm Surge surged forth, sweeping through the village with a surge of magical rejuvenation. Crumbling structures reformed, and the air itself seemed to purify.

The Dragon King, now the promoted Rook, took center stage. Its protective aura extended over the village, and with a burst of magic, it summoned a spatial manipulation that optimized the arrangement of the newly restored structures. The Dragon King's presence radiated a sense of guardianship, overseeing the village's rebirth.

As Kaito concluded the intricate dance of the Shogi pieces, the canvas beneath them glowed with the culmination of magical energies. The once-broken village now stood revitalized, bathed in the soft hues of enchantment. Kaito, surrounded by the harmonious aftermath of his Shogi magic, observed the village's transformation with a sense of satisfaction and hope.

Speaking to the family next, he says "I know this won't cure the pain of your losses, but I sincerely hope it's a step in the right direction. Let me know if you need anything else. I'll be here if you need it." And thus he continues making houses this way throughout the day until he's almost exhausted his mana. He hopes he made enough shelter for everyone as he lays back in his cot.

SleepyConley SleepyConley Zura Zura stupid stupid RoninN7 RoninN7

Last edited:
Dezo will watch as Michelle gets into a peaceful position, showcasing that she is also unarmed. Also revealing her mark, Dezo will think, "Of course, I thought our party was going to be the only with marks, but it makes sense there would still be others. We all need to work together, our destiny's are now as one."

He'll begin to speak out loud, "Michelle, it isn't that I don't trust you or anything, but I want you to answer some questions. Where are you coming from, where are you going, the witch? Did the dream mention her?" He'll nod over towards Holly.

Meanwhile, throughout the day Kaito has worked to restore and enchant the village and lands. This part of the Tribal Lands has changed into a tribal oasis.

Dezo will be inspired by Kaito.

Watching Kaito all throughout the day after his conversation with Michelle and Holly, he will feel a sense of inspiration and begin to work with the local blacksmith, the only who survived, to help create armor and tools. Shadow metal, a type of metal that Dezo can materialize using his power. It is just ultra condensed shadow magic. Only possible as the Shadow Monarch. The armor is durable, tough, and light. Ideal for beastfolk warriors. Dezo will think, after a hard days work, "Now that the village is being repaired, the warriors are all geared... I believe Eri said she was going to train them. I'll have to make some shadow hammers for them."

Things are looking up for this small village.

The Village of Remal.

Darkbloom Darkbloom RoninN7 RoninN7 Zura Zura stupid stupid

Eri will smell Michelle, running over and sniffing her all over.

"You! You smell.. hm.. WAIT! I've smelled this before, my friend 20 years ago, he was a vampire! He was a traveler who passed through the tribe, he got aquatinted with much of the folk before leaving, anyway, I'm rambling. You have the mark too! We're sisters now, hehe!" Eri will grin, her fangs showing, eyes squinting, yet full of mystical optimism.

"Come on sister, I have villagers to train, come help!!!" Eri truly lives in her own little world and runs off into the distance towards a field.

Doing her part, like she said she would, Eri would go and begin to train people. Taking the role surprisingly serious. I guess, she was in awe of what Kaito had done. Soon, the warriors would arrive wearing black armor and welding black hammers after a break. "Dezo?" She'll ponder. Regardless, this made things easier for Eri. She didn't know much about the armor, other than that is was light and let you take a hit. Perfect for the kind of training she was about to put the villagers through.

"Just you wait, give me a week and I'll have these villagers fighting like true warriors. They might not live by the Hammersoul way, but I can teach them to fight like the Hammersoul way. It won't be as effective if they don't live by the way of the hammer, but they will still make fine warriors. Hm. Should my clan ever die out, I will have ensured the technique lives." Eri will talk to herself out loud.

RoninN7 RoninN7 Darkbloom Darkbloom SleepyConley SleepyConley stupid stupid

Last edited:
Kat will anxiously watch as everyone around her talks, each so sure, each so seemingly composed. Kat wasn't much on talking, yet growing up in elven nobility you'd think she would be used to it, even if it was a secret-nobility type deal. Nobility is nobility, and that is where many of her social trauma extends from. Though, she will act, she will steel her mind, she will be composed too. Dezo, Kaito, Eri, Holly and now Michelle. Apparently Michelle is a vampire and a marked, so another piece of the puzzle got added to the collection. Kat was smart, she was accepted into the Royal Academy of Magic before her current fate befell her. She knew a vampire wouldn't confront that many people in daylight alone, whether or not they had protection from the sun wouldn't matter. The hood would get ripped with so many people. Then the vampires powers would plumate. This marked vampire was genuine, she could feel it in her soul. She wishes Dezo wouldn't press her so hard with questions, but doesn't say anything.

Later:

Watching Kaito restore the land and raise the buildings, seemingly enchanting the whole land had her drop to her knees in awe, "So inspiring Kaito," She'll whisper as she walks past him. Checking out the village she seen Dezo working with the blacksmith to help him learn how to properly mold armor and weapons as well as giving the blacksmith his own few chunks of shadow metal to play around with. "Interesting, I guess everyone is trying their hardest to help." Kat's faith in the group had been restored. I guess everyone else felt just as bad as she did and now they're all helping while she is just being useless.

Continuing to walk, she'll notice Eri is training some of the villagers. They're coated in black armor and wield black hammers, each being taught the way of the Hammersoul tribe. She'll spot a few scrawny beastfolk villagers, sitting down to the side of Eri's training field, out of breath. She'll over hear them saying they don't know if they'll ever be warrior material... Ding. She has an idea. - Since Eri is sharing her traditional technique, why not share her traditional technique as well? Summoning. Kat grew up being taught summoning magic by her father, she was a prodigy and learned very early how to make pacts. She could use her knowledge to teach some of the less physically adept villagers summoning magic. She'll walk over to them and ask them if they know who she is, she'll explain she is working with the village chief, Duch, to help rebuild and strengthen the village. She'll explain further that she is also friends with Kaito, the man who restored the village and ask them if they'd be interested in growing stronger even with bad endurance. They obviously, excitedly, agree.

"Lady, lady, you seem awfully young, even for an elf, how old are you?"

Kat will respond, "Thank you for noticing, I'm only 126 years old." Not realizing the beastfolk was trying to hit on her. "Now, let's get to work."

Out in a nearby forest created by Kaito, she'll put her beastfolk villagers to the test. Demonstrating and explaining everything there is to know about summoning magic. With the poor literature skills the beastfolk posses, reading isn't going to cut it. The entire way they're going to need vocal and visual advice and demonstration. A hard feat, but one Kat feels like she was destined for. They might be creating an imbalance of power within the Tribal Lands, but this is a village influenced with their actions. They have a right to protect it. Nobody else saw what they saw, fought the battle they fought. And even if they weren't the true victors, they were willing to fight till the bitter end. Even if we did have to get saved, so what? This village is apart of them now, for better or worse.

Slowly but surely, throughout the day, the folk were starting to learn the fundamental basics of summoning magic and could even draw basic pacts. A start is a start.

Zura Zura RoninN7 RoninN7 SleepyConley SleepyConley Darkbloom Darkbloom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back