• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Land of Wings

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Olissa

One Thousand Club
Layana Sercress
Up high in the sky, far outside of normal eye, a land floats through the air. Even though it can not be seen, it can be reached, and it is far from desolate. The entire land, and especially the Capital is bustling with life. Mainly winged beings live here but non winged too roam these parts. It is peaceful, having no enemies at their borders, and is justly ruled by an angelic household (monarchy). At this moment the Queen is the sole ruler, her husband having died a number of years ago and left her childless. She lives in her palace at the Capital and oversees the entire city.

The sky was clear blue with not a single cloud in sight when Layana made her way through the busy market street. She had heard a rumor of a medicine man that would be able to help her with her little wing dilemma. Unfortunately the guy was either not in, or just a hoax, because there was no one to be found aside from the crowd. A sigh escaped her lips before she squirmed out the end of the street and into the more regular roads.

She had only arrived here a few days ago, but she had seriously thought that she would have been able to find a few answers a bit sooner than this. Lazily Layana ran her hand through her hair and looked from left to right. Where the heck was she? This place was so huge and spacious that it was near impossible to remember every street, for her at least. Was it left, or right to go back to the inn. She sighed again. Under normal circumstances she would have just spread her wings and flown up to figure out where she was, but she couldn't do that now. Well, she could, it just wasn't smart. This darn bat like wing just threw her balance completely off and had grounded her basically since it started to deform. Oh what she wouldn't give to just be able to fly again, get rid of this stupid smooth wing and have her soft fluffy 'cushions' back.

It had been a long travel from her home town to here, luckily she had been able to hitch a ride on the back of a farmer's wagon till halfway the way. The rest she had been walking. And more walking she would do today. She went left in hopes of going the right direction and started walking down the road.

NKONmbl.png
New Beings in the Land of Wings
fiodDyX.png

"Oh gods, it's you. What the hell are you doing in my shop dressed like that?" The onerously displeased, and resigned, voice belonged to a man that could only be described as a middle-aged cherub with graying chestnut curls and an aura that defied anyone to call him cute and live.

"My clothing was torn during skirmish, then shredded during ambush. Reprimands are assured if I am not conventionally clothed immediately. Can you proffer aid for financial recompense?" Eoin replied with a straight face as he stepped through the doorway of tailor's shop in nothing but a swath of gray fabric tied loosely about his waist that reached down to his mid-thigh.

"So, you lost everything including your smallclothes, yet you managed to keep your coin? Fine, I'm sure I have something in your size. Come in, then. You're scaring the passersby." The cherub sighed as he waved the wivean in and disappeared into the backroom of his shop, where he kept clothes for his largest clientele. He returned shortly to find Eoin standing calmly before the front counter. "Here, strip and put these on." The cherub flicked his wrist and a bundle of clothing sailed past over his head into Eoin's outstretched hand. Rolling his eyes he snapped his fingers and conjured a circle of folding screens around Eoin just as a swath of gray fabric hit the polished timber floor; he'd forgotten to mention the changing room, again.

Eion swiftly donned the black trunks and mud brown breeches he'd been given. Both articles were of simple design but made with peerless craftsmanship and fit snugly; the trunks allowed the breeches to show the muscled contours of Eoin's legs while preserving modesty. Kneeling first to retrieve his makeshift loincloth, Eoin stepped through forward through the conjured screens, which rippled and faded away at his touch being mere illusions. Reaching into the hidden inner pocket of the length of cloth, Eoin gave the cherub a questing look. "How much coinage do I owe you, Alexis?"

"It's the usual price, Eoin. You know I only accept favors from you. I need you to head into capital proper, and make some deliveries for me. These are all early, so just make sure they're completed before week's end and send me a bird after you've completed the last one. Any questions?" Alexis waved off Eoin's offer to pay and summoned several wrapped parcels from the backroom with a crook of his finger. Each individual bundle carried a card with an address and a name, they alighted on the front counter before Eoin until there were seven in total. The last parcel was followed by a rolled scroll that carried a list of each of the parcel's intended destination and recipient. The scroll landed atop the pyramid of bundles as Alexis arched his left eyebrow at Eoin, in question. "This is the usual set up, by the way."

"Then I have no questions. Past experiences provide sufficient knowledge for this endeavor." Alexis nodded in satisfaction as Eoin stuffed his makeshift loincloth into his pocket, threaded his arms through the waiting loops of each package and grasped the scroll in his left hand of which three packages hung from his left arm. Checking that the weight of his burden was suitably equalized, Eoin nodded at the cherub once before turning and striding out the shop, and turning right to take the road into the inner walls of the Capital. Bending low to the ground, he sprinted for 12 feet before making a running leap catching the air with his wings effortlessly. He could easily do a standing jump or even just flap up from a standing position, but wings the size of his caused a great deal of backdraft and he'd been told once before that such careless disregard for the affairs of other was only permissible in states of emergency, which this was not.

Within five minutes, Eoin had crossed the flight wall, a magic advisory dome-barrier that notified flying creatures that the were within the Capital's no flight zone, and was forced to land, but even that short flight had reduced his travel time by fifteen minutes of walking through crowds. It was here that he took a moment to search through the list on his scroll to map out the most efficient route by wich he could make his deliveries. Hopefully, all the customers would be home to receive their packages.

Last edited:
Quarry walked through the crowded capital. Beings of all shapes, and sizes walked side by side. He did notice a lack of other griffins but that wasn’t a big surprise. He was on his way to the stand he’d set up yesterday to try, and make a profit from his adventures. He found the stand turned on its side. Really he said mentally. Trying to right the table. He understood the rebellion was all griffins but this was ridiculous.
“You can’t take a hint can you” said a humanoid flashing a knife. I don’t want any trouble said Quarry backing away. “Yeah well I’ve lost family to your kind’s stupid raids, and the royals aren’t doing anything about it, so I’ll give my own warning” said the humanoid. Following Quarry as he backed away.

Last edited:
"Kaythina what in the Queen name do you think you're doing??"

Kaythina simply turned to look at her mother. Sure she didn't look too happy, considering he knew exactly what Kaythina was about to do.
"I was going out" Kaythina tried to force a small smile to reassure her mother that nothing bad was going to happen. Yet her mother still shook her head as Kaythina reached the door and swung it open. "Mother I promise, I'll be safe this time."

"I won't help you if and or when your father finds out about these things you do"

Kaythina just waved a hand and headed out of the small building that held their home and their shop. Stepping out she was able to for shift her wings to their true size, and length down her arms. Giving them a quick stretch. She's not allowed to have them in normal form in the shop as she has larger wings than her parents and she sometimes manages to knock things over. Plus she finds the small wings adorable, as they become some accents to her. Kaythina smiles checking them over and running her hands slightly over them soft white to pink feathers. She did her best to keep herself as healthy and looking her best as she could. She picked at a feather than seemed a bit lose softly removing it from her wing. She thought she was so lucky to get such a pretty scheme of colours for her wings. Especially compared to her parents. Her mother's wings were a soft gray hue with hints of brown and her father had black and amber coloured wings.

Once checking her wings for any more loose feathers, she shifted into her smaller dove form and took even further to the sky. Flights above the capital city were always so nice. Mostly because the capital really was a sight to be able to look at. She was glad to be able to be alive during such a time. So where was she flying to today? For once it wasn't another street fight she was looking for. So, for now, she'll just fly over the merchant area of the Capital and see what happens with the people down below.

Eoin wove his way through the pressing crowds without trepidation, but not without difficulty; the Capital's market district, known colloquially as Clinking Palms, was always swarming with bodies this early in the morning. By the grace of some god or another, Eoin had set out early enough to catch most of Alexis' clients before they'd even left their homes. A few of them were even waiting at their door for Eoin to show up and hand them their packages. These were the customers that were used to Alexis' fastidious punctuality, and weren't surprised to see Eoin making the deliveries. Sadly, Eoin's good fortune had ended with his handing over of the 6th package, for he now had to brave the most dangerous portion of Clinking Palms at this hour, Butcher's Boulevard.

"Watch the wings!"
"Stay outta m' way!"

"Hand over the cutlet."
"How bout my fist?"

"Victory! The last one."
"Back away from that steak you frigid northerner b--!"

Ahem! Yes, well carrying on...​

Deciding to err on the side of caution and common sense, Eoin made a strategic retreat from the Boulevard with the resolution to return around noon, when the traffic was sure to die down while everyone was enjoying midday meals. Turning his back on Butcher's Boulevard for the comparatively more controlled chaos of another section of the Clinking Palms, Eoin meandered in the direction of one of the Capital's many tavern to begin the search for the remnants of his erstwhile comrades.

As he allowed the tides of the crowd to lazily propel him towards the nearest tavern, Eoin suddenly found himself stepping between a withdrawing griffin and a humanoid male wielding a knife and a threatening expression. Had he been paying active attention, Eoin could have flowed around this situation with the indifferent crowd, but he'd allowed his mind to wonder as he wandered and proceeded straight into the middle of things. Now that he was here, there was no doubt in his mind that he shouldn't simply hope to continue on his way; the looks this humanoid were now tossing his way were not promising in the slightest.

"Hm... Excuse me?" Though he had intended to make a serious statement, by deepening his voice slightly, the apology was delivered with a threateningly interrogative tone. The fact that he had turned his entire body to face the humanoid giving the illusion of shielding the griffin was the fault of sheer carelessness. It was at this moment that Eoin halted himself with his unblinking gaze settling on - and acknowledging for the first time - the reality of the unsheathed blade before him. I may have made a mistake. He thought before bringing his eyes up to meet those of the blade's wielder.
Yahhah Yahhah

Last edited:
Quarry stopped backing away. A victim of circumstance had stepped between them. Sure it was lucky for Quarry. Bought him some time. Well if he picked up a weapon and fought back it was doubtful the law would be on his side. The aggressor growled. “You’ve got three seconds to walk away, before I cut off your wings, and display them beside my new griffin skin rug.

"I am unfamiliar with most social conventions, but accosting fellow citizens of the Land, with weapon or fist, is considered illegal." Eoin was unfazed by the threats made against him; he'd endured far worse on multiple occasions. He was also unafraid of the bladed weapon before him; he'd fought worse and won. "Cease and desist this violent behavior immediately... please." He add the last word as an afterthought. Many children had told him that "please" and "thank you" were magic words that made people want to give you what you asked for. He was inclined to attempt diplomacy before subduing this aggressor physically.
Yahhah Yahhah

Last edited:
“Alright listen close. That thing isn’t sensible. I’ve seen’em fight. No mercy. You might say that one’s not here to fight. There are a couple different kinds. Everybody knows that. That’s the violent kind. I’m not going to kill a good citizen of the capital but if it stays. Someone will die. Sooner or later” the aggressor warned. Putting away the knife, and walking away. “But this won’t be the last you’re seeing of me, creature” said the humanoid. Walking away. Quarry sighed. Thanks for that said Quarry mentally.

Eoin ruffled his wing feathers slightly as the tense situation dissolved and the agressor walked away. He gazed after the male with open consternation; he hadn't expected "please" to work so well. Also those parting remarks gave him an unsettling sense of foreboding. Shrugging his shoulders, he turned to face the griffin that was thanking him silently.

"No thanks is necessary. I was simply upholding the laws of the Land. It is one of the many ways in which I can repay my debt to society." Eoin replied in a neutral tone bereft of any inflection. Being thanked for inserting himself into the affairs of others was an uncommon occurrence.
Yahhah Yahhah

Last edited:
Quarry was confused. In griffin society honor was to be upheld by oneself. He also looked around. None of the other creatures had upheld the law of the land. It was quite different at the capital. Well, where I come from, I’d have been dead to rights. So in my eyes it warrants thanks. Said Quarry.

"I doubt very much that he would have been able to murder you, but your gratitude is noted and appreciated." Eoin gave a simple nod of acknowledgement before continuing. "Why was that male treating you in such a hostile manner? It seemed to be quite the personal matter." Which means he shouldn't be asking, but Eoin was hoping this griffin wouldn't realize that he was prying; it is apparently considered rude to pry into personal affairs.
Yahhah Yahhah

Last edited:
Thinks I'm with the griffin rebellion. Probably because I'm a Sorinjr, although I'm not even with the main society of griffins. He shook his head sighing. It was probably his sister Ruby that killed that creature's kin. Or maybe it had been Brimstone. They both had joined the rebellion. Although to be honest it was only frowned upon in front of the other races. Quarry imagined the Sorinjr representative secretly hoped the rebellion would come out victorious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back