• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic {KRYSIN}

Phoeniana

The Mild Amusement
1579133237065.png

"They have said it is the new game that is sweeping the nation! For years, America, Japan, and many other nations has dreamed of an advance source of leisure and entertainment such as the likes of this one. Now, in the year 2117, we have finally found the gaming system of the century!"

"That's right, Barbara. Retail clerks say that they have to take items off of the walls just to make room for this new system. It hit down in America about 3 weeks ago and has traveled through the ears of big corporations across the globe. KRYSIN, they call it. The new virtual reality game of the Millineum! It is rumored to have a distinct connection to the human body. There is a small, one-sized helmet that goes completely over the head, all the way down to the tip of the nose. Inside the helmet, are neurotic wires that magnetically attach to both sides of the temples."

"Yes, and along with that, are three other wires. One connected to the base of the neck, triggering the spine. Another at booth shoulder blades. These neurotic sensors pick up the different electrical neurons and brain waves through the body, transmitting them trough the wires and into the helmet. Did they say how the game will play, Randy?"

"No, not yet. Information hasn't let out that far. There is supposed to be a "Rule and Guide Virtual Lady" inside the game itself that tells people the basic do's and don'ts of the game. My guess would be a fantasy type game, much like the modern or old timey RPG's of the century."

"Yes, well, studies show that KRYSIN had even passed the charts of the 5D televisions that came out sometime in mid-March. Gross sales have not been calculated yet, but I am almost positive that they are up there."

"Ahhh yes. Right you are Barbara. Well, to the viewers at home, we at MIY4 news say: If you don't have KRYSIN in your home in the next week, then you belong back in the pilgrim ages!"

1579485120886.png
Three weeks. It had been three weeks since Krysin was released and Thalia just now got the gear in. Normally she would have gone to the midnight release of the game but, alas, school made its call. She had just finished her qualifying exams the previous week and she had to study her ass off for that. Now she could relax for another two years when her final thesis was due. Thalia walked into her apartment, holding two boxes that held the beloved system. Locking the door behind her she headed to the desk that sat in the corner on her living room. Living in a one bedroom apartment it was the only spot big enough to keep her pc equipment. "Shoo Chessie. Mommy will be mad if you make her drop the boxes." Thalia used her feet to shoo away the tabby cat that was currently rubbing up against her legs. She loved the little girl because she kept her company in the lonely apartment but sometimes she was super needy. This was one of those times.

Finally getting the cat out of the way Thalia scurried and placed the boxes on her desk. She had already moved things around so that she could set up the system when she got home. Thalia powered on her computer and then went to pour Chessie some food before heading back to the desk. Her violet eyes sparkled as she began to unwrapped everything. Now that the cat wasn't bothering her she could do it unhindered. Taking out the VR set she made sure to plug everything in. She took a seat and opened discord to message her gaming friends, letting them know that she finally got the system and game. Thalia patiently waited for the system to boot up. She would wait for some of her other friends to boot on before getting on herself. She liked playing new games with friends at first so they could learn together.

Last edited:
Louise

"This one... here, and this one here." Louise was sitting on her bed. Several wires were connecting some spots of her body to her new gaming device. She was a bit frustated at the setup since she's not used to using these kind of VR system, but, she won the device from the lottery at the nearby convenience store so it would be a waste to not at least try it.

Now that the setup had been finished, she grabbed a can of coffee milk and gulped it down. Truthfully, she's a bit nervous. What if the device make her nauseous? What if she actually forgot something important, like turning off the stove or preparing materials for tomorrow class?

No, no. She already check those things at least three times. She should stop worrying and try to enjoy this. Right, right. She booted the system and let her consciousness be taken into the game. The sensation when she first entered the game was... hard to explain.

Bright colors, too much bright colors. She felts like freefalling into a bottomless pit, while spinning uncontrollably. Some messages popped out in her mind, but she was sure it wasn't something that was initiated by her mind. It's a bit terrifying, letting something else gain access to yourself. Ahh, she felts nauseous. If she vomits here, would she vomit in real life too? That would be bad right? Considering she was in a sleeping position, the vomit would clog her throat.

Maybe she was thinking too much. Maybe she's just never a good match with VR system and should just suck it until she got used to the sensation. Gathering all her wits, Louise skimmed through the messages scattered through her minds. Starting appearance, in game name, preorder bonuses, global release celebration, developer's note.

When she closed the last message, she felt like she just crashed onto the bottom of the pit, in an unexplainably satisfying way.

cecilia+(1)_upscaled_image_x4.png

Loise found herself laying on her stomach in some kind of plaza. She's not hurt, but she felts like her real body just fell from her bed.. She hoped that wasn't the case. That would be embarassing even if no one was watching.

aren-1-jpg.668391
"Yes, yes Mr. Jackson, the report would be done on Monday." I said while writing in my notebook the details my boss was giving me through the phone.

"Oh, thanks, God. I was worried it would be too much work for only you, but you never disappoint me, Naga. You surely have a bright future hahaha~!” I was able to catch the relief in his voice.

"Thank you Mr. Jackson, and don’t worry, I can handle this." I let a sigh escape.

This report was part of a work we receive at the last minute, a campaign about online and home safety for full dive VR. You know, things like ‘turn off the stove ’ or ‘feed your cat’. Due to this being a last-minute thing, all my workmates were already busy, me too, but my boss didn’t bother about asking them, he just straight called me for this work. And yes, I expect a good payment for this!

“Did you receive the package already?”

"No… What package?"

“Oh, didn’t I tell you? Our client sent us one of the gears for our research, but as you are the one working on this, I told them to send it to your apartment”

"Wait, wha-" At that exact moment, someone knocked at my door. "I guess it just arrived"

“Oh, perfect! Then test it and gather all the information you can. And why not? Have some fun, I heard it was pretty awesome”

"Yeah, me too…"

We said a quick bye and I went to the door. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting this, I thought using some common sense advice and information from the internet would be enough to do this campaign. I obviously heard about KRYSIN, even if I don’t play as many games as I used to, I kept in touch with the news, and holy molly, KRYSIN was some BIG news, as being the first full immersive game was expected.

When I opened the door, I saw a guy holding a cardboard box with one hand and a tablet with the other, and a face that looked as he really needs sleep.

"Yo, are you Aren Naga?" Said the delivery man while chewing some gum

"Y-Yes, is me"

"Cool, please sign this so I can leave." He extended me the tablet and a stylus pen. I signed and he gave me the package. The guy didn’t waste any more time and left.

"Thanks, I guess…" I didn’t mind that more and closed the door. Even if I didn’t expect this, I can’t say I wasn’t excited. This is a big thing, something I only saw on movies and animes like Shield Art Online. This is literally the future. "Well, let’s see what we got here".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back