Music Kpop

ClassyCasey

Weirdo
I really like kpop but I don't understand some of the things in the fandom like wth is 'oppa' and what does 'stan' mean like whyyy

Oppa is used by younger females to address older males, but only those close to them ie. a brother, a friend, etc.

Noona is the same but for younger males to address older females.

"-sshi" is a formal suffix used to address a person you're familiar with but not close to, ie. everybody that isn't your friend or family. It's used after the name like "Yoona-sshi", "Jonghyun-sshi", etc.

If you got anymore questions I can help as well haha

oppa was one of the very first words I learned after I starting listening to Kpop :closed eyes open smile:

Bts 2ne1 and big bang I'm not a obsessed fan you if someone dies from there favorite kpop band is gonna commit suicide (cringy) or would wanna drink there piss (cant tell me a crazy fan doesn't want to do it) or something no I'm I'm normal

Stan is another way of saying you stand up for someone or something. So like you stan a group or an idol means you adore and look up to them

I call my husband "oppa" in aeygo style because he loves it haha. But when he's being annoying or mean, he gets demoted to "chingu" which he hates haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back