• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy KoT: Beyond Odyssey [OOC]

CJAlex

Nebulous
Odyssey Banner Project.png

In Character | >>Out of Character<< | Character Archive

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
H.P. Lovecraft
This is the OOC thread for my (upcoming) role play, KoT: Beyond Odyssey. This is an original story of mine based off of the books I'm currently writing. If you are interested in joining, you may request permission here. I'm always looking to take on new members to the team. You can read the interest check thread here.

Some Ground Rules
  • I value forward-moving, aggressive role players. I know that this is "my" story, but it's a role play, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you can bring to the world of Astria. So, rather than this being a rule about "ask me before doing something", it's about what annoys me the most: doing nothing but waiting for something interesting to happen. If you see an opportunity, go for it. I don't mind you reaching out to run an idea by me, but don't feel afraid to add to the fantasy.

• All that said, please don't go nuts and cause mayhem that would interfere with what other players are trying to do. You're not the center of the...uhm... multiverse.

• If you want to add a supporting character to the story to control along with your main character, you can submit their CS to the Character thread with the others. There is no limit to the amount of supporting characters you may have.

• If you want to add a non-player character (of significance) to the story that anyone can freely control, the same rule above applies.

• Do not release copies of the Compendium to anyone outside the role play group without my permission.

• Do not use extensive BBCode formatting for your IC posts. That means no borders, tabs, scroll bars, backgrounds, and other frilly crap. Keep it clean, keep it simple. Floating images are fine, so long as they don't distract too much from the reading.

• Similarly, don't color your dialogue or do anything else to make it "stand out". Using standard paragraph formatting does that for you. Surprise, surprise! And, for heaven's sake, don't use smaller-than-normal font sizes.

• If you switch character perspectives (for those that have multiple characters), distinguish the change with a simple heading that states the character's name (regular size font, bold). Limit additional information to location if it was not recently noted or if you feel it's necessary.

• Finally, when in doubt, ask me.

Last edited:
-- Story Objectives --

Pending

Completed

Failed or Abandoned

Introduce all (relevant) player characters in the Crestos town Calid Oraxa (English translation: Wavecrest).

Odyssey team members either choose to partake in, abstain from, or help to dissolve the riot in the center of town.

COURSE TAKEN: Abstention​

Fall back to evac point and await Sirens 5 and 6.

Begin flight back to Argo Base.

Survive... [transmission scrambled]

-- Timeline of Events --
Calid Oraxa / Wavecrest - James, Maxine, and Jeremy find themselves in the port city of Wavecrest, in the southern province of Crestos. Elaine is trying to handle an anti-slavery protest that is quickly spiraling out of control.

The protest erupts into a riot, with the Odyssey members practically caught in the middle. Imperial praetorians surround the protesters and violence quickly ensues. While James attempts to lead his civilian charges away from danger, Elaine stands up to the praetorian garrison's captaining officer. Jon launches a tear gas strike from the air in order to break up the chaos and give the Odysseus members a better chance to escape.

Last edited:
CJAlex CJAlex My first critique of the rp's lore is the idea of corporations = economic freedom. If anything, these bodies in real life are almost exempt from the law due to *being* a corporation. They send jobs over seas because we don't create regulations to make sure these assholes don't get child or sweat shop labor. And lastly they create an oligarchy that destroys competition lol. You're telling me that these idiots in congress decided that giving them more freedom was the right thing to do for the economy?

wait

On second thought they're actually really realistic. A bunch of puppets with their nutsacks in a vice grip giving corporations freedom to do what they want? BRILLIANT. It's almost as brilliant as bailing out big banks and ford, because they're too big to fail lol

Stream of consciousness over

I don't think I've mentioned CTI in the Compendium, yet (or at least haven't devoted a section to them and characters like Cameron DeMarco). :) Safe Haven isn't as free from government oversight as you might think. There are still significant restrictions. A lot of those restrictions are actually designed by the corporations themselves, and the tycoons that control them are far from the evil overlord archetype. If you've ever played Mass Effect (1), you can sort of compare it to Noveria.

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy Dominaiscna Dominaiscna SilverFlight SilverFlight TrumpCard TrumpCard

Just a heads-up, everyone, I'll be starting the IC thread tomorrow (Friday) in order to get the story's introduction out of the way. There's no rush on completing characters, though. I'd rather have quality over speed for this RP. If you're ready to go, then feel free to jump in once I have the thread up. If you feel as though you ever need to bow out of the RP, just let me know privately so I can plan a proper exit for your character(s).

Welcome to Odysseus.

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy Dominaiscna Dominaiscna SilverFlight SilverFlight TrumpCard TrumpCard

Just a heads-up, everyone, I'll be starting the IC thread tomorrow (Friday) in order to get the story's introduction out of the way. There's no rush on completing characters, though. I'd rather have quality over speed for this RP. If you're ready to go, then feel free to jump in once I have the thread up. If you feel as though you ever need to bow out of the RP, just let me know privately so I can plan a proper exit for your character(s).

Welcome to Odysseus.

I'm working on my character now before I start studying for tomorrow's exam. If I use up the next 2-3 hours or so well, I'll get him done in a jiffy!

Alright, peeps! IC is up. It's gonna look a little long-winded, but don't feel as though you have to match the length with your own posts. I usually go long for my RP introductions to provide enough context to get started.

As mentioned previously, we'll be starting everyone (with the exception of Titus, who'll be taking a back seat to this) in Calid Oraxa (Wavecrest, in English). It looks like a nice Italian/Greek city on the coast of the Mediterranean, if you need a visual comparison. I have not determined an exact starting location in the city for the group, but I have noted that they're fairly close to a protest demonstration going on in the city square. Your characters can be doing anything you might expect a tourist to do in a foreign, exotic town: trying out the local cuisine, examining trinkets at market stalls, conversing with the indigenous... So long as you're close together and not off in la-la-land, you're good.

Everyone's RLAs (the translators that look like BlueTooth ear pieces) double as radios and link up with the drone network. The proper hailing protocol is to say the call-sign of who you're trying to reach, then state your call-sign. After that, you can either ask for their go-ahead, or trust they've heard you and relay your message anyway.

The team's call-sign is "Dove-5" (pretty much all of the expeditionary teams are "Doves"). "Dove-5 Alpha" is TrumpCard TrumpCard 's character, since he's A-Sec. "Argo" is the command post at Argo Base, and "Argo Actual" is Titus specifically or whoever is in charge at the command post.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. Please don't hesitate to ask!

I implore everyone here, please tag me in your posts. There is no guarantee I will get notified if I am not.

Posted!

I meant to say this earlier, but forgot: If you ever talk about things like unique fruit, food recipes, plant life, animals, etc. that are not found on Earth, feel free to give them a name. Honestly, I haven't had much time to sit down and hash out details like that since I'm so focused on the story-side of my world. Ergo, if you think of it or your character discovers it, you get to name it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back