Knowledge Of The Dead (Needs Activity!)

Full Name:

Ram Qxuarthos (K-war-th-os)

Race:

A Dark Spirit, previously human.

986 years.

None technically, though in the flesh he was male.

Skills:

Combat is Ram's forte, possibly the only physical thing he can do. In a sense, he can predict the future, but only to a very small extent. It's like reading the weather or the flow of the wind. In the same way he can read the signs of Elencia. His awareness also exceeds that of a normal human being, he can practically sense his surroundings.

Personality:

He has no sense of the present or time, the world basically remains in a stasis to him; and not even physically living, Ram feels no emotion and has none. In a way he longs to feel something again; the touch of another human being, the feeling of grief, anger, but he just can't. There isn't any motivation or reason for what that he does, save to kill. For unknown reasons, all he can do or think is kill.

History:

Once human, Ram is nothing more now than a damned spirit, forced to kill and harvest souls in order to gain back his humanity. Life was on the brink of happiness for him, there was nothing that he wanted. Sadly, it was all short lived. His happy life ended the day he was forced to commit a grievous crime, killing his own mother and family. Raiders had invaded the village that Ram had been raised in along with his family, and they forced the people into submission and slaughtered those who resisted. Ram was one of many who took up arms against the raiders, but after he failed, instead of killing him, the raiders gave him a choice. He could either murder his family and they'd spare his wretched soul and that of his wife and son, or he could spare his family but in turn he'd be tortured and his wife and son would die. It drove Ram mad, to the point where he slaughtered his mother blindly, and then had no choice but to kill the rest of his family. The act tore him apart beyond sanity. Grinning cruelly, the raiders then took his wife and son away from him, supposedly to be tortured, and left him by the side of the road with an arrow in his side. If no one found him within a few hours he'd bleed to death.

After a while, his wish was granted, and from the other end of the road strode a strange man, cloaked from head to toe. The man stopped briefly to look upon Ram, but had no intention to actually help the dying man. In his insanity and fear of death, Ram implored the man to help him, whatever the cost. With reluctance, the cloaked figure consented, striking a bargain with Ram. Ram would lose his physical form and be banished to a life of merciless slaughter in return for his life and the raider's unexpected and timely death. Ram agreed, thus sealing his fate. The stranger possessed the knowledge of some magic, and with his powers he separated Ram's soul from its body. The process was painful, unbearably so, and what life that was left in Ram faded away before his soul was even removed. The cloaked man knew that Ram had no choice but to take on a physical form if he was to interact with anyone in this world, so before his departure he encased the soul of Ram inside human cloth and armor. It was not a moment later that the man was gone, just as swiftly as he came he left, leaving Ram with nothing but his end of the bargain to uphold and his revenge. He hunted down the raiders, slaughtering every single one of them and freeing their captives. Among them were Ram's son and wife, but not only could they not recognize him but he now had the stranger's will to fulfill. Without further word, he was forced out to achieve his endless task, that of reaping the souls of 10,000 living people. For what reason and purpose, he never knew. The mysterious stranger never showed his face to Ram again, but he still kept an iron grip around his soul.

Over 900 years have passed, and still Ram fights on to fulfill his end of the bargain. He has lost all sense of time, so for what little he can think, he spends dreaming of his wife and son, utterly unaware they died 900 years ago...

Upon finding the scroll pinned to the old town tree, Ram resolved to join the man on his quest, knowing there would be plenty of opportunities to harvest more souls.

Appearance:

86787af57044.jpeg

With no physical form, in order to interact with living people he adorns himself in human trapping, this giving him a very manlike appearance.

Weaknesses:

Ram's spirit cannot be physically damaged, but without anything solid to interact with he is helpless. In this way, without his human clothing and armor, he wouldn't be able to achieve anything. He would have no choice but to rely on the actions of another to once more wrap him in physical material.

(I'll make a second character later, if everything is fine with this one of course.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ShadowWang Wow! How eccentric! I'll accept your character, though I'm not sure of what to think of bringing theology into Elencia; but we'll see how it goes I suppose. If you wish, you may make a second character.

Thats perfectly acceptable. Avaline's soul was harvested and moved into a mechanical body, the same ideas of magic can most definitely be used. With the possibility of this being your character's history, Avaline may connect with him emotionally, too. Great character connection!

Great job! He's completely accepted!

I'm thinking of starting the RP today everyone! Last minute applications would be quickly accepted in the hopes of some new writers joining!

Full Name:

Dirge

Race:

Orc

Male

Skills:

• Dirge knows how to expertly handle small blades, throwing knives and crossbows. His fighting style usually consists of careful evasion, waiting for openings to be made before striking. He carries multiple daggers and a shortsword with him and has no problem dropping them in an instant if they break or hinder him. He's a crossbow marksman at mid-range and the stock makes for a good bludgeon if things get close.
  • Due to years of hands on experience, Dirge has intimate knowledge of the biology of many of the commons species of the world. This allows him to take out your average opponent with little effort or even avoid vitals to keep a victim alive. While he has no first aid training, he knows how to snap bones back into place and knows if pulling an arrow out of your chest will gut you or not.
  • Dirge knows how to track man and beast alike given that there's enough of a trail to follow. Based around his keen eyes and sharp nose, his biggest weakness is water and rain in this matter. He also knows how to cook meat to be edible though he doesn't bother trying to give it much flavor.
  • Perhaps the most impressive skill given his race, Dirge is quite sneaky. His armour is specially padded to make next to no movement when he walks, ducks or crawls and he himself can hold his breathe for quite some time given the right circumstances.
  • While not quite what anyone may would call a silver tongue, Dirge does know a bit about getting what he wants from people. He can barter fairly well though his personal value of items may vary from someone else's and he more often than not likes to jump to death threats.

Personality:

As far as orcs go, Dirge is quite neutral and calm though by the standards of any other sentient species he's still violent if not just a bit more controlled. He's not an absolute nightmare to be around if not something of a buzzkill as he never seems to relax or be particularly happy about anything. He doesn't think much of self indulgence and even fighting and killing seems to leave him unphased, another mark that alienates him from his people. He gets twitchy when he has nothing to do which is usually the best time to talk to him as it's one of the few times he seems engaged in the conversation.

History:

Dirge has no idea what village he's from, who his parents were or if he was even old enough to be given a real name before he was taken away. All he knows is that slavers attacked, took anyone young and healthy and then left. While he could have just as easily been bought by a mine owner or some underground arena trainer, he got relatively lucky by being purchased by a small group of assassins. Raised as one of their own, they put his natural fortitude and strength to good use as he overpowered most of his trainers though with a certain lack of finesse. Eventually he was taught how to hone his skills and focus his strength until the day he joined his brothers as a fellow blade for hire. With no direction outside of finding more work, the discovery of a scroll that points him towards a new job is quite inviting.

Appearance:

(( So about that 'done this afternoon' thing. I -really- did not get any sleep last night and I had a busy day. I'm typing this at 7:30 and I'm going to call it an early night but I swear that this is priority tomorrow. :) )

I completely understand. Thank you for telling me!

I may be closing this thread by tomorrow. People I've talked to are in the clear, though if others wish to still join they'll have to chat with me personally about it!

Full Name: Nock Turna'Um

Nickname : Nocturne

Race: Shadow Being

Gender: None, but if necessary Male. Why will be explained on history.

Skills: Nocturne, as a Shadow Being, has the skills to be able to stalk someone without them noticing a single thing. He is able to fight in close-combat without any troubles depending on who he is fighting. His strength exceeds the normal human limitations, his strength is the same as two adult males. He is also an expert tracker, being able to find someone in a matter of hours, or if the challenge is great, Days. Those who stare at his eyes will be pulled into an illusion that will play tricks on his/her mind and it will only stop by will or until the person dies. This illusion is normal humans call "nightmares". They may not affect the person physically, but mentally it will. Nocturne's speed is as fast as a running horse, but if they blend in together with the shadow, their speed will double depending on how far the shadow lengths. And lastly, as a Shadow Being, he is able to blend in with the shadows observe or rest. During daylight, he is as weak as a normal human and will appear as one with the some kind of a tattoo on his chest, at night, he will become his true form, a shadow being. Only during the day he has the same capabilities of a human, although at night, all mentioned before occurs.

Personality: Nocturne is a very silent man, he tends to keep things to himself. Although his mouth is shut, his mind is very open. He always tends to think a lot before doing things. He does not like to be ordered around. Nocturne has a very long temper, he is also a very patient man. Nocturne is also a very persistent man, he will not stop until he finishes the things he wants. Sometimes, when he is bored during the day, he tends to meditate under a tree's shadow to calm himself down and clear his thoughts from all things so that he may concentrate at one thing at the time.

History: A Shadow Being is a species that has a features of a shadow. Their bodies are covered in black mist that only the eyes, glowing on their face can be seen. Whenever they talk, their jaws move up and down as if they are only mumbling, but they are speaking words clearly. As a Shadow Being, they are able to be one with the shadows. They are a mysterious race that only a handful knows. The Shadow Being are genderless, but people tell their gender depending on how they sound. Some sound low, dark and deep. Others are high pitched like a females. The Shadow Being only multiply when one's has overcome his fear, once they are born, they are the fears of that man that are already lost. They can send that fear to others, or they can just live their unending life. The only way for them to die is just like any other humans die, they need to be killed.

Nocturne was born when one's fear of the monsters are gone. He was then born on the Elencia. He was only a wandering man until someone with a family name "Argonite" taught him all about this world. Dr.Argonite gave Nocturne his name, Nock Turna'Um, but he was only called Nocturne because it was easier to remember, Nocturne remembers it clearly. Ever since that meeting, Nocturne has become a loyal Shadow to the person. But then the man mysteriously disappeared and not even Nocturne knows what has happened. Eventually, Nocturne decided he would find out the truth about this mystery of what had just happened. At morning, he lives in the near town of Elencia. At night, he begins his quest of finding truth. But still, he knows nothing.

Anime-guy-withfringe-hair_large.jpg

nocturne__eternal_nightmare_by_mrscrake-d46hiaa.jpg

Well done @Micheal Embers! He's accepted!

@Makira, I'm a bit unsure of your character. I'm looking for more original characters, and understand that you may highly like Nocturne From LoL, but I'd be more comfortable if you created a character based on the idea of an actual story based character, and not one of a video game. I'll leave a spot for you open if you wish to abide by my requests.

It's not one of a video game, but the name and appearance yes, but if you really insist in me making a different one, A'ight.

@The BetterKuja

This isn't meant to be rude at all, but I'm preeeetty sure that specific part in Venomarrah's post was directed toward my character. ><;;

Dadrian spoke to your character, Theinfamoushavoc, and Avaline spoke to The BetterKuja's character. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Also, I'll be making an OOC forum as to not clutter the sign up's once I close this.

Not really, It's doesn't follow LoL's lore of Nocturne, it only has the same name and appearance. I couldn't find a good appearance for it to go with it's name so I just used LoL's Nocturne in it.

I'm really displeased with the lack of posts on the actual RP. I'm not sure of what exactly to do as of right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back