• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Knights of Sin - Jackals in the House of God - DnD 5e

Are you interested?

• Yes, looks cool man!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No, go fuck yourself!

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

The Faceless King

Most Likely Inebriated
The church in the mountains, like a purse stuffed with gold,
is surrounded by the hungry, the infirm, and old.
And though they make show of sweeping scraps from their table,
they stick it to the poor every chance that they're able.

There's lenders in the temple; jackals in the house of God.

So me and this drifter broke in there for funds.
We made out with the coffers as the clergy sat stunned.
I said, "This mansion was built on the backs of the poor,
so just pray for our souls as you lie on the floor."

The priest pulled a dagger as we ran out the door.
I felt the blade rip through me and I fell to the floor.
My partner stopped to help and was stabbed several times.
The money fell in the pool of blood, guts and grime.

The priest took to his knees, like a man meant to pray.
His vestments soaking up gore, his beady eyes glazed.
But he wasn't giving last rites to my friend growing cold.
The guards swarmed around me as he clawed for his gold.

Flip their tables, burn their notes,
let's string 'em up and slit their throats.

There's lenders in the temple...

Jackals in the house of God.

In the world of Ahnkailan, there is a country known as Austansia, which lay wreathed in the sanctified light of the sun god; Ghiran. Blessed be his touch, as he gifts these lands with his bounties to feed his herd, and his chosen - the Céile Giran - to rule over the many followers.

Though these lands exist in tumultuous turmoil, the Living Sun's faint touch wipes away this country's tears, his hallowed presence never leaves this place. Invading armies, monsters of dark hunger, and the mysterious Hadar's Curse encroaching from the south all threaten the light, but the zealous leaders keep their kingdom in order through strict, holy law.
Austansia.jpg
As it has always been, these heavenly lands are ruled by the Céile Giran, the holiest woman in existence. She is the closest thing to a god that walks this world, as her holiness is wed to the Ghiran himself. From the city of Silas, she sits upon a throne of platinum and white gold where it is said she communes with the Living Sun.

The churches and those men and women of the cloth are the Céile Giran's eyes, and nothing in these golden fields of sunflowers and wide reaching cities of light goes unseen by her. Her law is the will of Ghiran, therefore to stray from the law is to stray from the Living Sun's light.

However, not all see the holy order in this way. To many the laws set in place are merely a way to keep the rich men and women of the church lavished in finery whilst keeping the poor indebted to the "kindnesses" of the church. Some speak in whispers of the churches corruption, saying the priests twist the words of Ghiran to line their pockets with gold. There is certainly a tension in these lands, but unspoken it must stay for fear of the wrath of the churches is too great.

The Church is Spurious
The Church is Righteous
Burn it or Save it
What Say You, Knight of Sin?
Howdy there friends! So welcome to my game I guess. The Knights of Sin is a campaign that is set in a world of my own creation with a pantheon of my own establishment. Besides that, all normal DnD rules and themes apply with slight tweaking here and there. I don't really have many house or homebrew rules, but I will make a list of all the rules later just to clear everything up. Also if you're new to DnD or aren't to familiar with it, I'm providing a google docs folder with every resource you should need and a dice room for people to make their roles in. If you have any questions just ask.

Anyway, here's the premise:

In this campaign you will be taking on the role of a Knight of Sin. The KoS is a group of criminals with abilities invaluable to the church, and thus have been given a second chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of Ghiran. Basically you're a criminal who was given two options; death or join the KoS. The group is pretty new so no one really knows how well it's gonna work, but hey, it's probably better than being burned to death. Now I would like to point out that your character is not necessarily a bad person, - though I do encourage scummy characters - but they are a blasphemer in the eyes of the church, and I'll go into more depth on that later. For now, what you need to know is that your character was rotting in prison with no chance of survival when a man(?) going by the name of Father Vicar walks into your cell offering you a contract. Weeks later your character would then be taken into a carriage with a burlap sack over their head, before being transported to a place far north with several others. Your group has been given complete autonomy by the Céile Giran, leaving Father Vicar in charge of you and the others - who may or may not know each other, it's up to you.

The purpose of the KoS, in short, is to be able to operate anywhere in the world, no matter the danger, and have no connections to Austansia. Because your order isn't officially under any flag you can operate anywhere in the world with out causing diplomatic issues between Austansia and other Nations. In a way you're a suicide squad, but more importantly you're a black ops. The KoS will be sent into lands considered unholy or dangerous, chasing down criminals, monsters, cults and armies.

I'll have more information provided here later probably. For now let me know if you're interested. Once I have four people who are good to go, we can start. I'd like to mention that I'm not gonna have more than 8 people in this campaign, so first come first serve. Also note that I role play drunk, so sorry if I don't make sense or sound like blubbering idiot every once in a while.

Ask me questions if you have any.

Last edited:
At the moment, I'm a bit too drunk to function properly, but here is a list of things that I will be providing people in the next week or so.
  1. Google Drive folder with DnD resources (includes Player's Hand book and Character Sheets)
  2. Dice Room on Rolz.org
  3. A full List of the Pantheon
  4. A list of the other Kingdoms and their relations with Austansia. This won't be filled out completely because, unless your char is a politician, this won't be common knowledge. (To come later)
  5. Some other shit pobably

Last edited:
Hey There! This sounds really good! Is there anything you want me to play or is it all up for grabs?

I must say this sounds great. I am totally interested this sounds fantastic. I just have a question.
Would it be possible to play an Oathbreaker paladin? As in this type of setting it seems to fit so well.

The church in the mountains, like a purse stuffed with gold,
is surrounded by the hungry, the infirm, and old.
And though they make show of sweeping scraps from their table,
they stick it to the poor every chance that they're able.

So me and this drifter broke in there for funds.
We made out with the coffers as the clergy sat stunned.
I said, "This mansion was built on the backs of the poor,
so just pray for our souls as you lie on the floor."

The priest pulled a dagger as we ran out the door.
I felt the blade rip through me and I fell to the floor.
My partner stopped to help and was stabbed several times.
The money fell in the pool of blood, guts and grime.

The priest took to his knees, like a man meant to pray.
His vestments soaking up gore, his beady eyes glazed.
But he wasn't giving last rites to my friend growing cold.
The guards swarmed around me as he clawed for his gold.

Flip their tables, burn their notes,
let's string 'em up and slit their throats.

Jackals in the house of God.

In the world of Ahnkailan, there is a country known as Austansia, which lay wreathed in the sanctified light of the sun god; Ghiran. Blessed be his touch, as he gifts these lands with his bounties to feed his herd, and his chosen - the Céile Giran - to rule over the many followers.

Though these lands exist in tumultuous turmoil, the Living Sun's faint touch wipes away this country's tears, his hallowed presence never leaves this place. Invading armies, monsters of dark hunger, and the mysterious Hadar's Curse encroaching from the south all threaten the light, but the zealous leaders keep their kingdom in order through strict, holy law.
View attachment 300939
As it has always been, these heavenly lands are ruled by the Céile Giran, the holiest woman in existence. She is the closest thing to a god that walks this world, as her holiness is wed to the Ghiran himself. From the city of Silas, she sits upon a throne of platinum and white gold where it is said she communes with the Living Sun.

The churches and those men and women of the cloth are the Céile Giran's eyes, and nothing in these golden fields of sunflowers and wide reaching cities of light goes unseen by her. Her law is the will of Ghiran, therefore to stray from the law is to stray from the Living Sun's light.

However, not all see the holy order in this way. To many the laws set in place are merely a way to keep the rich men and women of the church lavished in finery whilst keeping the poor indebted to the "kindnesses" of the church. Some speak in whispers of the churches corruption, saying the priests twist the words of Ghiran to line their pockets with gold. There is certainly a tension in these lands, but unspoken it must stay for fear of the wrath of the churches is too great.

The Church is Spurious
The Church is Righteous
Burn it or Save it
What Say You, Knight of Sin?
Howdy there friends! So welcome to my game I guess. The Knights of Sin is a campaign that is set in a world of my own creation with a pantheon of my own establishment. Besides that, all normal DnD rules and themes apply with slight tweaking here and there. I don't really have many house or homebrew rules, but I will make a list of all the rules later just to clear everything up. Also if you're new to DnD or aren't to familiar with it, I'm providing a google docs folder with every resource you should need and a dice room for people to make their roles in. If you have any questions just ask.

Anyway, here's the premise:

In this campaign you will be taking on the role of a Knight of Sin. The KoS is a group of criminals with abilities invaluable to the church, and thus have been given a second chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of Ghiran. Basically you're a criminal who was given two options; death or join the KoS. The group is pretty new so no one really knows how well it's gonna work, but hey, it's probably better than being burned to death. Now I would like to point out that your character is not necessarily a bad person, - though I do encourage scummy characters - but they are a blasphemer in the eyes of the church, and I'll go into more depth on that later. For now, what you need to know is that your character was rotting in prison with no chance of survival when a man(?) going by the name of Father Vicar walks into your cell offering you a contract. Weeks later your character would then be taken into a carriage with a burlap sack over their head, before being transported to a place far north with several others. Your group has been given complete autonomy by the Céile Giran, leaving Father Vicar in charge of you and the others - who may or may not know each other, it's up to you.

The purpose of the KoS, in short, is to be able to operate anywhere in the world, no matter the danger, and have no connections to Austansia. Because your order isn't officially under any flag you can operate anywhere in the world with out causing diplomatic issues between Austansia and other Nations. In a way you're a suicide squad, but more importantly you're a black ops. The KoS will be sent into lands considered unholy or dangerous, chasing down criminals, monsters, cults and armies.

I'll have more information provided here later probably. For now let me know if you're interested. Once I have four people who are good to go, we can start. I'd like to mention that I'm not gonna have more than 8 people in this campaign, so first come first serve. Also note that I role play drunk, so sorry if I don't make sense or sound like blubbering idiot every once in a while.

Ask me questions if you have any.
I'm totally interested! Plus I've been wanting to play a bard character based off of the protagonist from kubo and the two strings for a long while now, and this seems to be my chance! This looks super cool

Hey There! This sounds really good! Is there anything you want me to play or is it all up for grabs?
Hey there blue.
Looks like we're gonna be in a campaign together.

Which gives me an excuse to be an asshole to you.

We're gonna have a fun time blue.

Everything is up for grabs. Play as whatever you like.
I must say this sounds great. I am totally interested this sounds fantastic. I just have a question.
Would it be possible to play an Oathbreaker paladin? As in this type of setting it seems to fit so well.
Absolutely. In the google drive folder I have info for the Oathbreaker Paladin and the Death domain Cleric.

If no one would mine. I will be playing an Illusionist Wizard. Very Tricksy.

The Faceless King The Faceless King I may not have seen it but at what level are we and are we rolling for stats?
Hey there blue.
Looks like we're gonna be in a campaign together.

Which gives me an excuse to be an asshole to you.

We're gonna have a fun time blue.
No just no

Last edited:
If no one would mine. I will be playing an Illusionist Wizard. Very Tricksy.

The Faceless King The Faceless King I may not have seen it but at what level are we and are we rolling for stats?

No just no
Start at level 4. Everyone is rolling for stats. 4d6, remove the lowest roll. You don't have to use the roll room for your chracter, just Scouts Honor please.

Imma be one of two things either a ninja or an eldritch knight but there is no offical class for ninja is there everything ive seen is home brew

so 15 15 11 13 12 14 is say i got fairly high on them rolls well - 1 for all as ill just be a boreing ol hume

Pfft my rolls.
rolls.png
I have just been lucky today just finished another session with a group that went about the same with the high rolls.

I will be making a list of common or probable reasons that one would be labeled a criminal tomorrow. That will be simply a way to help build your character. If you have an idea that's not on the list, let me know and we can work it out. Hopefully tommorrow I will actually have an IC section and an OOC section and what not up and running so we can start as soon as character are made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back