• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Knights of Sidonia-esque Rp

OhHaiMark

Hello! Before I go into any details I would like to thank you for reading my first ever post on this website, brings a tear to my eye that you took the time to look it over that it does. Also for those wondering yes my username is a reference to the masterpiece that is The Room thank you for noticing and if you didn’t notice I highly recommend you check that movie out. You will not be disappointed... I promise.

Alright on to the part that everyone hates, requirements. I am a pretty laid back kind of guy so I’m not really strict but I do have some rules because this is something I do for fun and if we don’t mesh as partners I don’t think it will be fun for either of us, probably. I am twenty four years old and my partner should be someone comparable to my own age or older. If I have to spell that out I would say twenty one would be the youngest age I would rp with I suppose. Nothing against the younglings and what have you. ( I might make exception if you miss that by a few years but only if you are really knowledgeable about knights of sidonia and really want to rp this with the passion that I do) Second requirement is to write in third person because that is the pov I will be writing from and it will make the story we create flow better. As far as length and literacy goes, anything more than a paragraph works for me just try to always hit the paragraph mark. Any less than that and I think it might get stale and would not hold my interest. On the grammar side of things, you know just make it readable. As you can tell by reading this post I’m clearly not a stickler for that sort of thing. Lel just no text speak like what I just did and try your best, that’s all I ask!

I think that’s it for requirements, if you are still reading this thank you for being such a lil trooper! Now a little about myself (yes more reading but I really have to let you know what you are getting yourself into so you can turn back before it’s too late and you waste precious time!) As previously stated I am twenty four years old and a college graduate. Yes I know with grammar like this how did I make it? How about you stop asking questions. I work full time so I do get busy but I will try (key word try) to post once a day. Sometimes more sometimes less it really just depends on what life throws my way. My job has me in places with no internet some times so be aware. I will always try to give a heads up on what’s going on and what you can expect but that is not always possible. My posts usually range from three to five paragraphs depending on what I have to go on and how motivated I am that day. I’m not new to rp but I did take a long break so it may take me a few posts to get into the swing of things. In case this matters I only access the website from my phone and I don’t do any fancy coding because I’m basic like that.

So you made it this far... you made it past the requirements and dredged through the details of what could be your future rp partner in crime. Bless your heart. But now is time for the good stuff, the actual rp idea I have!!! Wooo

Okay if you have not seen the show or read the manga knights of sidonia it’s of no real consequence but I highly recommend you give it a watch or read. At the very least check out a wiki page about it because it would be infinitely helpful to me so I don’t have to go into all the details. Basically the story is a space opera of an alien species of sorts that attacks earth, humanity loses and earth is destroyed. A good portions of humanity escapes earth just in time on “seed ships” which are basically giant space ships that hold hundreds of thousands of people and scatter across the universe in hopes of escaping the threat and finding a new home. All the while being chased by the alien species and only just barely keeping them at bay with an army of mechs outfitted with a limited number of weapons that can kill the almost impervious alien species. Cool right? The anime/manga follows one particular ship but that’s not the ship our story will take place. We shall write the tale of one of the other seed ships that fled earth and their experiences navigating the universe in search of a new home! That way we have leeway and can basically make it our own.

MC will be a veteran mech pilot and a leader of one of the many squads defending the ship. Mortality rate is high among pilots and only 10% survive their first mission. It is a glorified and short lived career choice to say the least. As far as who your character is that is entirely up to you. A fellow veteran pilot and squad leader? A new pilot fresh out of the academy assigned to his squad? An engineer assigned to work on his mech? A scientist who’s chosen him to test out a super weapon? Maybe even a normal citizen who’s path randomly crosses with his? Use your imagination that’s literally the best part of an rp.

Now the main focus of this rp will be the ships fight for survival and the people that fight to defend it but I do not mind some elements of romance sprinkled here or there just don’t get too crazy with it where it takes away from our story. Just keep in mind for romance MC will be a male that is interested in women. No negotiation there that is how he is going to be written. Your character can be male or female and any sexuality that doesn’t matter. (Or that inbetween gender they have from the show/manga) But if there is going to be that romance element that involves him, he has his preference and it’s not changing.

Hopefully this has you interested! Now for this particular rp I’m only looking for one partner which sucks because I would love to rp this with multiple people but sadly work limits my free time and I want to be dedicated and do my best with one rp than have three and give lackluster and delayed posts. If you are interested in this please send me a pm and pitch me an idea of who you want your character to be and from those submissions I shall choose a partner. Please don’t ask me to pm you because I am new to this website and I can not send private messages.

Thanks again for reading and have a happy holidays! I look forward to hearing from somebody, hopefully.

I'm new to the site so I can't PM you, but I love Knights of Sidonia and Mechs. This is something I would be happy to role-play

Users who are viewing this thread

Back