• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Kingdom Royale - Shortform Quest Test

KINGDOM ROYALE

Hey there! Thinking about short form RPs, which have a definitive end, and Quests, I found myself wondering just how placing them together would work out. Now, I'm not too familiar with the Quest Board so there may already be another Quest running similarly, but, I figured I'd try an experiment! For this, there will essentially be a limited number of posts, with some flexibility, before everything is over. Thirty posts is a decent estimate, I'd think, so long as nothing crazy happens. For it, I'll be using a modified version of the "Kingdom Royale" game from the light novel series "Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria." I recommend checking it out if you have the time. Unlike other, more plot-oriented Quests, the point of this will very much be to win.

Well, I don't have much more to say about this, other than that the game may see changes. Maybe major. The core concept won't change, just the players skills and who needs to kill who. I set this up pretty late, and am rushing to bed, so xP

Other than that, take a look below. Say if it sounds interesting enough to read. It's nothing grand, this is intended to be an experiment, first and foremost. Plot details will be expanded in the Quest, but they won't go about holding back the progress of things. If you want to figure out what's going on, you'll have to do it while winning! There's no time to just snoop around!

And as a uh, footnote, this IS just a check, ATM. I made this very late at night and may or may not have second thoughts by the time I wake up P:

Premise: Groggily, you force yourself out of bed. The ceiling that greets you is unfamiliar, and you quickly realize that you have no idea where you are. Dismissively, you force yourself up from your bed and cast your eyes around the foreign bedroom you've found yourself in. Only plain, wooden, windowless walls surround you, the sole decorations being a pair of lightly packed shelves, and a television on the wall. Unsure how to feel, you can only muster a slight smile. You still aren't sure where you are, but you know why you're there. Because he told you that need to win to have your wish granted. You need to win the Kingdom Royale.

The Game:

☆ [King]

Victory conditions: Death of the [Prince] and [Revolutionary]

☆ [Prince]

Victory conditions: Death of the [King], [The Double] and [Revolutionary]

☆ [The Double]

Victory conditions: Death of the [Prince], [Revolutionary] and [Oracle]

☆ [sorcerer]

Victory conditions: Death of the [Oracle]

☆ [Oracle]

Victory conditions: Surviving

☆ [Knight]

Victory conditions: Death of the [King] and [Prince]

☆ [Revolutionary]

Victory conditions: Death of the [King], [Prince] and [The Double]

☆ [universal]

Victory conditions: No other [Victory Conditions] to be met. This means it's not enough for just you to meet your goal. If you're the [King] and have only killed the [Prince] and the [Revolutionary] then the game isn't over! As long as the [Knight] needs to kill you, the game won't end!

Skills of the [King]

- [Murder]

He can select a player he wants to kill and request the [sorcerer] or the [Knight] to execute this action. He does not need to select.

- [substitution]

He can once avoid being the target of [Assassination] by changing roles with [The Double] for a single day. If he was selected as the target on this day, [The Double] will die instead of the [King].

Skills of the [Prince]

- [Throne Succession]

He becomes able to use [Murder] once the [King] and [The Double] have died.

- [Anti-magic]

He cannot be killed by [sorcery].

Skills of [The Double]

- [inheritance]

If the [King] dies or [substitution] was executed, he becomes able to use [Murder].

Skills of the [sorcerer]

- [sorcery]

He can choose whether to effectively kill the character that was selected by [Murder]. The targeted character will become a burnt corpse.

Skills of the [Oracle]

- [Hindsight]

He can choose a play during their break once a day. If they used [sorcery], [Deathblow] or [Murder] the previous day, the [Oracle] will find out their identity.

Skills of the [Knight]

- [Deathblow]

He can choose whether to effectively kill the character that was selected by [Murder]. Only executable when the [sorcerer] is dead. The targeted character will die due to beheading.

- [Confrontation]

If only the [King] or the [Prince] remain, then you may use [Deathblow] against them. Congrats, you'll win!

Skills of the [Revolutionary]

- [Assassination]

He can assassinate the selected character. He does not need to select one. The targeted character will become a strangulated corpse.

Skills of the [All]

- [Hunger]

Everyone needs to eat. At the beginning of the game, every player is given five [Rations], if you don't eat at the end of the day, then you die by turning into a [Mummy]! Players can give [Rations] to other players, but they can't take them, even if the owner is dead. That means if everyone is greedy, you have to end the game in five days. Or you'll all lose!

- [Murder]

Don't let everyone's fancy skills fool you, good old fashioned killing is an option too! With your own two hands! If you want to execute [Murder], well... Then just 'execute' another player!

Schedule:

Every day will be broken up into blocks, within each of these blocks certain actions can be performed and certain activities must be carried out. Failure to comply with activities will result in instant death by turning into a [Mummy]! Each block will take zero to three posts, depending on curciumstance.

22:00 to 12:00 <Block A>

- Break, standby in own room

- The [Oracle] may use [Hindsight]

12:00 to 14:00 <Block B>

- Gathering in the big room

14:00 to 18:00 <Block C>

- Selection of [secret Meeting] partner until 14:40. Spend 30 minutes in the room of the selected character.

- The [King] is able to select a target for [Murder].

- The [sorcerer] can use [sorcery] (the [Knight] can use [Deathblow]).

(The character that was targeted by [sorcery] or [Deathblow] will die at 17:55)

18:00 to 20:00 <Block D>

- Gathering in the big room.

20:00 to 22:00 <Block E>

- Dinner in own room.

(If no food supply available, death by turning into a [Mummy])

- The [Revolutionary] can use [Assassination].

(The character that was targeted by [Assassination] will immediately die)

- The [Oracle] may use [Hindsight]

22:00 to 12:00 <Block A>

- Break, standby in own room

Tags:

I'm not really sure how many people browse this, so I'll just ping some fr0nds and people who'll maybe be interested? *shrug*

@The Dinkster (I know you're pretty out of commission, maybe something to read to pass the time?)

@White Masquerade (I just know you like endings. And experiments?)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might have mistagged. I saw this by accident. Will give my opinion in a bit

Edit: It is a little confusing, but seems nice to try out. I'd honestly have to see it in action to judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags didn't work for me either :/

If you get this running, I'd be willing to help test it out. Sounds like it could be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back