Other Kingdom Death

DeusExAlice

I sell body horror and body horror accessories
Two years and twelve months of waiting.

And I finally got the board game.

If you don't know what it is this should give you some illumination!

tl;dr: Dark Souls and Monster Hunter had a child that is a board game with some RPG elements. This child then went on to read Berserk and think it was pretty cool.

Problem is I only really have one offline friend who is interested in playing. That's simply not enough KD in my life and while waiting for another venture to get KD digital I was musing on how to run it for people online. My idea was to run it as a play-by-post game essentially. It wouldn't be too hard to doctor up a grid square and just do it in a wonky paint edit filled mannered. It takes away some of the fun of the game (my god the artwork <3) but a 400 dollar game is really...intense.

Anyways, point of this, anyone from RPN interested in maybe giving this a try?

@Napalm on Toast @Arlet

Calling you out specifically ya bums

Good god it was worth the wait.

Just had a quick session over a period of about three hours.

We rolled through the tutorial white lion without too much hassle, my friend the night before had lost two survivors. We made it out with only one permanent head injury!

Went through all the starting shenanigans, things were looking up. Except for the attempt at an Intimacy roll to get a kid. We lost two people from that. From that we decided to become cannibals, attempted intimacy again and conceived a child! Our decision was to protect the children rather than might makes right. (Compassionate Cannibals)

Rolled out to fight our first level 1 White Lion.

That too went pretty good honestly, I got a critical and got a Sinew (The only special white lion resource that lets you make a bow from that creature), another player got a broken lantern! We got the kitty down to just two AI cards. And it killed us. Every second turn it instagibbed us one after another. We got stuck in a loop where it got a mood card that buffed its damage and drew the single most powerful attack in its deck. Reshuffled the attack back in, repeat until party wipe.

Bad rolling honestly got us at the end, if we hadn't wiffed so much we'd at least have a few survivors.

Whole lot of dead bodies for little gain. Depressing, but still super fun. Having finally actually played it I 100% would suggest this game to people who like board games/RPGs and aren't afraid of difficulty.

Score! If we pick up anyone else we can use the rules for a 5-6 survivor game, or just do a second one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back