pavelius

C H U R C H G R I M
Personally, I love doing this. It's a ton of fun, and helps provide more accurate references for your OC since you can customize it yourself. It's also a great time waster if you're procrastinating on RP replies. :')

Here's a list of avatar sites that I like to use. If you have any more, please @ me so I can add them to the list! Also include a little description to help people choose which generator is right for them.

Gaiaonline (Requires Signup)

By far my favorite. Everyone knows about Gaia at this point. With its huge ass selection of items, it's easy to make a wide range of characters, from sci-fi to fantasy and beyond. Unfortunately, the free, non-signup Gaia avatar tool formerly known as Tektek.org is no longer online, but you can make an account on Gaia and use either the new avatar builder or use the search function in your closet to find items you want. I usually do the latter, and it suits me well enough. The only catch is that, to make really good avatars, you probably need a working knowledge of Gaia's item database. Which is HUGE. I shit you not.

Dreamselfy.me

Based on the late Tinierme, Dreamselfy has a great selection of variously themed outfits, and many items are animated at that. If you like cute, anime styled avatars, this might be up your alley. It also generates code for you to display your avatar if you're too lazy to take a screencap like me.

Dollsdivine

Now, I know this is actually a dress-up game site directed towards younger kids, but, honestly... there's so many generators here I think it'd be a waste not to at least mention it. Most of them are kind of low quality (and most of them are women) but, hey... why not. I'm sure there's a few gems in there.

Rinmaru Games

Frickloads of anime-themed avatar generators. Most popular for OC making is the

http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creatorMega Anime Avatar Creator

http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator which I'm sure you've seen around by now. Definitely worth checking out.

Decent bust-up avatar maker. Not a huge selection, but good for modern characters.

Icongenerators.net

These are literally so friggin' cute. Has a number of Japanese-made icon generators that you can use for your OCs. Some are face only, some are fullbody, one of them generates a little pixel for you to use, which is probably one of my favorite things ever. Be sure to use the ENGLISH version listed right below the Japanese link.

Small selection, kind of unwieldy to use, but it exists. Another option if you like pixeled avatars.

Elouai.com - Candybar

Blast from the past. Elouai's Candybar series has so many combinations, it takes hours to sort through everything. The other generators on the site aren't quite on par IMO. Bonus for those of you who like pixel/animated avatars.

Other Generators

Anomaly said:
Maple Simulator - BannedStory is pretty awesome. Lots of options, easily customizable, very cute.
If you'd like to share your creations, feel free! Please mention which generator you used so people can get a feel for what each can do. I hope this is the appropriate forum for this, lord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back