• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kilian & Linota of Auverand

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
b13399aa77b46e25f36b6008be427ba8.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Linota Mercer[/div]
Perhaps it was the way that the ginger lad spoke, his voice gruffling slow in his chest as words of honesty and valor flowed from his lips. Or maybe it was the confidence in which he carried himself and his name. But no matter what it was, Linota couldn't help but find some sort of solace as she listened to him. Ever since the two had met, being exactly who she was was all she could manage around Kilian. No facade was needed, no highborn language to try and impress the lad. He seemed to enjoy the organic version of her. And it was something that most rarely did find enjoyment in.

It wasn't until the man's hand was placed firmly on her chest, then scraping along the inner corners of her palm, that she felt her heart leap forward. It almost made her stumble, the innate force of her skin wanting to rest in the caress of Kilian's palm for just a little while longer. For some reason, it made the Mercer girl nervous, though not anxious enough to ask him to stop. "My father doesn't see it that way," Linota's voice was meek as emerald eyes fell to the trodden grasses of the training grounds, her fingertips now ice cold from the absence of the man's touch. Though if she hadn't ever had it before, why now did it matter so much? Perhaps it didn't... perhaps it was simply the winter's winds coming to trick her mind.

It wasn't until Argo approached her, burying his head into her chest with a rub of his face, that Linota snapped out of it. Her mind was too cluttered with the thought of arranged marriages and her father's wants and wishes, but the buckskin before her was able to push it aside with his massive stature. A giggle fell from her lips then, slinder fingers combing through a night-black mane before looking back to the guest of her family. "Almost ready t'go then? That surprise isn't going to be up for visitors all evenin'." It took but a whistle of her lips for Maude to trot over to his owner then, her hands leaving Argo's mane with an upset grumbling from the horse before the red haired girl mounted her stallion in a patient wait of her partner. [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: Millhold Training Grounds
[/div][/div]

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]606943[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: N/A
Mentioned: Linota, txlos txlos N/A[]
Located: Millhold Training Grounds
[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

The sound of aching wood rang softly as paddock gate closed, Rogan's soft whines in tandem with Linota's somber words creating an atmosphere almost as chilling as the winter air that surrounded the wily group. Kilian tried his damnedest to imagine a life dictated by, well, anyone really. If to live free meant to be born low, than the sellsword would take being a outlaw over the title of Lord any day. Argo's affections stole back Kilian's thoughts, his shoulders turning to squarely face the buckskin and the lady. "You know I ain't keen on surprises" said the brigand, wrist resting on the hilt of the short sword at his side.

Within the moment Linota's steed had swept her up, the blood bay still astonishing him with it's speed despite it's size. A soft laugh escaped Kilian's lips as he placed a hand on the leaner Argo and flung a leg up and over his saddle. Higher off the ground now the wind blew faster by, whisking up into it strands of ginger hair. "Right then, let's get to it" He let loos a jokingly exasperated sigh and tugged Argo's reins, as he beset into a fairly relaxed posture, ready to follow the mercer girl

[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith[/div]

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
"Causin' ye a bit of trouble, am I?" Linota cooed back jokingly, riding alongside Killian as they made their way from the training grounds into the field just behind it. Getting out of there was refreshing, the smell of rotting wood and mildewed hide enjoyably left behind for the fresh air of the clover-laden fields. It was almost amusing, how much of her own kingdom she hadn't been accustomed to. The training grounds, the old mill, the newer mill that her father had bought with the promise of fresh horses to another kingdom... perhaps the red head wasn't in full agreement of that purchase of trade, but who was she to open her mouth of it? Killian was right of one thing... she was born high, though that didn't make her a proper court's lady.

Winter rang clear through the field as it nipped at the fair maiden's ears, turning them red along with the tip of her nose. The emerald cape she wore with pride shrugged off most of the weather's effects, but not all. "Ye 'know, I've never actually taken someone out this way," Deep turquoise eyes didn't waiver from the site in front of her, a smaller stable emerging in the short distance through a light-set fog. Her voice was steady as she said it, matter-of-fact but no true emotion behind it. It just simply was. Linota wasn't one to boast of her private happenings, this including the small stable before the pair. "My father began building it on me' fifteenth name day. It was done the next year," A sigh fell into the air, visible by the afternoon chill. "Twas all I wanted really. Still is, I 'spose... only place I really enjoy bein' 'sides the markets. Less high borns the bet'er then," It would have meant a reaming from her mother should she had heard her eldest Linota say such things, such atrocities of not wanting to be around people of her own status. Though it didn't bother Linota... arrogance bothered Linota.

As the pair came closer, more of the small stable could be seen. There was a small cottage that sat in front of a barn, red trim and doors standing bright against the stone work. Planter boxes overflowed with flowers, and a small courtyard area seemed to be teeming with plant life as well. The cottage was small, barely enough room for two and a dog, but it was like Linota's home away from the castle, the hustle and bustle and high life. Behind the cottage a ways was a modest barn, with a fenced pasture attached to the back of it. From it's looks, it could fit maybe five or six stalls, and there were definitely three horses running loose in the back pasture; a black, a dapple grey and a bright chestnut. They all frolicked and whinnied as they saw their owner approaching in the distance, rearing up to see her better. "Bonkers, the lot of 'em," A smile seeped into her words, her fiery hair brushing her shoulders as she shook her head at their excitement, looking back to Killian with a grin. "I take the ones that they don't want for the war or the carts," Linota explained with a blush to her cheeks. "Breed 'em, train 'de babes, sell them into the cavalry... makes me good a good side coin that father doesn't need to know about." [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: Through the fields, barn in short distance
[/div][/div]

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]kilian.jpg[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting: N/A
Mentioned: Linota, txlos txlos N/A[]
Located: approaching linota's cottage
[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

Residing atop Argo had been Kilian's safehaven for a number of years now, and the comfort he felt whenever the buckskin began to gallop under his backside had never faded. Kilian would love to say this time was no different... but in truth, it was. Not in a negative sense, but rather in that it was who was under him was his solitary source of comfort, but who was beside him. Somehow riding beside Linota brought the red-head a strange sense of companionship he hadn't felt before. Linota looked to Kilian with a carefree smile, "Causin' ye a bit of trouble, am I?". Kilian laughed as he followed the lady, all the various thoughts and observations tumbling around his mind. 'Aye... more than you know' he thought.

Linota went on, revealing the purpose of their little jaunt as the glided through the chilled vapor that sat softly across the field. The mercer's begrudging against her own social class was the least Kilian expected from her, though in the short time he had spent with her she had taught him to shrug off 'expectations'. A lesson he happily recieved. "Sounds like my sort of place then" he replied, his curiosity ever heightened by Linota's off-handed confession. As they reached their destination and the red-doors came into view accompanied by the excited whining of the steeds behind them, Kilian was rather surprised. He looked intently at her. She looked more comfortable than ever, and oddly enough Kilian reciprocated the same feeling. As she looked back, her ocean eyes staring into the amber of his own, the almost tangible connection between them growing stronger in the presence of this little secret Linota had chosen to share with him. A grin spread across Kilian's lips as he and Argo walked to meet her, their gait ever relaxed. Kilian ruffled the mess of red his hair had become and laughed. "Side coin? For you?" the sellsword chuckled "Surely being a Lady of Millhold is enough" he joked as he slipped off Argo and onto the moist grass beneath. Kilian looked to the corral behind the cottage, three beautiful horses trotting towards the fence nearest them. The mercenary scanned the property, a cozy little spot. Kilian casually made his way to linota, offering up a hand to help her down, looking up to her as the sun shined behind her. "A beautiful place Lin. With beautiful horses. I can see why you'd keep it secret"

[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith[/div]

Linota's grin stretched from ear to ear as the red head beside her praised the land of which they had stumbled upon, a breeze flowing through both of their fiery locks and greeting them into the small safe haven that the Mercer girl had built for herself. It truly was a nice place, and a secret one at that. Even her father had forgotten the exact location of the place, what with the overgrowth taking over most of it's outer appearance now. Nevertheless, it was quaint and quiet, and that was all it needed to be.

"Ay," Lin chuckled with a shrug of her shoulders, nodding her head as she grasped Kilian's hand to dismount, slipping down to fit in the slim slot between his chest and Maude's belly with a slight "Oof," It was there that she truly got it, perhaps. Her eyes flicked to meet the sellsword's, their breath just inches apart as her hair flew past her cheekbones to block out the world from both the ginger's sights. An odd feeling for Lin, one she couldn't quite pin, flooded her entire body. After all, Kilian's eyes had never been so close. They were blue... a grey blue, like the mists over the Ironfort seas or the overcast of the Millhold skys. Soe might have seen the man's eyes as cold, but Linota couldn't help but find that their gaze brought a warmth to her cheeks, a rosy blush blooming onto porcelain skin.

"Undocumented coin," A stutter exhaled out after a minute of this close proximity, Linota taking a slow step backwards into her blood bay's stomach before allowing that classic, all-knowing smirk to begin to settle into her features once more. "What me father can't track he can't scold me f'er spendin'," Her words were less confident now, still fussing over how close her and Kilian had just been. She could see everything, every freckle, every line, every piece of ginger hair that was lighter than the rest... it was intoxicating and confusing. "Like these horses, 'n yer surprise too. Undocumented, therefore, none of the Mercer family's business."

Lin smiled as she took hold of Maude's reins, nodding towards Kilian to follow her towards the barn. the path was a bit overtrodden, dead grass lining it's path, though it was to be expected. This was one place that the castle's maids and butlers did not tend to. This was one place that was all Linota's responsibility. Not that it was awful, it simply held... character. Horse's names were etched into the barn's wood, chicken roamed eating bugs off of the rose bushes in the front, and a cat sat peacefully atop the hay bales stacked in the barn loft. A forced smile slipped onto the Mercer girl's face then as she tied Maude under an overhang off the barn to keep him dry and warm, petting his neck before cooing a quiet, "S'cuse the mess... never was really much 'a gardner." [div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: The hidden cottage
[/div][/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back