Kanna Hiiragi

ApfelSeine

Murder by Numbers 🏳️‍🌈🖥️
[SIZE=15.333333333333332px]
3e8IWydD7frUQclaerPGiScJ3sYLjAjtgLkHlxCBO2Zo1Or6E5Yro_NUlP0r_OFWm2uVhmb7sah3JuxMxI0VAalo4-0TseAFgTW7PODFX563D2xL2vkzcqvOpuml77-wsMNoKb_1
[/SIZE]

Superhero

Name:  Kanna Hiiragi

Ethnicity: Japanese

Hair: Long, straight and black, reaching just beneath her shoulder blades and cut with even bangs. It is generally worn down, or in a ponytail.

Eyes: Dark brown with long eyelashes which are enhanced with makeup.

Height: 5'8"

Weight and/or Build: Slender and curvy, but also somewhat athletic with muscles built primarily around flexibility.

Other Features: Often wears a small amount of makeup, carefully selected and stylish western clothing, and simple silver earrings. She never dresses in a risque manner, preferring fashionable clothing which is also practical.

Biography: Kanna was trained in many styles of combat since she was very young, doing so under the pretext of self defense. The true reason however was to involve her in acts of vigilante justice. Her father was a police officer, and in order to catch the criminals that the law couldn't touch, he had decided that some things needed to be done under the radar. Kanna was taught that she was a superhero, and believed firmly that what she was doing was the right thing. She fought off bad guys and made sure that justice was done.

After growing older, she came to resent her father, while still appreciating how much she had grown under his guidance. She considered continuing her role as a vigilante hero separately, debating the decision for months. Eventually, the decision was made for her. Both of her parents were murdered, leading to her father's former partner to adopt Kanna into his home. Kanna was encouraged to attend school, and live her life normally. However, she remained restless. Justice had not been done, and she felt it was up to her to see that it was.

Once more taking on the role of her superhero identity, Kanna searched tirelessly for her parents' killers. She worked hard to juggle her plots for revenge with the mundane aspects of being a normal girl. Despite her main goal being to achieve justice, she promised to see her studies through and graduate. Yet despite her promise, she found herself in over her head, and fighting a battle with the odds stacked against her. After narrowly escaping the jaws of death, Kanna had to flee or risk endangering those around her, as well as herself.

Kanna decided to take on the guise of a foreign exchange student and go to America. She decided that she would see her studies through to the end, as she had promised to do. Moving away from the danger would be the ideal way to accomplish that goal. Kanna moved into the home of an American family, intending to live for several years in peace. And while in America, she would wait and train. She would bide her time so that she would be ready when she returned. With those intentions in mind, Kanna moved far away from those who she needed to bring justice to, feeling somewhat impatient at the thought of having to wait to finish what they had started.

Personality: Kanna is very straightforward, and is often described as being blunt. She tends to speak her mind, and often what is on her mind is not particularly nice. She is opinionated, particularly on subjects of morality. Although she is quick witted and fairly accomplished academically, Kanna prefers to act quickly instead of spending a lot of time thinking things though. While capable of careful planning and strategy, she often opts to skip straight to the action, finding caution to be a waste of time. This often leads Kanna to punish the wrong person, and her apology is rarely very gratifying after one suffers a beating from her. She doesn't hesitate to apologize when she is wrong, but it is clear that her attention is primarily focused of figuring out who she should have been beating up in the first place.

In general, Kanna is fairly disagreeable, despite the fact that she rarely goes out of her way to stir up conflict. She is particularly harsh towards guys, tending to insult and belittle them fairly frequently. She can be very condescending and self righteous, and somewhat hypocritical since personal opinion often factors significantly into how she judges people. Kanna has a tendency to be suspicious of men, often to an unfair extent. However, she will always seek to punish the person who is truly at fault, and punishes people the same regardless of gender. She doesn't generally seek to make friends, but she certainly does tend to stick her nose into other peoples' business. In the rare event that she finds someone who can tolerate her, Kanna proves herself to be very loyal, and she will dedicate whatever effort is needed into helping a friend. She's no less blunt towards her friends, but she does tend to hold them in higher regard than she does others.

Kanna is very self assured and confident. She has a few things which she becomes sensitive about, but will often express her feelings aggressively. She has to be particularly close to someone to open up to them in a more calm and open manner. Although some would describe her as a bomb just waiting to go off, Kanna can be surprisingly friendly. She will happily chat about her interests, particularly history, tennis, or combat styles. She is particularly interested in martial arts, though she holds a fondness for street fighting and boxing. While she is able to hold a very pleasant conversation, it is somewhat undermined by her tendency to casually insult the person she is talking to, or by the unnerving calmness with which she says some very bloodthirsty remarks. Kanna is seen as very eccentric, but she is also passionate, eager to help others, and has a strong moral compass.

Mobility and Gear

Typically rides a bicycle when she needs to get somewhere quickly. She knows how to drive a motorcycle, but is unable to get a license to use one until she is sixteen, and thus does not own one. In terms of gear, the only weapon which she carries on her is a fan, which she is able to do because it is not a weapon. In her hands however, it can be one.

Looks good.  

Does she have a superhero name?

Biggest concern is that she is so distant from her origins - ie another country.  I'd suggest she have been living in California - which gets its share of Yakuza and Tong.  But this isn't a sticking point.  It doesn't really matter.  If a group of asian folks show up, they will stick out like a sore thumb.

I understand your concern, since I don't imagine you'd get many Asian people away from the coast. Though my intention is not to have her enemy restricted to Japan anyways. The branch of the organization which Kanna will be familiar with will likely be yakuza  (or appear to be yakuza), but the roots of her enemies may well stretch farther than she expects. So to address the problem of a gang of Japanese people sticking out (which they would likely do anyways even if they were from California), having the group be transnational means that she may find herself squaring off against Americans. They would be better able to blend in and might pass under her radar for a bit until she figures out the connection.

That said, I would still like to have her hail from Japan, having studied to be fluent in English since many business transactions take place in English. I also don't imagine her having a hard time adapting to living in a new country, since cultural traditions are a lot easier to learn than various forms of combat. If it's the same either way, I'd prefer to leave her origins the way that it is. If it's acceptable to you, I'd like her original superhero name to be "Kurohasu", and have her use the English translation "Black Lotus" when she inevitably dons the mantle in America. That way, if she doesn't find enough clues to connect her enemies in Japan to her ones in America, the higher ups in the organization might make the connection themselves and go after her. It will likely not be an immediate connection, since the names are different, but it leaves the possibility of them finding her first as a possible option. It's a nice little safety net to get things going if her subplot gets stalled for some reason.

Like I said, not a sticking point.  The idea isn't to suddenly flood the RP with aliens, ninjas, MIB's seeking the secret of immortality ... etc.

I was honestly more interested in the superhero ID ... heh.

Like I said, not a sticking point.  The idea isn't to suddenly flood the RP with aliens, ninjas, MIB's seeking the secret of immortality ... etc.

I was honestly more interested in the superhero ID ... heh.

I think Kanna's enemies will likely not be around until later on in the roleplay. Most likely they'll end up slipping in if there's a lull in the action, since they have their own things to do. They don't have much reason to target her until she becomes a nuisance to them, which should allow the initial focus to be on establishing the characters. (I also didn't plan to have her enemies follow her all the way from Japan, since as far as they're concerned she's either indisposed or out of the way, though the possibility of bringing some of them into play might still be an option later on.)

I do hope the superhero ID thing I have works for you ^_^  I figured it'd be the easiest to give her two separate names and leave my options open for awhile for how she gets involved in fighting her enemies again. Kanna's secret identity isn't a very big deal to her, since she is the type to just get in and do what she has to do and get out. She simply has one for instances where she needs something to call herself, since using her real name is out of the question ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back