• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kamirotha: End of an Age

BarkWolfBacon updated Kamirotha: End of an Age with a new update entry:

The Coming Storm Expansion Preview

Hey, Adventurers! I hope you're excited for the coming expansion...I've been hard at work trying to create compelling new content and expanding the worldbuilding that sets Kamirotha apart.
There are a lot of cool things coming in the expansion, and I wanted to tease them every now and then. The content is almost complete, and will be ready to drop as soon as all the players have arrived in Haven and met with Councillor Valen Thorn.

New Magic Mechanics

Sneak Peak...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Onto Haven

After rifling through the blood mage's pockets, Arawen had a nice little collection of items. One thing that interests her greatly is a vial of a mysterious, black fluid. Common sense tells her to keep the lid on and to keep it hidden until she can find someone trustworthy to examine it. There were also two small dark matter crystals which she could probably have some use for, but she'd have more use for the gold she would get from selling them to someone. Another thing she would keep hidden until she found a trustworthy source was a small journal full of the same script that covered the inside walls of the temple. That could hold some very interesting information indeed. Last of all was a letter;

While many of our temples were decimated during the Slaughter, not all were completely destroyed. I am sure you know of a few locations where rubble still stands, and I ask of you an important task. Somewhere, there must be the Blueprints. We lost track of them during the Slaughter as we tried to hide them from the Unity Army, but they are out there somewhere...

Search the nearby ruins that you know of, and see if you can locate the Blueprints, they do emit a trace of Aether magic, so you may be able to detect them that way. Be wary of the Imperial Army, and of any Council agents. I believe we are still operating unawares, but take nothing for granted.

No one can see you enter or exit those ruins, dispatch of any who do.

-Farenhar, Crimson Commander, Hand of I

Very interesting... She wanted to find these Blueprints, but it seemed they weren't inside these ruins. She needed to find a healer before she did too much before, especially if she was to find these Blueprints. Haven wasn't far from here, so her plan would be to take his weapons, ride to Haven and get her arm healed. She would sell his staff and longsword as well, perhaps try and find some information on this journal... But she had to find those Blueprints. She had wrapped both the wrought iron staff and the longsword in the remainder of the blood mage's robes and one handed, had buckled it behind the saddle with her bedroll and satchel.

Getting onto the mare proved tricky, and painful. She found herself biting back cries of pain as she pulled herself onto the back of the mare, who started to walk forward again before she was seated. One she was in the saddle, she grabbed the reins with her good hand and kept the mare at a walk, any faster would be unwise.

Riding with Elendynn, Dro'fyr

Cadwy Jetcoal
FxNA172.jpg
Gripping Elendynn's hand with his golden gauntlet Cadwy leapt on the vehicle she was riding. It wasn't much, but it was quite fast. For Cadwy at least. He wasn't the running type even, so going at this speed is new to him. His beard was waving from the wind and Elendynn's hair mushed his face. He gripped her body not to fall and let her take him where she was riding.

"Oy, Elen! I need t'talk to ye! Mind stoppin' in River 'old?" Cadwy yelled at Elendynn. It was quite hard to communicate through the wind, however, he hoped Elendynn would hear his words. In his left hand he still held the letter he got. He was intrigued to see what kind of adventure is in store.

@Stickdom

River Hold

Elen hadn't heard what Cadwy had said, she heard his voice, but couldn't make out any more than a few words over the rush of the air, "River Hold." She nodded and stuck her arm out to the side in a thumbs-up, hoping he could see it, since she couldn't turn around to see him at this pace. They slid through the West Gate, she waved at the guard who nodded and touched his hat to her. The Desert Rats were allowed passage through the town as they willed, and her bright blue scarf identified herself. Elen had always been friendly to the guards and soldiers, often bringing them out hot drinks on cold nights, they seemed to go out of their way for her nowadays.

The Rider stopped outside of the tavern, which she figured was Cadwy's destination, shoving him gently off of her Rider and stepping off herself. She removed the helm-like coif from her head, hardened underneath with leather to serve as low strength armour, and let her long braid fall out over her shoulder, then pulled her goggles up on top of her head. "No time to chat this second, Cads, get you a drink on me Tab and order a stout ale for me, I'll be back in a few minutes. I got some pirate business to handle here." She didn't wait for his response, merely reaching into her jacket and pulling out a handful of coins to cover the drinks, stuffing them into Cadwy's fist, then leapt back on her Rider and raced off down the street.

Her first stop was the River Hold Peace Department, where she explained the situation to a stout and hearty dwarf, The Chief, as everyone called him, though this was a general River Hold term of endearment among friends of all kinds. He thanked her for her service, and tossed a few coins across the table at her. She would be paid into her account later at the Desert Rats' Den for her victory today, so this was more of a courtesy for leaving them alive. Elen wanted to turn in the map as well, but when she considered that it was slave holds shown on it, it would be more useful for her to find them, to atone for her past, than to worry the authorities with it yet.

Then she rode to the Market District, bartered off one of the crossbows for some gold, including some bolts she had scavenged from the sand and her sails. She kept the other crossbow, as well as a full cartridge of bolts, ten in all, it may not be her bow, but it was a powerful last resort weapon. The saber she considered keeping, but she decided the quality was lackluster, she could buy better if she really felt inclined to, so she sold it as well.

Her final stop was the tavern again, hopefully Cadwy had stayed around for her, she had only been gone most of an hour. She secured her Rider to a special mechanism that prevented theft without her touch to unlock the magic seal, then slipped in through the door. She sat down at her usual far table, though Cadwy wasn't there. He may be at another table and he surely saw her come in, so she waited as she sipped her ale and wondered what had been so important that he had come out to find her.

@Trevor B Harper

Gwendolyn Dewitt - Bad Detour

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hot. It was so hot. It might've been a normal, warm day to everyone else, but to Gwen, it was torture. Gwendolyn had left the village at dawn and continued on her way to Haven. She wasn't familiar with the roads here in Grove, but the elves had been nice enough to draw her a small map. Wanting to get there as fast as possible, she might've taken a few shortcuts as opposed to the route, the elves had given her. Cutting through here won't be such a big deal, right?

15x1v82.jpg

She reached a huge empty field and scoffed. They had warned her to go around it, the place had a rumour of being haunted, but Gwen had shrugged her shoulders. This was the fastest way, and she could not get away from the sun's burning touch soon enough. She looked over the field. Apparently it had once been a huge battlefield during the war. Dirt. Dust. A lot of old weapons and shields lying on the ground, next to bundles of bones. The ground had an eerie red-ish color. Some say it was from the blood of the battle, that could never be washed away.

Pfft. It's just legends and tales, nothing to worry about. Nodding to herself, she started trekking through the quiet field. Even the wind wasn't howling on this field. Gwen shook her head to calm herself, but she couldn't deny the slight paranoia building in her stomach. What was that?! Her head snapped to the side, she swore, she saw a shadow moving around. There was nothing though. Calming herself once again, she moved forward through the field.

Atop a hill in the distance, a hooded figure stood and watched Gwen as she moved through the battlefield. It took a while for her to notice him, but when she did, she just stared back at him. An awkward silence stretched through the already quiet field. "W-what do you want, why are you looking at me!?" She had finally had enough of this creepy fellow, but as soon as she spoke, he just lifted his staff, mumbling a chant. The ground shook around her and Gwen grabbed her polearm from her backpack, dropping the backpack down to the ground.

"Come down and fight me like a man! ... or woman?" She shouted to the hooded figure, but he just ran away with a slight flutter in his cape. What in the seven kingdoms... She almost let her guard down, before she was suddenly attacked by the swing of an axe. "W-woah there!" Barely dodging it, she jumped back creating some distance between her and her attacker. 3 soldier corpses surrounded her, each with different weapons; a sword, axe, and hammer. They seemed to moan as they approached her, swinging their weapons at her.

They were slow, she thought. Swinging her polearm around in circles, she commenced a fighting stance. "If that's how you want to play... Come play!" She charged at the one with the hammer, dodging it's attack and slicing its chest. No blood, no nothing, the corpse only stumbled pack before attacking again. Jumping back once again, she frowned. How do you kill things that are already dead?!

Gwen fought off their attacks, feeling her energy wear off quickly due to the heat. Finally she managed to pierce her polearm through one of their hearts and it let out a painful shriek as it collapsed... into a pile of dust and bones. Smirking, she used her polearm as a vaulting pole, jumping effectively over the two remaining corpses. Upon landing, she pierced the second one right in the back and through the heart. 2 down, one to go. She smirked too quickly, as the last soldier swung his sword at her. She barely jumped back, as the sword sliced through her shirt and made a long, painful gash on her stomach. Shrieking, she kept pulling back as the attacks kept coming, barely deflecting them with her polearm. Dropping down to her feet, she sweeped the soldiers legs, making it fall backwards. Getting up quickly, she pierced its heart as well, watching it crumble to dust.

Gwen clutched her stomach, panting and sweating profusely, feeling ill by the sight of blood. Her blood. "Well fuck me, this was the worst shortcut in the history of Unity..."

Last edited by a moderator:
UNSEEN PATHS

For Pyxaanthal, life in Haven had always been nearly as quiet as his solitude in the wilderness. He seldom interacted with anyone aside from his teachers, and his companion Seere. He kept to himself out of preference more than necessity. He had never been good at socializing with others and this is the reason this letter disturbed him greatly. Had the letter been from one of his acquaintances he assumed they'd simply have told him in person, but the letter came from a strange woman he'd never met before. He remembered the event that had occurred a few days before.

Pyxa and Seere had been returning home from a training session where he'd been practicing his bow staff technique with his instructor Broddix. He had been told by Broddix that his skills had been improving significantly in the last few weeks and Pyxa was simply glowing with joy as he strolled back to his apartment loft with Seere gently nuzzling his palm. He wasn't used to praise for his accomplishments and took this compliment with great pride. As they approached their complex a human woman ran swiftly to him, tugging his arm and whispering "Please sir, you are the one meant to have this." She thrust the letter into his face, "Show no one, and respond at once." She seemed panicked though Pyxa wasn't certain why. When he read the letter he was curious and confused as to who would want his attention and for what he'd be needed for.

It had taken much meditation over the next few days for him to come to the conclusion that he was indeed the one needed for what ever job was ahead. That seemed obvious. Though for Pyxa he couldn't feel comfortable until he had all the facts ahead of him. His path had always been clear in his mind. He knew when the time was right to leave his family for seclusion, and when to return to them. He knew that coming to Haven was the ideal road for his training and for his goals to maintain order in this world. And now the time was right for his next step, and this is what brought him to a city guard, Seere by his side of course, as he prepared to speak the words "Silence is Golden."

BarkWolfBacon updated Kamirotha: End of an Age with a new update entry:

Expansion Preview #2

New Weapons

Repeating Crossbow

The repeating crossbow
is technology brought over with the new races, and the dwarves are more than excited to get their hands on it and dissect its engineering. It holds 4 bolts, the cylinder rotates the drawstring back after each shot, meaning the only manual reload and drawstring pull would be after it is empty.

crossbow.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

River Hold Tavern, Dro'fyr

Cadwy Jetcoal
FxNA172.jpg
Cadwy shuffled to the table Elendynn had been sitting in. A woman sipping ale was a thing Cadwy couldn't look at enough. The dwarven women... Well... Cadwy didn't have an affection towards them, however, Elendynn seemed like a woman he'd get down with, if only she was a tad bit shorter. The blonde girl, however, didn't get drunk as easily as some dwarven women. That's what he liked the most about Elen.

"Oy, why'd ye always have t'run off like dat? I mean, I get ye ale n' ye go ahead orderin' yer own. More f'me den." Cadwy laughed as he sad on a chair right in front of Elendynn. He had very important news to tell Elendynn and a facor to ask, however, drinking the huge mugs of ale was more important and had to be done first. His beard got some ale stuck onto it, but he just licked it off easily.

@Stickdom

To Haven: Wilderness(?)

T.E.S.S.A gazed about herself in something akin to reverent awe. The forests of Grove really were as beautiful as she had always been told and for some reason they gave her a sense of nostalgic longing. She shrugged it off, attributing it to the fact that she was of elven blood. There was no way she could actually remember this place after all her entire life only extended a year into the past. In that time she had never left Dro'fyr once. Though she could not deny the beauty of her desert home the wild forests were another entirely different kind of beautiful. The soft snort of her horse snapped her from her thoughts and she glanced down at the creature. The horse was a sturdy one, a stallion with a black coat offset by the white blaze running down the center of its face, the white "socks", and it's white mane and tail. She had brought it with the money she had been intending to use for the long carriage ride from Seawind to Haven, opting to simply purchase a map and ride there on her own so she could see more of the land. That was the part about this strange trip that excited her the most, the chance to finally explore the world beyond the laboratory.

Patting the horse gently on the side of it's neck T.E.S.S.A removed the map from her pouch. She cast a glance at it and then the rode ahead of her. Deciding she was still on the right path she smiled, rolling the map and tucking it away for safe keeping. Gathering the reigns up in her hands she urged the horse out of the leisurely walk they had been going at and in to a trot. She was eager to get where she was going, to open yet another chapter in her adventure. She gave the horse it's head, letting it run as it will as they broke from the trees into a long stretch of grassy plains. She was hoping the would reach one of the smaller towns on the way to Haven before nightfall. She didn't exactly need to rest, but her horse would and starting out from a town would be better for her in plotting direction. But even if they didn't make it things would be fine, T.E.S.S.A wouldn't mind spending the night in the woods.

A Mysterious Note, A Dead Man, and a Long Walk

Isenrah searched the bodies of the bandits that attacked her. She found a bag of gold, most likely stolen from some of their earlier victims, a vial that said Warrior's Will on it, a small bag of food, the usual stuff that bandits had. Nothing out of the ordinary. Except for one thing... On each of them she found a tarot card, "The Tower". On the back of them it said

Shamseya is dead, your cause is dead.

You are hopeless. Hated, destitute, hunted.

If your desire for revenge is greater than your dedication to your failed Incursion, a change is coming.

Pick your side, vagrants.

-I

They must've been part of Shamseya's army before he was overthrown. Isenrah thought. But who is this "I" person? And what sort of change was he talking about? She decided to show it to the Councillor when she got to Haven. Speaking of which... She walked over to the carriage to see if the driver was still alive. He was not. There was an arrow lodged in his throat, and when she checked for a pulse, there was none. "Nuuta," She swore. She pulled the arrow from her own shoulder, then put her hand to it to stop the bleeding. She didn't have anything she could use to bandage it. She walked down the forest trail towards having, clutching at her right shoulder, hoping she wasn't going to pass out from blood loss.

Elendynn Glace, River Hold Tavern

She shrugged, "Sorry, Cads, I had some urgent business to take care of. Had a run in with some pirates earlier, wanna see my shiner?" She lifted up the corner of her shirt just enough for Cadwy to see the enormous purpled skin, with white and red marks running all through it where the skin had been stretched. "Fell off me Rider and the sand didn't want to catch me today." She took another swig of her ale, this Dwarvish brew was many times stronger than her father's fine liquors, which had been a necessity while sailing to keep the croup and scurvy away. Some of her Desert Rat companions called her "The Mackerel" behind her back, because "she takes to the water, drinks like a fish, and won't let no man catch her."

She finished off her draught, turning the glass top-side down on the table as a sign to the table boy that she was done, then stretched and clunked her booted feet up onto the table one at a time. She leaned back and put her hands behind her head, "Well, Cads, what was it you wanted to see me for? It must be something pretty 'portant if you came crawling out over the dunes like a gecko to find me." She liked Cadwy, they looked out for each other over the last few years, after she had rescued him. He was quite a bit older than she was, yet somehow his adventuring spirit placed him as the brother she never had, a friendship more than being mere coincidental acquaintances.

@Trevor B Harper

Haven, At Last

Arawen had been riding for hours, her body was starting to ache from the fight, adding to the dull throbbing pain from her broken arm. The mare was plodding along slowly, the sound of her hooves on the dirt road, her breath and the creaking of the saddles were the only real sounds she was paying attention to. The sound of the wind though the trees and the birds overhead were white noise, she wasn't paying any attention to them, she didn't have the capacity right now. All she wanted was to get to Haven and find a healer, recover, then go hunting for these other temples. She raised her head and looked forward, feeling a surge of hope as the familiar shape of Haven greeting her gaze in the distance. It wasn't far now, just a little longer and she'd be free of this pain.

It was about half an hour before she finally reached the gates of Haven and passed through them, the sound of people bustling and talking surrounding her. She had only been here twice before, and both times were short visits so she had no idea where the healers were.

"Excuse me." She stopped in front of a stall. "Sir, do you know where I'd find a healer?" Politeness would go a long way here.

The man looked her up and down, his gaze focusing on her splinted arm for a moment before he pointed up the road. "Head up there, see that big building? Ask there."

"Thanks." She nodded and nudged the mare forwards, making her way through the crowd slowly towards the building.

(If anyone wants to be bumped into by a horse to force interaction, go for it :D )

River Hold Tavern, Dro'fyr

Cadwy Jetcoal
FxNA172.jpg
Shaking his hairy head like a stray dog he dried up his beard from the ale he was drinking. Dwarves tend to miss the mugs to their mouths and spill ale all over their beards. Luckily, they protect their clothes. Little drops of ale spew to all sides as he shook his head just before taking another large gulp at the ale, finishing the first glass. 'One more t'go!' He thought to himself, but heard Elendynn speak.

"Well, I have a favor t'ask of ye. A huge favor. I got me dis letter from some guy. He said t'was for me n' I want ye t'drive me ole' self to this place." Cadwy said as he plopped own the letter on the table. He was smiling, hoping that Elendynn will do him this huge favor. The Desert Rats were a good lot, but this was something big to ask for, even for Cadwy.

@Stickdom

Out of no where a beautiful golden horse cut them off from the nearest guard. Atop the steed was a red headed elf woman who appeared to be slightly younger than Pyxaanthal. She was fierce looking, maybe because of her hair, but more because of the look in her eyes. She had also seen some sort of battle recently. That was clear due to her out of place hair, and her broken arm. Pyxaanthal simple looked up to the woman and said, "You needed healing. Come down from there and I will assist you." He prided himself on his skills as a healer. Many times during his seclusion he'd find an injured animal that needed healing, a bird with a broken wing or a goat with a broken leg. The creatures began to recognize him as some sort of mystic and would come to him with any sort of injury, including trivial problems such as an upset stomach. This was one of the reasons he knew it was time to leave the forest. He'd begun to disturb the natural order of things by allowing the animals to rely on his healing them rather than get better themselves. None the less his powers were needed now and he reached into a pouch full of medicinal herbs that he kept attached around his ankle and pulled out a few roots that he'd need to assist the elf woman.

Suddenly, A Healer!

The crowd was parting slowly as she rode toward the temple at the far end of the road, she paid no one any notice. She heard their words and ignored their conversations. That was, until one of the people, a wild looking elf almost bumped into the mare and almost instantly offered to heal her. Well, that was going to save going the rest of the way to the temple.

"Let's just, go over there. There's more room." She pointed to a grassy area, not unlike a small park.

It was more logical to move out of the way of the bustling crowd, rather than try and heal in the middle of the road. That was just asking for trouble. She turned the mare towards the small park area and nudged her forward, moving through the crowd and pulling her to a stop once they were out of the crowd. She carefully dismounted, jarring her arm slightly and gritting her teeth. Her face twisted into a mask of pain for a few moments before she took a deep breath to calm herself.

"Okay, do your thing." She sat down on a stump.

(@UniLad246 Also she's younger xD She's 37, he's 50.)

(Edited. Sorry. guess I can't read lol)

By request of the woman they moved to the grassy area. The benches were all occupied by noisy groups and couples but it wouldn't be enough to distract Pyxaanthal. He'd concede healed a bear cub as the mother tried to rip his face off.

As the woman dismounted her face contorted with pain. She sat on a tree stump and Pyxa knelt on the ground. He crushed up the roots he had withdrawn from his pouch and rubbed them between his palms as he muttered ancient Elvish words of power. "Barr'en toh gullet dumari cahn talo." He blew the root powder into her striking hair and grabbed her broken arm.

"This will not be pleasant but it will be effecient,'" he told her as the true magic began. His hands glowed green as he shifted his palms around the broken bones. They creaked loudly as they crawled back into place bit by bit. It made even Pyxaanthan cringe as he wasn't used to healing people, just animals. When it was finally finished he asked, "Are you better?" Insensitive as straight to the point as always.

She watched him quietly as he crushed the roots in his hands, as they crumbled to dust, he began to mutter something in some dialect of Elvish she didn't recognise. Once the words were finished, he blew on the powder in his hand towards the top of her head. It settled on her hair and at that point, she wondered if she was accepting the help of an unhinged person. She had taken the splint off her arm as he crumbled the roots and when he grabbed her arm, she had a feeling it was going to hurt. Even before he informed her.

His hands began to glow green and as he moved them over the broken area, Arawen prepared herself for the oncoming pain. The bones began to move slowly, creaking as they inched back into place at a painstakingly slow pace. The sound sent a shiver down her spine, but the pain distracted her from the sound. It was hard to not cry out as the bones knitted back together and reset, the pain dulling down shortly after.

"Yeah, it's good." She replied, getting to her feet and flexing her arm to test it out.

The rest of her body was still sore, but there was nothing to be done about it but deal with it. She'd no doubt have some bruises by tomorrow. Without even thinking or thanking the stranger, the redhead mounted the mare and turned her, starting to head back to the road. She would visit the market next and try to sell some of the spoils from that blood mage.

(@UniLad246 )

You arrived in Haven, its busy streets alive and pulsing with the day to day rituals of the many cultures that form it. The letter you were holding had said to find a guard and say, Silence is Golden, which many of you did.

But it was not the reaction you had expected, the men instead turned from you, quickly leaving. This led some of you to wait in confusion, and some of you to meet others who had also received letters.

Within 15 minutes of the guards departing your presence, however, new figures approached you clad in dark grey leather armor, cloaks with large hoods, and battle worn weapons. They were the Council's personal guard- elite troops of all races, masters of combat and bound by oath for life to protect the Council from all threats.

"Councillor Valen Thorn requests that you come with us." they say, and escort you to the Palladium, the Council chambers in Haven. It is a large, domed building, designed clearly for debate and government. It is not unlike an arena, though no blood is shed here, only words and policies. It is a beautiful building, a blending of architectures from each culture. The fine marble and stonework is clearly dwarven, the arches beautiful and perfect. The walls are lined with organic looking carvings and features, the elves favorite natural look. And the furniture itself is sturdy and comfortable, of human make.

To your surprise, the council chamber is empty, and the Council Guard have shut the doors, those of you who arrived are alone in the chambers.

(Take as many posts as you need to cover all that I just talked about, wanted to give those of you in Haven something to do while the others catch up, you don't have to all see him together- so don't worry about slowing down.)

@CrowHunter @Solitaire

The guard in front of Merek raised his brows at the short few words, surprise evident on his face. After a moment he regained his composure and flattened his expression to the same dull stare he had possessed before and ran off rather suddenly. It was as if the man had been trained for this very moment but had never expected for it to happen. But now Merek was left alone, without any idea of what was going on or what this even was. He stood still, not wanting to leave lest the guard should come back, but he raised his eyes to look back at the city he was entering with wonder and great appreciation.

Like his own home city, it had quite a bit of vertical height to it. The towers of the city seemed to stretch all the way up to the hazy clouded sky above. It was not nearly as tall as what he was used to, but the buildings were far more elegant and the streets far more bustling with a diversity that was surprising. Tall thin elves and short stout dwarves alike could be found here. Here people watching was actually intriguing, if only because seeing a dwarf or an elf in Axefell was something of a rarity. There was something unnerving about the elves, though. Their ethereal appearance and sleek movements seemed god-like. The fact that they lived twice the human lifespan didn't help.

Nestled in a small grassy patch were two elves, though these two were striking even among their species. The male was decorated with strange painted markings, tribal and rather primitive looking. His hair hung in thick dark dreadlocks around his shoulders. The woman was far more interesting to Merek, however. She was red-haired like himself, with a small delicate face almost like a fairy. Her nose was pointed slightly upwards, and perhaps this was the only thing that kept her from being truly beautiful. Suddenly the male elf started crushing up roots and sprinkling them on her head. Before Merek could look at much more, however, his vision was obstructed by another surge in the crowd. A surge which was forced to walk around the hulking frame of his ice-bear. I suppose that means that the best thing to do is to go up on that green spot. Not that I mind. It appears there is a rather interesting event to watch.

Merek pulled on the rope around the beast's neck, leading it through the crowd. The nice thing about walking into a city with a big lumbering creature like this was that people were easily inclined to move out of the way and steer clear. It didn't take him long to get to the grass as a result. Once he was there, however, he found the red haired girl to be sanding up and stretching her arm. It seemed he missed the show, though he wasn't even really sure what the show was even about. What had they been doing? He supposed he'd never know. Giving them both a curt nod, Merek sat down, finally giving himself the opportunity to rest. It wasn't until he'd sat down that he realized just how tired he was.

"Are you two from around here?"

As quickly as the woman left another appeared, though this one was human and not an elf, a man and not a woman. Pyxaanthal was intrigued by this human's question. Since the dawn of Unity almost no one was from around these parts as many traveled far to be apart of the convergence of all people.

"I am not from here, human, and by the looks of it neither are you." Pyxa spoke to the man but made eye contact with the ice bear. He slowly raised a hand to the beast's forehead and began scratching it between the eyes. "What a magnificent creature. Is it your companion, as Seere is mine?"

Pyxa was completely enthralled with the bear, having never seen one from the icy west before. He pulled from his belt a long carrot, splitting it in two and feeding the larger half to the bear and the smaller to his baby unicorn friend.

Silence Is Golden

Arm now healed, the red-haired elf made her way through Haven to the market. Like the rest of the city, the marketplace was bustling with life. Vendors were hawking their wares from a variety of places. Some had permanent stalls, their wares on display, some selling from wagons, their horses waiting patiently. A few had some fresh fruits and vegetables resting in some wooden wheelbarrows, selling what few things they could spare. Some of them were selling armour and weapons, jewelry and relics. She spotted one man buying an axe from a human and made her way over towards his stand, dismounting. Once the transaction was complete, she took the longsword and staff from the back of the mare.

"How much for these?" She unrolled them and held them out, dried blood and all.

The human looked at the redhead awkwardly, obviously wanting to ask something but not wiling too. "The uh... the blood?"

"Oh, blood mage. He lost, I won. So, how much?"

"I uh... Well..." He seemed a little less awkward now, slightly, as he put some coins into a bag and held it out to her.

Arawen took the bag with one hand and weighed it against her other one, it seemed about the right amount. "Yeah, it'll do. Now, I've got somewhere to be."

She'd sell these crystals later, right now, she'd remembered that the letter had instructions on it and after all, the redhead was curious. Leading the mare out of the market, she hunted for a guard and approached him, looking him straight in the face.

"Silence is Golden."

The guard just turned away from her and left, leaving her standing there looking confused. Well, that wasn't meant to happen, was it? Shortly after, in fact, just before she was deciding to leave, she found herself approached by a group of dark-grey clad figures who looked like they had seen more than their fair share of fighting.

"Councillor Valen Thorn requests that you come with us." One of the men say, his face mostly obscured by the large hood of his cloak.

"Alright, let's go then."

"I hail from Axefell, but I am here on business," Merek replied with a nod, and smiled as he saw the elf's interest in the bear. Slowly his eyes rested on the small foal that was beside the elf- a small foal with a horn as the elf mentioned it, calling it Seere. Was it really a unicorn? Merek had never seen one himself, only heard the tales. This one did not seem so grand. In fact, it seemed rather fragile and delicate with the wide-eyed gaze of a baby. Its mane was not yet long, nor was its tail; they were covered in the short slightly curly hair that normal foals so often get. And yet something about that horn protruding through its forehead made it rare and special, almost sacred. Still, Merek practically felt cheated that this was the first unicorn he got to see, this one that looked so very much like a normal horse and not like the legends he had heard. It was disappointing.

"He has been my companion for several days now, and I suppose I shall keep him. After all, if I'm to head back to my home once this business is done, I will need a steed to take me there. Horses tend to sink into the snow and their hooves become slick against the ice, so a bear is the best way to go," the redhead responded, his hand coming up to the shoulder of the bear which was covered in thick fur. "He's grown on me, honestly. At first he seemed rather intimidating, but he's really rather likable. He's not even close to being a smooth ride, however. It's quite like being on an over-sized rocking horse."

Merek turned as he saw a flock of men dressed in dark uniforms start to approach. Their wore hoods and leather armor and in their hands carried worn blades and weapons of all kinds. What sort of trouble had he gotten himself into? His face contorted to one of confusion and fear. No matter how good of a fighter he was, he would never be able to best all of these men. Men who undoubtedly had more training than he could dream of. For a moment he stood, his mouth agape, and then he quickly shut it, drawing himself up to his full height and raising his brows.

"Is there anything you-" Merek stammered, but was cut off by the varied voices of the dark-clothed people.

"Merek Cartwright, Councillor Valen Thorn requests that you come with us," they murmured in unison, standing in a line before him.

"Where to?" he questioned, but they did not answer him, only stood and stared. He looked back at the elf and then forward again to the group. "This is about the letter, correct? I shall accompany you, then. Not that it looks like I have much of a choice."

Elendynn Glace, River Hold Tavern

Elendynn read over Cadwy's letter quickly, though she only read the first few lines before she recognized what it said. "T-this... this is mine... but I was sure I kept it..." She reached into her satchel, pulling out an identical letter and throwing it onto the table next to Cadwy's. So it was real, this wasn't her father, this was someone else. Someone powerful. And they wanted her. And him. Them. "Cadwy, leave your ale, we don't have time." For Elendynn of all people, who enjoyed a good brew better than some of the brewers themselves, this was a serious statement. "Meet me outside of the tavern here in an hour, ready to go. If you're not here, I'm going without you, plain and simple. whoever this bastard is, they're up to something, and I'm not sure if it's in a good way or a bad'un." She stood, threw the coins for the drinks on the table and walked quickly to the door, despite the barkeep's call for her to stay a while and storytell with the rest of the boys as she usually did. The slamming of the tavern door in a less-than-friendly manner was his only answer.

She didn't take longer than she needed to, her Rider was running down the streets in record time, dodging late-night carousers and empty wagons left sit for the evening. Her house was only several streets away, but it felt like a journey of itself just walking through the front door. Elendynn packed lightly, throwing her usual equipment into its rucksack, strapping her trusty harpoon onto the outside of the pack, ready with a rope for hauling in whatever was unlucky enough to be on the other end. The crossbow from earlier was still in the crate that was attached to her Rider, and she considered leaving it, but decided it wouldn't be a burden to bring it, that it might be of use somehow. She brought food rations for several weeks worth, though only stale and dehydrated, nothing delicious, but it was filling and energizing. The last she packed was a spellbook entailing Myopic Magic Training, something she had been studying, though it was far from easy.

Fully geared, she arrived back in front of the tavern exactly an hour after she had told Cadwy to be there, though he was yet to be seen. "Damn it, Cadwy, you have three minutes or I'm gone."

@Trevor B Harper

Gwendolyn Dewitt - Reaching Haven

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh sweet baby Gertrud, blotching fairy arse, shit, shit!" A string of curses flew so elegantly from Gwen's lips, as she tried to disinfect her battle-wound. She was sitting on the battleground amongst bundles of bones, as she winced everytime, she crunched over too much. Having fiercely fought a creepy cloaked man and his 'underlings' for no apparent reason, she was left irritated, angry, and in so much pain. Luckily the wound wasn't too deep, only in an inconvienient spot; right across her stomach. She rinsed the blood with her waterskin, and used one of her shirts to bandage it. "By the sweet seven seas, I swear, I will find that bastard... That was my favorite shirt too..." She muttered angrily to herself, finally standing up.

It hurt, but it would heal in time. Hopefully it wouldn't get infected. Gwendolyn was exhausted from the battle and the heat, but her streak of stubbornness dragged her over to the cliff, where her attacker had been standing. Maybe he left a trail or something. A mild look of surprise came over her pale features, as she saw he had indeed left something behind. His satchel. He must've forgotten it? Maybe it's a trap. She eyed it suspiciously, poking it with her polearm, spilling its contents by accident. Something glinted in the sun, and she picked it up, inspecting it in her hands. A dagger. An obsidian dagger, nonetheless. Huh, well the battle wasn't worthless afterall.

Going through the rest of the content, she found some useless things and some interesting ones. In the end, she took a vial of something. It looked like a health potion, but she couldn't be sure. Last but not least, she had found a small, darkmatter crystal, which she could probably sell for some gold. Wiping sweat of her forehead, she gave one last look over the old battlefield. Maybe it really is cursed, she scoffed and scurried away as fast as her body would let her.

Just before she thought, she was going to die, the great towers of Haven peeked in the horizon. Cursing herself for going through this much trouble for a silly parchment, she begrudgingly walked into the bustling city. The first thing she did though was find a tavern, where she could rest. After having eaten a meal fit for 2 grown men along with some sweet Ale, she sat by her window seat, observing the people walking by. There were plenty of elves, as she had assumed. But a lot of humans too. She stood up and placed a few coins for the meal, grabbing her backpack. She could feel the stares of some of the men around her and it made her look down at her skimpy mid-riff top, and trousers; maybe her clothes were weird for Haven standards? Shrugging to herself, she left the tavern and found a guard.

She looked at him a bit awkwardly, as he stared forward, not acknowledging her presence. What was I supposed to say again?" Clearing her throat, she tried to get his attention. "Valar Morghulis." Wait, that wasn't it. Her pale cheeks turned just a slight tint of pink, as the guard gave her the dumbest look. "No-, I have no idea where that came from, that's not what I meant!" Rummaging through her backpack, she found the parchment and skimmed it again. "Ah! Silence is golden?" She tried again and looked up at the guard, who had suddenly dissappeared from her. "W-wait, where'd you... Are all Haven people this rude?"

Cadwy Jetcoal
FxNA172.jpg

He watched Elendynn hurry out of the tavern. It wasn't that much of a deal to him personally though, he just wanted to find out who these people are and what they want. Cadwy always thought best of himself and usually bloated to others about himself, how cool and accurate he is with his crossbow.

Not much time passed when he finished his ale and got out of the tavern himself. Some of his boys were still there, however, unlike Elendynn, he didn't go to pack his things. He had almost nothing to take with him. He went to the military barracks. There, he officially wrote a pact in which he states that he gives the General title to a dwarf dear to him. From there, he traversed the town to a place he called home, and took a few basic things and supplies as that was all he'd need. And a lot of food. A lot of food. And booze. He loves booze. Who doesn't love booze?

He came back just in time as he found Elendynn beside her vehicle. "Oy, I'm 'ere. Sorry ye had t'wait." He said huffing and puffing. He was tired from all the running to places.

@Stickdom

((Btw, his name is pronounced Sad-wee))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back