• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Just trying to get by (FadixFaithWynters)

FaithWynters

The Cuppycakecreep
Supporter
A private roleplay between @Fadi and @FaithWynters

So character A and character B have moved to town very recently. Everything was planned out. Character A was going to move in with her boyfriend that she met online and split rent with him, and Character B had already made the appointments to sign the lease for an apartment to enjoy by himself. It was a very small and very cheap apartment, but that was all he could afford on an [insert occupation] income every month.

Well, Character A flies into the city with the only things she owns in her few little bags. She has sold almost everything else in order to get the cash she needs to start up a life here in the big city. Well everything sort of falls through when she knocks on the door of the apartment and realizes that her boyfriend has been enjoying the company of several women who he's also asked to come live with him.

After about a week of sleeping in bus stations and on park benches, character A is finally able to find an apartment that suits her liking. The only problem is that the apartment is a little too nice and she must have a roommate to help her balance the cost of the place. Well after the first month of not paying rent, the roommate that character A found herself with, disappeared with her things and never came back.

Character B has been living comfortably in his little apartment for the past months. Enjoying life in the big city, he's kept mainly to himself, and has set his mind on working. Well, a wrench is thrown into his life when the electricity in one of the apartments in his building catches fire and burns the place to the ground. Now, he's hardly got anything, and he's got to find a place to live ASAP so that he can try to get his life back on track.

Searching for apartments with roommates that aren't sketchy in such a big city is hard, so character B has to take great care when finding someplace to live. He goes through every single listing in the newspaper and online and finds nothing that is in his price range and acceptable. That's when, passing by a small community board in the subway, he see's a flyer that catches his attention. Character A has been looking for a roommate long enough that she's almost run out of savings trying to keep the apartment. She's desperate, and has gone through many interviews to try and find a tenant. No one seems normal in the city. It's her flyer, with a single phone number on it. Specifically on the flyer it states: "Males need not apply", but character B is desperate.

He calls the number anyway, and tries to set up an appointment. When character A easily turns him down, he throws out the only lie he thinks might get him the interview: he's gay.

“No, Ma’am. They don’t allow cats in the apartment.” They did, but not on the scale this woman was talking.. The smile was the only thing that had kept the two cordial throughout this whole interview. Emma had been hopelessly disappointed when the women—who had sounded about her age on the phone—was actually thirty years her elder. That might not have been so bad, but she came in reeking of cat pee and alcohol. It wasn’t a good start, and for the longest time, Emma just wanted the interview to be over.

“We’ll that’s a shame!” There was a happy giggle. Emma just tried to keep her smile as pleasant possible as she pulls herself up from the chair. The apartment is warm and comfortable. The elder, with her greying hair and her extremely long and pink fingernails, pulls herself quickly from the chair. “I was hoping I could bring a few of my lovelies with me.” She walked toward the door.

“Well I’ll be making a decision by the end of the day. I’ve got quite a few people that have come in for interviews and I’ve got to think over my options.” Emma opened the door for the elderly woman. She was outside before a response could be thought up. “It was a pleasure meeting you!” The quiet click of the door was a sigh of relief for Emma. She brought her hand up and flicked the lock closed. That was the fifth and last interview she had scheduled, and it had been a disaster.

“That was horrible.” She mumbled under her breath and turned to walk back toward the couch. Her laptop sat closed on the coffee table. She had a lot of thinking to do. There was the old cat lady, the high computer science major, and the annoyingly bubbly girl with the strange eye twitch… and so many more. There were too many people that all seemed so wrong. She didn’t know what to do.

“I’m never going to find someone to pay the rent…” A quiet groan escaped Emma’s lips as she curled up in the corner of the couch. She clicked on the television and enjoyed the background noise as she scrolled through the feed that she had already pulled up on her computer. There was little choice for her. She needed to clear her mind and think about who she would call later. It was a big and horrible decision that Emma wasn’t looking forward to the phone call, and she just hoped that some miracle would happen and she would find the perfect roommate out of nowhere.

Andy had been staring at his reflection in the mirror for a good while. Yes it was the bathroom of a restaurant but it was quiet and that's what he needed to think. It had been three days since his house was burned down and he lost everything he had. "I still can't believe it... what are the chances..." He muttered as he stared into the mirror. "Everything you've worked so hard to get, the apartment that you paid all you have to buy. Gone just like that. What the hell are you going to do now champ?"

The past three days have been one big nightmare. He had been sitting at a cafe enjoying a cup of coffee after work, he always liked to go there to relax. And just watch people around him as they went on with their business. He lived alone so from time to time he loved to just go to crowded places and just sit there and enjoy the chaos. It reminded him that he's not totally alone in the world.

It was then when the call came. There had been an accident and his apartment was burning. He didn't believe it at first, it was his neighbor that called him and thought he was pulling a prank at him. Until his neighbor started screaming at him to go and try to save anything before it's too late. Yet even with the great speed that he traveled in he was too late. the fire was still raging, fire fighters were doing all they can but it was clear that it was too late.

Ever since he had been looking for a place to stay but every apartment he had called to rent was either too expensive or already taken or only rents to entire families or some other damn reason. Andy was never a man who would be broken easily but this might be what breaks him. Hitting the sink hard with his hand he left the bathroom and paid for what he ate at the cashier then exited. He walked in the street while trying to think about what to do when he noticed it. It was a flier, it's a place where he could rent. with a single phone number on it. Specifically on the flyer it states: "Males need not apply" But he was desperate enough to try anything now. He took a deep breath and dialed the number.

Quietly, she watched the screen of her laptop quietly. Her fingers pecked away at the keys as she wrote quietly. The television had been muted, and the quiet hum of the small fish tank in the corner of the room kept the silence from swimming around her and piercing her ears and sending her into an uncomfortable tizzy. Usually, no music would have been playing through this time. Emma would have enjoyed the calm hum of the fish and her writing, but today it was troubled. Her worries bled into her thoughts and made anything she wrote themed of regret and pain. It was a simple thought, and one only a writer who truly felt the feeling could express. Maybe something good would come out of this, or maybe she would find another thing that she could dispose of in her recycle bin. She wouldn’t know until she looked back on it, edited it how she wished, and hopefully could send it to a publisher.

“Oh” A quiet gasp escaped Emma as a harsh sound ripped through the calmness that had settled around her room. She had jumped, and the machine that sat in her lap had almost gone toppling down to the floor. She caught it just as it began to slide down her pajama pants. The distraction had come from her phone, which now rang excessively in a crease of the couch. She grabbed at it and it vibrated heavily in her hand. She checked the front, and the numbers that ran across the screen were unknown to her. There was nothing else she could do. Without really thinking, she unlocked the phone and answered the call.

“Hello?” It was a meek question into the phone, as she suddenly regretted answering the question. What if this was someone from earlier that wanted to know if they had gotten the apartment. “Look, if I’ve had an interview with you today in regards to the apartment, I won’t be deciding until later today.” She would burn that bridge before it began. She didn’t want to have to really deal with someone being rude because she turned them away; they probably would have thought she just didn’t want to tell them they didn’t get the apartment. Emma slid the laptop out of her lap and onto the couch beside her. She uncrossed her legs and crossed them once again as she settled in the seat. She grabbed at a tablet that lay on one of the end tables; maybe it was a publisher calling her. That would be a blessing.

Andy didn't know what to expect as he waited for someone to answer, why was he even bothering? the flier made it very clear that he would be rejected but at this point he really was willing to try or do anything to find a place to sleep in. He started walking as he stared blankly infront of him, what was he going to say? 'I know you add stated no men but I thought I'd try anyway?' maybe he could pretend that he didn't notice that part of the flier. Lost in thought he bumped into an older man. "Excuse me sir, so sorry" The old man nodded back at him with a smile.

Though Andy was happy about the weather, it was perfect for a walk and... maybe sleeping outside if it came to that, suddenly the phone answered. It was a woman, she had a nice voice though by the way she answered it looked like she was in a bad mood. She said “Look, if I’ve had an interview with you today in regards to the apartment, I won’t be deciding until later today.” Andy was confused for a bit before he composed himself and talked. "Uhh Greetings, No I'm afraid I didn't go through any interviews yet but I've been looking for a place to stay for a while and I saw your flier. You're looking or a roommate that would pay his share of the rent and I was wondering if it's still available. I can pay half the first payment on advance if you'd like." He knew that he sounded stupid but it was a long shot anyway.

For a moment, as she sat through the silence, she was excited that she may—for once—have found someone to take the other room in the apartment. When the voice began by trailing into a confused “Uhh” noise, her hopes were dashed once again. It was a male voice that began on the other line. It was a voice that she didn’t want to here. It meant that it wasn’t another applicant for the housing…Or it was. She hoped that the quiet sigh that escaped her lips didn’t escape into the phone. She really didn’t want to sound rude or disappointed. The sound of paying the first month in advance would be nice. She knew that she could count on the money, but…he was a man and he had turned down many men before that for the same reason.

“I’m sorry…” She always had to be polite—she had found out the hard way that people would blow up when being told no. “I’m sure you really need the apartment, but the flier specifically said no males.” Her voice was soft. She really wasn’t looking forward to the shouting. “I do hope you’ll understand. It’s for security reasons—it’s less complicated that way.” She smiled softly; her voice matched the curves of her lips. “I appreciate your consideration, though, but I’m not comfortable sharing an apartment with a male stranger.”

Andy stopped walking as he listened to what she had to say. This woman seemed pretty determined not to take any males as roommates. Yet he found himself thinking, refusing to give up. He had just a few second and his mind raced through the possibilities but it was a dead end. He had nothing, there was no chance for this one but hey, atleast he tried. It's gonna be another long day of being homeless and he couldn't afford to stay at a hotel.

He took a deep breath and was about to thank the woman and apologize for wasting her time when his eyes landed on two guys walking together in his direction. Holding hands and... it looked like they were a couple. His eyes went wide as he realized that there might be a way. But is he willing to go that far to get this apartment? It was a very big lie and not something to mess around with. The truth is, he would do anything to land this apartment because if he had a place to stay then maybe he could start putting is life back together. He arranged his thoughts in his mind as he began to answer. "Yes ofcourse I understand, I mean if I put myself in your place I would be scared to have a guy as my roommate too. But you see the truth is... I'm... I'm gay, and I assure you I would have no interest to harass you in anyway that would make you uncomfortable and I'm a guy that usually keeps to himself so most of the time you won't even know that I'm there." Andy added a little sadness to his voice as he lowered it. "I... My house was burned down and I've lost pretty much everything. I really need this and I promise you if you give me the chance you won't regret it." Andy then was silent, hoping against hope that it would convince her.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a pause. At first, she thought that the person on the other end of the line had simply hung up. She sat there, listening to the quiet sounds of the living room. She hoped that she wasn’t stupidly sitting there, waiting for someone to say something that was nothing. It wouldn’t have mattered really, because she had already said no to him. She let out another quiet sigh and moved to pull the phone from her ear.

Then, the words seemed to run together in a frenzy of emotions. Emma felt her heart cringe. He was homeless? That was horrible. And he was gay. That was fine, wasn’t it? A gay man wouldn’t force himself upon her. A soft breath escaped her lips. Gay was fine. He sounded normal…didn’t he? The thought that he could be lying never crossed Emma’s mind—she trusted far too easily.

“That’s horrible…” She spoke softly, the pity in her body spilling out of her mouth and through the phone. “Look—I’ve turned down a lot of men already for this apartment…” She couldn’t live with herself if she didn’t just give him a chance. He had no home. Besides, there wasn’t enough time for her to make up a real and legitimate excuse as to why she didn’t want to give him a chance. Something told her that she needed to give him an opportunity to impress her. “But maybe you could come over and have an interview? See if you’re a right fit for the apartment.” She couldn’t say ‘well since you’re gay and all, come on over!’ That was probably a little insensitive. So Emma decided on a little more diplomatic approach. “And for me.”

She readjusted herself on the couch and looked across the apartment. It was pretty clean, and the furniture—all stuff she had found at Ikea and put together herself—were all whites and blue-greys. It was a neutral color that she seemed to enjoy quite a lot. The navy blue accent wall was already painted when she moved in so the furniture fit well.

“The apartment is on the corner of Rockwell and Sims. Fifth floor. Apartment number 26.”

Andy couldn't believe what he was hearing as she said that she would interview him. Did it REALLY work? He was filled with happiness and excitement but he didn't let it show on his voice as he answered. "Thanks you for giving me a chance. I'll be there as soon as I can, I think I have an idea about where the place is." And with that he hung up the phone then raised his arms in the air as high as he could while screaming "YES!!!!" Then with his arms still raised he looked around him... he totally forgot that he was in the middle of the street and everyone was staring at him now. But what the hell that yes scream was totally worth it. "Sorry about that." he said to the people around him as he started walking again. Some of them had smiles on their faces.

As Andy walked and thought about what he had done he became less and less happy. Yes he got the interview and he may even land the apartment. But it would all be based on a big-ass lie. He kept putting himself in the lady's place and whichever way he looks at it, it was terrible. A terrible idea and a terrible thing to do. He was sick with himself... But isn't this what he had always resorted to when he needed it. Doing what ever it takes, no matter what the consequences were? It was the only way he could survive after his parent's death. But he was sure about one thing. He would never try to harass or annoy this woman if she accepted him, she's practically saving his life. And he promised himself that he would tell her the truth after a while. After she gets to know him and know that he would never mean her any harm.Though she would probably be the one that will mean him harm after that. He imagined her holding a shotgun and running after him. He shook his head, he'll just have to wait and see what weapon she'll use. Though his money was on a high heel.

Andy knew the area that the apartment was in and after about 90 minutes of walking he finally reaches the place. Even standing infront of the building's front door he still hated what he did very very much. And a huge part of him wanted to turn back. "Well.. you've made it this far champ, why not go all the way." Andy looked at the building. It was nice, it had a simple yet very eye catching and interesting architecture. Yup this will do nicely. Then a thought came across his mind. What if she asked him gay-related questions? things only a gay would know... wait do such questions even exist? he couldn't think of a single one. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves, he was going to see this through. Then he entered the building.

There was another short moment of silence, and Emma wondered if they had lost connection. She eyed the phone quietly for a moment before the sounds on the other end drew her in close once more. He was very calm, and that fact soothed her worried mind a little bit. Maybe he wouldn’t be getting excited at the drop of a hat and screaming all the time—she had a woman do that in an interview two days ago. The memory was still horrifying.

“Mhm” It was the only response she gave before the line went dead. He would be here as soon as he could. In a city so large, there was no telling how long that would take. Did he have a car? Would to call a taxi? Would he just take the subway? The timespan in which he could arrive was a little unnerving, but Emma took the time to tidy up a little bit more. There really was little for her to do. She closed her laptop, and sat it on the end table. The room had been clean in expectance of the first visitor to her home so there was little she could do.

She had somehow found herself in the bathroom, looking at herself quietly in the mirror. She was truly having a battle with herself. Would he try to judge her for her clothes? She currently was wearing a pair of capris and a sweater that had ‘Cute but Psycho’ scrawled across the front of it for everyone to see. Part of her said that it was too much—they were her pajamas after all. Another part said to hell with it—he’ll get used to you in pajamas or he’ll get out. That side was winning, for she hadn’t changed for any of the other guests either. She nodded quietly to herself and turned away from the bathroom.

It had only been about forty-five minutes when she sat back down on the couch. Nothing had really changed and she wondered where the time had gone. She turned on her T.V. and the Xbox that sat silently in a cubby hole in the media center she had everything stashed in. It took another ten minutes to update before she was finally able to turn on Netflix and watch something. She clicked on an old episode of Sherlock—simply because she could turn it off whenever she needed—and curled up on the couch to wait for her appointment.

As Andy was climbing the stairs of the building he was deep in thought. He didn't know how to act. what would she be looking for to see if he's saying the truth? From her voice, she sounds like a kind woman with good manners. Even though he called her while the flier said men shouldn't bother, she was nice in her response. When it came to interviews he was always good. Answering questions with improvised answers while keeping a wide smile and an honest face, though maybe he should be doing the opposite this time. Maybe he should sound shy and not smile. stutter while answering the questions, make her feel that he's vulnerable. Yes this would be the best approach.

The interior of the building was also beautiful and impressive, The stairs were made of strong wood, oak most likely. His phone suddenly started ringing and he stopped to answer. "Hello? Yes this is Andy, yes I've filed a complaint against the insurance company as they refused to cover up for any damage that happened to my house. I mean... isn't this what we pay them for? I lost everything and they wouldn't pay me back a penny." Andy's face reflected his annoyance as he listened to the woman that was on the other side. "So this complaint will get me no where? it's hopeless?" Andy sighed deeply. "I understand, no no just... Yes I want to drop the complaint, yes I'm sure. Thank you." With that he hung up the phone. "Bastards... as expected this complaint will get me nowhere." He racked his hands through his hair as he tried to calm down. "Ok Andy, focus. You really need this and you can do it." With that he continued until he reached the apartment's door. He raised his hands and rang the doorbell.

Emma hadn’t really gotten into the show. Her mind danced with thoughts that seemed to be everywhere but the attractive British man on the television. It probably would have been better had she had more confidence. It would have been wiser to keep her mind off of everything and just enjoy the show while she had the chance. Instead, she thought over the questions she would ask him. They would be simple and normal questions. This would probably be like no other interview he had ever had. If she came out of the interview herself, she probably would have rolled her eyes and called it a joke, but that was fine. When people thought they were wasting their time they really showed themselves.

The smell of coffee wafted through the apartment. It had been a while since she had a nice warm cup, and she decided that she would make some for her and her guest. It was about the time that the sound from the kitchen ceased that she heard the doorbell ring. Good. He was finally here. Emma quietly turned the controller back on and clicked the pause button on her show; she could return to it when he left—if she decided that he wasn’t a right fit. Sliding the black plastic onto the wooden table, she picked herself up off of the grey couch and walked toward the door. She hadn’t changed, and she was feeling quite confident in her oversized sweater and her cute little black house slippers. It was another test for him; something inside of her hoped that he would pass because she truly wanted to help this guy out.

She opened the door with a smile on her lips. Of course, because of how short she was, she had to look up at the man that stood there, waiting for her to let him in. He was rather good looking—and Emma felt a little bad that this was the first thing that she realized. The only logical excuse she could make up is that without words, this was the only thing that she could really judge him by at first.

“Hi! I’m Emma Claire.” She smiled as she stuck out a hand for him to shake. It was really the only thing that she knew to do and this is how all of her introductions had gone. “Come on in—wait—you are the guy about the apartment right?”

After a few moments of ringing the bell the door slowly opened., the face of a smiling woman appeared on the other side. The first thing he noticed were her eyes, he's always drawn to hazel eyes. They are his favorite. She had a very pretty face and a pretty smile. She was shorter than he is and he spared a quick glance at her body as he smiled back. She was a bit Chunky but he was never a fan of women who were all the way skinny. He found it strange that she would greet him while wearing her pajamas but that didn't matter. What did matter is what was written on them. "Cute but Psycho"... Yup it's going to be a shotgun. He shook her hand as he spoke. "I'm Andy, Andy Jonson. A pleasure to meet you! And yeah I'm the guy that called you a little while back and uhh you can't imagine how thankful I am that you agreed to see me." He kept eye contact with her as he thought that being who he is pretending to be he wouldn't be interested in anything else. She looked pretty and from her friendliness he could tell that she had a kind personality. Could he really see this through.

Andy Jonson. It was a good name. Not that any other name would have been unacceptable. She hardly knew what a name could truly matter when looking at someone’s personality, but it was something that she could hold onto when she had nothing else to go off of. It was reassurance in her own mind that she wasn’t making a completely horrible decision. It was something to ground her into the conversation.

“It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well. “The hand shake was simple and firm. Honestly, she couldn’t tell anything by the handshake either. Her father always spoke of being able to “tell the morality of a man by his handshake”, but all she ever felt was skin. So, as her hand returned to her side, she gave him another smile; she would keep the smiles going as long as she needed to in order to continue being cordial.

“Agreeing to see you and agreeing to let you live here are two different things” She nodded quietly as she took a few steps back so that she could open the door wider. She held her arm out so that she could point out the living room—she really was happy with her decorating skills; she place had turned out nice.

“This is the living room. It’s pretty spacious and I’ve tried to make it as cozy as possible.” Emma closed the door behind him as he stepped in, and flicked the deadbolt with her finger. “We’ll actually be talking in the kitchen if you don’t mind; I’ve got some coffee made.” She shifted her arm in the air to indicate the doorway toward the kitchen. She was in no real rush to begin, for she had the whole day off for once. So, she would let him explore the living room to his fancy and then she would continue to the kitchen after him.

Andy nodded as she told him that agreeing to see him and actually accepting him as her room mate were two different things. "I'm just grateful for the chance." He said with a small smile as he entered the apartment when she ushered him in. It was just as she said, impressively spacious and he could see that she did her best to make it cozy. He really liked the white and blue-grey colored furniture, they really do fit together and gave the room a nice and relaxing atmosphere especially with the navy-blue colored walls.

"I really like your choices for the decorations and furniture and wall paint. And this blueish grey color is a really nice touch. Blue is one of my most favorite colors so you get an A from me for color choice." He said as he continued checking out the room. The TV was nice and big, and she had an Xbox, which was awesome. He took a glance at the TV screen. "Wait... isn't that Sherlock? I saw a few episodes of it, it's a pretty good show. And uhh... a pretty amazing lead actor." He doubted he would ever get used to talking.. this way about guys. But it's the mess he had put himself in.

He looked at her cheeky face. "You have a very lovely apartment. And everything seems to be elegantly put together. Much better than the mess I had in my... apartment." He said as he started making his way to the kitchen. He was starting to doubt his fashion choice for the day. He wore a grey plain t-shirt and blue jeans. It suddenly accord to him that he could've made a better clothes choice to make a better impression but he only had a few things to wear now. He entered the kitchen with her right behind him.

She watched him silently as he looked across the room. He seemed to be enjoying what he saw because he was still smiling. Good. It had impressed him. Emma wasn’t sure why she was so bent on impressing him; he should be trying to impress her.It was just something about her. She strove for acceptance from all and for the most part, she did not receive it, but it was still nice to attempt. She crossed her arms lazily over one another as he spoke again.

“Benedict Cumberbach.” Emma gave a quiet little hum of acknowledgement. “He’s really good at what he does.” She would agree with him on only that point, for she was trying to keep in the bubbly little squeal. Sherlock was one of her favorites and him knowing—even of it—would lead to brownie points in his favor.

Then, he continued complimenting her on the apartment. Really, she wasn’t sure if he was being completely honest. All she had done was bought some crap from Ikea, put it all together, and arranged the place so that it looked how she wanted it to. She just made the place comfortable. Maybe he thought that kissing her butt would get him the place, or maybe he thought that being nice would—she didn’t know what he was thinking. She didn’t mind, but she also just wanted him to be straight forward.

“That really is flattering, but its really not that great” She followed him silently into the kitchen, looking around for a moment. Everything was still as it should have been, and the small ready light on the coffee pot was lit.

“Sit down if you’d like, or explore. This is just as much for you to decide whether you like the place as it is for me to get to know you.” She was a few steps behind him as they walked, and now, she could see the light coming from the window over the sink. As he entered the space, she walked past him. She smiled softly and walked across the room toward the pot.

“Would you like a cup of coffee?” She began pulling out two mugs anyway; she could always return one to its place if she needed. She wanted a cup, so she began pouring a hot and steamy cup. “It’s just community coffee—nothing fancy.”

Andy entered the kitchen and looked around. It was simple and had pretty much everything a kitchen needed to have. He wasn't sure how she was taking his complements, she never showed anything on her face but he wasn't lying that's for sure. He truly did like the apartment and decorations and... he didn't know maybe because he's homeless and pretty desperate right now any place would seem like heaven for him.

"Yeah I'll take a seat, thank you." He said as he took a seat in the kitchen. Now the games truly begin. He didn't think he was making much of an impression on her. so far he was failing and it would most likely get worse from here on. But what seemed strange is that she seemed somewhat comfortable with the idea of having him as a roommate. So if he played his cards right she would accept him and this could become his home, A home acquired with a lie. He hated having the ability to lie with a straight face. He always thought of it as a curse even though the moment he's in trouble he resorts to it.

His line of thought was cut when she mentioned the coffee. He looked at her and nodded. "Yeah coffee would be great. Basically I do like this apartment, it has pretty much all the basic needs and it's spacious and it's in a good location. So from what I've seen of it so far it's a good match for me." He said with a calm and collected face. He would've pain anything to know what was going in her mind right now? does she believe him or was she doubting him? Has she already made the decision to refuse him and was just being a good host?

A soft hum escaped from her lips as she poured the second cup of coffee. Within hers, she dumped two sugars and a small droplet of cream. She smiled quietly to herself and walked the sugar and cream to the table. When she returned the next time, it was with the two cups of coffee. She took a sip from the delightful warmth before sitting down at the table.

She had said nothing because she wanted to see how he reacted. It was an awkward situation he had put himself in and she wanted to know about him through his actions and not the mind puke that seemed to flow from his lips right now. He wanted to make a good impression, and she understood that, but she much preferred the simple way of doing things. Talking about other things—the didn’t want to think about the apartment anyway.

“So, what do you like to do?” It was a simple question that probably could have acquired a complex answer in return. “I mean…You like Xbox? Television? Exercising?” She took another sip of her warm coffee. It heated her all the way down and the feeling was comforting. She knew that however this turned out, she would be able to find someone suitable. Right now, he was actually the most normal person on the list. Maybe it would work out for the better, and maybe it wouldn’t. She really couldn’t tell.

There was a few moments of silence after she gave him his cup of coffee. and with every passing second Andy became more anxious. Why was she so silent? was there something that he should say? Maybe she is lost in her own trail of thoughts. He took a sip from the coffee and he couldn't deny that it tested pretty good, it's strange but he found out that coffee had always calmed him down when he's nervous.

"Ah... Coffee and Cream, a combo that always hit the good spots, And with how nervous I am right now it's just what I needed, thank you." Andy bit his lip as soon as the words were out, what the hell was he saying? He gave her a small smile as he took a few more sips from his coffee. He was surprised with the question she asked him, what did what he liked to do have to do with the interview? Then he realized that it's not a strange question at all, if he was going to have a new roommate he'd wanna know their hobbies and what now. "Xbox and Television are a big yes, I always enjoy watching a good movie/TV-show. I always love to play Tennis and never miss a chance to play it, it's practically the only sport I ever play. And I also love to read and would read any good books. As you can see I'm a guy with few hobbies." He was also about to ask her 'how about you?' but caught himself. What's happening now is simple, she asks and he answers as truthfully as he could.

She smiled, a soft giggle escaping her lips. She watched him silently over the top of her cup as to took in a slow sip. It would break some of the tension if she laughed. Maybe he would stop acting so awkward...It wasn't making her uncomfortable, be she felt bad for him. There had been so many times where she had been sitting in the chair he was. She had laughed and made stupid comments—not that she thought his comments were stupid—and she felt like the world was crushing her. She never wished that feeling on anyone. So she was doing what she could to make him relax a little bit.

He was right. The coffee hit the spot that relaxed her. It made a deep warmth bloom in her chest and heat her body. She had come to sit across from him and she crossed her legs beneath the table, leaning back in the chair as he spoke. Well…they had some things in common. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad anyway. He was the most normal person she had spoken with—that was a thought that kept coming back to her.

When he was finished, she nodded slowly, taking another sip of her coffee. She had more questions. They were stranger ones. Ones that she hadn’t even bothered asking the others. These would be the true test. How would he react? They weren’t complicated, or anything mind blowing, but they were…random.

“I could kick your ass in any of the games I’ve got in there.” A smirk drew across her lips. This was a very different side of her—a competitive one that only showed when she spoke of her games. She shrugged and brought the cup up to her lips. “Wanna have a go?” The true test of his morality. It was the test to see if he was lying. “I’ll even let you pick.” Even if she lost, she would know if he actually enjoyed the thing that he had just commented on. If he didn't know his way around a controller then he was a liar; she had faith that she would be able to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back