Advice/Help Just started

It really depends on what you're going for. Character creation differs for all people, and can be affected by what situations you're going to find in an RP.

No matter what you're creating a character for, though, I highly recommend making sure they aren't overly powerful, angsty, etc. without your partner being comfortable with it.

hii i just started not even five mins ago
how do i make a Charater?

Do you mean a character in general or a character for a specific roleplay?

Specific roleplay will have character sheets you can fill out with information for your character. There are usually requirements specific to that roleplay and examples of other accepted characters.

If you mean in general, that’s a bit difficult to answer without more input from you. My simplest advice for people just starting out is find a roleplay first. Then make a character using the above advice.

If you aren’t sure how to make a character for a specific roleplay you can PM me. I don’t mind helping people flesh out their character ideas.

Do you mean a character in general or a character for a specific roleplay?

Specific roleplay will have character sheets you can fill out with information for your character. There are usually requirements specific to that roleplay and examples of other accepted characters.

If you mean in general, that’s a bit difficult to answer without more input from you. My simplest advice for people just starting out is find a roleplay first. Then make a character using the above advice.

If you aren’t sure how to make a character for a specific roleplay you can PM me. I don’t mind helping people flesh out their char
like how do i get to the sheets?

Okay so 1x1 don’t necessarily require character sheets at all. Typically speaking you can get away with an elevator pitch for your character.

An elevator pitch is usually an overview of your character that is used to make sure you understand the setting.Below is the template I use :

NAME blah
AGE blah
GENDER blah
TALENT blah

APPEARANCE
a few sentences describing the characters physical appearance

OVERVIEW
a few paragraphs about the characters backstory.

EXTRAS
any extra stuff I want to add

As you can see it’s a very broad overview that is meant to introduce your partner to the idea of your character. It is also meant to act as a check to make sure that you are both on the same page planning wise.

edit : Here is an example of my template filled out to give you an example of an elevator pitch.

NAME Tamara "Tammy" Elkhart
AGE 26
GENDER Female (she/her)
TALENT none

APPEARANCE
Tammy is a plump woman with a pear shaped body. She has short curly hair with blue-grey eyes. She wears cats-eye glasses, blouses, and comfortable skirts. She usually wears pumps with her outfits.

OVERVIEW
Tamara is a former research librarian who is a study in contrasts. At her job she can be disciplined and detail-oriented. She will doggedly hunt down answers to even the silliest answers. She also loves reading and learning things just for the heck of it as well. However when it comes to her personal life she is disorganized and easily frazzled. She gets especially flustered when her routine is interrupted and she has to change the way she does things at work or at home.

She was recently fired from her job after ten years on the job and has been working hard to find something new. She was able to get a short-term job working at one of her aunts flower shops but was at a loss of what to do long term. Then her great aunt Edith passed away and left Tamara's mom Sandra her farm. Sandra lives with Tammy's older sister helping to take care of the nieces and nephews. So she elected Tammy to be the one to move to the farm and keep things running, at least until the nieces and nephews were school age. Tamara was excited at the opportunity and leapt at the chance to try her hand at running a farm.

EXTRAS
Tamara has a mated pair of rainboom pigeons. They're pigeons who can travel long distances through teleporting. The teleportation leaves behind a flashy cascade of rainbow feathers, hence the birds name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back