• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Just send me a reply. ?

ekoutrakos

Just a girl, trying to find her way.♡☆
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
~The small town of Clarksville is set high in upstate New York, the winters are cold and the summers can be obnoxiously warm. The small town, has about 3,000 people. Many of them commute out of town to go to work. Most of the adults, including the young think often they’ll leave yet end up coming back.
Back to the places, they had their first kisses, first loves, learned how to drive or even how to milk a cow.
Elaine Ward, had lived in the small town growing up her whole life, hanging out by the river in the summer time and using it as a skating rink in the winter. Elaine had a little brother she idolized and a set of parents who tried most days. She’d gone to school here, fallen in love here, and even dreaded moving back.
But, as most cliches go life always seemed to work out that way. She sat in the small black Sedan she had worked for months to save for. This car was the closest thing Elaine had to any sort of responsibility thankfully. Gripping the steering wheel, she waited holding her breathe as the dark blue bus pulled into the train depot. Biting into her lip, she watched the men move slowly. Soldiers, soldiers coming home from a place she’d never imagine or want to be sent to herself. Pushing a long brown curl out of her face, she watched as her blue eyes scanned the crowd.
There he was. He was home. She had come to see him, to greet him at the depot with his mother and siblings who were now jumping up and down with excitement with the large neon sign Elaine herself had helped, make just the night before. Biting into her lip, she watched afraid to move, afraid he’d run away, or drop dead.

Elaine had lived in the small town her whole life, yet in 7th grade with her braces and with her love of the Jonas Brothers up to the max she had fallen in love with him. The boy who moved in next door, with his parents and brothers and sisters. First it started out as a friendship, yet as the months and years ticked by it grew into something so much more.
The young couple, surprisingly had made it through just about anything. The life of a high school teenager is rough as it is, then add in a relationship, yikes. It wasn’t always easy, it wasn’t always happy. Some weeks they didn’t even speak to each other.
Life changed once graduation rolled around, their lives seemed almost perfect. Small apartment, small car.
Until, well until he was drafted. Drafted like her brother, his brothers, their family friends and any other man who was over the age of 16. The world wasn’t the same place it had been, when they graduated high school.
After being gone for five months, he said he wanted more. He wanted to help more, to dive further into the military and do more for his country.
It was sweet, it was great! It was the best thing that he could have ever done for his country! For himself even, yet it left him wounded, broken. Mentally, emotionally.
The scars didn’t run on the outside, but on the inside. Elaine noticed when phone calls, emails and anything in between became less and less, and they did it wasn’t him! His voice was cold, his words harsher. Friends would come home earlier than him, saying he screamed, and ran around the bunkers late at night like a crazy man.
No, Elaine didn’t think he was crazy, Elaine knew he was broken.
Licking her lips, she heard her phone buzz loudly, in the seat beside her. Knowing full well, it was his mother. Reminding her, about the welcome home party for her son today. The flutter in her stomach, twisted and turned into a ball of anxiety.
“Here we go lovely.” She whispered to herself as she pulled from the parking lot.

(So, I know that’s super long and I hope it was semi worth the read! I was hoping maybe you’d wanna play the him, if ya wanna make her a she go for it!
I was thinking he/she has PTSD, Maybe an undiagnosed illness they’ve been good enough to hide over the years.
My oc, needs to be needed. She’s a mother hen type of person, she loves the people she shouldn’t. She needs to be needed.
She loves books, the dark color green and loves to make people laugh. )

Tense, I like it. Dunno how good I would be as a PTSD soldier though ahah
=/

I’m not an absolute huge fan but email? Or maybe just pm’s? Let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back