• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Just Don't Tell Her It Happened

Normally Greg was a morning person, no doubt about it. He could wake up as early as four without any complaints, and staying up late was not one of his strong suits. He didn't know why, but it just worked that way. This morning deep blue and purple rings marked the bottoms of his eyes, his thick brown hair was disheveled, his facial hair didn't seem to suit him as it usually did, and the baggy sweater he'd thrown on haphazardly topped the 'sleepy bum on a mission' look. The mission? To move to a whole new city. A large part of him was very excited for this, and a small part was beginning to nag at him that this was a horrible idea. He assumed that the only reason it was like this was because he'd received many a bad omen this morning. He missed his alarm, the woman working at baggage check-in sounded confused and tried to charge him things that he wasn't supposed to charged for, and he tripped while taking his shoe off during security. Now most of the people at baggage claim were gone and he prayed they didn't lose his. His negative mood put him in overall scorn for everyone else, and he muttered something about the staff being incompetent as he drank some of his coffee.

The secondary mission was to shave as soon as he got the chance to.

The only blessing to come from all this was that he'd be closer to Gwen. He'd be living in a home with some random roommate and would no doubt be uncomfortable, but he could always steal away to his girlfriend's dorm if he wanted to. He'd be taking classes too, but of a different kind. The kind his dad was able to provide for him to launch him into a position not too far from CEO of his company. He'd been expecting this chance his whole life. Nothing new.

In fact, once he had a stable job and could move out of the embarrassing housing situation he was having to put himself in now, he could buy a home with her. They could live together. He was even considering proposing to her...not right that second. But soon. Very soon.

Finally his baggage made itself seen and he yanked it off the belt. He'd be getting more clothes shipped over from his dad. For the time being he left, going outside to where she was certainly waiting.

On the way out he heard footsteps, like someone was running. Not too far beside him two men ran into each other's arms, embracing, gave rushed greetings.

They kissed after Greg blushed fiercely and looked down. Better walk a bit faster. She was probably waiting for a while.

Her hand moved forward and abruptly came down on the horn of her car. Of course, today she was stuck in traffic. At any other time Elwenaïre wouldn't let herself go as much as she did now, even flipping off the person that just cut in line just before her. But now was different. She had already been running late, since she couldn't find her shoes and now she had finally settled for a different pair. What was so special about today? Her boyfriend was gonna arrive in the city, right this moment. She had already wanted to be there to pick him up, and now she was stuck here. She had missed him dearly and she lay on the horn again. Suddenly the traffic seemed to get moving and she sped forward. Skillfully she weaved in and out of lanes and probably, no certainly, she broke the speed limit, yet it was all worth it if it meant seeing Greg just a second earlier. Since she had started her studies here and he had been still stuck at home, they hadn't seen eachother much. She had tried to get her weekends off, but school was just too busy and the professors just seemed to want to tease her by giving important essays and exams on mondays. So she had mostly been stuck in her dorm room with her books and her designs. But now she was finally gonna see him again.

She pulled up next to the exit and killed the engine of her car. Quickly she pulled down her sunblockers to have a quick look at the mirror. She just hoped he loved the hair color, since she had only recently died it firetruck red as her roommate had joked. She searched around in her purse for a moment, smiling as she found what she was looking for. With skilled movements, she retouched the slight makeup on her eyes. She had always been one for the more natural look, yet loving to give herself some cateyes. After that she sprayed on some deo, couldn't greet her boyfriend while being all sweaty and smelly, now could she? She gave herself a last glance over and noticed that it was already long past his arrival time.

She grabbed her purse and got out of the car, pushing the door close with her hip. Her bottom lip was caught between her teeth as she stared up to the building. No, too much of a change they would miss each other if she went inside now. Her black heels took her over to the passenger side where she leaned back against the station wagon she had borrowed from her roommate. Greg would probably have quite some luggage, after all he was gonna stay in the city. The idea brought an even bigger smile to her face. Though she had to admit she had been a bit disappointed he was not gonna stay in her room. Then again the dorm rules would not allow that, not unless they were married or engaged. And they were neither, yet. She twirled a strand of hair around her finger as she impatiently waiting for those door to open and reveal her boyfriend. Yet until now it had always been different persons. She watched how a girl ran off, a boy catching her in his arms and twirling her around. It was almost as if she was watching a movie, yet she had her own little fairytale with Greg. She brought her weight over to her other leg as she checked her phone. No messages from him, and it had really been today that she had to pick him up right? It would typically be something for her to be a day early...

Though it was mid-Autumn and back home things were extremely cold, here it seemed that the weather had no concept of cold, only warm and blazing hot. As soon as he stepped out he could feel the humidity like a punch to his chest that made it hard to breath for a few seconds. He immediately regretted the sweater, which was appropriate back home, and tugged on the collar as he surveyed the lot outside. What didn't help was that as soon as he got out he could see his Gwen standing by a car and even more of his breath escaped his lungs.

He bolted straight to her, abandoning the coffee cup in a nearby trash can as his luggage rumbled noisily at his feet. He couldn't believe how much his chest had been aching since she was gone, and how the feeling was rising the closer he got to her. Like when you have to pee with increasing urgency as you near a bathroom... though he certainly wouldn't directly relate his longing for her to peeing. At any rate, he hugged her tightly and spun her around as soon as he got close enough to do so, energy returning to his limbs that hadn't shown themselves at all this morning. "I almost didn't recognize you at first!" He exclaimed and held her shoulders to admire her hair. "Where did all this come from?" He kissed her before she could respond and then pulled her into another tight hug. He didn't realize how much he liked her perfume until he'd been away from it for a long time. He made a note to appreciate it from now on and sighed deeply.

"Man I look like a train wreck compared to you darlin'." He said when he finally pulled back, hands lingering on her shoulders, her arms, her hands. "I had a rough morning but wow are you gorgeous. I should have at least shaved for you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Her face started to shine even more as soon as she spotted her boyfriend. She ran towards him as he came bolting towards her. Her arms locked themselves around his neck as he spun her around, making her giggle like a little girl. She knew for sure right now she was the happiest girl in the world. She buried herself against his chest, ow how she had missed him. His touch, and yes even the stubbles that now pricked her soft skin. She didn't want to let him go now that they were finally back within eachoters reached. "I missed you so much" She managed to mutter at the same time he asked for her hair. Yet his soft lips kept her from replying to his question and she happily kissed back.

"Do you like it?" She asked in return as he pulled her closer again. She loved how perfectly their bodies fit together as if they were made for eachother. They were just meant to be, she knew that. Her heart was still beating rapidly with excitement, yet also with a bit of nerves now. He had always loved her previous golden locks, told her how they made her look like an Angel. She looked up at him, her fingers running along his face over the stubbles. "It is my roommates fault. It was a kind of bet, dare thing. I would have to dye my hair if I had passed the exam, and well I got 95, so now I am a redhead" The words just kept stumbling out as she chatted happily. She still couldn't really believe he was finally here and she took his hand, tangling their fingers. There was so much she wanted to tell him, things she wanted to show him. Of course there had been phone calls and skype calls and emails, but having him here for real made it completely different.

The complements still, even after all this time they had spend together, made her blush a bit and casting her glance down, before looking up. "No, babe, you look perfect. You are here, that is all that matters" She said as she quickly kissed his cheek again. "I have missed you so much. I love you, honey" She took a good look at him again. Grinning as he was way to warm dressed for the weather they had here. "Besides you just had a hell of a travel to get here and you are probably melting in those clothes. I told you to dress lightly, didn't I?" She ran her free hand through his hair, just loving the feeling, just wanting to touch him now that she finally could do that again.

"An overachiever as usual I see." Greg commented as he brushed some of her hair from her face. He kept it caught between his middle and index finger and gently moved it back and forth. To him everything was a good look on her. "You probably would be bald right now if that was the bet." It was something he'd always admired about her. To his ears her voice was remarkably mature and articulate and he could listen to her talk for hours. Especially when she got riled up. Sometimes during arguments he was taken by how good she was at thinking up and delivering comebacks. He'd told her before she should be a lawyer. It could have also been a side effect of love to think so highly of someone, but he doubted it.

He wished he had a way to express how much he ached being away from her for so long, but since that was cheesy, and he was sure she already knew, he decided to leave it at "I love you too" as she gave him a thorough look over. At that point he couldn't help but laugh. "No kidding. I totally forgot about that. If I remembered I would have listened to you." He began to lean his head ever so slightly into her touch without even noticing it. He liked having his head pet like that. "It was freezing cold this morning. Well, to me at least. You know how I am with the cold. This was to stay warm."

"Speaking of which," Greg's eyes gravitated towards the car. "Do you think my new apartment will have an air conditioner?" He grumbled this part, having already complained to her about this a million times already. "Or will I have to satisfy myself with a hand powered fan from Disney World and sleep on a pile of newspapers. Heat rises so at least I wont suffer too much being so close to the ground." Melodramatic, yes, but he was still dreading the experience.

Elwen closed her eyes as he played with her hair, she loved it when he did that. She loved everything he did, even though they had their worse moments. Those moments never lasted long and she never saw them really as fights. Just discussions, disagreements, that were quickly solved or where they came to the conclusion it was something they would always have different opinions on. They respected each other, which was the strenght of their relationship, respect, trust and honesty.

Her smile grew bigger as he laughed, the sound was music to her ears, a melody specially written for her heart. "I bet it was... you silly boy" Her fingers tugged innocently on the fabric of his sweater. "Sheep wool.. You really won't be needing that anymore, Gregory" She even missed saying his full name. Something she normally only mentioned when she was angry or mocking him. Yet this time it was spoken with an affectionated tone. She followed his gaze towards the car and nodded slowly, of course they would have to get moving sometime again. Reluctanly she let go, only to take one of his suitcases and walk over to the trunk.

As she popped it open she looked at him with an expression that held some disbelieve before she laughed. "Greg, do you seriously think that with this heat, there are people with out air conditioners?" However the idea of him with a Disney fan was hilarious and she grinned at the mental image it gave her. "True, but newspaper hold warmth and paper in general gives off a lot warmth, why do you think the homeless people pack themselves in newspapers at night?" She brought up against his argument as she swung the luggage into the back of the car. She reached up to close it, once everything was packed, before walking back to her boyfriend. "Don't worry hon, you will survive... and otherwise I will come over in a bikini to wave a big palm leave for you and feed you grapes, how does that sound?" Again an idea that made her giggle softly as she kissed him, before opening the car door. "We better get going than? Do you have the address or did you forget that too?" She asked teasingly now.

Having Elwen play with his clothing and say small, loving things to him was amazing. He knew anyone not in a relationship would scoff at them. He didn't care who looked. They would get over it. He began to remove his sweater as she pulled his luggage away and pulled his black t-shirt into place. Less fabric yes, but the black would make things complicated. "That's the thing, I don't know!" Greg exclaimed good naturedly in response to the question about the air conditioner. "I'm walking into the unknown babe. What if this guy is a paranoid schizophrenic and sits in an empty house yelling at no one." He knew that that much wasn't true at least. He had had a conversation with this Gaylord guy online but it wasn't very in depth. It was just to talk about money and location and so on. In the end this would be his first time meeting the other.

"I wouldn't complain if you decided to do me a favor like that though." He said with a grin as he opened the car door to get inside. "As long as you wear that nice blue and pink polka dot bikini you wore last summer. When your dad took us upstate on his yacht." He said, remembering it fondly. That trip was amazing.

He dug a piece of paper out of his pocket with his new adress scrawled across it and handed it to her before getting in. "You're full of jokes today aren't you?" He grinned. "College making you a wise guy? How are your classes by the way? I hope you're not too stressed. But by the looks of this car you're doing okay. Is it yours?" He felt no problem bombarding her with questions, even if he knew some of this stuff. He just wanted to hear her talk. Being apart from someone for a while makes talking to them in person a new experience altogether, even if you talk about the same things you did when you were apart. He realized this only now.

The girl laughed at his innocent and true reply. She couldn't help herself, she just felt like she was on cloud nine all over again. Maybe having spend some time apart wasn't that bad at all. You appreciated each other even more when you were together again, even the little things that had become so normal over time were now special again. "If that turns out, I am gonna kidnap you, no matter what the dorm rules state" She grinned as she shook her head as the noticed the black. She picked a white hair of it as she sat down behind the wheel. "Oh god, how is Snow? Is he still a little ball of fat and fur? Or did you put him on a diet yet?"

She smiled as she sure did remember the yacht trip. "Yes, as long as Monster doesn't head buts me into the mud again" Monster was her brothers dog, who somehow seemed to have the skill to always run Elwen over when she was near mud. She hated that dog as much as she loved it. She took the paper, quickly typing the address into the GPS as she started the engine. "I am just so happy that you are finally here, and we finally get to see each other and of course that you will be close! There is this little pizzeria, we have to go lunch there sometime. I am sure you will love it. There is so much I wanna share with you" She had sent him pictures of course, but it was just not enough. It wasn't like she hadn't enjoyed herself without him, but he had constantly been on her mind. She was excited to be able to share it for real with him now.

"College is alright. Sure it is busy and stressed at times, but that is just life, right? My classes are awesome. At least most of them are. I have such great professors, Mr. Dukar is really amazing. His way of designing things and the way he sets up arrangement... It is just unbelieveable. I am really really hoping to get into his special classes. It will be so worth it, plus working with him is such a great expierence, also for when I am gonna look for work" She smiled as she pulled out. She was a lot calmer now than she was on her way here. Time didn't matter now, as long as she was with him. Plus the slower she drove the longer they would be together. "The car is Samantha's, my roommates, but I often borrow it. She can also take mine, which is a cabrio, but almost no luggage room, so that is why I took this one. But yeah I am doing great, really great, especially now that you are sitting next to me" Her hand moved from the gear shift to his leg, her fingers trailing innocently over his knee. "So what about you? How is everybody at home? How is your mom holding up, now that her son is so far away?" She bombarded him back with her own set of questions. She stole a quick glance at him, before concentrating on the road again. She always loved watching his expressions, his face always told so much even when he didn't speak at all.

The corners of Greg's lips curled upwards into a smile as she laughed and it stayed that way for a while. Her laughter was cute. "Oh god I wish Snow could come with me. My Dad is going to bring him in a few days when he drives down on business. The airline company wouldn't let me take him. They have a 20 pound rule for animals. Poor guy exceeds that by a lot. I tried to slim him down, just for the trip, but seeing him meow at the closet where I keep his treats nearly broke my heart." Not many things could warm Greg's heart in a substantial way, possibly due to a cutthroat businessman father figure, but his girlfriend and his cat sure did. If he had kids he might let them get fat off candy too.

Monster was another thing that made him happy. He chuckled at the memory. That dog knew how to be a comedian. "Well I'm really glad you're not burned out yet. It's admirable. Just know if you need help I'm right here, for anything really." He'd opted for taking a gap year just before considering anything further. On the outside it was because he knew his Dad could get him a job, but deep down he was afraid of stressing over college. He'd never been exposed to all of that before... "Of course the Elwen tour doesn't sound too bad. And neither does pizza. I hate those airplane snacks."

Greg put his hand over her's to lace their fingers together and continued his happy grin. He answered while trying to take in everything he saw. "Everyone is okay. It's been the same as usual, but my mom keeps telling me to call her every hour. My Dad said every two hours. I'm not doing either. They still baby me and I'm nineteen. The only rational reason for parents like this is that I'm the son of an ancient God and they want to keep me from the truth for my sake." In reality that was the the only irrational reason, but he had no ideas otherwise.

Elwen smiled as she thought back of the round ball with little paws. She could totally see how her boyfriend would have the hardest time to deny that cat anything at all. "You are spoiling him far too much. I might become jealous" She joked. She had to admit she loved that cat just as much and when he begged for treats... Those eyes as if he was starving... Greg was just sucker for it, yet she had noticed herself slipping Snow some treats at well. "When we have kids I won't have to hide the candy from them but from their spoiling father" She squeezed his hand teasingly as she took the exit. Almost immediately they were surrounded by the city. Reluctantly she pulled her hand free as it returned tonthe gearshift. Bycicle people could really be idiots and let's not forget people crossing the streets without looking.

She had learned to love the business of the city compared to their home city, which was a lot smaller. This city.. There was always something to do, whether it where parties, festivals or protests. Not one day was the same and she liked it. It fit her personality, the ever changing city never left her bored. "I know, love. It is much sometimes... Overwhelming a bit even. But in the end it is all worth. Though I struggle with some of my architectal classes." She admitted. They were just so bored. She couldn't express herself as much as in her design classes an it made her slightly slacking. Still her overall grades where nice and she had nothing to complain about.

Elwenaïre snorted at his explanation for his parents protectiveness. "They just care about their Adonis" She commented, effortlessly linking the greek mythology intonher answer. "Mom was like that too, but I just told her it wasn't gonna happen. I now call them every monday. I do miss them, but this city.. It has just so much oppertunities." She looked to her side, knowing that he listened even if he gawked at the buildings. She pointed at a little restaurant a bit ahead. "Never go to Maeres. You will be stuck on the toilet for hours after. It is a mystery to everyone how that place survives." She warned him. She knew it from first hand expierence. It had not been pleasant, not at all. She slowed down as suddenly someone decided to run up to the streets to hold a cab. "Did you tell the guy you are gonna stay with what time you'd be there?" She had honestly already forgoten the name again. "Otherwise we absolutely need to stop at Toro Maros. Seriously the best pizzas I have ever eaten in my life. That place alone could change me into a human Snow"

"Ah so you want to be spoiled like Snow?" Greg asked, knowing full well that his kids were going to end up chubby at one point in their lives because of him, all joking aside it was true. "Just watch, when we're an old couple I'll fatten you up just like Snow." He pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek after that, speaking of their future together as if it was assured. So far he had no doubt in his mind that it wasn't. Again the idea of proposing marriage to her popped into his head. He was certain he'd do it, but not exactly when. He would have to ask his Dad for advice when he drove down. Hell, he didn't even have a ring yet, but he was still as giddy as a child.

Greg took some concern in her boredom with that one class though, knowing what job she wanted in the future. "Well if it ends up being really boring you could always just focus on design. Maybe open a tattoo parlor." He mused and gently ran a finger along one of her tattoos. He would have been content sitting there and listening to Elwen's descriptions all day, but of course they were nearing his new home. His stomach growled to answer her before he could open his mouth. "I got so wrapped up in seeing you that I didn't tell him I landed. I just told him what day I'd be here." He admitted, realizing now that he was quite the mess today. "I can text him now though. Maybe we can take the pizzas with us?" He suggested, though if he had the choice he would want to sit there and stall the inevitable with her.

He took his phone from out of his back pocket and looked for the number at a leisurely pace. He wasn't in a rush after all. Once he found it, amongst the 'g' names in his list, he began to type up a message with one hand. "Hey, its Greg. Just wanted you to know that I'm here. My girlfriend drove me. We're about five minutes away." He read it over and chewed his lower lip in thought. Maybe this person wouldn't know what to do with that information, so he opted for the casual, "You home?" add-on. That should have been enough. Satisfied, he pressed send.

Elwen smiled at the small remarks of their future. Not that she would ever doubt it, but still it was nice to think about it. Nice to hear that he was just as sure as she was. She could see his mind wander a bit after the remark, but didn't say anything about it. "So you are gonna become a feeder, once we are old and I can't run away anymore?" She laughed, wondering why he was so giddy all of a sudden. Oh, how she wished he would hurry up and ask her to marry already. Yet she didn't pressure him and she knew whenever that day was gonna come it was gonna be perfect. Just as perfect as he was. Just as perfectly as they fitted together. She would be so proud to be able to show off that ring to the whole world, but for now that would have to wait. They were still young, and college was important so sadly she had no time for a wedding now, but that wouldn't stop her from fantasying about it.

A chuckle came over her lips as the fingers tickled over her skin. "My parents would be so happy with that. They already gave me hell for these, let alone if I tell them I want to invest my future in tattoos" She sighed. Still it was a lovely idea, just drawing all day, making designs. Plus the human skin as canvas, that would sure be something interesting. She chuckled again as she heard his stomach growl in reply, before she nodded. "Sure, good idea" She said as she looked over her shoulder to check for a bike she might have missed, before pulling up in a free spot.

She waited patiently for him to finish texting the for her still unknown male, before moving over to kiss him. Ugh, if she could she would spoil him with kisses like he spoiled his cat with treats. And though she was sure he wouldn't mind that at all, it wouldn't get them anywhere. "You better have some sort of idea what you want on your pizza otherwise you will be overwhelmed with choices at that place" She warned, before getting out of the car. She locked it once he had gotten out too, laying her arm around his back. Her hand in his back pocket as she mostly did, while leaning against his shoulder with her head.

Quinton looked around feeling satisfied. Everything was cleaned, the trash was taken out, the dishes were done, the place was ready to have the new person. Not that he was normally one to let the place become messy, but at times it was inevitable with the busy life he had. He just hoped that the new person, Gregory something, was not a messy person like his last roommate. However, for as far as he had spoken to the guy, he seemed like the kind of person that would keep the place clean and wouldn't nag and moan about doing his chores. Elijah had been a great guy, but sometimes that boy had gotten on his nerves.

He pushed the button on the coffeemaker as he checked his watch. The guy would send a text if he had arrived, but so far he had not received anything, so he kicked back. The coffee standing next to him on the table as he curled up in the couch, taking the pile of papers next to him in his hands. Just as he had read the first sentence, his phone went off. He considered ignoring the buzzing in order to concentrate on this law case assignment for school, before realizing it could very well be the male that had been on his mind a lot lately. He put the papers down again, reaching over for the phone as he took a sip from the hot liquid. Mostly people cringed as they saw him drink the hot coffee just like that, which was a reason he usually chose cold drinks when in a group of people, but he just didn't care. Or better said he didn't feel any difference, which was problematic at times, because his body would still react upon the hot stuff with annoying blisters.

His honey eyes read the little text the other had written. Girlfriend, he couldn't quite remember if the other had mentioned that before, which he probably had. "Great. I hope everything went alright. See you in a bit then" He replied to the message. Now conflicted on whether he should or should not start on his files. A soft frown lay on his face as he contemplated what to do. Finally the papers were back in one hand, a blue marker in the other hand. Ready to highlight anything that might be important for this murder case, that was based on a true case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back