• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Just Another 1x1 Recruit Thread (please ignore the prefix)

ChiaRoseKuro

professional insomniac
Currently - ACCEPTING
last edited - june nine
2APqBAm.png

Welcome, welcome! As the title states, this is just another 1x1 recruitment thread so I'll try and keep this short and simple (and not too overwhelming, because I do tend to waffle and I'm already doing it now). Anyhow, if you'd like to see the nitty gritty of what I'd like out of a partner, a roleplay and all that jazz, please peruse the tabs below; if not, then the back button is floating around this page somewhere. In any case, I hope you enjoy your stay in my humble thread!

If you have any further inquiries, comments or would like to express your interest, feel free to make a post below. Otherwise, I'll continue chipping at it when time permits, as this isn't quite done yet~

• Country of Residence: Australia (AEST; or GMT +10)
    Times Online: 11pm to 1pm (GMT; i.e. 9am to 11pm AEST)
    Current Occupations: university student; mathematics/english tutor
    Hobbies: (aka secondary occupations apart from roleplaying) fanfiction writer/beta-reader
    Post Rate: depends on how motivated I am and how much time I have, but I can usually go a few times a day

Last edited:
Hi there! I'm Raspy, and I think I might be interested in writing with you!
First thing's first, though:
I'm 22 and living in the PST, have been writing for quite a while, and write mainly f//. Lately I've been more into Modern type role plays, I also tend to lean away from meet-cute's and grandiose romances and more towards characters with questionable personalities in questionable situations. Quarter life crises, drama, characters that start out basically incompatible with each other, then through the magic of character development become slightly less incompatible. lol.

So I've been trying to find someone to do a post apocalyptic style role-play (with a soft maybe when it comes to including zombies) for a while, but honestly I'd be down to throw ideas around and see what sticks!

But before this gets a little too convoluted with information, I'd love to hear whether or not you think we'd be a good fit! Here's my search thread if you're so inclined. Most of my information is in there, including a few samples. I hope you'll find it useful.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-R

Minor updates have been made to the About Me, Mechanics and Other tabs, and a new tab (Ideas) has been added! Feel free to check them out if you'd like to know what's been included (but for those who would like a quick summary, I've basically added the times I'm usually online, my preferences for character faceclaims & my partner's literacy level, a few ideas lurking in my ideas folder and a list of members I'm currently roleplaying with or who I am considering for partners).

The next update will likely include post samples, but that'll happen when I remember where they're lurking (and whether I'm willing to post them up, given that I've been pretty on and off with roleplaying in the past half-year).

A new tab (Samples) has been added! Feel free to check it out if you'd like to have some indication of my roleplaying post style, though the most recent link isn't exactly related to roleplaying and the more relevant link is about a year old. With that being said, I can pull roleplay samples from another site so if you'd like me to send some your way, I'll go digging later.

But thank you to the two people who've already expressed interest in roleplaying with me!

ClintBarton ClintBarton
I've taken the liberty of checking out your own recruiting thread and nosing around your posts; however, I believe that we would not be compatible in terms of our post lengths and our literacy levels. With that being said, I wish you the best of luck with your own search!

Raspy Raspy
I've sent you a PM rather than clutter up this thread with my waffle, but I eagerly await your response~

Hello there! ^^

I'd be rather interested in starting up a roleplay, although time zones might be a bit interesting (I currently live within CST being American) I'm pretty sure we could try and make it work.

If you wanted to know more so I don't make this thread all cluttered with a wall of text (although your use of "waffle" is a bit intriguing x3) my partner search can be found here and I can provide writing samples if need be!

Thanks for your consideration and I do hope to hear from you. ^^

Minor updates have been made to the Mechanics tab; specifically, which writing perspective I like to take.

Anyhow, thank you to the two others who have expressed interest in roleplaying with me~

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
I'm online more than I'm offline (unless there's classes, in which case classes take precedence and I focus on that instead) but timezones generally aren't a problem with me, especially since I can't push out posts immediately and I don't expect my partner to do the same. As for my use of 'waffle'... I don't know where I picked it up from, but now 'waffle' is synonymous with 'drivel' for me, except it sounds cuter and more like fluff than just the mindless ravings of a talkative person~

Anyhow, I've nosed around your posts on the site so far but, from what I've seen so far, I feel as though our literacy levels may be incompatible. With that being said, you're more than welcome to convince me otherwise with a writing sample. Otherwise, good luck with your own partner search!

S salvia palth
The only pairing that I'm feeling is your bartender x customer/owner one, but I've got more interest in your ideas. Would it be okay if we could take this to the PMs so we don't clutter up this thread? Oh, and a writing sample would be nice too, if you could procure one!

Minor updates have been made to the Mechanics tab; specifically, which writing perspective I like to take.

Anyhow, thank you to the two others who have expressed interest in roleplaying with me~

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
I'm online more than I'm offline (unless there's classes, in which case classes take precedence and I focus on that instead) but timezones generally aren't a problem with me, especially since I can't push out posts immediately and I don't expect my partner to do the same. As for my use of 'waffle'... I don't know where I picked it up from, but now 'waffle' is synonymous with 'drivel' for me, except it sounds cuter and more like fluff than just the mindless ravings of a talkative person~

Anyhow, I've nosed around your posts on the site so far but, from what I've seen so far, I feel as though our literacy levels may be incompatible. With that being said, you're more than welcome to convince me otherwise with a writing sample. Otherwise, good luck with your own partner search!

S salvia palth
The only pairing that I'm feeling is your bartender x customer/owner one, but I've got more interest in your ideas. Would it be okay if we could take this to the PMs so we don't clutter up this thread? Oh, and a writing sample would be nice too, if you could procure one!
Oh I wasn't put off by your use of "waffle" but rather enjoyed it. Sorry if it came off otherwise!

I can send you a few examples, although I haven't been writing as much as of late because it is exam season after all! Although while I get that together would you mind telling my why you believe us to be incompatible? Is it my style of writing? The amount? Grammar? I'd love you know!

Minor updates have been made to the Ideas and Other tabs, as someone has claimed an idea and I've procured enough 1x1 partners to close this off! Thank you to everyone who's either privately messaged me or posted their interest onto here, but I'm afraid that I can't go over 3 partners (for the sake of my sanity more than anything else) so this thread will stay closed until further notice.

However, I'll post here again when I'm ready to find partners again! With any luck, that will be when I start devoting less time to my writing and more time to roleplaying (and not when my 1x1s die and I need to scout out new partners to fill the gap).

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
Oh no, I didn't mean to convey the impression that I was put off by your query! It's just that I find it very hard to associate 'interesting' and its synonyms with anything that isn't negative, mostly because my English teachers had a habit of saying my writing was 'interesting' and then giving me low marks for it orz As for your other query, I'll respond to it through our PM~

A minor update has been made to the Ideas tab; specifically, an addition of the genres I am partial to and will most likely generate ideas for in the future. Also, the thread is open again, but I am only seeking one partner this time around so if you'd like to roleplay with me, it may be in your best interest to jump in quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back