• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Just a bunch of character ideas / settings inside.

elderwood

Here's a bunch of character ideas / settings that I thought of that I think I'd like to explore further in a rp! Tell me if you're interested in any of em. I'll be periodically updating this list, maybe even elaborating on a bunch with some writing snippets. Oh, stuff that I like to see in a RP partner first:

- Keep advancing the story! I'd rather have a one-liner that pushes for interaction vs 5 paragraphs that do nothing but restate my post.
- Related to the above! I think that quality > quantity so I'm not really a stickler for "you must have 5+ paragraphs" posts. That being said, I'd like to read a lil more than a, "she nodded," kinda one liner.
- If you don't respond after like a month I'm just assuming you've dropped the rp. I'm good with slower roleplays but I think a month+ without any life is my limit. I think I'll respond at least once a week, if not more. If you wanna pick it back up after a month+ just reply again! Basically I'm good with on-off roleplays / ghost friendly / whatever.
- Feel free to add your own direction to the RP. We can discuss that stuff OOC or if it makes sense with your character you can just spring it on IC. Surprises are fun.

Anyway, here are some short lil character thoughts. Note! MC = My Character, YC = Your Character

1) Sky whalers.

A steampunk city in the sky. Sky whales are heavily prized for their floating glands, which allow for air travel. They also come with fountains of oil, which comes in handy for the whalers: it's a 2 for 1 deal. MC is a walking porcelain mechanical woman, whose maker has recently died from orange pox. He has left to her all of his possessions, including a small whaling airship named The Krill. YC is hired to help MC man the airship and pay off the maker's (well, now MC's debts). YC is: the maker's nephew/niece/sibling/parent/friend/child or whatever else you can think of. Doesn't need to be related to the maker at all.

2) Gravekeeping for Dummies.

A cursed fog has spread through the land of Mardovia. Said to be the wrath of God to cleanse the kingdom of sinners, it's had the added effect of bringing the dead back to life. These mindless corpses are bringing the kingdom to the brink of destruction... MC and YC were part of a group of clerics sent by the Holy Church to undertake a holy pilgrimage throughout the land. Now we are two, holed up in an abandoned village as the rest of our recently killed group searches for us amidst the fog.

3) Space Mercernary(ies).

Welcome to the living spaceship of Eden Prime. This massive floating ship has its own little ecosystem consisting of hundreds of districts each governed by its own captain. MC is a dumped service android. YC is *whatever you can think of*. We're both on a mission to raise enough funds to move to a better district and with it, a better life. Or perhaps you have some ulterior reasons for leaving?

I'll add more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back