JayTee's Alert PSA!

JayTee

Eight Thousand Club
JayTee's Alert PSA, as sponsored by the Association of Better Health and Entertainment for Gamers.

Remember! A healthy gamer is a happy gamer!

Gee golly whillikers Mister JayTee, What is this radical Alert system that all the cool kids are using?

I'm glad you asked, Timmy/Tammy! The Alert system is that handy dandy number that shows up every so often in the upper right corner of the site. Do you see that snazzy flag? The number of alert you have will show up there!

That sounds super keen! How does it work?

Well, Sonny Boy/Little Lady, whenever you post in a thread, the website will, by default, automatically set that thread as watched! When watching a thread, if someone posts in that thread, you'll get an Alert! You can also get an Alert if someone Tagged you, or if someone Liked a post you made! You can also manually watch a thread just by clicking the "Watch Thread" button just above the first post in the thread page, Isn't that super-dee duper?

But Mystery JayTee, sometimes I don't get an alert, even if I've posted in a thread! Please help!

Hahaha! don't worry, it's really quite simple! Sometimes when you get an Alert, you might simply mouse over to see what thread or what post got an alert. If you do that, but don't immediately click the link the alert gives you, the site will automatically assume you don't care about that thread anymore, and wont give you any more alerts.

I don't want the Alert system to abandon me! How do I fix it?!

Dry those eyes and look to the skies, Kiddo! To get your Alerts back, all you need to do is expend a bit of time and effort by manually checking the threads you have watched! To do this, simply look above to the menu bar at the very top of the site and click the button that says "Watched Threads". When you do, it'll take you to a page where you can see all the threads that you have set to "watched". If you have heeded the Alert system and kept up with all your alerts, it'll be blank! If not, you'll see a list of thread that have new content in them that you will not get alerts for. To get the alerts for those thread back, simply click on and look at those threads. Be sure to go to the very end and catch up to all the new content, or you still wont get any alerts! Alternately, click "Marked Forums Read" to refresh all the alerts! In addition, you can click "Persistent Alerts Enabled in your menu, and you'll always get an alert, no matter what! Isn't that, as the kids say, radical?

Thank you Mister JayTee! I promise to never take the Alert system for granted again!

Good on you, Timmy/Tammy!

This has been a PSA by the Association of Better Health and Entertainment for Gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:
JayTee, you are a trip!! I laughed and laughed at this! =)

May I suggest you edit in a little piece about Persistent Alerts? This is too good to end up outdated, man. :3

JayTee said:
But Mystery JayTee, sometimes I don't get an alert, even if I've posted in a thread! Please help!
Hahaha! don't worry, it's really quite simple! Sometimes when you get an Alert, you might simply mouse over to see what thread or what post got an alert. If you do that, but don't immediately click the link the alert gives you, the site will automatically assume you don't care about that thread anymore, and wont give you any more alerts.

I don't want the Alert system to abandon me! How do I fix it?!

Dry those eyes and look to the skies, Kiddo! To get your Alerts back, all you need to do is expend a bit of time and effort by manually checking the threads you have watched! To do this, simply look above to the menu bar at the very top of the site and click the button that says "Watched Threads". When you do, it'll take you to a page where you can see all the threads that you have set to "watched". If you have heeded the Alert system and kept up with all your alerts, it'll be blank! If not, you'll see a list of thread that have new content in them that you will not get alerts for. To get the alerts for those thread back, simply click on and look at those threads. Be sure to go to the very end and catch up to all the new content, or you still wont get any alerts! Alternately, click "Marked Forums Read" to refresh all the alerts! In addition, you can click "Persistent Alerts Enabled in your menu, and you'll always get an alert, no matter what! Isn't that, as the kids say, radical?

Thank you Mister JayTee! I promise to never take the Alert system for granted again!

Good on you, Timmy/Tammy!

This has been a PSA by the Association of Better Health and Entertainment for Gamers.
You're saying that RPNation.com sometimes un-watches threads automatically, without your consent?

That shouldn't happen.

Riuma said:
You're saying that RPNation.com sometimes un-watches threads automatically, without your consent?
No. it just doesn't send you any more alerts if you don't visit the thread. This is getting fixed in RpN 2.0

Hooray! More JayTee for everyone! 8D

The Dark Wizard]No. it just doesn't send you any more alerts if you don't visit the thread. This is getting fixed in RpN 2.0 [/QUOTE] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/1-the-dark-wizard/ said:
@The Dark Wizard[/URL]

I have noticed pages that have been opened for a while no longer update the alert log in the top right hand corner.

Can you fix this too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back