• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

It's you...

It's been about 7 years since Shawn has been home. He had just came home about 4 hours ago. He just arrived at his hometown and is already planning his welcome back party. He sent an invitation to almost everyone he knew. Friends, family, even his old high school love. He hadn't seen her since his senior year. He'd imagine she'd love to see him, and he would love to see her. As he sent out the letters, he had this thought, I wonder what's changed

I am a dolphin.

Also, sent from Atlantis using a shellphone.

It's been 7 years since Ashlynn's seen her high school love. Life was going well but she missed him dearly. She was engaged but honestly, she didn't know why she said yes. She sat there in her house when her fiancé left for work. He gave her a soft kiss and Ashlynn smiled through the kiss. "I love you." Derick whispered. "I love you more. Have a good day." Ashley whispered back and when he left, she got up and noticed that the mail had arrived and there was one letter that caught her handwriting. His handwriting didn't change. Ashlynn quickly grabbed it and opened it with a smile that never faded. He was back. Safe and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn walked out to his car. After 7 years of using military vehicles, he was glad to use his own car. Driving to his place, the arcade, wasn't very long. When he got out, he walked in and started playing, people looking at the shirt and realizing he was in the army. He couldn't forget about Ashlynn, this was her favorite game there.

I am a dolphin.

Ashlynn didn't feel like going to work and when she knew Shawn had to be back, she called into work with an emergency excuse. She went to the arcade and when she saw Shawn at her favorite game, she walked over at put a quarter in then grabbed the other gun. "You still don't stand a chance loser." She said and began to play as she was gaining more points then Shawn. She couldn't help but laugh. He looked so different. She missed him but she wore her engagement ring and it sparkled in the light.

"Hello Ashlynn. I see your engaged, but you wouldn't mind a kiss?" Shawn asked, still sucking at the game. He had the only medal that mattered to him, The Purple Heart. He couldn't help but laugh at being destroyed. "After being in the Navy for seven years, you tend to get good with real guns, not fake ones."

((What if Derick tried to hurt Shawn because he was jealous?))

I am a dolphin.

"I would let you kiss me but mmmm I don't know." Ashlynn said as she put the gun down after winning and smiled. She looked over at Shawn and soaked him all in. He was so perfect. "Oh shut up. You've always sucked with fake guns. That's why I kick your a** at every game." She said and laughed as she hugged him close. "I really did miss you."

(Omg I love it! Yes)

"Okay then," Shawn said, hugging her back and laughing. "No, I think it's because I got shot in the arm." He then put the gun down and put his hand on his head. "So, what's happened here? Are people proud I'm protecting?"

((But when?))

I am a dolphin.

"Of course people are proud you're protecting." Ashlynn said as she smiled. "I'm proud of you." She said even if she regretted thinking it was best for them to separate while he was away. She missed him. He was different then the others. "So I'm shocked. No questions about your replacement?" She said and laughed again.

"Oh yeah. His name?" Shawn asked, smiling. He was glad to be back. She even hadn't questioned the long scar on his cheek. He was cheerful right now. It was great he was back. "And, of course. I've been sniping enemies."

((If that happened, I would make Shawn propose.))

I am a dolphin.

"Derick Lancaster." Ashlynn said as she laughed softly. She was happy to have Shawn back. She was happy right now. "And I can tell." She said then looked at his scar and when nobody was looking, tiptoed to kiss it gently. "What happened?" She whispered as she pulled away and cupped his face to run her thumb over the scar.

((I'm not sure when and that would be so cute [emoji173]️))

"Guess you could say close cut from the enemy," Shawn said, laughing softly. "Derick Lancaster... Didn't he go to our school?" he asked, scratching his head, awaiting a reply.

((Last post of the night, and we should do it soon.))

I am a dolphin.

Ashlynn sighed as she shook her head. "Only you Shawn Hunter." She whispered and when he realized Derick went to their school, she laughed and nodded. "Yeah. He was one of the many boys who wanted to be mine but I had the perfect one during high school." She said and smiled softly. She looked at Shawn and became lost in his eyes. She tiptoed and slowly leaned in but she stopped herself. She couldn't do this. It would be mixed signals and honestly, she had a fiancé.

((Okay! Good night and alright.))

"Yeah. Anyways, fighting the enemy was fun but I'm glad to be back," Shawn said, smiling. When she leaned up to kiss him but stop, he nodded instead of doing a weird face. Mixed signals. "One of the best parts of being a Lieutenant is we get to keep the stuff the Navy gives us."

I am a dolphin.

"So what are did you keep Lieutenant Shawn." Ashlynn asked as she pulled away and smiled softly. Mixed signals were bad. She couldn't believe she did that. She did miss Shawn though. She wanted him back but it was too late for that. Their decision was one they both made but now, she regretted it.

"Guns," Shawn said, going back to his hard work training to be a Navy Seal. He had to lift tree trunks, God. That was really tough. And I was smart to dye my hair blue, he thought, scratching his head and smiling.

((What if Derick was driving past the arcade and he stopped there noticing Ashlynn's car and he walked in, going to hurt Shawn))

I am a dolphin.

Ashlynn laughed and smiled at Shawn as she noticed her fiancé walking in. "Oh hello love." Ashlynn said as he walked over and looked at Derick. "This is Shawn love. Remember him?" Ashlynn asked when she noticed Derick smelt like alcohol. He went over to Shawn and punched him. Ash saw it. The jealousy Derick had for Shawn. "Derick stop it!" Ashlynn called out as she tried to separate the two. This wasn't how it was supposed to be.

((I liked that idea so there.))

Shawn felt his eye swell up, and glared. "I don't want to fight. Punch or hurt me all you want, I won't," Shawn said, standing up straight and awaiting the next punch. The Navy Seals trained him hard. It would be an unfair advantage if he were to fight. "I'm standing my ground, but won't fight."

I am a dolphin.

Derick hit again and Ash felt so weak, letting Derick hit Shawn like that. "You think you can just come back and steal my fiancé from me?!" He exclaimed and Ash got in front of Shawn before Derick could hit him. Derick stopped at looked at his fiancé and sighed. "I'll be at home. Choose Ash." He said then walked off. Ashlynn looked at Shawn and touched his face lightly. "I'm so sorry." She whispered, her face close to his as she examined the punch.

"That's okay. And he smelled like alcohol," Shawn said, just feeling his eye gave him goosebumps. It hurt, but not as much as a ballistic knife to the face. He then realized he said to choose and looked extremely confused. "He said choose. Choose what?"

I am a dolphin.

Ashlynn sighed and looked at Shawn with a forced smile. "Don't worry about it. He's jealous of you. He always has been." She whispered and looked at Shawn as she touched his eye. "I'm so sorry he did this to you." She whispered and sighed. She felt terrible this happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back