It's just one of those days...

HybridxForce

A String of DNA
The days where you have no idea what's going on. You wake up and think what have I been doing with my life. That slight feeling of depression that's always lingered around you, but today it's gotten a hold on your conscience. At this point you don't want to do anything, maybe you can't do anything. Your body is rested, your mind alert, but for some reason you can't bring yourself to move. If people ask what's wrong you say it's nothing or that you can't explain it. The more they ask the more you feel that something is wrong with you. In your mind it's just one of those days. You're hungry but you don't feel like eating. You wait anxiously for something hoping that it will spur about a rise in energy. Something, anything, that'll get you on your feet and thinking like normal. What is normal? Am I not normal? Is the way I'm acting wrong? Do I not conform to the norm and are therefore odd, irregular. The days that pass where your mind simply wanders. What can I do to get my life on track? I need to eat better, exercise, work harder, sleep well, enjoy life. The thoughts never end, always left half finished. Without some form of self gratification you're stuck in an endless cycle of woe and pity. Have I rambled enough at this point or is my mind still craving that source of stimuli. What can break me from this chain of thought? I feel tired despite sleeping. My mind aches but for no apparent reason. I hunger but do not care to fill myself. Where do these thoughts come from? Is it really me thinking this? I'm sane, just barely. I wonder when I'll be back to normal. I should focus on something. Anything that can keep my attention is good enough for me. I'm lost in sea of endless thoughts. When I try to remember something to cheer myself up I find only the memories of my failures and past mistakes. They eat away at me and I close myself off ever further. I'm hesitant to speak to others even my family may fear my thoughts. I don't dare to think of what I might do if these thoughts consumed me. No, they have before and I wish I could forget. Is it over? Have I finally released myself from the shackles? I think I see the light. I'm free, for once I can say that truthfully. It's not good to keep things bottled up. And with that I feel much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or if you would like you can continue writing on of your internal turmoil in the 'Prose & Poems' section under the Workshop Forum. I recently wrote something of similarity to yours. And I will tell you, it helped me out a lot to release my feelings. Write it all out, it can be a narrative or a story based on your feelings. Release yourself~

Let my emotional turmoil flood the world! Jk, but I'll think about it. It does sound like a more appropriate place for this kind of thing. As always thank you for the advice.

HybridxForce said:
Let my emotional turmoil flood the world! Jk, but I'll think about it. It does sound like a more appropriate place for this kind of thing. As always thank you for the advice.
No problem :3

If you do really feel depressed, I'd suggest...

this is going to probably sound cheesey but

depending on age and what's available, talk to a school counselor or professional.

Obviously I am not near a professhoonal, and by the site's rules I can't give you real-life sorta advice that should be given by professionals, but some of the things you listed do seem like common signs/symptoms.

I got it covered, didn't mean to worry anyone just had to get that out. As I said it's not good to keep things bottled up, and sometimes just knowing someone else in the world has concern for you is enough to make you realize the good parts of life. In all honesty, reading it a second time I feel a little embarrassed. Problem my self gratifying ego got the better of me. But yeah might start rambling soon so I'll leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back