• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern It’s Just a Game... IC

Baylor Arryn
middle_585a3807a28a1.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
sprouhtt sprouhtt SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful
Rhaine Rhaine
@everjinx

Baylor smirked as Richard confirmed that he would allow Fredrick to speak, muttering a few inaudiable words to his son before handing him the phone. Fredrick greeted him pleasantly at least. “You do not owe me anything but your ears ol’ sport. All you need to do is listen. And keep this between me and you, we know how the Old Lion can be eh? Also, i’ll know if you tell him, my eyes and ears are everywhere...”

“Now! So I have a proposition for you ol’ sport! Tonight I was thinking about hosting a few folk at my club... Your father would be quite a buzzkill ol’ sport, so you’re my next choice. Plus you’ll be Mayor! We both know how stoic those silly Starks get... Anywho, you have a invitation to come tonight to discuss buisness and such! Oh wait, is the Little Lion around...? No. Darn. Well bring him to, he’s a good lad to have in a pickle from what i’ve heard... So, do you accept?”

Evelyn Lyanna Stark
giphy.gif
Her long, mocha brown hair naturally fell down her back as the music echoed in the room from the sonograph. Her hips swayed side-by-side as her feet stumbled across the floor along side with Lenora’s own. Evelyn didn’t know why Lenora insisted she would lead the both of them and be the “man” of the dance when it was quite obvious to Evelyn that she, herself, should have been. She absolutely hated being taken controlled of and better yet needing to yield to another person. So, instead of properly giving Lenora the satisfaction of having the role, Evelyn smirked playfully and continued as she pleased despite wanting to properly give honor to the music that called to her. As Evelyn kept bumping into Lenora, she could only innocently try to play of the mistake before the both of them almost ended up stumbling down to the ground due to a misstep that caused them to be almost entangled with each other.

But, not a moment sooner, Evelyn steadied herself as she also watched Lenora find her balance before bursting into a fit of laughter, seeing how funny the both of them looked. Evelyn stuck her tongue out as she rolled her eyes before responding exasperatedly, "You are not that much taller! Just because you may be as tall as the chandelier doesn't mean you can just "man-handle" lil' ol' me. I'll have you know, this row will take much more than a dance." She said, waving it off, commenting, "I do know the foxtrot. . I just wanted to see if you could keep up with me." Evelyn winked before grabbing a pillow, quickly getting on top of the couch as she extended the pillow at Lenora as if she was wielding a sword. "En garde!" Evelyn exclaimed, attempting to get into a fighting stance grinning as she waited for Lenora to take up arms as well.

Cerys, Little Wolf's [Evelyn] most faithful companion, could only perk his head up as he laid by the fireplace, watching the scene with interest as his ears were on high alert as he heard the door open but kept his eyes on both Little Wolf and Iron Doe [Lenora]. It was normal to Cerys that Little Wolf would act in such a childish manner, but that's what he loved about the little one. His gaze then flickered towards Iron Doe as it was fixated upon her. He felt grateful to the women knowing that Little Wolf finally had a human companion aside from her siblings to speak to, though he knew he was number one. It wasn't lonely for Cerys to just be around Little Wolf as she was all he needed, however, he just knew, from the bottom of Little Wolf's heart she had been lonely in the big mansion by herself. So, when Irone Doe came into their life and became a constant, Cerys remained watchful - keeping an eye on not just the Little Wolf but also the Iron Doe.

However, when Nathaniel came into view and plopped down on the couch, Evelyn's eyes widened in surprise before reverting into happiness as she jumped off the couch. "Nate!" She called out toward her elder brother, a genuine nickname she called him when she was little since she couldn't pronounce his whole name and it stuck to her still to this day. Cerys, on the other hand, made his way towards Nathaniel giving him a lick on his hand before laying down next to Nathaniel's chair. A small giggle escaped her lips as she went to stand near Lenora, "Cerys missed you and merely wanted to tell you that he has your back as well." Evelyn grinned before seeing the tiredness on her brother's face as decided not to ask how things went.

But, when Lenora addressed her brother, speaking of the row they were having, Evelyn wanted to retort back to her comment of the Stark being known for their stubbornness only for her brother to agree but also that she was more stubborn than the rest. With a loud gasp, Evelyn pursued her lips together, frowning as she placed a hand on her hip, "That's entirely unfair! Nora believes she's taller than me and I quite doubt that. I am still growing, just check the markings on the wall! I grew a few centimeters from last week!" She insisted, before continuing, "And I just wanted to lead the dance." Evelyn pouted as Cerys huffed, seeing how childish Little Wolf was being. However, it was always like that for the young Lady - a child at heart.

Looking over at Lenora, Evelyn attempted to keep a straight face for as long as she could only for a laugh to escape her lips as she sighed, "Quarreling with you is the best part of the day! It would be odd if we weren't. I find it terribly funny whenever people do take our arguments seriously thinking we are fighting but we are merely messing around." Evelyn smirked before hearing pitter-patter footsteps coming. As Willie came into view, Evelyn's face brightened before Cerys stood up, wagging his tail. "Willie! What shall we do tonight?" She questioned him once Nathaniel released him before scooping him up in her arms tapping his nose gently. As Elizabeth appeared in the room as well, Evelyn waved, smiling at her, "Sister! You've finally decided to show yourself. The family is all here. Should we take a stroll? Or perhaps maybe after dinner?" She questioned, looking towards Nora, Nathaniel, and Elizabeth. Cerys could only bark happily, walking up to Elizabeth as he licked her hands as well, greeting her.

But, as Elizabeth sat down and responded to her elder's brother question if she was well, Evelyn's eyes furrowed slightly as she continued to hold Willie in her arms moving him side-to-side as she played with him. "Sister, maybe a bit of fresh air would help?" She asked worriedly, seeing how thin her sister seemed to be getting. Evelyn knew Elizabeth would need something to eat that wouldn't upset her stomach, but what? Maybe something warm? Soup? But, that sounded quite bland. But, when the question rose about how his campaign was going, Evelyn was all ears. "There must be something Lenora, Cerys, Willie, and I could do to help?" Evelyn tilted her head to the side before nuzzling her nose against Willie's before letting him down, seeing what he wanted to do yet at the same time she wanted to let her siblings know she would always support them.

Misty Gray Misty Gray , Rhaine Rhaine , NanLia NanLia

Catherine Leona Lannister

ygy-png.377359
Catherine watched on as Austyn mentioned how his father downplayed him and repeated his question of how his services could be of use. She tightened her jaw as she anticipated her father's response. She didn't exactly disagree with her little brother as she had observed him being purposely overlooked. Her mother died giving birth to her youngest brother, but that wasn't his fault. She wasn't sure if it was that she hadn't bonded closely with her mother in the time they had together, but the woman's death barely affected her and growing up in a male dominated environment made her grow a thicker skin than most young women.

Once her father had finished addressing Austyn and returned to the matter at hand, Catherine snapped out of her concerns for her little brother. Her father mentioned an alliance with the Arryns and apparently on cue, Baylor called wishing to speak with Frederick. The Arryns were certainly easier to work with than the goody Starks, but she didn't trust them enough so would remain cautious.

Richard then brought his attention to Catherine and she returned his smirk as he began telling her to be creative. “Well, it shouldn’t be too difficult to convince them of Nathaniel’s ineptitude as a leader. He may be a decent and honest person, but we need someone who isn’t afraid to have enemies and become unpopular for making tough decisions. We Lannisters can make hard decisions and detach ourselves from the emotions of some useless little homeless woman who didn’t know how to do a hard day’s work,” she remarked. She nodded affirmatively. “I will use my charms to get some guys on board for those unfortunate incidents.”

When her father then went on to say he wanted her to keep an eye on Austyn, Catherine nodded her head. She wasn't quite so scathing of her little brother, but she cared about Austyn enough to want to keep an eye on him for his own sake. With a little discipline and reigning in, she believed her brother was very useful to the family.

@everjinx ReverseTex ReverseTex Rhaine Rhaine

Last edited:
Nathaniel Robert Stark

151294115964643-jpg.377139
Nathaniel smiled and softly rubbed Elizabeth's shoulder when she leaned in to place a kiss on his cheek. He was glad to hear she was well. He glanced to the bump on her stomach as she went to sit down, quite excited by the thought of there being another life around the house soon. Nothing was more important than family and the larger the better, he believed. He couldn't help but chuckle as he watched his nephew energetically dance around the room. Elizabeth then asked how the fundraiser went and he brought his attention back to her. "Don't apologise, Beth. You need to be resting and taking care of yourself now, not overdoing things. The fair went well. I couldn't stick around for the full day, but it was all running very smoothly and very actively when I left." His face turned a little more serious as he thought about his adviser's reaction to his speech. "I think Roger is going to be slightly challenging during this campaign. He's quite a cynical man and was really rather excited when he thought I'd set the whole fundraiser up to gain support for the election."

Nathaniel couldn't help but grin as Evelyn happily greeted him. Her enthusiasm made the last of his worries and apprehension leave his mind for a time. After Cerys had licked his hand, Nathaniel reached down and rubbed the fur on the top of the resting animal's head. "Cerys' support is much appreciated," he played along. When going for a stroll was suggested, he thought to his leg which was now feeling rested after easing off for a short time. He was sure he could manage a stroll after dinner, not wanting to have any of his family fussing over an injury when he could have met a worse fate during the war. It was just another flare up and he knew it would stop causing him bother in a couple of days. "If my favourite three ladies wish to go for a walk, then go for a walk we shall," he told Evelyn and the others before flashing a smile.

When his youngest sister asked if there was something his family could do to help the campaign, Nathaniel nodded his head. "Right now, I need all of you to continue doing what you're doing. You all make me proud and uphold the Stark family's good name. Having your support gives me the strength and motivation I need to continue with this campaign."

Rhaine Rhaine NanLia NanLia deer deer

Lenora C. Baratheon
with/mentions: Evelyn deer deer , Nathaniel Misty Gray Misty Gray , Elizabeth NanLia NanLia

e94ba6399ca933d1df339343a89b65b8--lady-sybil-female-characters.jpg
Lenora rolled her eyes in the wake of her friend's words. Even in the gesture, however, she retained graciousness. It was almost as if she were humoring Evelyn in her consternation.

"You were testing me? Bunk. Baloney. Banana oil! In any case, if I am not meant to be the one leading the dance for the sake of my height, then I fail to see what makes you more qualified. It's not as if I want to lead. I only wish to be sensible." She spoke in a light tone, having fun amidst the exchange. Sometimes, when she was caught up in Evelyn like this, squabbling or merrymaking, for there was no real difference between the two activities, Lenora often found herself feeling like a girl again, though she was quite a woman grown these days. It had snuck up on her, between her adolescent years. She had been much taller than any of the boys in her youth, though eventually, to her relief, they caught up and then some.

She raised a dark eyebrow, a fine, tempered grin blooming over her features as Evelyn climbed atop the couch and brandished a pillow like a broadsword. Lenora took up a pillow as well, shifting into a fighting stance. "You are a formidable foe, Lady Stark, but that will not suffice to stay my hand." She teased, her voice taking on a more falsely haughty tone. She set the pillow back down as their gathered attention turned to Nathaniel.

As she looked to Evelyn, who now stood beside her, a sweet, complete smile lay upon her lips. Her enjoyment of the moment was amplified as the family she was so endeared to began to gather together. It was as usual, yet Lenora appreciated it for a moment as if it were new. She could feel Nathaniel's dark eyes on her for a few lingering moments, and goosebumps rose for that brief exchange on the surface of her skin. She was hyper-aware of it, and at the same time it passed by her like a memory from a dream.

She scoffed, gently patting the top of Evelyn's dark-crowned head. "Still growing? At twenty-seven? I was unaware that you possesed such an unheard of talent, Evelyn. How come I have not noticed evidence of it for all the years I've known you? Perhaps I'm not so skilled at detecting the extra centimeters you claim to be piling on." Her words were steeped in sarcasm and amusement, her blue eyes shining with endearment. In times like these, she often thought that she could never be more fond of her friend then she was in that moment. She always proved herself wrong.

Lenora's eyes widened in delight as she spied Elizabeth and her darling boy enter the room. She greeted Elizabeth with a smile, her eyes flitting to the swell of her abdomen. It was a bittersweet sight. She couldn't imagine being in her place, with the father of her child taken from her. Elizabeth's strength had always astounded her. There was softness in her expression as she watched Nathaniel take the boy up in his arms before letting him free. The sight chased away any of the remaining sour notes. She giggled as Willie did a half-conceived sort of dance to the music still filling the room. She clapped a few times in encouragement. As Evelyn took the child in her arms, Lenora came close, adoringly grazing one of the boy's rosy cheeks. "Aren't you just the most darling dancer? A real floorflusher for sure. You've got it, sweetheart." She cooed.

Lenora quieted as talk of the campaign and of the plans for the evening sprung forth. She listened, her eyes traveling perceptively. She briefly thought of diverting the prospect of taking a stroll, though she was agreeable with the idea. It was simply the thought that Nathaniel had been about all day, and that his old wound might be troubling him. Still, if it was too bad to accompany them, she knew he would have said so, and she went along smoothly. "It is fine out." She commented lightly. It was quite different outside from the bright, close warmth of the lounge. The crisp air outside might do them all some good.

She turned thoughtful as Nathaniel spoke of how their support was crucial to his strength and motivation going forward with his campaign. She hoped it was true. Lenora often wished that there was some way she could be more useful to him, that there might be a place for her in all this, and yet all she could seem to do was speak encouragement, show concern. She often felt that it wasn't enough, but she couldn't think of what more she could do.

"You will always have it, Nathan, campaign or no. We are with you." She gave a small nod, gaze open and earnest.

jBLWx69.jpg
Elizabeth smiled warmly hearing and seeing how much love and concern her family had for her well being. She knew she would never have survived these past several months if it hadn't been for them. While she adored her Mormont family they didn't have the compassion and love the Starks did. Even Lenora Beth considered a Stark by Stark standards. She watched her son attempt to dance like the girls had been but his chubby legs lacked the co-ordination and he soon gave in to distraction, tugging on Cerys' tail. She tisked at him. "William." The boy met her gaze and she pointed at the couch beside her. Glumly the boy wandered to his mother and when close enough he was scooped up and set on the seat beside her. She had little doubt he knew what he had been doing was wrong, but it certainly hadn't stopped him.

The girls were mentioning dinner and a walk and she smiled. "That sounds wonderful," She said in agreement, glancing between them and Nathaniel. "I suppose I should get to the kitchen soon if we're going to eat at all tonight." Beth loved working in the kitchen, it took her mind off of things, let her focus on the here and now and not wandering to what had been or might have been. She shifted along the couch, bringing herself to sit at the edge in preparation. "I know just the thing we shall have tonight," She said with a smile. "Mother's favorite." Their mother had been from the Old World and a fond lover of its food. Any time she wanted to celebrate something: a birthday, success at the workplace, even a day that had just gone well she always made the same meal. Leek soup, roasted guinea fowl and lemon cake.

Beth heaved herself back up to her feet, using the arm of the couch for balance, she gently smoothed her dress around her hips, looking over the three in the room. "Any volunteers to watch Willie?"
Misty Gray Misty Gray
Rhaine Rhaine
deer deer

Nathaniel Robert Stark

Nathaniel looked to Lenora as she told him he would always have the support of her as well as his sisters. He couldn't help but send her a somewhat lingering smile and gaze. "That really means a lot," he replied, slowly nodding his head. His attention was drawn away from Lenora as he heard William being berated for pulling poor Cerys' tail. He figured the boy was going to be going through one of those naughty stages for a while yet, so hoped William wouldn't cause his mother too much stress, especially in her present condition.

Nathaniel was glad to hear Elizabeth would be making them their mother's favourite for dinner. "Wonderful! I can't wait," he told his sister. Whilst he would prefer she took it easy, he knew cooking was a sort of distraction for her since losing James, so he wouldn't talk her out of it. When she asked for a volunteer to watch William, he figured it was the least he could do. "I'll keep an eye on him, Beth. There'll be not terrorising Cerys on my watch, young man!" he said, pretending to warn the small child.

After glancing to Lenora once more he looked to Evelyn. "Little Wolf, please could you help Beth in the kitchen? It would be awfully neglectful of us to let our sister do all of the cooking alone right now," he suggested. Whilst he genuinely felt Elizabeth should have some help, he also wanted the chance to speak with Lenora in private. It wasn't often he got to do so, these days.

Rhaine Rhaine NanLia NanLia deer deer

Last edited:
Frederick K. Lannister
with/mentions: Catherine Misty Gray Misty Gray , Austyn/Baylor ReverseTex ReverseTex , Richard @everjinx

00451e7299592046184751bf441bb875--boyd-holbrook-beautiful-men.jpg
Frederick could practically hear the smirk in Baylor's crisp, curling voice. He couldn't keep the slight amusement from his face, a norm when birds fancied to speak into his ear. Furthermore, the deeming of his father as a "buzzkill" struck a humorous chord. It was funny, yes, but also quite intriguing. There was business the falcon wished to deal with the Lannisters, and yet Baylor seemed to have no intention of including the old lion. Frederick briefly wondered if he should be worried, but he couldn't seem to manage it. It wasn't as if he objected. Of course, he had never trusted Arryns, Baylor least of all, but that was nothing new. There weren't many, if any, that he trusted. The obedient son long buried in him was anxious at the prospect of going outside of his father's knowledge, but the grown man he had become didn't even miss a beat.

He had to confirm with the falcon, without giving away the topic of discussion to his father, who was no doubt listening to his responses.

"Yes, I do." He spoke, nodding slightly, giving a natural pause as if Baylor were speaking. The pause was the differentiation between his true response and the words he would spin in order to keep his father in the dark. He didn't feel guilty. It wasn't as if their family way was that of transparency. If he had wanted, he could've just as well justified it as only abiding to Baylor's threat of awareness, though in truth, Frederick knew that he wouldn't have needed it in order to stay quiet. He did great many things these days that would shock his youthful self. "You're too kind, Baylor. I appreciate any and all support of my campaign, even from the Falcon of Bronx." He gave a brief chuckle. It was a rich, handsome sound. "Alright. I assume we'll be speaking further soon. Goodbye, Baylor." His tone was more gracious, warmer than he felt.

He passed the phone back to his father, leaning slightly against the desk. He crossed his arms.

Once the phone was back on its receiver, he spoke with a tiredly amused air.

"Baylor Arryn congratulated me on my announced campaign, and expressed his
complete faith in my future success and position. Looks like he might be right where you want him, father. Unless, like everyone else in the city, besides perhaps the Starks, he's saying what he thinks we want to hear."

He gave a casual shrug of his shoulders. He wasn't exactly lying, only omitting the truth.

Frederick wondered where Austyn had run off too. He knew he would find him either way - checking the usual places, doing the usual rounds. It was either he or Cathy that went to retrieve him and talk him down from his more heated encounters with their father, and this time around it would be his turn. He would make sure of it. After all, they had an affair to attend that very night.

Baylor Arryn
middle_585a3807a28a1.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful
Rhaine Rhaine
@everjinx

Baylor twirled the phone cord with his freehand, “Do you have a tux ol’ sport?” He replied with a simple “yes I do.” Silently confirming that the Lannister brothers would be of attendance. Letting Fredrick speak, mostly to lead of Richard, he couldn’t help but smile at the lions lie. Supporting the campaign? Good lie for the Old Lion to hear, but not a valid one. Baylor did live to help and serve from the other houses eyes, but underneath he quietly built his web of lies. “Good. My birds tell me your brother is by the harbor by the way. Pick him up, get your tuxs, and be at my club at 7:30 ol sport.” Hanging up the phone, he had no more to say as he stood up. Heading to ready himself for tonight

Austyn Lannister
Billy-Vandendooren-Style-2015-Fashion-Editorial-009.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
@everjinx
Misty Gray Misty Gray
Rhaine Rhaine

Austyn had quickly escaped the Lannister homestead, driving away in the now worsening snow. Unlike most of his family, he for one enjoyed the white rain, it was different just like him... But on the way to one of his spots, he quickly stopped at the Cotton Gin, picking up a bagged bottle of vodka for the road.

Currently he stood, one foot against the hood of his car, his brown bag in hand as he sipped at the Russian beverage. He had parked the car overlooking the East River, Brooklyn visible through the snow to a trained eye. The Arryns owned that area if he remembered correctly. His father made little effort to teach him of the houses, his brother doing most of the work. All his father loved about him was his expendability, always throwing him in god knows what. Glancing at his watch, he smiled. This would be a new record for his siblings, usually they found him in under a hour. Perhaps Richard had his last straw? Either way, he could care very little.

Imogen Arryn

IMG_8613.PNG
Imogen sat at her vanity, redoing her hair, fixing it into the faux bob that she generally wore. Even if Selene didn't choose to go out with her, it certainly wouldn't stop Imogen. In her hair, she had fixed sparkling pins that glittered in the light.

Imogen jumped up as she heard a knock at her door. She grabbed her purse and went to open the door. She saw the little boy there and gave him another fifty cents, equaling a dollar that she would give him and took the letter from him. She kindly shooed him away and went back into her apartment and sat back down at her vanity. She finished with her rouge and bright red lipstick before going to go get dressed. She picked out a flirty, pink dress, with a low waistline. It was a fun and stylish dress, perfect for a girl's night. She slipped the dress on and went to her jewelry box. A lot of it looked expensive, however, it was mostly just costume. She honestly preferred to have it that way. She would get all the fashionable jewelry with diamonds and sapphires when she was an actual movie star.

She picked out a few rings that had faux diamonds, and a long strand of pearls that she wrapped around her neck a few times. Once she was done, she looked herself over in the mirror. She smiled with approval, and grabbed her white fur coat. She grabbed her purse and left her apartment. She hailed a taxi and headed over to her sister's house. It was a short ride and she was over there quickly. She walked up to her sisters door and knocked.

sprouhtt sprouhtt

Frederick K. Lannister
with/mentions: Catherine Misty Gray Misty Gray , Austyn/Baylor ReverseTex ReverseTex , Richard @everjinx

00451e7299592046184751bf441bb875--boyd-holbrook-beautiful-men.jpg
After dismissing himself from the meeting and saying a goodbye to Cathy, Frederick was on his way, off to find Austyn. Baylor had said his little brother was down by the harbor. One of his "birds" had told him so. Very little went unnoticed in this city. True secrets were hard to come by, and still, Frederick felt as if he were drowning in them.

Coat and hat back on, he pulled out of the driveway of his family's estate, hands tight on the steering wheel. He enjoyed driving - the careening, unpredictable, everyday chaos of it. It said something when being uncomfortable was comforting to him. At least then, he knew he wasn't in the midst of a trap.

True enough, he spotted Austyn's car soon without trouble, down by the harbor of the East River. The man in question was propped against the hood of the scarlet beast, drinking. His brother's slim, though expansive form was bent and stooping. He knew he was expecting him. He wondered if any of Austyn's hostility from the office remained. He hadn't even been able to speak his name then. He doubted his affection would suddenly rise from the grave out of no where. Even so, Frederick knew something of choking down inner demons. When all the world is a stage, the real anxiety lies in facing the person beneath the golden, glittering masks - where the rot, depravity, and maliciousness lay.

He parked beside his brother's car, cutting the ignition, stepping out, and shutting the heavy car door behind him. Frederick took off his hat and set it on the hood of his car. His sharp shoulders were bunched up against the cold once more. His expression was trained and neutral. He nodded toward the bottle in Austyn's hands.

"You drowning sorrows or steeling your nerves? Somewhere in between maybe?"

He smiled slightly, though it didn't touch his emerald gaze. Shaking his head, almost dismissive of his own comment, he got down to the meat of it.

"The fact that this has become a family tradition is probably telling." He remarked, reaching into his coat pocket to grasp a cigarette, lighting it while it was caught between his teeth. He took a drag.

Plumes of white, ghosts burst out into the frigid air through his parted lips. For a moment he almost looked more like a dragon than a lion. It was a fleeting image.

Frederick took the cigarette between his fingers, extending it to his little brother in offering.

"You and I have a party to attend tonight. Baylor Arryn has personally extended an invitation." He raised his eyebrows slightly in mock reverence, though his expression was serious.

Through the bitter smell of smoke, the scent of the river peale
d through the winter air, coaxing and familiar.

Last edited:
Austyn Lannister
Billy-Vandendooren-Style-2015-Fashion-Editorial-009.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Rhaine Rhaine

Austyn sat silently as he heard a car’s engine approach his sanctuary, knowing it would be his brother Fredrick regardless. Taking a sip of his vodka, not glancing back as the car silenced, Fredrick walking towards him and his own car. Nodding at his brothers remark on his beverage, his face neutral like Fredricks, he handed the bagged bottle to him. Taking the cigarette in turn, his drag slow and precise, the cloud of smoke released looked as if fog was rising.

Passing the cigarette to his brother, he broke his silence. “You’re not wrong. But there is no way I will ever be able to respect that man Fred, no way. I have no animosity towards Cathy, and little towards you honestly. Hell you don’t even like your position, you’d rather be in the Cotton Gin smoking and drinking life away... I get it. We all have to have skills that provide useful to Richard Lannister, and mine happen to be a little more deadlier than yours.” Listening to his brothers next words about Baylor Arryn, his icy eyes narrowed slightly, curious of the man’s interests. It was well known the Arryns were a sly bunch, dating back to the medieval days with their patriarch Baelish...

That man is practically a walking Baelish, I payed attention in Richard’s extensive history lessons... But, we are a little underdressed for a party no? Get in the car.”

Imogen Arryn

View attachment 380523
Imogen sat at her vanity, redoing her hair, fixing it into the faux bob that she generally wore. Even if Selene didn't choose to go out with her, it certainly wouldn't stop Imogen. In her hair, she had fixed sparkling pins that glittered in the light.

Imogen jumped up as she heard a knock at her door. She grabbed her purse and went to open the door. She saw the little boy there and gave him another fifty cents, equaling a dollar that she would give him and took the letter from him. She kindly shooed him away and went back into her apartment and sat back down at her vanity. She finished with her rouge and bright red lipstick before going to go get dressed. She picked out a flirty, pink dress, with a low waistline. It was a fun and stylish dress, perfect for a girl's night. She slipped the dress on and went to her jewelry box. A lot of it looked expensive, however, it was mostly just costume. She honestly preferred to have it that way. She would get all the fashionable jewelry with diamonds and sapphires when she was an actual movie star.

She picked out a few rings that had faux diamonds, and a long strand of pearls that she wrapped around her neck a few times. Once she was done, she looked herself over in the mirror. She smiled with approval, and grabbed her white fur coat. She grabbed her purse and left her apartment. She hailed a taxi and headed over to her sister's house. It was a short ride and she was over there quickly. She walked up to her sisters door and knocked.

sprouhtt sprouhtt

Interaction w/: SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful
Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray

demi-rose-mawby-instagram-teaser.png
Selene was flustered, she had no idea what to wear to this 'girls night,' our with her sister. She looked through her endless dresses that were in her closet until she came across a black dress that had a slit near the thigh. Selene put it on and a pair of black heels. Selene thought back to her little out burst earlier and maybe she was overreacting, but then again she felt as if Baylor never really accepted her as his sibling and she felt as if he was never grateful for what she would do for him. Sometimes she even questions herself and whether or not she should just leave this business and live her own life, away from Imogen and Baylor who seem to be doing alright, emotionally and physically.

Selene looked at the clock and knew that her sister would be here at any moment now. Selene grabbed a couple of things such as lipstick, cash, a mirror and a small pocket knife that she put into her clutch bag to protect herself in case something were to happen. Selene heard a knocking at the door, it echoed down the hallway so it shocked her. Selene walked down the stairs without saying a single word, and she looked through the small hole on the door and saw that it was Imogen. She opened the door and allowed for her sister to walk in, "Well...it is certainly nice to see you on time again. I was surprised when you asked to have a 'girls night out,' Imogen. The question is, where are we going?" Selene asked her as she waited for a reply.

Lenora C. Baratheon
with/mentions: Evelyn (NPC) , Nathaniel Misty Gray Misty Gray , Elizabeth/Willie NanLia NanLia

source.gif

Lenora's breath had admittedly caught momentarily with Nathaniel's response. If she hadn't been entirely present, alert, and aware of the other company - practiced at this point in keeping such things at least a bit below the surface, she would've certainly blushed girlishly under his lingering and sincere gaze. She internally rolled her eyes at herself. Having been much in the same situation ever since Nathan had returned from the war, it had become commonplace. As soon as she had been aware of her own fancies in this respect, it had been all the worse for her. Normality had become a task. It was a good thing her resolve was virtually unbreakable. Subtlety had never been her forte, but with the strength of her will she had prevailed. So far, at least.

She gave Elizabeth a bright, cheerful grin of affirmation, a light in her blue eyes. She knew Elizabeth took joy in preparing meals, and Nora felt she should take joy in whatever she could, as often as she could these days. Whatever helped turn the world a bit lighter was worthwhile.

"Sounds divine. You know your lemon cake is my favorite. I'm already in pieces. How will I cope with the anticipation?"

She teased, mock-desperately pressing her hands to her chest. A brief, quiet laugh chased away her jest, and she turned her eyes to Willie. He was perched on the couch after being mildly scolded for pulling the dog's tail. The quirk in her expression was affectionate. The boy was too young to have lost someone so significant. Lenora could relate.

She paused in her thoughts as Nathaniel offered to watch the boy whilst urging Evelyn to join Elizabeth in the kitchen. Surely it was nothing, but she was hypersensitive to such things. It was what she had hoped might happen. She treasured any moment alone with him she was allowed. She wondered if he had consciously done so. In all but moments like these, she didn't dare to suspect or hope too dearly - fleeting dreams.

The moment didn't live in her expression, though she felt it profoundly. Her gaze was already turned to Elizabeth. She hovered a bit close by as the woman stood, there in case her assistance was needed. Lenora had never been with child before, but she didn't need to have first-hand experience to know it was no stroll in the park.

As Elizabeth and Evelyn began to depart into the kitchen, Nora looked to Willie.

"Did you hear that, you rascal? Your Uncle Nathan and I are going to keep a close eye on you. There will be no tomfoolery on our watch." She set her hands on her hips for a moment, narrowing her eyes playfully at William, before she took the seat Elizabeth had left, taking the boy affectionately in her lap for a moment.

"Mark my words, little bear. Misbehave and I will tickle the dickens out of you." She spoke quietly, as if it were a grave secret, trying not to laugh.

She set him down gently so he was free to play about, dance, or find a few of his toys laying about. Her eyes always returned to him, keeping tabs.

She glanced to Nathan, a softer, secret sort of smile touching her expression.

"Has it been a long day? You look like you're in need of a good rest, or perhaps just good news."

Her voice came quieter. Her manner was more intimate, now that they were alone, as always. She glanced again to where she knew his wound lay, wondering again if it was troubling him. She brushed a stray dark curl behind her ear.

Nathaniel Robert Stark

Nathaniel fondly watched as his two sisters went into the kitchen to prepare dinner. He turned his focus back to his nephew as the boy sat on the couch still slightly unhappy at been berated for tugging on the dog's tail. Nathaniel couldn't help but smile as he observed Lenora interacting with the small child. A quiet chuckle escaped him as she picked Willaim up and continued to talk to the boy. It was always a joy to watch his friend as she behaved naturally whilst interacting with members of the family.

When Lenora set William down, Nathaniel's eyes followed his nephew until the boy sat down on the floor and seemed content to play with the toys around him. His attention was then drawn back to the beautiful woman sitting across from him as she asked about his day.

"It was definitely a long day, Lenora," he told her, flashing a weak smile. "The fair was wonderful and I'm sure plenty of funds will have been raised by the end of it," he assured her. He'd had to leave early to check in on the stock exchange so never go to see the fundraiser through until the end. "I feel things will be tough in the times ahead, with this election campaign. You know I never run from a challenge and under normal circumstances I'd be all in for the thrill of the ride. Unfortunately, we both know the Lannisters don't "waste" time with integrity and they will play this dirty. Hell, I've even got men on my side in my ear telling me to play this dirty, which my conscience cannot allow."

Nathaniel noticed the glance Lenora sent to his leg and he took his feet down from the footstool so he could sit up straight. "I did a lot of walking today and in the snow, no less. It's all about building up strength and I couldn't have exercised it so much just a few months ago," he reassured her. The last thing he wanted to do was show physical weakness, not after the things he'd witnesses on the battlefield.

It was nice to have Lenora alone for a time and he felt he should make good use of the opportunity. He leaned forward, so he was ever so much closer to Lenora without standing up and making her feel awkward. "You always know how much those letters meant to me, don't you?" he softly asked her. Whenever he was in Lenora's company, it made him question why he'd wasted his time with Grace those years ago and why he'd allowed her to break his heart on his return from the war. The woman sitting opposite him had been his life for longer than Grace had been, yet he had been so blind to realise how much Lenora meant to him at the time. "You are a breath of fresh air, Lenora," he told her, letting out an uncharacteristically nervous little chuckle. "You are such a beautiful woman, and lately I have found myself questioning why I have not taken you out for dinner yet. I mean... Why I haven't asked you to join me for dinner yet," he corrected himself. He shuffled a little in his seat and fought back the threats of being rendered speechless. "Lenora, would you like to join me for dinner one evening? Just the two of us, at a restaurant of your choice?" he earnestly asked.

Rhaine Rhaine (Lenora)

jBLWx69.jpg
Elizabeth smiled happily as Nathaniel suggested Evelyn help her out in the kitchen, at first she was going to dismiss the idea; certainly Little Wolf would enjoy the company of Lenora more than herself in the kitchen, but she held back. In her time away from the house she had missed her sister's attention, she slipped and arm into Evelyn's and headed into the kitchen to get to 'work'. Elizabeth had always loved cooking, despite her early days of utter confectionery disaster, and with her mothers insistence and tutelage she had grown better over the years. She was a far cry from their mother's talents but she kept up the effort even in the darkest of times.

She knew most women thought it old or demeaning that being in the kitchen, cooking for their family, was some sort of slight to their sex, but Elizabeth felt empowered by it. There were few that could do what she could, and fewer still that could recreate a dish to near perfection only ever having tasted it once. She knew this skill didn't do much in the world, but it certainly had brought cheer and delight to those she volunteered to feed over the years. She set out Evelyn on the task of creating the cake, measuring out its ingredients whilst she turned her attention to roasting the fowl.

Lenora C. Baratheon
Misty Gray Misty Gray
Blue eyes trained on Nathan as he spoke, and Lenora's expression shifted into one of impassioned spirit when he mentioned members of his own confidence desiring him to stoop to the low of the Lannisters. She furrowed her dark brow slightly before her shoulders shifted back into something like resoluteness. "Unlike the lions, you don't need to play dirty to make progress. Please, don't let it weigh on you. If you are not sincere and without corruption, then you will only be more of the like, and nothing will ever change." She shook her head. She had never doubted Nathaniel in his capacity for being genuine. His cause was just, right, and necessary. Lenora knew the place he would take when all the trying proceedings were over was meant, and that the work he would be able to do for the good of all would be worth the strain. She only prayed that he would make it out on the other end whole and unharmed.

As it was meant to, his reassurance about his old wound placated her, at least a bit for the moment. He had caught on her concern without a word. He was perceptive. She wondered what else he could see in her. She felt translucent.

As if as an answer to a question, she watched his expression turn earnest. He leaned forward a bit, just a fraction, but the feeling in the air seemed to change drastically. She could hardly breathe. The look over his handsome, Northern features seemed to speak to something in her that had been hidden, now bared.

Lenora had not expected it - none of it. She half-believed that she was dreaming. Perhaps she had fainted unknowingly and slipped into some deep, realistic dream. The tune on the phonograph seemed far away. The flush staining her cheeks, the tips of her ears, and her chest burned, but she couldn't break their shared gaze. It seemed a wrong thing to do. It would almost be a defeat.

"I..."

He had asked her a question. He had called her beautiful and spoken ardently about the letters she had written to him when he was away, during the war. It had been then that she had realized her feelings, when he was out of her reach, when he could have so easily been taken from her grasp forever. She had never prayed - never dreamed or hoped or wished or burned as much as she had during that time. She hadn't written a word of such things in her letters to him, but now she wondered if he had felt it anyway, through the carefully scripted lines. She heard the earnestness in his voice. How long had this been in him?

"You mean... N-Mr. Stark," She flushed further, not knowing where that monicker had come from. Had she been afraid to use his name? She had never addressed him so formally. Not once, save for now, and she quickly discarded it in embarrassment.

"Nathan, are you... you mean you... wish to court me?"

Her voice was more together than she felt, yet in it lay her disbelief and her terrible, consuming hope. What if it was only a joke? Still, she knew he would never be so unkind. The question was without propriety, but she hadn't been able to contain it. She was blunt in a common setting, and this was a more extreme case. For all intents and purposes, it was almost mild given what could have come out of her mouth.

After a few moments, it was as if she finally understood. Though the shift inside her was drastic, her expression retained a measure of composure. Even so, joy lived in the full, blue of her eyes, and she couldn't help the bright smile that fell over her lips.

"Yes. Yes, I would ... like that very much." Naturally, she held out her hand between them for him to take, not knowing what exactly was proper, but wanting to feel a closer sense of togetherness. She was still actively fighting against the part of herself that swore she was dreaming. Either way, she figured if so, it was a good dream, and one not meant to be wasted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back